Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Their Satanic Majesties Request etymology
Posted by: canadian.sway ()
Date: December 29, 2010 15:07

I know that the album was named by toying with the line inside British Passports "Her Britannic Majesty requests and requires..."

Is there however, more to the story? They had to of known that using the word Satanic was a risky marketing move.

Any more help on the history of this album title would be appreciated. I have a friend who truly believes the band made a deal with the deveil, and I am trying to provide a rational case for why they didn't... yeah... weird i know.

Re: Their Satanic Majesties Request etymology
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 29, 2010 15:14

it was a reference to the hostility the British authorities had been showing the band in 1967 -
they were going to call it "Her Satanic Majesty Requests", but that was considered too much

but anyone who believes musicians can make deals with devils is not going to be swayed by rational arguments

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 29, 2010 15:35

with sssoul
but anyone who believes musicians can make deals with devils is not going to be swayed by rational arguments

What??!!!Robert Johnson made the deal, and we are still enjoying the fruits of that! smoking smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 29, 2010 18:03

Doxa
with sssoul

What??!!!Robert Johnson made the deal, and we are still enjoying the fruits of that! smoking smiley

- Doxa

And Bob Dylan, according to Bob. When he went to New York for two months and came back to Minnesota with suddenly very heightened abilities.

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: December 29, 2010 18:49

john lennon also spoke about the deal...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2829
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home