Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: OT: One poster, many names
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 27, 2010 20:13

There is only one Amsterdamned.Honest.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 27, 2010 20:18

sweet neo con
Thanks for chiming in 71Tele..there's no way I'd ever confuse you w/Helter.

Your posts (unlike the post-er Beely compared you to) are always very sober & thoughtful..
.....at least the ones I've read anyway.

Thank you sweet neo con. the feeling is mutual, I assure you.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: August 27, 2010 20:22

71Tele
Beelyboy
SwayStones
Beelyboy
sweet neo con
dancingmisterd
How many of the posters on this board are posting under more than one name? I have noticed that multiple threads have the same cast arguing back & forth. Coincidence or is the same poster arguing with him/herself???

This is a good question for CRISSCROSSMIND aka HELTERSKELTER aka MICKSBRAIN etc....
Although I think he's just reincarnated each time. I don't think 2 different "users" are active on the
forum at the same time....but I could be wrong.

I would guess that some of the post-ers that others call "Trolls" may have multiple identities. Not sure.

micksbrain helterskelter crisscrossmind stonesseventytwo 69boogie and many others from 'mark' , often in conversation(s) with self. an international traveller a fashion photographer a vivid fantasy life. dozen names here. beware personal contact with any of these names or agressively solicitiou personal contact. don't fold.

i have only ever posted as the same exact name personally

C'mon,Beelyboy!

Everybody knows Helter Shelter cool smiley
Ot at least,I do .
No need to name his numerous and namerous usernames .

do they? do you? really?
did u know all the above names were the same person did u know that

TELE71 - - tele71
(over 3000 posts IN LESS THAN NINE MONTHS just this one character of the many above and more...)

this is an infection here actually. it has significantly diminished the credibility and time i afford the site.

i'm wary of anybody who has 't been a long time poster, whther i like their opinions or perspective or not; at least it's them and there'snot some agenda that's kinda...well, wiki has definitions for troll and internet stalker and well....minimally let's say, it dimishes trust and credibility to the board and adds a dimension that's unsavory, and unsafe.

Beely. This is 71Tele, and no one else...

wrong

I am guilty of many posts, but only one identity.

wrong

You should not make unfounded accusations.

i haven't.

One of the people you have accused me of being in another thread has in fact argued with me on several occasions.

nice touch.

Some of my posts have been complimentary toward yours (this, quite recently). So...why the defamation of character?

yes i'm "brilliant" insightful wonderful. my how u DOES go on...

You are making an assumption I post under other names based solely on the number of posts in a given time period?

no.

A pretty low standard of suspicion.

not at all.

You owe me an apology.

no i don't.

Happy to discuss this with you directly offsite.

oh yes there we go....don't i know it...

I thought you were a decent and thoughtful fellow, so I really am surprised at this.

i am.

When you make a public attack on someone's credibility it's not the same as just disagreeing with their opinion.

i'm not disagreeing with anything or talking about anything other than this thread topic.

I would not dream of attacking your credibility or posting,

don't start now.

any more than I have ever contemplated using aliases (what would be the point of that anyway?).

indeed.

Also, if I have indeed posted as much under 71Tele as you say, why would I need an alias to post more?

right.

So, to everyone: Love me or hate me. Agree with me or not. Taylorites and Woodites all...There is only one me. I use only one moniker.

i am going back to rock and roll postings now. my agenda is as service to the board. interact with who you will... BE CAREFUL who gets your personal information is the main point. however u handle urself on the board or with whom, or how, is everyone's own affair. i wish i didn't have to screen as much as i do...the flow here can be so brilliant and fun and wonderful...thank u. sorry to upset anyone. believe what u will. i don't want to give the endless attention and argument to this person ...

beelyboy...Think About it

Date: August 27, 2010 20:33

Beely, you are just digging yourself a bigger hole. I don't know what your problem with me is, but you continue to offer up unfounded accusations. Please contact bv and ask him if my IP matches any of the alleged aliases you have listed.

The fact remains you made an accusation not supported by a shred of evidence, other than some bizarre suspicion in your mind, or some kind of bias (hard to guess the motivation). My e-mail is jpc58@msn.com. E-mail me there, you will see my real name, and I am happy to provide you with any information that would relieve you of your need to accuse me of using aliases.

As for an apology, that's up to you.

Posted by: marchbaby ()
Date: August 27, 2010 20:41

71Tele
Beely, you are just digging yourself a bigger hole. I don't know what your problem with me is, but you continue to offer up unfounded accusations. Please contact bv and ask him if my IP matches any of the alleged aliases you have listed.

The fact remains you made an accusation not supported by a shred of evidence, other than some bizarre suspicion in your mind, or some kind of bias (hard to guess the motivation). My e-mail is jpc58@msn.com. E-mail me there, you will see my real name, and I am happy to provide you with any information that would relieve you of your need to accuse me of using aliases.

As for an apology, that's up to you.

71tele,
4get the apology, and move on. And do not leave the forum I enjoy your posts.

Mick's rock, I'm roll.

Date: August 27, 2010 20:43

Beelyboy

i am going back to rock and roll postings now. my agenda is as service to the board. interact with who you will... BE CAREFUL who gets your personal information is the main point. however u handle urself on the board or with whom, or how, is everyone's own affair. i wish i didn't have to screen as much as i do...the flow here can be so brilliant and fun and wonderful...thank u. sorry to upset anyone. believe what u will. i don't want to give the endless attention and argument to this person ...

yes, now that you have made your unwarranted, irresponsible, unproven and anonymous attack, you want to "go back to rock and roll postings. The flow here here can be so brilliant and fun". I was enjoying that flow too, until you attacked me out of nowhere. So, now that you have done your "service to the board" by unfairly maligning a fellow poster's integrity, you want us all to forget about it and go back to having fun. How high-minded of you. The endless argument you are concerned about happened because of you - and you alone. That is a consequence of slandering people. As you like to say "think about it".

By the way, you and I have had some fun and interesting exchanges recently ("nothing bad about Darryl", etc), so I still can't understand what motivated this.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: August 27, 2010 20:47

Amsterdamned

I don't believe you. You are me!

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: August 27, 2010 20:54

Beelyboy, I have always enjoyed your posts but you really do sound paranoid when you talk about being careful about sharing personal information, screening, etc. I mean, come on, this is a board where people talk about the Stones and related subjects. It's not the CIA, FBI, we're not giving out credit card numbers. You're taking all of it WAY too seriously. Maybe you need a break from it for a while.

Date: August 27, 2010 20:59

DaveG
Beelyboy, I have always enjoyed your posts but you really do sound paranoid when you talk about being careful about sharing personal information, screening, etc. I mean, come on, this is a board where people talk about the Stones and related subjects. It's not the CIA, FBI, we're not giving out credit card numbers. You're taking all of it WAY too seriously. Maybe you need a break from it for a while.

Dave: I wish I had said this to beely instead of responding to his paranoia and perhaps giving him further motivation. Thanks. You are a wise man.

Date: August 27, 2010 21:10

kleermaker
Amsterdamned

I don't believe you. You are me!

Can't you share a secret? smoking smiley

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 27, 2010 22:01

Who am I ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: August 27, 2010 22:08

Rolling Hansie
Who am I ?

Hansie, gnothi seauton!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 27, 2010 22:12

This is really getting Out Of Control. I just replied on the other thread that Tele opened. Maybe Bjornulf should merge these threads. It is just f u c k i n g ridiculous that someone can accuse somebody else of using false identity without any proof. Let's just ignore the a s s holes and keep this board a friendly place.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Sad, but necessary, to post this
Date: August 27, 2010 20:16

I have weighed whether to say anything more about this, as protesting false allegations only spreads them further. But I feel it is necessary to both protect my own integrity as well as call out unacceptable behavior on the part of another forum member (one whom I had previously respected for his wit and interesting writing style). i also know this has happened to others here, so perhaps this will be helpful.

I have been accused (for no apparent reason) of using aliases. This accusation only comes from one person - beelyboy. I am not sure what his motivation is, as we have not had any major disagreements or unpleasantness that I know of. One of the aliases he has accused me of using (69boogie) is in fact someone I have had several disagreements with, so I suppose I am spending time here arguing with myself under different names.

My point in starting this thread is to clear my name. It is sad and very frustrating when people make a false accusation and one is unable to defend oneself. A person's posting identity (even though a moniker) is nearly all one has on a forum like this to establish integrity as a poster. To use multiple identities is a kind of deception, and is something that never even has occurred to me to do, first of all because it is completely unnecessary, second because it is (as I said) deceptive.

It is sad that the anonymity of the internet allows certain people to attack the integrity of others (different from attacking their opinions) with no consequences to themselves.

Anyone who doubts my identity or veracity can contact me.

Apparently, beelyboy's "evidence" that I use aliases was the number of my posts. But since all these posts are under the name 71tele, this makes no sense.

I have enjoyed this forum for expressing my passion for the Stones and sharing it with all of you. But perhaps posting so much has led to this sort of nonsense, which I just have no time for or interest in, so maybe I will back off for a while and let my "aliases" take over. It's been fun. Lots of cool people here.

Thanks for reading, and sorry to interrupt the flow of Stones talk...

71tele

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-27 20:25 by 71Tele.

Re: Sad, but necessary, to post this
Date: August 27, 2010 20:24

I wish I could look into BV's head.
He's got all our IP-s

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-27 20:25 by Amsterdamned.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 27, 2010 20:33

Amsterdamned
I wish I could look into BV's head.
He's got all our IP-s

Hmmm yes, speaking of BV. Well I've always had my suspicions about him, my own theory is that he IS actually Mick Taylor. OK Taylor (or BV as you like to be known) ... time to confess. Your number's up matey boy, you've been rumbled.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Keefan ()
Date: August 27, 2010 20:35

Hope ya stick around and continue to post a lot Tele71. I always find your posts very thought-provoking, and I agree 100% with what Swiss said about you in the other thread. Sometimes I think you Knock on Wood too much, but I respect your opinion 'cause you know yer stuff.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-27 20:37 by Keefan.

Date: August 27, 2010 20:37

Please don't leave the forum, I enjoy reading your posts.

For the Stones sake anyway! We need intelligent comments and interesting stones topics to discuss!

Don't let this eat at you; I hope you have a good weekend!

Mick's rock, I'm roll.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: August 27, 2010 20:39

Tele, you need to just ignore silly @#$%& like that...and anyway, even if somebody was using aliases, what the @#$%& does it matter...it's not a capitol crime. This board needs posters like yourself, ignore him.

Date: August 27, 2010 20:40

Well, another depressing post. It would be sad if you feel urged to back off, Tele, even if it's for a while. Maybe Beely now will say that I'm one of that multiple persona as well. I'll promptly admit. Funny thing is that Beely has said himself that he has posted under another moniker in the past. I forgot the name, because it's of no interest. But I remembered it because it was so funny (in both senses of the word).

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: August 27, 2010 20:44

Perhaps BV could confirm the IP address as someone mentioned above. Of course, he would probably want you to ok this 71Tele. Would that be ok with you?

Date: August 27, 2010 20:45

Thanks, all of you. Really. And sorry about Knocking on Wood too much. Probably true.

What makes all of this so weird is that it came out of nowhere. I can't fathom the reason or the motivation. And now that he's been called out and asked for proof, rather than apologizing and just moving on, he is digging in deeper.

I just don't have the time nor inclination. Others have left. people I really enjoyed reading. Now I understand why.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: August 27, 2010 20:45

What a shame, 71Tele!

Hope to have you back soon.

Date: August 27, 2010 20:50

CindyC
Perhaps BV could confirm the IP address as someone mentioned above. Of course, he would probably want you to ok this 71Tele. Would that be ok with you?

I don't believe the burden of proof should be on the innocent, but sure, whatever. The person in question has now staked everything on a false claim, quite publicly, so he should deliver the goods if he continues to hold his position. But he can't of course, because his accusation isn't true. I kind of feel sorry for him.

Posted by: CindyC ()

oops - sorry - i guess i was too hasty.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-27 20:51 by CindyC.

Posted by: bernardanderson ()

i would like to state for the record that i am, contrary to reports, NOT the secret informer known as "deep throat". records show that this individual was actually W. Mark Felt. i feel sad but this was absolutely necessary. despite the flattering comments that would suggest that i am actually important enough of a figure to be this person, i categorically deny being the secret source. again, that person was W. Mark Felt, not me. thank you.

Date: August 27, 2010 20:52

Please don't leave. Try and put it behind you.
with so many great Stones things to look forward to,
The Sept 15 movie and DVD release, Keith's book and NYC appearance,
upcoming Stones tour (yes, there will be one!)

marchbaby

Mick's rock, I'm roll.

Posted by: gimmelittledrink ()
Date: August 27, 2010 20:53

Sad indeed. I have witnessed on other boards some very good members being driven away by scurrilous accusations. I hope it doesn't happen in this case. Shameful behavior.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: August 27, 2010 20:58

You're one of my favorite posters 71Tele and I understand your point of view. Post when you feel you can...

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: August 27, 2010 21:00

71Tele
CindyC

I don't believe the burden of proof should be on the innocent, but sure, whatever. The person in question has now staked everything on a false claim, quite publicly, so he should deliver the goods if he continues to hold his position. But he can't of course, because his accusation isn't true. I kind of feel sorry for him.

i agree..not your burden to prove.
as for beely.....i assumed he had a hunch (no real evidence)...although he was very persistent.
IMO...there was nothing remotely similar about your posts and the other person's posts....no rants
..and no vicodin references winking smiley .

for beely to base his assumption on the number of posts is strange.
and not sure why he hasn't apologized yet...even after you were willing to reveal
your real name etc...

IORR............but I like it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-27 21:05 by sweet neo con.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1483
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home