Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7778798081828384858687...LastNext
Current Page: 82 of 97
Re: OT WORLD CUP 2010 in South Africa - the IORR thread
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 12, 2010 19:54

TooMuchAlcohol
Max, they mean Holland, the team with the orange shirts. I mean if you didn't watch the game yourself.
I watched very close. Did you look at the dirty play by Spain in the video, did you watch the match? I am not going to "back and forth" argue about this ...think what you want to, the facts are there. I suppose it is in the rules to be able to act and dive to win a WC, and if Spain feels good about that then fine for them.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-12 19:58 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: July 12, 2010 20:11

Max'sKansasCity
Cheap play?? DIRTY PLAY ?? BY WHO??

i agree this was bad. this is a red card or a goal. in the end it was nothing.

bad luck for holland for sure.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 12, 2010 20:20

Man, nearly 24 hours since Spain won and no word from Carlitos. God, he must be drunk. Will there be enough cyberspace for his picture gallery when he puts it up?

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: July 12, 2010 20:36

Silver Dagger
Man, nearly 24 hours since Spain won and no word from Carlitos. God, he must be drunk. Will there be enough cyberspace for his picture gallery when he puts it up?

LOL! i think he's still uploading his teras of pics!

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: July 12, 2010 21:31

The Dutch and Spanish have a long history of aggression. A few fouls in the World Cup goes with the territory.

History: (From Wiki)
Main article: History of the Netherlands

William the Silent, leader of the Netherlands during the Dutch Revolt.Under Charles V, Holy Roman Emperor, and King of Spain, the region was part of the Seventeen Provinces of the Netherlands, which also included most of present-day Belgium, Luxembourg, and some land of France and Germany. The Eighty Years' War between the provinces and Spain began in 1568.

In 1579, the northern half of the Seventeen Provinces formed the Union of Utrecht, a treaty in which they promised to support each other in their defense against the Spanish army.[9] The Union of Utrecht is seen as the foundation of the modern Netherlands. In 1581 the northern provinces adopted the Act of Abjuration, the declaration of independence in which the provinces officially deposed Philip II of Spain.[10]

Queen Elizabeth I of England sympathized with the Dutch struggle against the Spanish, and in 1585 she concluded a treaty with the Dutch whereby she promised to send an English army to the Netherlands to aid the Dutch in their war with the Spanish.[11] In December 1585, 7,600 soldiers were sent to the Netherlands from England under the command of Robert Dudley, 1st Earl of Leicester.[12] However, the English army was wasted away in fruitless military campaigns in the Netherlands and had no real effect of helping the Dutch rebellion.[12]

Robert Dudley returned to the Netherlands in November 1586 with another army.[13] However, the result was no better than it had been in 1585. Philip II, the son of Charles V, was not prepared to let them go easily, and war continued until 1648, when Spain under King Philip IV finally recognised the independence of the seven northwestern provinces in the Peace of Münster. Parts of the southern provinces became de facto colonies of the new republican-mercantile empire.

Posted by: llargueras ()
Date: July 12, 2010 21:36

guitarbastard
Silver Dagger

LOL! i think he's still uploading his teras of pics!

Yeah!! I'm very worried about it. He spend two weeks of rock and roll, after the world cup, probably his hearth didn't resist.
Carlitos, coño!!! where are you?

Date: July 12, 2010 21:45

perhaps these awards might be more suitable for them.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 12, 2010 21:47

Max'sKansasCity
TooMuchAlcohol
Max, they mean Holland, the team with the orange shirts. I mean if you didn't watch the game yourself.
I watched very close. Did you look at the dirty play by Spain in the video, did you watch the match? I am not going to "back and forth" argue about this ...think what you want to, the facts are there. I suppose it is in the rules to be able to act and dive to win a WC, and if Spain feels good about that then fine for them.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: July 12, 2010 21:50

gagi

She is outstanding!

Posted by: llargueras ()
Date: July 12, 2010 22:39

Max'sKansasCity
perhaps these awards might be more suitable for them.

Hi Max, you are right.
Holland team could be awarded with Oscar for best tricky play in "Oranje Eleven", DeJong award best actor for "Karate kid" and finally an special award for octopus Paul in "Octopussy"

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: July 12, 2010 23:22

...I buy that...Martial Arts award to DeJong....Oscar to best divers Spain (wow..over the Italians)...Spain had a nice run...I enjoyed Germany's play..and I still feel for the North Koreans..

Date: July 12, 2010 23:24

Anyone who really watched yesterday knows what was going on.

The poor poor Spain playing the role of victim being bullied by
the big mean Dutch oh oh wha wha .. pity them .... laying in agony,
legs shattered, never to walk again until the ref pulls out ANOTHER
yellow on the Nederlands, and then UP THEY JUMP good as new ...GREAT ACTING.
It is part of Spain's gamne plan. The can not score more than one goal per game
so they rely on the refs to help them ..they plead and whine and beg constantly.

Sure, the chest kick was bad ... but how about fkn ref DOING NOTHING
when Robben was going in for the score, but was fouled 100% by 2 Spain
players, but did Robbens fall down and start writthing like a Spain player would?
NO he kept playing football as two silly Spain players watched from the ground.
oh let me correct that.. . The ref did something on that play ... he gave Robben the yellow.

SUch great acting, and it allowed Spain to eventually have a 1 man advantage, which they needed.
There is a rumor that Hollywood is trying to sign the whole Spain team for the movies..

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: July 12, 2010 23:32

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: July 12, 2010 23:33

Max'sKansasCity
...Robben was going in for the score....

He should have passed to Batman.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 12, 2010 23:37

uhbuhgullayew
Max'sKansasCity

He should of just taken a shot instead of trying to draw a penalty.

Date: July 12, 2010 23:39

uhbuhgullayew
Max'sKansasCity

LOL.... holy cow that is a good one : )

Date: July 12, 2010 23:39

sweetcharmedlife
uhbuhgullayew
Max'sKansasCity

He should of just taken a shot instead of trying to draw a penalty.
He did not try to draw a penalty, he was mugged , but kept playing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-12 23:41 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: July 12, 2010 23:44

btw- Do you know one ( just one of many ) of my favorite things about football on TV?
NO FREEKING TV TIMEOUTS!!! it is beautiful ... 45 minutes of sports.

Posted by: JordiStones ()
Date: July 12, 2010 23:50

We are the champions and we deserve it!
We are in the Big Club now... Champions of the World!!!!!!!
I love the way Spain plays, they play the REAL FOOTBALL!!!no karate/football

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 13, 2010 00:01

Tele71, this is my first and accidental choice of a report from a non Dutch paper on the www of the WC final, the New York Times, your beloved paper, if I'm not wrong. They don't whine about ugly playing by the Dutch at all. So you really have to reconsider your comment. Did we see the same game? I don't think so. As for the technical comment of this American paper I can say that it missed the corner that the ref unjustly didn't give to Holland just before the Spanish goal fell and which was thus very important and that it overlooked the off side situation just before the decisive pass (not the decisive pass itself of course) was given. But most important point: this paper of yours didn't whine like you did. I would say: watch an ice hockey game and tell me how ugly it was. You use double standards. Put off your Spanish glasses and look at this final more objectively. Read and reread this report: you can learn about football from it. Enjoy it as well.

[www.nytimes.com]

Date: July 13, 2010 00:02

The real football?
So for anyone intersted in that style, should they apply here?

Date: July 13, 2010 00:06

kleermaker
..this is my first and accidental choice of a report from a non Dutch paper on the www of the WC final, the New York Times ...
[www.nytimes.com]
QUOTE-
""Afterward, the fans booed at the mention of the English referee Howard Webb, who did not have a good match, issuing too many yellow cards and touching off more acting and marginal play. ""

The Dutch were down one player for the fatal goal because of a second yellow card in the 109th minute that banished defender John Heitinga. Iniesta helped sell the yellow card to Webb by toppling easier; he had sustained worse whackings this night.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-13 00:10 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: July 13, 2010 00:20

Former Dutch footballer, Johan Cruyff has launched a scathing attack on Holland's performance in their 1-0 defeat to Spain
in the World Cup final last night, slamming their "dirty" tactics and their style of "anti-football".

[www.guardian.co.uk]

Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: July 13, 2010 00:25

agree with mr cruyff, (remember i played 2 national games against holland!)

Date: July 13, 2010 00:29

Max, this Spanish team is just a very good team. Holland and Spain were undoubtedly the best two teams, but if they had to win 2 of 3 or even 3 of 5 I'm sure we would have won that series. Now we were the victims of bad luck and a horrible ref. All that talk about De Jong's karate kick: it seemed worse than it was: no Spaniard was hurt, they all ran upwards to get the cup as sound as they ever could be, nobody had a scratch. I'm so utterly sick and tired of those people who blame our team for playing ugly. Those people don't know anything about football at all. We deserved that penalty kick for Robben. Boy, he better fell down like a dying swan. Heitinga didn't deserve a second yellow card at all. That ref let himself being commanded by the Spaniards. We didn't get that obvious corner ball at the end, it was clearly off side before the decisive pass was given. Of course not the goal itself! We created many chances as well. We attacked just like the Spaniards did. We didn't play our best play, that's true but not ugly. The Spanish had most ball possesion but not the best chances. Who cares about ball possession if it's not dangerous. We Dutch always have had most ball possession but only won the EC one time. We had really bad luck with a ref who was biased and afraid to make mistakes and didn't let the teams play, even if they had advantage. He kept on whistling and talking, talking, talking, talking, endless, useless speeches. The talking policeman. He talks you in the handcuffs, he talks you in jail, he talks the ears off of your head, he talks the WC off of your hands. Man, I still see his mouth moving. It goes on and on and on. Till 2014 in Brazil it goes on!

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 13, 2010 00:31

The Stones
Former Dutch footballer, Johan Cruyff has launched a scathing attack on Holland's performance in their 1-0 defeat to Spain
in the World Cup final last night, slamming their "dirty" tactics and their style of "anti-football".

[www.guardian.co.uk]

1-0 for The Stones...you were faster...

" World Cup final: Johan Cruyff hits out at 'anti-football' Holland

• Cruyff lambasts Holland for 'renouncing their style'
• Dutch legend also unhappy with Howard Webb

* Press Association
* guardian.co.uk, Monday 12 July 2010 17.16 BST
* Article history

Johan Cruyff has launched a scathing attack on Holland's performance in their 1-0 defeat to Spain in the World Cup final last night, slamming their "dirty" tactics and their style of "anti-football".

Cruyff was at the heart of the Holland team that earned a reputation of playing Total Football in the 1970s, and the pioneer of the style that earned the Dutch the reputation of being a joy to watch. The current Holland team played in a style that was the antithesis of that last night and a disappointed Cruyff admits it saddened him to witness their thuggery.

"On Thursday they asked me from Holland 'Can we play like Inter? Can we stop Spain in the same way Mourinho eliminated Barça?'" Cruyff told El Periódico, in reference to the way Internazionale defended their way to a Champions League semi-final victory over Barcelona.

"I said no, no way at all. I said no, not because I hate this style – I said no because I thought that my country wouldn't dare to and would never renounce their style. I said no because, without having great players like those of the past, the team has its own style.

"I was wrong. Of course I'm not hanging all 11 of them by the same rope, but almost. They didn't want the ball.

"And regrettably, sadly, they played very dirty. So much so that they should have been down to nine immediately, then they made two [such] ugly and hard tackles that even I felt the damage.

"It hurts me that I was wrong in my disagreement that instead Holland chose an ugly path to aim for the title.

"This ugly, vulgar, hard, hermetic, hardly eye-catching, hardly football style, yes it served the Dutch to unsettle Spain. If with this they got satisfaction, fine, but they ended up losing. They were playing anti-football."

Cruyff has also joined in with the criticism of the referee, Howard Webb, who has been heavily attacked for the way he managed last night's stormy game.

Webb dished out 14 yellow cards – including two to send off the Holland defender John Heitinga – but Cruyff believes he could have been even firmer, and should have dished out a red card for Nigel de Jong's karate kick to the chest of Xabi Alonso as well as handing a second booking to Arjen Robben for kicking the ball away.

Cruyff added: "When we say, often, that we do not like talking about referees, it is true and, above all, because only refereeing like that last night by the Englishman Howard Webb can create in us a state of such indignation that then, yes, it is necessary to comment.

"Because you can referee wrongly, make a mistake, but what you cannot do is create your own sense of justice and, even worse, invent a very personal application of the rules.

"Not only did he not send off two Dutchmen but he also looked the other way at times when he should have involved himself.

"A World Cup final deserves great refereeing and, above all, deserves a referee who dares to do everything it means to be a judge." "

Posted by: JordiStones ()
Date: July 13, 2010 00:34

Max'sKansasCity
The real football?
Yes, the authentic one... without violence.
You learned a lot about football these days. Now you have to learn how to loose with elegance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-13 00:34 by JordiStones.

Date: July 13, 2010 00:40

The Stones

[www.guardian.co.uk]

Shame on Cruijff, the oracle of Barcelona. Always critisizing everybody else, NEVER taking responsibility. They asked him to become our football coach, pleading on their knees, offering enormous amounts of money but he didn't dare. Cruijff knows everything better but he stands just off side all the time. He has the right to say what he wants, but to me he's become a real joke. Almost nobody here takes him seriously anymore. He's just an old man of no more importance in football. He's also against applying video technics to help the matches become more fair. He's just yesterday's news.

Date: July 13, 2010 00:45

BTW: it was because of Cruijff's own arrogance against the Germans that we lost the final in 1974. He was as a player always a pain in the neck, always causing problems, quarrels and so on. Find out how many interlands (caps) this player, one of the world's best ever, has played. Compare it to Beckenbauer. Then you know what I mean. Beckenbauer is my man, he was also a winning coach, he dared, he took his responsibility. Cruijff never did. Just a big mouth who once was a fantastic player.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 13, 2010 00:52

kleermaker

Max, this Spanish team is just a very good team. Holland and Spain were undoubtedly the best two teams, but if they had to win 2 of 3 or even 3 of 5 I'm sure we would have won that series. Now we were the victims of bad luck and a horrible ref. All that talk about De Jong's karate kick: it seemed worse than it was: no Spaniard was hurt, they all ran upwards to get the cup as sound as they ever could be, nobody had a scratch. I'm so utterly sick and tired of those people who blame our team for playing ugly. Those people don't know anything about football at all. We deserved that penalty kick for Robben. Boy, he better fell down like a dying swan. Heitinga didn't deserve a second yellow card at all. That ref let himself being commanded by the Spaniards. We didn't get that obvious corner ball at the end, it was clearly off side before the decisive pass was given. Of course not the goal itself! We created many chances as well. We attacked just like the Spaniards did. We didn't play our best play, that's true but not ugly. The Spanish had most ball possesion but not the best chances. Who cares about ball possession if it's not dangerous. We Dutch always have had most ball possession but only won the EC one time. We had really bad luck with a ref who was biased and afraid to make mistakes and didn't let the teams play, even if they had advantage. He kept on whistling and talking, talking, talking, talking, endless, useless speeches. The talking policeman. He talks you in the handcuffs, he talks you in jail, he talks the ears off of your head, he talks the WC off of your hands. Man, I still see his mouth moving. It goes on and on and on. Till 2014 in Brazil it goes on!
kleermaker
The Stones

[www.guardian.co.uk]

Shame on Cruijff, the oracle of Barcelona. Always critisizing everybody else, NEVER taking responsibility. They asked him to become our football coach, pleading on their knees, offering enormous amounts of money but he didn't dare. Cruijff knows everything better but he stands just off side all the time. He has the right to say what he wants, but to me he's become a real joke. Almost nobody here takes him seriously anymore. He's just an old man of no more importance in football. He's also against applying video technics to help the matches become more fair. He's just yesterday's news.

"Now we were the victims of bad luck and a horrible ref."

Hey,what about Jabulani...Vuvuzela...conspiracy theories...?

kleermaker,your posts concerning the final are getting more and more embarrassing...just the " Rumpelstilzchen " flavour...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7778798081828384858687...LastNext
Current Page: 82 of 97

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1744
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home