Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Where's Swiss?
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 29, 2010 07:33

By the way, Swiss never reported anyone. She did complain to the list (not bv) about other people too easily reporting other posters, and rightfully so, in my opinion. It is just too much when someone like Swiss gets banned.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-29 17:37 by 71Tele.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: December 29, 2010 08:01

I'm not going to take side against or for anybody here. I think it's a pitty posters being banned by the minute. But here is the statement I was refering to earlier. Judge for yourself:

swiss
I wish I'd seen the original thread/post by Honestman. I guess I wish instead of people being banned straight away, that individual threads would be taken down. I do not wish to start a discussion deconstructing moderation policies, so that's all I'll say.

Except the person he wrote about is an officious, unlikable, unkind, aggressive, bull-in-a-china-shop braggart--and I'm glad all of this has made her pipe down.

On iorr and in "life" I'm the first person to jump to almost anyone's defense, especially when others are ganging up and exhibiting mob mentality, piling on someone, but she is truly one of the least likable people I've ever come across. Anywhere.

Posted by: Squiggle ()
Date: December 29, 2010 12:50

Today we are all swiss? sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-29 12:59 by Squiggle.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: December 29, 2010 13:34

In my opinion, if you haven't been banned a couple of times on iorr you're not a true fan of the boys.
Just start a new account and keep in mind that - tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes!

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: December 29, 2010 14:32

71Tele
By the way, Swiss never reported anyone. She did complain about other people too easily reporting other posters, and rightfully so, in my opinion. It is just too much when someone like Swiss gets banned. If saying this gets me banned, so be it. One must stand up sometimes for what is right.

And you know FOR A FACT she never reported anyone?

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: December 29, 2010 14:59

I'm sure if she was banned - which we don't know for sure, that she would just re-register under a different email address with a different name?

Anyway, if you are listening bv and she was banned, let her back in old chap, we need good posters in here and swiss was most definately one of those. Why not adopt a football card system (I'm talking English football here) where you get two yellow cards before a red and sending off. You could attach a small yellow square to the offenders posts so we could see who was on a card....maybe not, too much spliff last night, not thinking logically!

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: December 29, 2010 16:37

It would never come to my mind to report other posters like in the kindergarden . . people are strange!

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: December 29, 2010 16:39

For Swiss:

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 29, 2010 17:39

71Tele
By the way, Swiss never reported anyone. She did complain to the list (not bv) about other people too easily reporting other posters, and rightfully so, in my opinion. It is just too much when someone like Swiss gets banned.
Agreed,this is absolutely stupid. All the fun,nice people are getting banned? WTF is going on? Come on BV lighten up man. This is getting ridiculous. Swiss never made any personal attacks on other posters. She was.hopefully still is.One of the nicest people on this board. If it's going to come to this,just shut the place down.thumbs down

Date: December 29, 2010 17:48

crumbling_mice
I'm sure if she was banned - which we don't know for sure, that she would just re-register under a different email address with a different name?

Anyway, if you are listening bv and she was banned, let her back in old chap, we need good posters in here and swiss was most definately one of those. Why not adopt a football card system (I'm talking English football here) where you get two yellow cards before a red and sending off. You could attach a small yellow square to the offenders posts so we could see who was on a card....maybe not, too much spliff last night, not thinking logically!

Unfortunately we do know for sure. People should be able to use strong language occasionally to express themselves. There is a major distinction between doing that and "personal attacks", which in my view Swiss was never guilty of.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: December 29, 2010 17:49

To swiss:

I've always enjoyed your articulate and knowlageable posts. To quote Charlie Watts: "Wha' a shame".confused smiley

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: December 29, 2010 18:05

MILKYWAY
Actually, I believe she was banned for excessive reporting of other posters. Very dishonorable.

Actually dancingmisterd is the board´s expert on speculating about excessive reporting of others posters...seems as if you´ve joined his club...

Maybe swiss will return,I hope so...

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: December 29, 2010 18:06

swiss e-mailed me this morning .
Even if I posted yesterday evening,I haven't seen the Merck's thread .
So I won't be able to tell what went wrong but proudmary is banned as well.

The only lesson I got from my "09.11.01" ' s thread -that was deleted because too many people reported it to bv ,it made me feel so bad because to me it was a real & truth tribute - is that bv don't want us to post threads that could lead to fights between people ,unless if these threads are Stones related .

Do I get it right ?

I lately asked on a very offensive way one of the poster here to delete his post-he knows who he is smiling smiley,just because what he posted upseted me .
I phoned him to apologize ,because I should have asked him via e-mail .

I can understand now why bv doesn't want his board to become a riffle range .
I am not "polishing the apple "when saying this .I am not this kind of person.

I am still very deceived and upset about the way things went wrong for Honestman .

If he was "guilty" , it was also because he tried to support me on an unfair concern with another poster .

I DO agree with crumblin_mice ,one warning would be nice.
But instead of posting on a thread that will be close soon,we'd better ask this to bv himself via an e-mail .

I 've always been very appreciative/admiring of swiss' prose/way of writting ,the words she used and how she used them.

Concerning proudmary , even if I sometimes was upset because of her too big interest on Mick's manhood , I got to know her via e-mails and found out we may be are alike more than I thought -I ain't talking about Jaggercool smiley

How can I end my post ?
It would be a pity if some people who are passionate about the Stones wouldn't be able to post here again just because there were some misunderstandings of the rules .
To be honest, I myself don't always get them .

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: December 29, 2010 18:17

Doxa
all these no-brains-I-am-stupid-rolling-stones-bimbo-things. My god. I thought this site is more than that. - Doxa

Could you be more accurate ,Doxa ?
Thanks .smiling smiley

Date: December 29, 2010 18:19

Everybody is allowed to post here. Don't break the rules, and if you do - say I'm sorry.

I don't wanna come across as heartless here, but these things happen. Most importantly, though, they can be mended.

Sometimes, when playing on other people's ground, you gotta swallow your pride, and do what it takes to come back.

Just my two cents (and I'm missing the banned posters as much as anyone on this board).

Date: December 29, 2010 18:20

Since we starting a new year, bv, should let all banned back, in the spirit of the season,it would be a nice gesture on his part.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: December 29, 2010 18:22

This argument is getting a bit like.. Swiss cheese its starting to get holes in it..>grinning smiley<

Date: December 29, 2010 18:23

ROPENI
Since we starting a new year, bv, should let all banned back, in the spirit of the season,it would be a nice gesture on his part.

A General Amnesty?

Date: December 29, 2010 18:24

71Tele
ROPENI

A General Amnesty?

Yes thumbs up

Date: December 29, 2010 18:25

Amnesty for Swiss and Honestman!

Date: December 29, 2010 18:28

crumbling_mice

Don't it come to your mind that SOME people don't want to come back ?

"One last dollar," she say "I got my pride"
cool smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 29, 2010 18:29

Any banned person may tell me sorry and get back at any time. Very simple. And if you offended and you do not feel sorry then you are not welcome on IORR, simply because IORR is based on respect not hate/fight/offence.

Bjornulf

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 29, 2010 18:37

i wonder if it's possible to apologize in advance of any transgression and obtain an automatic re-entry pass.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 29, 2010 18:38

What happened in that Merck's thread that it caused two high-profile posters banned? This forum is way weaker without those distinctive voices. Our loss.

- Doxa

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: December 29, 2010 18:39

crumbling_mice

We could organize a demonstration:

Date: December 29, 2010 18:47

kleermaker
crumbling_mice

Good idea - let's start with a dirty protest! eye popping smiley

Date: December 29, 2010 18:51

crumbling_mice
kleermaker
crumbling_mice

Good idea - let's start with a dirty protest! eye popping smiley
crumblin-mice, would you mind to edit the "Uploaded with ImageShack.us" in your signature winking smiley
I can't see you in the back cool smiley

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 29, 2010 18:57

bv
Any banned person may tell me sorry and get back at any time. Very simple. And if you offended and you do not feel sorry then you are not welcome on IORR, simply because IORR is based on respect not hate/fight/offence.
And what if these people didn't do anything wrong in the first place. Why aplogize for not doing anything wrong?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-29 19:03 by sweetcharmedlife.

Date: December 29, 2010 18:59

sweetcharmedlife
bv
And what if these peopel didn't do anything wrong in the first place. Why aplogize for not doing anything wrong?

Exactly. I don't want to speak for her, but I think Swiss feels she did not do anything wrong.

Date: December 29, 2010 19:00

Bjornulf ,would you mind to tell us what "offense" means for you .Not you personally of course but for the so called iorr'rules.

Since English isn't my native langage , I founded this :

Offense :
1/ something that outrages the moral or physical senses

2/ the act of attacking : assault b : the means or method of attacking or of attempting to score c : the offensive team or members of a team playing offensive positions d : scoring ability

3/
the act of displeasing or affronting b : the state of being insulted or morally outraged <takes offense at the slightest criticism>

4/ a breach of a moral or social code : sin, misdeed b : an infraction of law; especially : misdemeanor

Let us know because as I wrote it above , I am not sure I got it all.

btw,you know what ?

WE WOULD RATHER BE AT A ROLLING STONES CONCERT !spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
I hope 2011 will be the year !

Bring back the posters when you know how much they love the Stones & how they loved being on your board .
We are adults ,aren't we ?
Simple as that .

Christmas clemency ?smiling smiley

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2095
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home