Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
OT: One poster, many names
Posted by: dancingmisterd ()
Date: August 19, 2010 13:31

How many of the posters on this board are posting under more than one name? I have noticed that multiple threads have the same cast arguing back & forth. Coincidence or is the same poster arguing with him/herself???

I'll try to dig up a few examples.

Re: OT: One poster, many names
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 19, 2010 13:33

I don't know. What I do know is that I only post as Rolling Hansie

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 19, 2010 13:53

Not guilty ... it was just me me and me - and occasionally him - your honour !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: August 19, 2010 14:08

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-21 14:21 by misterfrias.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 19, 2010 15:12

it's all one person posting and it's done to screw with you.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: August 19, 2010 18:21

My username is SwayStones ,the only one .cool smiley
I wanted to log as Sway but there were so many of them.....

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 19, 2010 18:25

Only one of me, thank God...

Posted by: winter ()
Date: August 19, 2010 19:29

There is only one poster, skillfully posting as all of us.

There is only one Self, so deftly playing as all the 6+ billion smaller selves, that 'they' forget it is just the one Self.

There is no self, no underlying Self. There is only Is.

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: August 19, 2010 19:40

winter
There is only one poster, skillfully posting as all of us.

There is only one Self, so deftly playing as all the 6+ billion smaller selves, that 'they' forget it is just the one Self.

There is no self, no underlying Self. There is only Is.

Could you give me some of whatever you are on?

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 19, 2010 19:48

I think most nick names are from BV so it looks like a popular board, actually there are less then 10 posters hanging around here cool smiley

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: August 19, 2010 23:34

one and only swiss...

Posted by: FolkyFireKitten1 ()
Date: August 20, 2010 12:48

Unfortunately, this one is the second one (that's why I added a "1" ), just because I couldn't remember my first password and I changed of email address...
Nevertheless, if ever BV can delete the first account and then delete the "1" from this username, I'd be more than happy! (For some reason, I doubt it might be possible...)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-20 14:50 by FolkyFireKitten1.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: August 20, 2010 14:20

This whole thread is only me posting...

Seriously, I think it is impossible to have 2 nicks with 1 IP, isn't it? Or at least it should be possible to set the forum that way. Only BV can tel us whether it is possible here or not. I know that on froums it is possible that if someone is banned, he/she can not create another nick with the same IP. But I am no expert on that.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 20, 2010 14:48

I like the idea that the once-banned can re-register - one strike and you're out forever is much too draconian for my taste.

Anyway, as I once told the late lamented Barn Owl, there's only him and bv on this board, plus me under about 8547 aliases.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: August 20, 2010 14:57

Concerning myself, I am the real and one and only "dead.flowers" and that's the only incarnation under which I do appear here.

However, when, in 2003 must be, I wanted to send my first post here, and thus had to decide for a screen name quick, it turned out that my originally sought out name of "Dead Flowers" was already being used by an occasional poster in the Buy/Sell/Trade section. But it looks like this namesake of mine has never posted here on Tell Me.

Date: August 20, 2010 15:19

Happy24
This whole thread is only me posting...

Seriously, I think it is impossible to have 2 nicks with 1 IP, isn't it? Or at least it should be possible to set the forum that way. Only BV can tel us whether it is possible here or not. I know that on froums it is possible that if someone is banned, he/she can not create another nick with the same IP. But I am no expert on that.

I think you can create as many usernames as you want if you use different e-mail adresses.I know some people do this.

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: dancingmisterd ()
Date: August 20, 2010 15:30

SwayStones
I think you can create as many usernames as you want if you use different e-mail adresses. I know some people do this.

Then I am not completely paranoid. Thank you.

Date: August 20, 2010 15:37

dancingmisterd
SwayStones
I think you can create as many usernames as you want if you use different e-mail adresses. I know some people do this.

Then I am not completely paranoid. Thank you.

Of course,you're not (paranoid)
It's easy to open several mail adresses and then you can register as many time you want.
But then you'll have to be very careful and clever because one can easily find that the orthograph ,or way of writting look just like someone else .

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: August 20, 2010 16:46

More disturbing are the One Name, Many Posters. I hate when that happens.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 20, 2010 17:00

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Keefan ()
Date: August 20, 2010 17:13

"I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together"

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: August 20, 2010 17:42

dancingmisterd
How many of the posters on this board are posting under more than one name? I have noticed that multiple threads have the same cast arguing back & forth. Coincidence or is the same poster arguing with him/herself???

This is a good question for CRISSCROSSMIND aka HELTERSKELTER aka MICKSBRAIN etc....
Although I think he's just reincarnated each time. I don't think 2 different "users" are active on the
forum at the same time....but I could be wrong.

I would guess that some of the post-ers that others call "Trolls" may have multiple identities. Not sure.

IORR............but I like it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-20 17:43 by sweet neo con.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: August 20, 2010 22:43

sweet neo con
dancingmisterd

This is a good question for CRISSCROSSMIND aka HELTERSKELTER aka MICKSBRAIN etc....
Although I think he's just reincarnated each time. I don't think 2 different "users" are active on the

I would guess that some of the post-ers that others call "Trolls" may have multiple identities. Not sure.

Well, I was accused of being an alter-ego of like 17 other screen names, and also accused being a troll, and it was (surprisingly) truly upsetting. It was just that I was defending 2 then-unpopular posters, and also because I questioned (didn't insult) BV. The outcry of TROLL! for a while there was straight-up scary -- like accusations of Communism during the McCarthy Trials in the US. And no. I am not know, nor have I ever been, a member of the...

smiling smiley

swiss

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: August 20, 2010 23:03

swiss
sweet neo con
dancingmisterd

Well, I was accused of being an alter-ego of like 17 other screen names, and also accused being a troll, and it was (surprisingly) truly upsetting. It was just that I was defending 2 then-unpopular posters, and also because I questioned (didn't insult) BV. The outcry of TROLL! for a while there was straight-up scary -- like accusations of Communism during the McCarthy Trials in the US. And no. I am not know, nor have I ever been, a member of the...

smiling smiley

swiss

swiss, I remember you had the honour to be considered my alter egowinking smiley. At that time I was extremely popular. O, the good old times!

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: August 20, 2010 23:06

My name here IS my real name, and I don't use any others.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: August 20, 2010 23:07

I've been accused of being Gazza's alter-ego. Which is actually quite flattering - to him. grinning smiley

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 20, 2010 23:13

i'm just humble tod, but god is my altar ego

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 20, 2010 23:19

You can find me as NICOS and NicoS although the NicoS in bold didn't workout, so it looks like this [ b]NicoS[ /b] the only one who has his name in bold is the BV

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: August 20, 2010 23:26

StonesTod

Tod, everybody here knows you're god. You're in the same league as Clapton and Taylor.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 21, 2010 00:22

kleermaker
StonesTod

Tod, everybody here knows you're god. You're in the same league as Clapton and Taylor.

What's that line from Annie Hall? "It looks like 'God' just went to the bathroom". Not directed at you, Tod!

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 925
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home