Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: OT: did I miss something? where's Honestman?
Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: December 18, 2010 14:37

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 18, 2010 15:02

Your right Doxa about the policy, but it's nice to know what's the reason of banning, if this one will be deleted next week we have a new one ...where is honestman

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: December 19, 2010 18:53

Having an Honestman back on IORR would be a nice gift for Christmas smiling smiley
Sway Stones.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 19, 2010 20:20

SwayStones
Having an Honestman back on IORR would be a nice gift for Christmas smiling smiley
Sway Stones.
A Christmas amnesty would be a good idea.thumbs up

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: December 19, 2010 20:45

sweetcharmedlife
SwayStones
Sway Stones.

I don't think an Honest Man will accept amnesty because such a man will say he's innocent in the first place. Honest Men are mostly also Proud Men.

Date: December 19, 2010 21:34

sweetcharmedlife
SwayStones
Sway Stones.

A gift for iorr , I tell ya.smiling smiley

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: December 19, 2010 22:08

It's so unpleasant and nasty story. I really can't believe it.
SwayStone if you in touch with Honestman send him my respect, please

Date: December 19, 2010 22:44

NICOS
Your right Doxa about the policy, but it's nice to know what's the reason of banning, if this one will be deleted next week we have a new one ...where is honestman
As I told bv,-or bv told me -the policy is the policy .
Actually I feel sorry that I didn't think to make a "capture" of my early thread -the one that was deleted -
because very nice messages dedicated to Honestman were posted .

Same with DELTICS 's thread.
As far as I know,Deltics is a gentleman.What a shame he doesn't post here anymore.
swiss, what about adding Deltics ,a sort of :
Where is Honestman & where is Deltics ?smiling smiley

J Geils ...don't mix with my video above ..no J Geils band :-)))
but it does mean something winking smiley

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-19 23:38 by SwayStones.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: December 19, 2010 22:56

Well, it's stupid to comment on this (since it's against the rules). But I'll have a go: It's really a clear cut case; Honestman posted a thread where he wanted members to take a stand against another member on this board. It's simply a stupid thing to do. Just apologize and get over it!

Date: December 19, 2010 23:28

Stoneage
Well, it's stupid to comment on this (since it's against the rules). But I'll have a go: It's really a clear cut case; Honestman posted a thread where he wanted members to take a stand against another member on this board. It's simply a stupid thing to do. Just apologize and get over it!
It was clearly done tongue in cheek. Not mean spirited in anyway.IMHO.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: December 20, 2010 01:35

Stoneage

Sorry Stoneage,but at no time in his thread did Honestman asked or even implied for other members to take a stand against Addicted,all he did was write something funny.
Now, some people seem to have a very thin skin,and they go running to the boss to complaint,you know what? this is a board where we all think different,and no one ought to be upset cause someone writes a thread that they don't like.
Addicted, has written some very harsh things about other members,and is not a big deal,you give and you take.
BTW, he has nothing to apologize for,but that's up to him..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-20 01:59 by ROPENI.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: December 20, 2010 01:46

I don´t get it ,Honestman banned,Deltics in Exile...?

Damned,what´s going on ?

It´s a shame... - this place is too empty without you.

I think some issues are handled in a quite double standard way,meanwhile...

This one´s for Alan and Pascal...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-20 01:57 by shortfatfanny.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: December 20, 2010 02:23

ROPENI: It's a thin line between "tongue in cheek" and sarcasm. And frankly I'm not a bit interested in personal innuendos between different members, however "tounge in cheek" they may be. By the way, I would never "run to the boss" for small matters like this, or almost anything. Surely I would like Honestman to come back, and Deltics too!

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: December 20, 2010 02:26

Oh jeez, not this again.

Date: December 20, 2010 02:33

Stoneage
ROPENI: It's a thin line between "tongue in cheek" and sarcasm. And frankly I'm not a bit interested in personal innuendos between different members, however "tounge in cheek" they may be. By the way, I would never "run to the boss" for small matters like this, or almost anything. Surely I would like Honestman to come back, and Deltics too!

Stoneage,Perhaps, l did not make myself clear,l didn't mean that you in particular went running to the boss,it really doesn't matter,to me is very childish,for people in general to get all bent out shape,because of disagreements in this or any board.Life is too short,and yes we both agree, that Honestman and Deltics ought be allowed back.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 20, 2010 02:41

Stoneage

Right on both points. I think many here are incapable of understanding irony and sarcasm. I have been banned myself under similar circumstances. I also think too many here have a hair trigger mentality about reporting things that really are marginal. Outright abuse is one thing, poking gentle fun at someone (or something) is another. We should have the maturity to be able to distinguish between the two.

Date: December 20, 2010 02:41

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 20, 2010 02:42

Is Honestman banned or completely removed ?

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: December 20, 2010 09:46

Sway, thanks for passing along my regards to Honestman.

Adding Deltics would be provocative, so I'm not going to to it, tho I miss Deltics too.

I wish I'd seen the original thread/post by Honestman. I guess I wish instead of people being banned straight away, that individual threads would be taken down. I do not wish to start a discussion deconstructing moderation policies, so that's all I'll say.

Except the person he wrote about is an officious, unlikable, unkind, aggressive, bull-in-a-china-shop braggart--and I'm glad all of this has made her pipe down.

On iorr and in "life" I'm the first person to jump to almost anyone's defense, especially when others are ganging up and exhibiting mob mentality, piling on someone, but she is truly one of the least likable people I've ever come across. Anywhere.

If there's any truth to her assertions about being around "Camp X-Ray," I have some insight into how that could possibly be the case after reading LIFE. Keith plays a good-cop/bad-cop act. He assembles abrasive unpleasant people around him as a shield, whose bloated noisome rhetoric repels people like a toxic moat, keeping them away from him so he can get the space and privacy he needs.

To Honestman and Deltics :-(

- swiss

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: December 20, 2010 10:11

Can we not regret the loss of two great iorr posters and hope for their return without continuing the feud (which is unlikely to help Honestman and very likely to get this thread removed)?

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 20, 2010 10:19

Swiss, I once made a political analogy of the nature of this site but it was delated about within a minute. I won't make it again, but the point of that - and I still stand by it - was that this is not a democratic place, which is alright because a site like this is run by one person, and it exists solely by the will of that person, and it is up to him how to moderate it. As it should be. But sometimes - especially lately - it has starten to sound as far as "us", the lesser mortals - the posters - go, we live in Animal Farm where some other animals are more equal than others.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-20 10:20 by Doxa.

Date: December 20, 2010 10:56

swiss
To Honestman and Deltics :-(

- swiss

WHAOUH swiss !
What a declaration of love !smiling smiley

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: December 20, 2010 11:01

Green Lady
Can we not regret the loss of two great iorr posters and hope for their return without continuing the feud (which is unlikely to help Honestman and very likely to get this thread removed)?

Yes,you may be right,Green Lady .It's a wise behaviour.

Stoneage
Well, it's stupid to comment on this (since it's against the rules). But I'll have a go: It's really a clear cut case; Honestman posted a thread where he wanted members to take a stand against another member on this board.

I am sorry to say,stoneage ,but no.Not even close .

Date: December 20, 2010 11:15

Doxa
Swiss, I once made a political analogy of the nature of this site but it was delated about within a minute. I won't make it again, but the point of that - and I still stand by it - was that this is not a democratic place, which is alright because a site like this is run by one person, and it exists solely by the will of that person, and it is up to him how to moderate it. As it should be. But sometimes - especially lately - it has starten to sound as far as "us", the lesser mortals - the posters - go, we live in Animal Farm where some other animals are more equal than others.

- Doxa

Many posters are posting into the wind. Lately many, many threads end up being selective privatized conversations.
Maybe our user names should re-shuffle every week. Where we don't know what name we are going to use, and nobody else knows it either.

Date: December 20, 2010 11:52

If you break the rules (they are easy to understand, btw), I don't see the point of making an uprising because another poster is banned for a few days.

Like Bjørnulf says - all you gotta do is to say you're sorry and you'll come back again in an instant.

People report anything. Lots of posters have complained numerous times on my posts and signatures. If I step over the line, I gotta apologise - it's really as simple as that.

When that is said, I really hope Honest Man and Deltics are coming back soon.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: December 20, 2010 12:44

Palace Revolution 2000
Doxa

- Doxa

Many posters are posting into the wind. Lately many, many threads end up being selective privatized conversations.
Maybe our user names should re-shuffle every week. Where we don't know what name we are going to use, and nobody else knows it either.

It's a nice idea, Palace Revolution 2000.

Posted by: dancingmisterd ()
Date: December 20, 2010 13:28

Funny, many of the posters in this thread are some of the most frequent, um, "reporters of inappropriate posts."

You know who you are winking smiley

Date: December 20, 2010 14:00

dancingmisterd
Funny, many of the posters in this thread are some of the most frequent, um, "reporters of inappropriate posts."

You know who you are winking smiley

What makes you think this ?
Since I am on IORR,I reported only two posts if I remember well.The 1st one was two years ago because a poster had insulted me in French-as bv couldn't understand-
The 2d one was last month,when another French poster called me d*ckhead .

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: December 20, 2010 14:25

If you can't take it................don't give it,and The Pot calling the Kettle Black come to mind.There are a few sensitive posters who get very upset if they get told off, and cry and run out of the classroom.I'm pretty thick skinned myself and carry on regardless. smoking smiley>grinning smiley<smoking smiley

Date: December 20, 2010 14:38

DandelionPowderman-wrote.
"Like Bjørnulf says - all you gotta do is to say you're sorry and you'll come back again in an instant".

What if you feel you didn't do anything wrong? why would anyone apologize?
There is something called PRINCIPLES.....

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1937
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home