Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith's Rhythm versus Guitar Solo
Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: May 7, 2011 16:22

I am finally going to admit that Keith's efforts at playing a guitar solo, in concert at least, have gone downhill. Over the last few years, for instance, his solo for Sympathy for the Devil has been mediocre, in comparison to what he performed in the first half of his career.

However, I find the rhythm, riffing part of his music to be as sharp as ever. It is what makes the Stones music so unique and recognizable. Anyway, Keith, even from the beginning, was never that great a solo kind of guitarist.

Let Ronnie from now on handle all the solos, if there are any in a song. I for one am very satisfied with his laid back rhythm and riffing.

Re: Keith's Rhythm versus Guitar Solo
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 7, 2011 16:52

You've come to that conclusion now? Heh.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 7, 2011 17:02

I hate to say it but if I'm honest, Keith doesn't really ever get out of first gear on either his 'solos' or his ' rhythm. Since the 81/82 tour he has gradually took more of a back seat and allowed backing musicians and Chuck to fill the gaps. In fact his solos have at times just been plain embarrassing - I think the term noodling is even too generous. We will never see Keith play a guitar like he used to, the combination of physical wear and tear coupled with a seeming lack of interest in playing guitar has firmly closed that door.

This doesn't mean they can;'t tour again, let him do his posing and give the work to Ron and maybe some guest [players.

Date: May 7, 2011 17:04

So were you honest?

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 7, 2011 17:12

Very!

Date: May 7, 2011 17:35

Well you said "if I'm honest" so I wasn't sure if you were or not.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1612
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home