Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: OT: One poster, many names
Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: August 21, 2010 00:26

I only have my one screen name - it's CindyC or nothing - accept no substitutes.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: August 21, 2010 03:29

It's no secret that I am also The Menace of Mayfair. I use Heiloobaas at work.

Posted by: AP ()
Date: August 21, 2010 07:35

Hopefully none of the posters with many names has multiple personality disorder disease smiling smiley

Remember the story of Billy Milligan?

[en.wikipedia.org]

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: August 21, 2010 10:03

kleermaker
swiss
Well, I was accused of being an alter-ego of like 17 other screen names, and also accused being a troll, and it was (surprisingly) truly upsetting. It was just that I was defending 2 then-unpopular posters, and also because I questioned (didn't insult) BV. The outcry of TROLL! for a while there was straight-up scary -- like accusations of Communism during the McCarthy Trials in the US. And no. I am not know, nor have I ever been, a member of the...

smiling smiley

swiss

swiss, I remember you had the honour to be considered my alter egowinking smiley. At that time I was extremely popular. O, the good old times!

Ah yes...indeed! Well we both have stuck it out and hung in there, and I'm glad smiling smiley

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: August 21, 2010 10:13

Always imitated NEVER duplicated. the one & only M A R S H A L L

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: August 21, 2010 18:09

HEILOOBAAS

Is that true? If so, I never knew that!!

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: August 21, 2010 20:43

CindyC
HEILOOBAAS

Is that true? If so, I never knew that!!

That was/is obvious, in the first place because of the signatures, I mean especially the old one of Heiloobaas and the recent one of TMOM. The new signature of Heiloobaas is far more 'decent' and nice than the old one and than the one TMOM uses (though that one is also funny). Also the content of the posts of 'both posters' was/is extremely similar in every aspect. It struck me at once

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: August 21, 2010 21:00

I did it for awhile, but then I forgot which one was me.

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: August 21, 2010 21:40

i have 3, i thought everyone around here would have at least 3, no??

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 21, 2010 21:45

Over 11,000 posts. Never been banned,never used any other name. Just lil old me.smileys with beer

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: August 21, 2010 23:17

sweetcharmedlife
Over 11,000 posts. Never been banned,never used any other name. Just lil old me.smileys with beer

You're so swéét!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 22, 2010 00:35

Marhsall
Always imitated NEVER duplicated. the one & only M A R S H A L L

Now this is very suspicious smiling smiley
You say you are the one and only M A R S H A L L, yet your nickname is M A R H S A L L.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: August 22, 2010 00:39

k

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-24 19:33 by misterfrias.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: August 24, 2010 19:31

sweet neo con
dancingmisterd
How many of the posters on this board are posting under more than one name? I have noticed that multiple threads have the same cast arguing back & forth. Coincidence or is the same poster arguing with him/herself???

This is a good question for CRISSCROSSMIND aka HELTERSKELTER aka MICKSBRAIN etc....
Although I think he's just reincarnated each time. I don't think 2 different "users" are active on the
forum at the same time....but I could be wrong.

I would guess that some of the post-ers that others call "Trolls" may have multiple identities. Not sure.

micksbrain helterskelter crisscrossmind stonesseventytwo 69boogie and many others from 'mark' , often in conversation(s) with self. an international traveller a fashion photographer a vivid fantasy life. dozen names here. beware personal contact with any of these names or agressively solicitiou personal contact. don't fold.

i have only ever posted as the same exact name personally

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-24 19:33 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: August 24, 2010 20:14

There is only 1 steffiestones!!

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: August 24, 2010 20:58

Beelyboy
sweet neo con
dancingmisterd
How many of the posters on this board are posting under more than one name? I have noticed that multiple threads have the same cast arguing back & forth. Coincidence or is the same poster arguing with him/herself???

This is a good question for CRISSCROSSMIND aka HELTERSKELTER aka MICKSBRAIN etc....
Although I think he's just reincarnated each time. I don't think 2 different "users" are active on the

I would guess that some of the post-ers that others call "Trolls" may have multiple identities. Not sure.

micksbrain helterskelter crisscrossmind stonesseventytwo 69boogie and many others from 'mark' , often in conversation(s) with self. an international traveller a fashion photographer a vivid fantasy life. dozen names here. beware personal contact with any of these names or agressively solicitiou personal contact. don't fold.

C'mon,Beelyboy!

Everybody knows Helter Shelter cool smiley
Ot at least,I do .
No need to name his numerous and namerous usernames .

Posted by: Keefan ()
Date: August 24, 2010 21:52

There's some other guy posting under the name Keefan, so when you read some rubbish from Keefan, its from him, not me.

Date: August 27, 2010 01:23

SwayStones
Beelyboy
sweet neo con
dancingmisterd

C'mon,Beelyboy!

Ot at least,I do .

do they? do you? really?
did u know all the above names were the same person did u know that

TELE71 - - tele71
(over 3000 posts IN LESS THAN NINE MONTHS just this one character of the many above and more...)

this is an infection here actually. it has significantly diminished the credibility and time i afford the site.

i'm wary of anybody who has 't been a long time poster, whther i like their opinions or perspective or not; at least it's them and there'snot some agenda that's kinda...well, wiki has definitions for troll and internet stalker and well....minimally let's say, it dimishes trust and credibility to the board and adds a dimension that's unsavory, and unsafe.

beelyboy...Think About it

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-27 01:47 by Beelyboy.

Date: August 27, 2010 03:56

Beelyboy
SwayStones
Beelyboy
sweet neo con
dancingmisterd

C'mon,Beelyboy!

Ot at least,I do .

do they? do you? really?

TELE71 - - tele71
(over 3000 posts IN LESS THAN NINE MONTHS just this one character of the many above and more...)

this is an infection here actually. it has significantly diminished the credibility and time i afford the site.

i'm wary of anybody who has 't been a long time poster, whther i like their opinions or perspective or not; at least it's them and there'snot some agenda that's kinda...well, wiki has definitions for troll and internet stalker and well....minimally let's say, it dimishes trust and credibility to the board and adds a dimension that's unsavory, and unsafe.

You guys....are you really saying (and Sway are you joking or serious) about helterskelter and micksbrain and boogie69 being all the same person? Is that for real?

And beelyboy I am not an old-timer so you might not trust me, but I do enjoy you and your posts---but are you truly saying you think that Tele71 is fake? Maybe I misunderstand what you're saying. When you guys start talking like this I can't tell where it's coming from -- it is true? who would bother having multiple personalities, or are people egging on paranoid people to think there's all this subterfuge, or what's going on?

For Tele71, I don't personally know him, but his posts and his tone, Stones knowledge, music expertise, and writing style are totally consistent with one person, and a thoughtful and articulate person at that! There are maybe 2-3 dozen people people who are at that level of quality, imo, as posters. And I never was interested in the Who Is Your Favorite Poster threads, because it seems also odd and a little junior high--but I have my favorite funny posters and favorite photos posters and favorite women posters and favorite free-form expressionist posters and the history buff posters, and the music geek posters, and anyone who has something to say or is fun for me (or other people to connect with).

Anyway - please tell me you guys are joking? or not. And why would Menace of Mayfair and HEILBOOS have 2 identities...just don't really get it.
- swiss

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-27 03:57 by swiss.

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: August 27, 2010 04:14

swiss
one and only swiss...

i'm swiss too! ;-)

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: August 27, 2010 04:30

hey Swiss...

i would also be surprised if 71Tele was was someone other than 71Tele...

not sure if tons of posts in a 9 month period is a red flag or not...heck, Swaystone
has nearly 5000 in only 2 years. (by the way..I laughed when Swaystone typed
"Helter Shelter" (with an "H" ) instead of "Helterskelter". "Shelter" from Helter.

As for Crisscrossmind/Helterskelter/Micksbrain.....yes, it's always very obvious
when "Mark" resurfaces with a new name (sometimes after getting scolded by BV).
My earliest knowledge of MB is MicksBrain....I didn't know about 69boogie etc...
don't really care either. Gotta agree with Beely that a post-er with multiple
"active" usernames is not good for the forum.

I don't think MB (best known as Helter) has done the "Sybil" thing (multiple personalities at same time) yet.

IORR............but I like it!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-27 04:32 by sweet neo con.

Date: August 27, 2010 06:04

Beelyboy
SwayStones
Beelyboy
sweet neo con
dancingmisterd

C'mon,Beelyboy!

Ot at least,I do .

do they? do you? really?

TELE71 - - tele71

Beeley relax my man. Drop the Oliver Stone impersonation. Not everything is a conspiracy man. Yes Helter Skelter has used multiple names. Micksbrian and Crisscrossmind among them. However,I seriously doubt, in fact I'm almost certain that 71 Tele is not him. Just a newbie who likes to post a lot.(been there done that). Just chill man. Don't get worked up about who's who....BTW,what happened to you last week. Me and Bluzdude were looking for you in Santa Monica. Not that you missed much when it comes to Bettye Lavette. She was terrible. Woulda been better to shoot the shite with you.

Date: August 27, 2010 07:26

guitarbastard
swiss
one and only swiss...

i'm swiss too! ;-)

guitarbastard, I am glad you used a winky smiley. Please tell people you're joking -- tho some probably will never trust/believe me again.

Date: August 27, 2010 19:13

swiss
Beelyboy
SwayStones
Beelyboy
sweet neo con
dancingmisterd

C'mon,Beelyboy!

Ot at least,I do .

do they? do you? really?

TELE71 - - tele71

You guys....are you really saying (and Sway are you joking or serious) about helterskelter and micksbrain and boogie69 being all the same person? Is that for real?

And beelyboy I am not an old-timer so you might not trust me, but I do enjoy you and your posts---but are you truly saying you think that Tele71 is fake? Maybe I misunderstand what you're saying. When you guys start talking like this I can't tell where it's coming from -- it is true? who would bother having multiple personalities, or are people egging on paranoid people to think there's all this subterfuge, or what's going on?

For Tele71, I don't personally know him, but his posts and his tone, Stones knowledge, music expertise, and writing style are totally consistent with one person, and a thoughtful and articulate person at that! There are maybe 2-3 dozen people people who are at that level of quality, imo, as posters. And I never was interested in the Who Is Your Favorite Poster threads, because it seems also odd and a little junior high--but I have my favorite funny posters and favorite photos posters and favorite women posters and favorite free-form expressionist posters and the history buff posters, and the music geek posters, and anyone who has something to say or is fun for me (or other people to connect with).

Anyway - please tell me you guys are joking? or not. And why would Menace of Mayfair and HEILBOOS have 2 identities...just don't really get it.
- swiss

well yes i'm really sayng that 71tele (absolutely!!)
and micksbrain
and
crisscrossmind
and
69boogie
and
stonesseventytwo

plus SEVERAL other names that have been banned. the 'mark' comes back with multiple personalites as i have been saying. usually with dramatic mea culpas to BV, then sneaks something else political in and thinks he's a hero yippie or something...it's just schoolboy stuff and that's whatever ...
but this character also provably tracks people across the web with hate attacks, or overly solicitous praise. whatever man. read who you want. i love iorr.
do whgat u want with the info. it's solid. believe it or not. dance with him or not. your choice. but i know it's dangerous to give out any personal info to this person, and that he will try to obtain it anyway. and he will track u in one way or another if u become targetted or an object of either desire or anger.
u figure it out. i'm just sayin' what is. they and MANY OTHERS are the same hate-attacker and troll. YOU read who you want.
a lot of people DON"T know. no one told me. read how he fumed when no one picked him as favorite poster in that thread. there's a lot of hate there. and he brings it here. and u believe what u want and do what u want. i've told u how it makes me feel; and how potentially disturbing and dangerous this is..
now all u people who don't know this or don't believe it. fine with me.
clearly. as for why, i have already left research suggestions on wiki.
any 'cleverness' wrapped up in a 'creative' idea or 'radical' approach in such a foray is lost when threads are full of conversations of characters talking to each other and maniuplating things here for kicks.
none of this concerns me normally; its the wild web and anyone at all can log on and say anything ... (tho they are identifiable and visible and trackable beyond what they realize) ...
but this kind of manipulation, not to mention personal attacks etc...are out of line. distracting. intentionally overwhelming. u play the game. actually this is a win for such psychological types. it is their only attention source. it's vital. it's sick

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-27 19:16 by Beelyboy.

Date: August 27, 2010 19:25

Sorry Beeley. But your way too paranoid about this shit. Just post your own stuff and don't worry about who's behind what name.

Date: August 27, 2010 19:50

Beelyboy

and micksbrain
and
crisscrossmind
and
69boogie
and
stonesseventytwo

plus SEVERAL other names that have been banned. the 'mark' comes back with multiple personalites as i have been saying. usually with dramatic mea culpas to BV, then sneaks something else political in and thinks he's a hero yippie or something...it's just schoolboy stuff and that's whatever ...
but this character also provably tracks people across the web with hate attacks, or overly solicitous praise. whatever man. read who you want. i love iorr.
do whgat u want with the info. it's solid. believe it or not. dance with him or not. your choice. but i know it's dangerous to give out any personal info to this person, and that he will try to obtain it anyway. and he will track u in one way or another if u become targetted or an object of either desire or anger.
u figure it out. i'm just sayin' what is. they and MANY OTHERS are the same hate-attacker and troll. YOU read who you want.
a lot of people DON"T know. no one told me. read how he fumed when no one picked him as favorite poster in that thread. there's a lot of hate there. and he brings it here. and u believe what u want and do what u want. i've told u how it makes me feel; and how potentially disturbing and dangerous this is..
now all u people who don't know this or don't believe it. fine with me.
clearly. as for why, i have already left research suggestions on wiki.
any 'cleverness' wrapped up in a 'creative' idea or 'radical' approach in such a foray is lost when threads are full of conversations of characters talking to each other and maniuplating things here for kicks.
none of this concerns me normally; its the wild web and anyone at all can log on and say anything ... (tho they are identifiable and visible and trackable beyond what they realize) ...
but this kind of manipulation, not to mention personal attacks etc...are out of line. distracting. intentionally overwhelming. u play the game. actually this is a win for such psychological types. it is their only attention source. it's vital. it's sick

still not sure about 71Tele...(hasn't chimed in yet)

But...Beely I believe that you speak from personal experience.
Wasn't there a time when you & MB were "buds" & then had a "falling out"??
Whatever happened..not completely sure..anyway.....none of what you say
about this guy would surprise me...as you know, I'm not one of his favorite IORRers...mostly
because I don't back down from his baloney...and am not afraid to ID him for what he is.
If he wasn't always instigating nastiness......his antics might be more tolerable (& amusing).

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 27, 2010 19:59

Beelyboy
SwayStones
Beelyboy
sweet neo con
dancingmisterd

C'mon,Beelyboy!

Ot at least,I do .

do they? do you? really?

TELE71 - - tele71

Beely. This is 71Tele, and no one else...I am guilty of many posts, but only one identity. You should not make unfounded accusations. One of the people you have accused me of being in another thread has in fact argued with me on several occasions. Some of my posts have been complimentary toward yours (this, quite recently). So...why the defamation of character? You are making an assumption I post under other names based solely on the number of posts in a given time period? A pretty low standard of suspicion. You owe me an apology. Happy to discuss this with you directly offsite. I thought you were a decent and thoughtful fellow, so I really am surprised at this.

When you make a public attack on someone's credibility it's not the same as just disagreeing with their opinion. I would not dream of attacking your credibility or posting, any more than I have ever contemplated using aliases (what would be the point of that anyway?). Also, if I have indeed posted as much under 71Tele as you say, why would I need an alias to post more?

So, to everyone: Love me or hate me. Agree with me or not. Taylorites and Woodites all...There is only one me. I use only one moniker.

Date: August 27, 2010 20:03

<< Swiss
For Tele71, I don't personally know him, but his posts and his tone, Stones knowledge, music expertise, and writing style are totally consistent with one person, and a thoughtful and articulate person at that! There are maybe 2-3 dozen people people who are at that level of quality, imo, as posters. And I never was interested in the Who Is Your Favorite Poster threads, because it seems also odd and a little junior high--but I have my favorite funny posters and favorite photos posters and favorite women posters and favorite free-form expressionist posters and the history buff posters, and the music geek posters, and anyone who has something to say or is fun for me (or other people to connect with). >>

Thank you! I do not know what has prompted beelyboy's suspicions about me but I have posted a rebuttal above. Whatever our differences, I think we should be careful about attacking the integrity of our fellow posters, as he has done (with absolutely no provocation on my part) to me. To those whom this has also happened to, I know what you feel. I am happy to give me real name and e-mail address to anyone here who has doubts about my veracity, though the innocent should certainly not have to proove the fact against unwarranted accusations. Funny thing is, I like beelyboy's posts, so don't understand his motivations at all.

Date: August 27, 2010 20:06

<< beelyboy

and micksbrain
and
crisscrossmind
and
69boogie
and
stonesseventytwo >>

You are wrong, beelyboy.

Please be a responsible adult and apologize.

71Tele

Date: August 27, 2010 20:11

Thanks for chiming in 71Tele..there's no way I'd ever confuse you w/Helter.

Your posts (unlike the post-er Beely compared you to) are always very sober & thoughtful..
.....at least the ones I've read anyway.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2081
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home