Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: OT: did I miss something? where's Honestman?
Posted by: dancingmisterd ()
Date: December 20, 2010 14:43

SwayStones
dancingmisterd
Funny, many of the posters in this thread are some of the most frequent, um, "reporters of inappropriate posts."

You know who you are winking smiley

What makes you think this ?
Since I am on IORR,I reported only two posts if I remember well.The 1st one was two years ago because a poster had insulted me in French-as bv couldn't understand-
The 2d one was last month,when another French poster called me d*ckhead .

I won't state any specific names because we all know what happens then but . . .

In the past, I have posted comments and afterwards other posters (some of which appear in this thread) have responded by posting negative posts, including personal attacks, and then my original post disappears.

As misterfrias stated in Honestman's thread, "It [being deleted] happens to everyone." One should not take it personally.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: December 20, 2010 15:55

I didn't know about this,dancingmisterd .
As doxa once said "French are thick skinned "winking smiley

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: December 20, 2010 16:05

Thou Shall Not Report Any Other Fellow Board Member. That's my motto. Never done it.

Date: December 20, 2010 16:06

ROPENI
DandelionPowderman-wrote.
"Like Bjørnulf says - all you gotta do is to say you're sorry and you'll come back again in an instant".

What if you feel you didn't do anything wrong? why would anyone apologize?
There is something called PRINCIPLES.....

Principles are good, and I can sympathise with the "no regrets, no surrender-attitude". However, this is a forum lead by one guy that set the rules. The conditions for being here are that those rules are not to be bent. That's just the way it is...

Date: December 20, 2010 16:08

kleermaker
Thou Shall Not Report Any Other Fellow Board Member. That's my motto. Never done it.

Agree! Imo, it's way better to give a friendly advice if a fellow IORRian steps over the line, accidentally or not.

Then again, that is not up to us to decide...

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: December 20, 2010 16:11

kleermaker

Be sure there are enough here with some nervous fingers...triggering the "report" button regularly....I just hope
IORR is not becoming IOKG...

Date: December 20, 2010 16:15

dancingmisterd
Funny, many of the posters in this thread are some of the most frequent, um, "reporters of inappropriate posts."

How do you know ? Do you have any access to Bjornulfs pc or laptop ?

Date: December 20, 2010 16:19

DandelionPowderman
ROPENI
"Like Bjørnulf says - all you gotta do is to say you're sorry and you'll come back again in an instant".

Principles are good, and I can sympathise with the "no regrets, no surrender-attitude". However, this is a forum lead by one guy that set the rules. The conditions for being here are that those rules are not to be bent. That's just the way it is...

I think you are both right ,you two.
For myself,I am not trying to discuss the forum's rules
bv is the only owner of the bar ,and as the only owner,he can decide to close the bar at any time he wants .
But what if the customers didn't finish their drinks,yet ?
( BTW,I remember a photo /drawing that i think,Rockman posted some months ago ,it showed some people in a Far West bar ,and we had some fun with it trying to guess who was who ...It was a nice one ,anyone remember it?

Seriously,it is just that I sometimes don't understand how it works .I mean that I undestand the following English words "The IORR forum pages are made for Stones fans to communicate. Normal manners are expected. Offending language, offending or personal posts are not accepted. Write as if you are talking to normal people. Write normal text, please do not write in UPPER CASE unless it is natural in the context. Please do not post or discuss other individual non-public persons without their approval. Political and religious posts are not accepted. Campaigns are not accepted. "

But sometimes I don't get the " one rule for one, another rule for others"
It makes me confused ,and there is nothing offending on what I am trying to say .

"Write as if you are talking to normal people"
I get this sentence in this way :"Don't write what you would never dare to say face to face to someone."
Am I right in my understanding ?

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 20, 2010 16:19

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker

Agree! Imo, it's way better to give a friendly advice if a fellow IORRian steps over the line, accidentally or not.

Then again, that is not up to us to decide...

I agree too. Never occurred to my mind to "report" of some post if I find that insulting or offensive (toward myself or others) or something like that. My reaction, if not ignoring it altogether, usually is to respond in public, and keep it as public as possible, which - I know by experience - is probably not always the best tactics. And sometimes my responds seem to disappear...grinning smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: December 20, 2010 16:24

shortfatfanny
dancingmisterd

Time to contact Wikileaks and Julian Assange.

Date: December 20, 2010 16:29

The Sicilian
shortfatfanny
dancingmisterd

>grinning smiley<

- Doxa

Date: December 20, 2010 16:32

The Sicilian
shortfatfanny
dancingmisterd

Ssshhhhhhh,Sicilian.......winking smiley

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 20, 2010 19:05

ROPENI

+1

Posted by: dancingmisterd ()
Date: December 20, 2010 19:12

shortfatfanny
dancingmisterd

I know that *YOU* are one of the posters I was referring to. See my subsequent post. Didn't want to name names but you asked . . . .

(and to everyone else, if my post disappears, you'll know who was involved).

Date: December 20, 2010 19:14

It feels like we are - to quote a great Stones tune - playing with fire in this thread. But still doing good... No one has burned yet... smoking smiley

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-20 19:14 by Doxa.

Date: December 20, 2010 19:23

dancingmisterd
shortfatfanny
dancingmisterd

I know that *YOU* are one of the posters I was referring to. See my subsequent post. Didn't want to name names but you asked . . . .

(and to everyone else, if my post disappears, you'll know who was involved).

Oh dear,you checked Bjornulfs email box...never made use of the "report button" a single time.

But I´m sure you found the mail I wrote to him couple of years ago concerning a post of a member of this board
Gazza commented here with "Welcome Mr.Glitter" if I remember correctly.

Bad luck,eh...?grinning smiley

Date: December 20, 2010 19:25

Doxa
It feels like we are - to quote a great Stones tune - playing with fire in this thread. But still doing good... No one has burned yet... smoking smiley

- Doxa

The sky is red, I don't understand,
Past midnight I still see the land.
People are sayin' the woman is damned,
She makes you burn with a wave of her hand.
The city's a blaze, the town's on fire.
The woman's flames are reaching higher.
We were fools, we called her liar.
All I hear is "Burn!"

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 20, 2010 19:35

Doxa

- Doxa
BV must be out shoveling snow and hasn't seen this yet.winking smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: December 21, 2010 06:25

SwayStones
swiss
To Honestman and Deltics :-(

- swiss

WHAOUH swiss !
What a declaration of love !smiling smiley

SwayStones, I mean it metaphorically!!

I think this thread has served its purpose. No one's gotten to bent out of shape. If anyone has wondered what happened to Honestman and Deltics they can learn that here.

I guess if I were Honestman I might apologize--not for the substance of what was said, but because it is a stated rule not to talk about someone else in the community, and that rule was apparently broken. It would not be a loss of integrity to apologize for breaking the rule, without apologizing for the opinion Honestman holds for the person who was written about.

my 2c--
swiss

ps I may be thin-skinned at times, but I think it's not the thin-skinned who report messages but those people who act spitefully, pettily, and self-righteously. My feelings get hurt now and again (certainly not boasting; it's just true) but I'd never focking narc on someone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-21 06:26 by swiss.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: December 21, 2010 15:41

kleermaker

That should be the rule,except when someone goes way over the line,for example,
l been in this board for over 5 years,and have had my share of disagreements,with different posters,to me is not a big deal"different strokes" and all of that,but in one particular case this guy(he is no longer in the board) decided to be cute,and started to sent spam and all kinds of shit to my e:mail, him, l did report and he has not been around since,but to report someone cause of a difference of opinions? Not cool at all.

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 21, 2010 17:18

ROPENI
kleermaker

That should be the rule,except when someone goes way over the line,for example,
l been in this board for over 5 years,and have had my share of disagreements,with different posters,to me is not a big deal"different strokes" and all of that,but in one particular case this guy(he is no longer in the board) decided to be cute,and started to sent spam and all kinds of shit to my e:mail, him, l did report and he has not been around since,but to report someone cause of a difference of opinions? Not cool at all.

i don't understand why ppl take a board like this nor themselves so seriously as to call out another member to the moderator. life's too short. this is a place to get away from the grind and have some fun. someone (apparently) called me out a few years back for using a dirty word here. gimme a break.

Date: December 21, 2010 17:54

swiss
SwayStones, I mean it metaphorically!!

I think this thread has served its purpose. No one's gotten to bent out of shape. If anyone has wondered what happened to Honestman and Deltics they can learn that here.

I guess if I were Honestman I might apologize--not for the substance of what was said, but because it is a stated rule not to talk about someone else in the community, and that rule was apparently broken. It would not be a loss of integrity to apologize for breaking the rule, without apologizing for the opinion Honestman holds for the person who was written about.

my 2c--
swiss

I know,swiss,you meant it metaphorically ,I was just kidding ...although,even if you didn't have meant it metaphorically, I wouldn't find this offensive smiling smiley

Apologizing imo isn't a grasp/''holistically', look at the problem.
I doubt that everytime someone doesn't agree with another poster here he or she has to apologize.

I know Honestman is an honest man and I am sure he opened himself to bv concerning his behaviour -just the way I did myself.

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: angee ()
Date: December 21, 2010 23:17

Good stuff in your last post, Swiss.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-21 23:18 by angee.

Date: December 21, 2010 23:25

In case some of you missed it .winking smiley

SwayStones
SOME MORE about Keith in Paris ........ENJOY !!!

FROM HONESTMAN TO HIS FAITHFULL Iorreans ......Some scans from an "outlaw "smiling smiley

Since he can't post anymore , I am his beloved messenger smiling smiley
Thank Honestman .

Honestman

SwayStones.

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: December 21, 2010 23:32

Unfortunately I don't understand French and I am sick and tired with Keith's book, but I am very glad that Honestman doesn't give up.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: December 21, 2010 23:34

SwayStones

SwayStones

FROM HONESTMAN TO HIS FAITHFULL Iorreans ......Some scans from an "outlaw "smiling smiley

Thank Honestman .

Honestman

SwayStones.

[www.iorr.org]

Fantastic Sway..Thanks to you and the Outlaw..smileys with beer

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Date: December 21, 2010 23:53

ROPENI
SwayStones

SwayStones

Thank Honestman .

Honestman

SwayStones.

[www.iorr.org]

Fantastic Sway..Thanks to you and the Outlaw..smileys with beer

THE OUTLAW STILL RULES !smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-21 23:54 by SwayStones.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 22, 2010 00:07

Can anybody tell me what's this about Honestman?
I don't get it??

Date: December 22, 2010 00:18

Haha...LOL that is my favorite post Amsterdamned.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 22, 2010 00:22

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-22 11:46 by NICOS.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1796
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home