Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: The Faces in Randers, Denmark.
Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: August 15, 2010 12:40

Wish I could go. Too busy.
Enjoy yourselves - and don't forget to post pix and videos... Please!

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: August 15, 2010 14:01

I´ll be there with another buddy.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: August 15, 2010 14:14

Go for it Matt. You only live once, and it's a short stay. I am really happy to hear this band is playing so well.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: August 15, 2010 17:39

After seeing the Goodwood clips, I'm really excited about Friday. It's gonna be great.
Right now U2 is making their soundcheck for the 2 concerts in Horsens (First one is tonight). Don't know why, but even the soundcheck annoys me. I really am not a U2 fan. I'm glad that I'm in work when both concerts are on.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 18, 2010 20:21

Can whoever is going PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post some reviews and pictures - if you have 'em ? Fankyew fankyew fankyew kindly !! I'm so bummed I can't make this show.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: August 18, 2010 23:18

Ditto.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 18, 2010 23:30

JumpingKentFlash
After seeing the Goodwood clips, I'm really excited about Friday. It's gonna be great.
Right now U2 is making their soundcheck for the 2 concerts in Horsens (First one is tonight). Don't know why, but even the soundcheck annoys me. I really am not a U2 fan. I'm glad that I'm in work when both concerts are on.

Does that band still have the same old frontman? What he was called... Bono?

- Doxa

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: August 18, 2010 23:32

JumpingKentFlash
I just recieved an e-mail about this gig. The concert is moved from the outside venue "Værket", to the smaller indoor place "Store Sal". 5000 tickets were on sale, but only around 1000 has been sold. I hope they don't cancel because of ticket sales. I have my ticket ready, and will go with a few buddies.

There we have it: Commercial value tested, test failed. 1000 tickets so far is surely not what they were hoping for...and I hope that this does not mean the end to their tour plans...but most probably that is the case.

Date: August 18, 2010 23:37

I'll bring a camera and write a review.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Barne090 ()
Date: August 18, 2010 23:55

I will bring a camera too!

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: August 19, 2010 01:15

Barne090
I will bring a camera too!

Posted by: Keefan ()
Date: August 19, 2010 01:17

alimente
JumpingKentFlash
I just recieved an e-mail about this gig. The concert is moved from the outside venue "Værket", to the smaller indoor place "Store Sal". 5000 tickets were on sale, but only around 1000 has been sold. I hope they don't cancel because of ticket sales. I have my ticket ready, and will go with a few buddies.

There we have it: Commercial value tested, test failed. 1000 tickets so far is surely not what they were hoping for...and I hope that this does not mean the end to their tour plans...but most probably that is the case.

This doesn't bode well for a US tour...but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'd really love to see these guys play.

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: August 19, 2010 01:21

alimente
JumpingKentFlash

Nah! Zero promotion attached to the show. They'd probably fill up the Baltimore arena (14,000) with a decent opening act. They could tour for four or five months and not hit every city that wants to see them. No offense, and it's a lovely place I take it, but how could Denmark be the last word in attendance anyway - it's the US and mainland Europe where they're gonna cash in. They'd probably dig them over in Japan and Australia too. You know, they're still going to be guesting some people, so that has to add to it.

Date: August 19, 2010 01:28

Danes don't know what's good. Except me of course.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: August 19, 2010 02:34

Have a good one, Kent, Barne090 and all other iorreans who'll be attending
Would like to go, but my thesis is due a few days after the gig, so I'll be spending
Friday evening in the exciting World of free probability theory instead

Date: August 19, 2010 03:54

Thanks Sohoe. I'll drink one for you if I ever conquer this migraine.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: August 19, 2010 09:33

Sohoe
Have a good one, Kent, Barne090 and all other iorreans who'll be attending
Would like to go, but my thesis is due a few days after the gig, so I'll be spending
Friday evening in the exciting World of free probability theory instead

<<< Have a good one, Kent, Barne090 and all other iorreans who'll be attending >>>

Yep, I echo that. Get to the front of that stage, hang over that rail, jump up and down, shout, scream, kill the king, rail at all his servants ......... and give 'em our love. Cheers.

Date: August 19, 2010 09:38

Brue
alimente
JumpingKentFlash

Nah! Zero promotion attached to the show. They'd probably fill up the Baltimore arena (14,000) with a decent opening act. They could tour for four or five months and not hit every city that wants to see them. No offense, and it's a lovely place I take it, but how could Denmark be the last word in attendance anyway - it's the US and mainland Europe where they're gonna cash in. They'd probably dig them over in Japan and Australia too. You know, they're still going to be guesting some people, so that has to add to it.

I agree, I don't think poor sales in a single isolated location in Denmark with - lets face it - as good as non-existent publicity, actually "tells a story" so to say. If they're even paying the slightest attention to the feedback and reviews following the O2 and Goodwood, they'll know the word is out, all they've got to do is give a little thought to where their best territory is, coupled with a decent promotional effort. And that is unquestionably the U.S. and mainland Europe, Japan and OZ too I'd well imagine.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: August 19, 2010 10:26

have a great time, Kent

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: August 19, 2010 11:41

Enjoy the show, you lucky devils.

I agree about the poor publicity.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 19, 2010 11:50

yeah enjoy the hell out of it, people! and let 'em know we love 'em

Posted by: JordiStones ()
Date: August 19, 2010 12:02

Have a good time guys!
I wish I could go.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: August 19, 2010 14:08

Is there are market for the Faces without their most famous member? You can hate Stewart all you want, but he would have made this tour marketable. The new singer is doing a good job and Woody sounds in fine form - that's not the question.

Date: August 19, 2010 14:23

Shawn20
Is there are market for the Faces without their most famous member? You can hate Stewart all you want, but he would have made this tour marketable. The new singer is doing a good job and Woody sounds in fine form - that's not the question.

Just my opinion, but I think that if they get their act together marketing-wise, they'll actually do just fine without Rod, but you do have a point. However, as to whether Rod could today carry those songs off as well Mick Hucknall, having seen BOTH very very recently, I'd have to say no - don't think so. But that of course is a separate issue.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: August 19, 2010 14:46

1000 is a very good number for a band that is absolutely
unknown these days in a location that is far away
without any promotion or media support.

So, Randers, here we come! thumbs up

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: August 19, 2010 15:10

All I can say to the doubters on here is - Go and see, make you're own mind up!

Went to Goodwood, and if anything was not going with an open mind, was going to be very subjective in my judgment.

Went to buy a T-shirt, but when I saw that Hucknall's face was on the front with his name on it, I walked away. Couldn't stand the thought of having the piss and vinegar taken out of me when I got back to my local (rock) pub. Then after a moments consideration I thought 'well, when I get home I can iron over his face and name and then wear the T with pride!'

Talked to a few people who had been to the O2 gig and they had a knowing look in their eyes, as if they were in on a secret, talking to me they could tell that I was doubtful, but all I kept hearing back was 'wait and see'

Well, I saw em, and now I'm in on the secret. You're not gonna know if you don't check em out. but for my money it was a great gig. Hucknall was part of the band, a tight but loose working unit that weaved together and played great rock n roll.

but hey, don't take my word for it. just an opinion, and we all know what they are like winking smiley

By the way, I haven't taken the iron to the T-shirt yet

and all this from they guy that desperately wanted Spike from the Quireboys to fill rodders shoes (still wouldn't mind that if the ginger one stepped aside!

rock on man, always

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: August 20, 2010 02:19

OK, I'm going! I can't stand not to be there....booked a flight 5 minutes ago and have to leave in 4 hours...

See you there!

Matt

Date: August 20, 2010 09:33

mattleeuk
OK, I'm going! I can't stand not to be there....booked a flight 5 minutes ago and have to leave in 4 hours...

See you there!

Matt

You make it sound like we've harassed you and forced you into it ............. ????

(OK - we have)

Date: August 20, 2010 11:34

Have a good one tonight!!! smileys with beer

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 20, 2010 11:35

Enjoy!!
jeroen

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1692
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home