Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3637383940414243444546...LastNext
Current Page: 41 of 97
Re: OT WORLD CUP 2010 in South Africa - the IORR thread
Posted by: FreeBird ()
Date: July 3, 2010 04:04

Uruguay won fair and square. Luis Suarez was man of the match for me. His calculated decision turned out to be pure genious. A true and worthy sacrifice.

If Ghana are so great, why did they lose? Why did As Samoah Gyan Heights not score when he was given a penalty kick? I'll tell you why: because he is utterly incompetent. When you're given such a golden opportunity, you have to use it. The Netherlands know this after their humiliating defeat against Italy ten years ago. Ghana don't. Be honest - their goalkeeper is worthless (and his last name is missing a t). The two players that missed their penalties lacked all conviction. Uruguay's goalkeeper did well.

The best team won today: Uruguay. Live with it. Ghana were playing unimpressively for the entire tournament, so I'm happy to see them go. They should consider themselves lucky for undeservedly getting this far, instead of working themselves up about the aftermath of a free kick that should never have been given in the first place.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 3, 2010 04:05

kleermaker
71Tele
Wow! Great game. Kudos to Uruguay's fine goalkeeper for stopping those penalty kicks. I felt badly for Ghana, but am loving the Uruguay/Paraguay World Cup. And Brazil is gone. Wow.

Which penalty KICKS? It looked like the Ghanese wanted everything but score during the penalty series. My wife would have done it better. On high heels.

Come on, kleermaker, you must admit the Uruguay goalie made on great save on one of Ghana's penalty kicks. I speak as an ex-goalie.

Posted by: Rockandosis ()
Date: July 3, 2010 04:35

VAMOS URUGUAY CARAJO!
VAMOS URUGUAY CARAJO!
VAMOS URUGUAY CARAJO!
VAMOS URUGUAY CARAJO!
VAMOS URUGUAY CARAJO!
VAMOS URUGUAY CARAJO!
VAMOS URUGUAY CARAJO!

Fabio Silvera

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: July 3, 2010 04:56

Brazil gone now Spain is next. Can Paraguay knock out those spanish hotdogs? I hope so.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 3, 2010 05:37

FreeBird
Uruguay won fair and square. Luis Suarez was man of the match for me. His calculated decision turned out to be pure genious. A true and worthy sacrifice.

If Ghana are so great, why did they lose? Why did As Samoah Gyan Heights not score when he was given a penalty kick? I'll tell you why: because he is utterly incompetent. When you're given such a golden opportunity, you have to use it. The Netherlands know this after their humiliating defeat against Italy ten years ago. Ghana don't. Be honest - their goalkeeper is worthless (and his last name is missing a t). The two players that missed their penalties lacked all conviction. Uruguay's goalkeeper did well.

The best team won today: Uruguay. Live with it. Ghana were playing unimpressively for the entire tournament, so I'm happy to see them go. They should consider themselves lucky for undeservedly getting this far, instead of working themselves up about the aftermath of a free kick that should never have been given in the first place.

Well, that's a cynical approach of the sport. It's usually called 'professionalism' and formally you're right. But it doesn't match with my feeling for justice. As for saying Uruguay being stronger than Ghana in this match: I have just read some reports of that match and all of them are saying they were equally strong or, better said, equally weak. We could see that with our own eyes.Former games by those teams and/or a lost penalty shoot out have nothing to do with that. If you reason like that you even can question if their qualifications for the WC were just. That's nonsense of course.

My opinion still stands: Uruguay didn't deserve to win this game, because of that 'brilliant' action/hand ball of Suarez that was a certain goal for Ghana.

Tele, Freebird has a point when he says "The two [Ghanese] players that missed their penalties lacked all conviction." In such a case it's not so difficult to prevent them from scoring.

Anyway, congrats to Uruguay. Though it has won ugly I admit it has won after all. We won't see Suarez back against Holland. Though the Ghanese won't give a shite about that it's a bit of justice after all. And if Uruguay beats Holland, you won't hear me complain about its undeserved victory against Ghana.

PS: I think Holland will have less problems with Uruguay than it would have with Ghana, especially now Suarez has been excluded, together with one of their best defenders.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 3, 2010 05:37

The Sicilian
Brazil gone now Spain is next. Can Paraguay knock out those spanish hotdogs? I hope so.

Me too, but they will have to step up the attack if they want to beat Spain.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: July 3, 2010 06:07

I just think some football fans in Brazil are very stupids. Many guys have insult mick because the Wordl Cup. Just a lot of crap but they are very rudes with Mick on brazilians foruns and comunities.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 3, 2010 06:25

Congrats to the Dutch. They were much more composed than Brazil. Good chance to make the finals now. This probably cost me shot at my office pool. But if Germany wins I can still make some nice change. Plus I'm part German. So go Germania.cool smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: aralla ()
Date: July 3, 2010 09:40

kleermaker
carlitosbaez
Why the final between Holland and Spain, because in my modest opinion, best generation of players are hollanders and spaniards, best players are in the best clubs in Europe, just check those names out, young ones all of them.
Carlitos
Tenerife

aralla
kleermaker
What a totally UNDESERVED victory of Uruguay!!! That hand ball prevented a 100% certain goal. Even a penalty should be superfluous. Injustice in sports in optima forma. A fine match, but an extremely unsatisfying end. I feel so sorry for Ghana and Africa.

UNDESERVED?!? DO YOU UNDERSTAND THIS GAME?!

DID YOU SEE FOUL IN THE LAST MINUTE IN FAVOUR OF GHANA? COME ON MAN!
I KNOW THE HAND IS A CRAP BUT IT'S PART OF THE GAME, REFEREE WAS NOT GOOD AT ALL TO URUGUAY

SEE YOU ON THE SEMIS!
MY BEST!
ALEJANDRO

WHY HOLLAND CARLITOS? JEJEJE

Yep, of course I do, I'm from Holland and have played myself on a pretty high level as well. Ghana was the better team during the extra time. And that hand ball was actualy a goal and you know it. Imagine this had happened to Uruguay. I think I could hear you screaming in Holand all the way from Uruguay in that case and I would have understood that. The ref did a good job. Remember that I was neutral from the beginning UNTIL that hand ball. But it's all in the game.

We'll see what happens in the semi finals. Let's hope for fair and exciting games! Can we say It's only football but I like it? Looking at the images from Brazil I doubt it. It's football and it's a matter of life and deathgrinning smiley.
Tomorrow Germany - Argentina and Paraguay - Spain. I'm looking forward to those matches. Difficult to predict Germ - Arg, though I guess Germany. Spain is absolutely favourite against Paraguay. The latter is the underdog.

Carlitos, you are absolutely right about great spanish and dutch players but it's pretty different to play in Barcelona where all is magnificent than to play in other team in South America for example. Europe paid millions to buy best players of South America because you don't have exactly this quality, you have other attributes. Eventually I like to watch playing Spain and Holland but I always prefer to see Argentina or Brasil. I think Spain can win today, is better team, but surely can loose too like any other.

To my other dutch friend Kleermaker I tell you, you didn't write anything about the inexistent foul in the last minute!!! hehe. Didn't you see the last event of the game again? I saw it several times and I think the number 10 of Ghana was off-side when they kicked the fault to the area, it's very dificult to me to detail the play in english, but see it again very carefully, nobody said that but I almost sure. Another thing, didn't you see penalty against Abreu? Didn't you see the number 15 of Ghana did 5 fouls against Suarez in the first half? And one more thing, Uruguay was totally visitant in Johannesburg!! Well, football is the best sport ever exist for this, very passional. Here in Uruguay we born with a balloon in our feets, the same as Argentina and Brasil, is life for us! When I was 8, I wanted that Holland wins the Cup against Argentina because I was fascinated with that beautiful team. Maybe this is your time but you have to beat us before.
How we say in spanish, qué gane el mejor!

Best regards to all and good luck!
Alejandro

Posted by: aralla ()
Date: July 3, 2010 09:46

FreeBird

Extremely fair summary, you understood the game indeed!
Thank you for your honesty!
My best
Alejandro

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 3, 2010 10:38

shortfatfanny

kleermaker
I'm from Holland and have played myself on a pretty high level as well.

Hi Johan...

LOL >grinning smiley<

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 3, 2010 10:40

BluzDude
Why Soccer and not football...in the US.

Thanks BluzDude. Nice piece of history.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: John1982 ()
Date: July 3, 2010 11:19

Excited for todays game. Only a few more hours until we kick Argentina out of the cup.
Go Germany!!!!

I'm so ready for a final against the Netherlands. ^^

Posted by: yahozna ()
Date: July 3, 2010 11:37

llargueras
Congrats Holland!!!
There's a good relation of catalan people and Barça fans with dutch.
A lot of dutch people spend their summer vacations in Catalonia and I have some summer friends.
On the other hand, Cruyff, Neeskens, Koeman, Kluivert,De Boer Bros, Hesp, Reiziger, Bogarde, Cocu, Zenden, Davids, Overmars, Van gaal.... a long list of players and coaches in Barça history.

funny you did not mention Mark van Bommel and Giovanni van Bronckhorst........
(and Frank Rijkaard)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-03 11:37 by yahozna.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 3, 2010 12:12

kleermaker
What a totally UNDESERVED victory of Uruguay!!! That hand ball prevented a 100% certain goal. Even a penalty should be superfluous. Injustice in sports in optima forma. A fine match, but an extremely unsatisfying end. I feel so sorry for Ghana and Africa.

When a hand ball is so clearly the guy should get a red card and before leaving the field try to stop the penalty that has to be taken

Posted by: VoodooJungle ()
Date: July 3, 2010 13:13

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: July 3, 2010 14:13

FreeBird

Genius?. Utter disgrace more like. The way he celebrated at the end was awful. Hope someone knocks his block off

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 3, 2010 14:29

FreeBird
Uruguay won fair and square. Luis Suarez was man of the match for me. His calculated decision turned out to be pure genious.

No,they didn´t won fair.Suarez final action was punished with a red card
and a penalty shot.
As you said,it was a calculated action,probably a mixture with some kind of reflex.

In the end this was one of the most disgusting victories in football
I´ve noticed about so far.
If a player of Ghana or any other country would´ve done it,my conclusion
would be same.

I hope he will be banned for more than one match.

Strange enough the ref followed exactly the rules but I don´t feel happy about
it.

Maybe there´s not only the need for some tech help but for adding the rules as well.
As far as I know in basketball goaltending is punished with the points...

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 3, 2010 14:40

guitarbastard
if argentinia looses tomorrow i wont watch any further game...then football has died!

What a stupid statement. I know you don't like the Germans but they have been playing with Holland, and on occasion, Spain some of the most entertaining, exciting, attacking football in this World Cup. How can you say that football has died if they win today?.

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: July 3, 2010 14:44

Sounds like some people on here are just gonna have to suck on it and like it. Africa's dead. Bunch of chokers. Song remains the same. Maybe they can blame the rest of the world for the rules in soccer.

And yes, he is -- the Most Interesting Coach In the World. Maradona. I could play for this guy.

"he has showered them with praise and affection while keeping the mood light in training, often ending practice by standing in the goalmouth, rear end facing his men, and directing them to blast him with their best shots.

Date: July 3, 2010 14:50

Silver Dagger
guitarbastard
if argentinia looses tomorrow i wont watch any further game...then football has died!

What a stupid statement. I know you don't like the Germans but they have been playing with Holland, and on occasion, Spain some of the most entertaining, exciting, attacking football in this World Cup. How can you say that football has died if they win today?.
Because he's a fan. It's short for fanatic. Germany ain't THAT exciting. Holland's not that exciting either. Efficient, yeah, but a long way from entertaining. Some people like to see the other team get embarrassed, and Argentina can do that.

Posted by: llargueras ()
Date: July 3, 2010 15:04

Yahozna said
funny you did not mention Mark van Bommel and Giovanni van Bronckhorst........
(and Frank Rijkaard)
You are right, these guys also should be listed, but with Van Gal name I stuck.

And Carlos, it's a pity that you can't understand that my wishes are different than yours. Probably my passport is spanish, but Spain isn't in my heart or in my soul.

Date: July 3, 2010 15:10

Brue
Silver Dagger
guitarbastard

Because he's a fan. It's short for fanatic. Germany ain't THAT exciting. Holland's not that exciting either. Efficient, yeah, but a long way from entertaining. Some people like to see the other team get embarrassed, and Argentina can do that.

Don't tell me the Argentinians have been THAT exciting man. They have been average and have some brilliant footballers in their side. It hasn't been an outstanding World Cup sop far and apart from the England v Germany and Holland v Brazil games they've been pretty dull and predictable. Today we should seen some more fireworks.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: July 3, 2010 15:13

..I dunno...that hand ball was so blatant...such an ugly image for Uruguay..

Date: July 3, 2010 15:17

Silver Dagger
Brue
Silver Dagger
guitarbastard

Don't tell me the Argentinians have been THAT exciting man. They have been average and have some brilliant footballers in their side. It hasn't been an outstanding World Cup sop far and apart from the England v Germany and Holland v Brazil games they've been pretty dull and predictable. Today we should seen some more fireworks.
Yeah, a couple of dandies today baybee and I'm up early to see them!
He is. The Most Interesting Coach in the World.

Date: July 3, 2010 15:21

He's definitely the most rock'n'roll - that's for sure. He could have easily been part of the back stage entourage on the 72 tour.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: July 3, 2010 15:26

Ghana has noone to blame but themselves.

Suarez action is not the exemple of the best fairplay but it was sanctioned according to the rules and Ghana MISSED the penalty kick, the referee did what he had to do and yes is a horrible victoty, but I'm sure the Uruguayanas are pretty happy. Ghana was not robbed and they must have so many regrets about the match.

Congratulations Uruguay.

Posted by: FreeBird ()
Date: July 3, 2010 15:35

shortfatfanny
No,they didn´t won fair.Suarez final action was punished with a red card
and a penalty shot.
As you said,it was a calculated action,probably a mixture with some kind of reflex.

In the end this was one of the most disgusting victories in football
I´ve noticed about so far.
If a player of Ghana or any other country would´ve done it,my conclusion
would be same.
Why don't you take into account that Ghana should never have gotten that free kick in the first place?
shortfatfanny
I hope he will be banned for more than one match.
That would be unprecedented.
shortfatfanny
Strange enough the ref followed exactly the rules but I don´t feel happy about
it.

Maybe there´s not only the need for some tech help but for adding the rules as well.
As far as I know in basketball goaltending is punished with the points...
I think the rules are fine as they are. Suarez didn't physically hurt anyone. Felipe Melo did. That's far more disgusting, don't you think?

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: July 3, 2010 15:49

brazilians attitude, both of the players and the fans, utterly amazes me. they all seem to consider simply not possible that they can ever lose. so that, if they find themselves and their team in trouble, they become hysterical. they are the most presumptuous people when it somes to soccer.

Given that, it is not surprising at all the superstitious sh*t over mick: of course there must be some "out of this world" reason for their defeat... ridiculous

holland was great and, imho, won their match in the first half after that gigantic mistake of the defense that make Brazil score. They kept calm and resist the enthusiasm of the brazilians. The exact opposite to the Brazil reaction after Melo's own goal.

That's soccer and yesterday soccer won over its own meaningless caricature, imo

Posted by: Rockandosis ()
Date: July 3, 2010 16:19

Alejandro tienes toda la razón! tus palabras son justas! Ayer fue el sufrimiento máximo, y como contrapartida también el festejo mas grande de todos! Hacía 40 años no llegabamos a estas instancias finalistas!
Con lo que corresponde al partido podemos decir que Abreu está definitivamente "LOCO", Suarez nos salvó con una maniobra que creo yo se la jugó mas con el corazón que con la cabeza (como debe ser en ese momento) y Muslera fue muy eficáz y contuvo 2 penales.

ASAMOAH GYAN : el ejemplo mas claro de "Cagón" jaja

Un abrazo grande!

Cheers my friends! Jagger are in the stadium with germany!I hope it ends today with bad luck !

Maradona i hate you !

Fabio Silvera

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3637383940414243444546...LastNext
Current Page: 41 of 97

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1773
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home