Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7576777879808182838485...LastNext
Current Page: 80 of 97
Re: OT WORLD CUP 2010 in South Africa - the IORR thread
Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: July 12, 2010 01:49

the only team that has beaten spain is SWITZERLAND!

switzerland worldchampion!

Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: July 12, 2010 01:51

good point guitarbastard smiling smiley

but congrats SPAIN !!!¨¨

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 12, 2010 01:52

Gazza
NICOS
I'm proud about our team second best................. better then France, Italy, Brasil, Germany, Portugal, Argentina, England, Africa and America and Asia

So you should be!

Thanks Gazza, that's what I needed to cheer me up

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: July 12, 2010 01:55

Well done Spain, or Barça... your choice...best team won

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 12, 2010 01:55

guitarbastard

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 12, 2010 02:04

guitarbastard

Spain have been pretty much unstoppable since Northern Ireland beat them 3-2 in Belfast in September 2006. I think theyve lost twice in the four years since.

That was the kick up the arse they needed.

I'll accept the thanks from the Spanish nation!

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: July 12, 2010 02:09

OK. congrats to the winner!

But.. what a boring game

The'
SUPER BOWl is where it is at!

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 12, 2010 02:09

Gazza
guitarbastard

Spain have been pretty much unstoppable since Northern Ireland beat them 3-2 in Belfast in September 2006. I think theyve lost twice in the four years since.

Lol - I guess you'll have to wait for that, like that sandwich you ordered in Berlin.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 12, 2010 02:12

Thanks for your support Max

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: FreeBird ()
Date: July 12, 2010 02:18

guitarbastard

Quite right! grinning smiley

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: July 12, 2010 02:18

guitarbastard

Only unbeaten team in 2010 WC: New Zealand

Date: July 12, 2010 02:19

Gazza

USA 2 Spain 0 - June 2009

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 12, 2010 02:23

shortfatfanny
kleermaker
I only can say of the ref that he dominated the game in every respect. I missed the ref from yesterday, who let both teams PLAY.

Guess the ref would´ve preferred to let them play only the aggressive style not only but mainly of Holland just couldn´t let him.

de Jong´s kung fu kick attack must´ve been a straight red after 25 minutes...so probably they felt invited to continue,which wasn´t the best idea.

But this ref whistled even if the disadvantaged team still had the ball and the possibility of attacking. And that constantly talking of the man ALL the time, it slowed the game down very much and only provoked irritations. The Fifa surely shouldn't have taken a ref that already had lead a game with Spain (or Holland) in it, even a game about which Spain had complained as for the ref: that he had disadvantaged Spain. That fact alone should have been a reason to not pick this ref. Finally, Van Gaal said BEFORE the game that this ref was a wrong pick because he uses to whistle every game down. And Van Gaal was very objectively in his analysis of the game, being the professional he is. The ref acted like a model policeman instead of a ref (he even missed the evident corner for Holland just before the goal and he missed the off side of Spain just before the decisive pass that caused the decisive goal). One can complain about Holland playing roughly, but the ref was a real joke. Unfortunately. Btw: that second yellow card for Heitinga was absolutely ridiculous. This game deserved a much better ref. And as for those who found it a boring game: they don't understand football even for a tiny bit, though I can understand that they sometimes thought looking at a chess game. Reason: both teams were so very equal and dangerous. And the worldcup, the most important trofee in sports, was at stake. Well, those Americans that complained are probably the same that say that football is for schoolgirls. It's a men's sport! I was very surprised how easily Germany gave it away against Spain. The game for the third place is, finally, not to be compared with the game for the most important trofee of all sports: the worldcup.

Date: July 12, 2010 02:30

Pretty amazing that Spain did not give up a goal in their last 4 games.

Posted by: Ebling ()
Date: July 12, 2010 02:39

Gazza
Ebling
I enjoyed the hell out of this tournament. Even though I was pulling for the Netherlands, congrats to Spain...World Champions!!! Well done.

Now I am sitting here baffled by the analysts on tv telling me that the final game was terrible. Jesus, I thought it was great. Two teams playing hard and gritty. Not so sure about those refs, though.

Nothing wrong with grittiness and aggression but it was way too foul-ridden. Both of these sides have a (deserved) reputation for attractive, free flowing football.

There must have been about 55-60 fouls in that game (edit - it was 46. 28 by Holland). That doesnt suggest that the officials were the main problem. To be honest, had that not been a World Cup final, there would have been about 18 players on the pitch at the end. If anything, he let a few players away with some horrendous challenges to avoid ruining the game too much as a spectacle.

I wasn't suggesting that the officials determined the outcome of the match, just to be clear. It just seemed like that ref was holding up a yellow card every 5 minutes or so...sometimes (to my eyes, anyway) for no reason. That said, there were a few instances when cards should've been issued and weren't.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: July 12, 2010 02:43

The Dutch could have easily won this game with Robben not scoring on a couple of great opportunities. Robben was one of the best players on the field.

Spain did not deserve to win, Holland worked just as hard (if not harder) to reach the final just as they did. It took Spain 118 minutes with one man up to win. Too bad it did not go to penalty kicks that is how it should have ended.

One of the best moments of the match was the exit of the eternal goal hanger David Villa leaving the field in substitution. David "offsides" Villa bye bye.

That play caller on ABC was quite obviously pro-Spain. He seemed to have a dislike of Holland. But in the end Spain won and now we'll have to wait 4 years for a new champion.

At least it has been 4 great years of Italy holding the cup.

Date: July 12, 2010 02:49

The Sicilian

That play caller on ABC was quite obviously pro-Spain. He seemed to have a dislike of Holland.

The abc/espn telecasts are way too corporate. Even though I don't know Spanish, I always watch WC matches on Univision. The announcers are enthusiastic, it is a clean telecast and I don't have to watch Chris Fowler pretend to know what he is talking about on the set.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 12, 2010 02:56

FreeBird
shortfatfanny
You couldn´t read it but demanding a red card ?
The fact that he was wearing that shirt AT ALL proves it was premeditated. I don't care what it says. He went into the match with the intention of breaking the rules.

Like I said, the rules are as they are, so it's correct that he was only given a yellow card. However, his behavior proves that he's a bad person.
It was a tribute to a player who died.

As Andres Iniesta scored the 116th-minute goal that helped Spain to its first World Cup victory, he took the opportunity to pay tribute to a colleague who passed away before the start of last season. In front of a TV audience of more than 750 million, the Barca star removed his shirt to reveal the message "Dani Jarque siempre con nosotros," which translates to:

Dani Jarque always with us

Espanyol defender Jarque suffered a heart attack before a pre-season game in Italy in 2009. He never played club football with Iniesta, but they were the same age as they rose through the Spanish national team ranks.

The diminutive midfielder may have earned a yellow card for the gesture, but what better way to pay tribute to a lost friend.

Posted by: FreeBird ()
Date: July 12, 2010 03:14

sweetcharmedlife
The diminutive midfielder may have earned a yellow card for the gesture, but what better way to pay tribute to a lost friend.
I disagree, but the text not being obscene makes it slightly less unacceptable.

Anyway, players removing their shirts has always been a major annoyance to me, which is why I disapprove of it so strongly. The yellow card that is now given should've put an end to the practice (and I expected it to), but it didn't. I'm not sure how this situation could be improved. A red card would be too harsh in general, but it could be given under specific circumstances. We need to get rid of this childishness.

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: July 12, 2010 03:45

carlitosbaez
New flag of Spain from now on and some Holland girls, of players...
and the new shirt of Holland for the final
Van Aperder (they are gonna loose)

Carlitos
Tenerife

Ok Spain is so f*ckin hot

Posted by: milio77 ()
Date: July 12, 2010 04:05

FreeBird
WORST. REFEREE. EVER.

For a World Cup final, anyway. It was offside (not the final pass, the one before). You can't compensate one mistake (I'll freely admit that some of his mistakes favored us) with another.

Howard Webb should never be allowed to lead such an important match again.

Better luck in 2014? I would hope so.

Also, I want to kick Casillas in the balls (and hard) with his annoying smirk...

And Iniesta should've been given a red card for taking off his shirt while he was wearing a shirt with dirty talk (or whatever it was - I couldn't read it) on it beneath it. Well, that's how I feel right now anyway - I know the rules aren't like that, so I guess I should shut up.

But anyway, Iniesta also deserves a kick in the balls. I really hate these premeditated provocations. It shows that these Spaniards aren't gentlemen, at all.

Sorry you feel like that, but Spain deserved to win.

Shame on the Dutch team. They have always been one of my favourites teams. They always stood up for fair play and good playing, but what they did tonight was a shame. You just can't get to World Cup final and try to defeat your opponent by using sheer violence.

And that "spaniard" called Iniesta it's a gentleman indeed. He was the target of most of the dutch kicks, but he simply kept on playing football.

Tonight Spain doesn't sleep!

¡¡¡GRACIAS A INIESTA ESPAÑA ESTÁ DE FIESTA!!!

¡¡¡CAMPEONES!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-12 04:21 by milio77.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 12, 2010 04:38

Rolling Hansie
Thanks for your support Max

The pleasure was all mine, it sucks to not win,
but it is not like we got crushed today, or looked weak.
They might say we were so mean or bullys or played too tough or not beautiful,
BUT I DONT HEAR ANYONE SAYING WE PLAYED LIKE PUSSIES... or that Spain had their way with us.

The Dutch may not have won ( by one freeknfkn goal ) ...fkfkfkFK!!FKNMTHRFKR!!
BUT...
The Dutch KICKED ASS.

Hansie,
Thank you for you camaraderie in the is WC,
you helped make it lot of fun, and you helped
megaconvert a non WC fan .... so there is now
at least one Yank who fking loves this WC sht,
even if our team did not win today ....but we did not lose.

PS
I have a request,
If you (or anyone) ever come across a good example of a
"beautiful game" played by someone sometime somewhere...
posted on youtube or some other easy to view site, I sure would like to see it......
otherwise I would put today's Dutch football team against ANY OTHER TEAM ON THIS
PLANET AND THEY WOULD FKN WIN!!! btw- I bet right now Spain is happy that they dont have to play us 2 out of 3 for this WC ; )

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 12, 2010 06:19

Thoughts and prayers to those who lost their lives during the terrorist bombing during the World Cup tonight. Condolences to the families and friends. What a terrible tragedy.

Posted by: TE ()
Date: July 12, 2010 06:46

The Sicilian
The Dutch could have easily won this game with Robben not scoring on a couple of great opportunities. Robben was one of the best players on the field.

Spain did not deserve to win, Holland worked just as hard (if not harder) to reach the final just as they did. It took Spain 118 minutes with one man up to win. Too bad it did not go to penalty kicks that is how it should have ended.

One of the best moments of the match was the exit of the eternal goal hanger David Villa leaving the field in substitution. David "offsides" Villa bye bye.

That play caller on ABC was quite obviously pro-Spain. He seemed to have a dislike of Holland. But in the end Spain won and now we'll have to wait 4 years for a new champion.

At least it has been 4 great years of Italy holding the cup.

Well if the Dutch finished the game with 8 players, I agree...

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 12, 2010 06:53

Amsterdamned
71Tele
The best team won.

I don't know how the Dutch team thought they could win with that style of cheap, fouling football. It would have been a travesty if they had won on penalty kicks.

I am a Spain fan, so I enjoyed it, but to those who don't understand why Americans don't like soccer, this game was a great illustration, unfortunately.

Cheap analysis.
Your post illustrates Americans don't know much about football.

Sorry, but you sound like a sore loser. I didn't say I didn't enjoy the game, just that Americans who say they don't like soccer use a dull low-scoring game like this as their reason. I didn't say I agree, as I am one American who has followed soccer since the 1970s, even before Pele was brought to play in the US.

And I am not the only one to criticize the way the Dutch approached the game.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: July 12, 2010 07:11

open-g
Gazza
guitarbastard

Lol - I guess you'll have to wait for that, like that sandwich you ordered in Berlin.

open-g was that when the 3 of us were having a beer before the July 2006 show at the Olympiastadion?

the man of plexiglass

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: July 12, 2010 08:24

At least the damn thing was decided during actual play. Deciding World Cup games on penalty kicks is just wrong. Play until someone wins, no matter how long the game takes.

Moreover, that handball by Uruguay should have been ruled a goal, no penalty kick needed. That situation was no different from when, in hockey, a goal is counted when a defensive player throws his stick at a shot that is on its way into an empty net.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: July 12, 2010 09:19

Congratulations to Spain.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: July 12, 2010 09:28

as much as i like and supported holland, i think it is really unfair to put the blame on the ref. yes there was that corner but no it was not off-side because according to the new (2, 3 years old?) rule of it the ball has to actually reach the player in off side which it did not and the wrong hit by the holland player started a new action.

More over, speaking of the ref's mistakes i think that holland could easily ended up the game in 9 or 8 players.

From second half i liked very much how Holland played and I think that if they had scored some of their opportunities nothing could have been said and they would have deserved it.

But Iniesta scored instead, and that was the kind of balanced game: the first to score wins and it deserves

so congratulations spain

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 12, 2010 09:32

baxlap
in hockey, a goal is counted when a defensive player throws his stick at a shot that is on its way into an empty net.

I didn't know that rule. Sounds like quite a good solution. Thanks.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7576777879808182838485...LastNext
Current Page: 80 of 97

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1933
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home