Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6566676869707172737475...LastNext
Current Page: 70 of 97
Re: OT WORLD CUP 2010 in South Africa - the IORR thread
Posted by: Lightnin' ()
Date: July 9, 2010 22:23

So now we know for sure Ronaldo is gay.
All football players claim to be straight - maybe painting toenails is Ronaldo's way of tackling this big taboo in the world of soccer.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 9, 2010 22:34

HUP HOLLAND HUP !!!
A lion on football shoes

Hup Holland Hup
Laat de Leeuw niet in z'n Hempie staan
Hup Holland Hup
Trek 't Beessie geen Pantoffels aan
Hup Holland Hup
Laat je uit het Veld niet slaan
Want een Leeuw op Voetbalschoenen
Kan de hele Wereld aan.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 9, 2010 22:38

LOL Max, with a supporter like you the Dutch can stay quiet on this board. Thanks mate

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: July 9, 2010 22:43

my pleasure Hansie,
William the Silent would be proud of you...
but somebodys gotta do the dirty work .... so to borrow the poker term ....I AM ALL IN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-09 22:45 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 9, 2010 23:17

Lightnin'
So now we know for sure Ronaldo is gay.
All football players claim to be straight - maybe painting toenails is Ronaldo's way of tackling this big taboo in the world of soccer.

Too quick a conclusion, Lightnin'. I've dyed my hair (so many men do it these days, look for example at the GERMAN (how is it possible, a real German dying his hair!!!) football coach Löw) but I stopped doing it, it was just for fun). BUT I still colour my eyebrows. Considering painting my toenails now as well, but I don't walk that much barefoot. Anyway, I can assure you that I'm not gay, not even for 1% (well, certainly not more than 1%). AND ALL FOOTBALLPLAYERS ARE STRAIGHT. It's a football law (and even part of the FIFA rules if I'm right).

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: July 10, 2010 00:24

...Ronaldo...perhaps he's the next Gareth Thomas but in a speedo

Date: July 10, 2010 02:06

Ronaldo changed the color of his toe nails.
I kinda like it, Stonesred smiling smiley

-------------------

Date: July 10, 2010 05:39

I think they look kind of orange, but I am a kind of color blind ; )
I would say Holland orange, but they are saying that term is wrong?
So now I dont know what to say, except ..... 39 hours to go.

Date: July 10, 2010 11:56

Indeed Max, I think I like orange better smiling smiley

-------------------

Date: July 10, 2010 12:28

Max'sKansasCity

I would say that yahozna said it quite well in the POLL thread:"People from outside the North and South Holland provinces used to mind it a lot but in my experience most people can't be bothered anymore". There is a piece of history involved. The 2 provinces "Noord Holland" and "Zuid Holland" (North Holland and South Holland) have always been the most "important" provinces. People in other provinces, especially way up in the north east like Groningen and way down in the south east like Limburg sometimes felt neglected by those 2 "important" provinces. I have been born and have been spending most of my life in Limburg. Most Limburgers will never call themselves "Hollanders", because that term is only used for those who actually live in those "important" provinces. When you come from Amsterdam to Limburg you will always stay a "Hollander", no matter how long you wil live in Limburg. When I was young this was a very serious matter, but as yahozna said, nowadays it is not that serious anymore. When I am abroad I always say that I come from Holland. But there is still some friendly and kindly meant rivalry when I visit my Dutch friends in Hilversum or Amsterdam. In those cases we all live in Nederland, but I will never become a Hollander and always will be a Limburger. But you can rest assured that you will not insult any Nederlander when you call our country Holland. We call it Holland ourselves in HUP HOLLAND HUP smiling smiley But indeed, the official name for our country is Nederland.

-------------------

Posted by: Telecaster_man ()
Date: July 10, 2010 14:28

ESPAÑA,ESPAÑA,ESPAÑA!!!!

---------------------------------------------
Shattered !!!
---------------------------------------------

Date: July 10, 2010 14:43

Oh my, so that is the Spanish secret weapon. If Holland has to play against that team, I am sure that Spain will win. The Dutch guys will not know where to look.

-------------------

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: July 10, 2010 15:03

I don't mind to not follow the flock

Nothing against a ball game, but this cup is turning people idiots and brutal.

In the little Spanish town where I live most of the time, and which is also celebrating with unhappy bulls in the streets, the Spanish 14-year kid who befriend my son was saying disgusting things about Germans - I am French, I tried to remind him Spain was a member of the European Union, that Germany and Netherlands were our friends - but he didn't care

Went to a restaraunt in the mountain last Sunday, the boss was alone - waiters were too sick to come to work because of the drinking of the night before after Spanish win - asked him if how they went back from work - "Driving in the mountain bloody drunk, he said, but the cops don't care, that all right " - Well, I do care, if soccer make you a dangerous drunk, just don't take your car and camp in the restaurant kitchen

Today, there were even nasty comments against the Spanish PM and urgent call that he NOT assist the Wold cup Final - just because the guy is said to carry bad luck - Well, Zapatero won't travel to South Africa to satisfy the intolerant idiots - that is insane, one must have the right to breath and walk, even a PM

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 10, 2010 15:16

Will Miro become the top scorer ever in the history of the World Cup? Two goals to get in today's 3rd place play off with Uruguay. But it's too Klose to call! >grinning smiley<

Date: July 10, 2010 16:37

Yep, tonight we can watch the Germans and Uruguayans one more time! I'm neutral this time, because I liked the way Germany has played and I also like that guy Forlan, who's played very well and very sportively as well. I hope both teams take this match really seriously and present us a fine show. They both are able to do that. So I'm hoping for an exciting, fair and really good football match with many goals!

PS: Good luck to all Germans and Uruguayans! Let's again all enjoy the game!

Date: July 10, 2010 16:45

Silver Dagger
too Klose to call

Good one smiling smiley But don't forget that David Villa and Wesley Sneijder are still in the game too and they will play tomorrow.

-------------------

Date: July 10, 2010 16:47

Sad story Joker. You have every right to be angry. Reading your story I get angry as well. But don't blame it on the World Cup. You can only blame the stupidity of some people.

-------------------

Posted by: Rockandosis ()
Date: July 10, 2010 16:56

VAMOS FORLÁN! VAMOS POR LA BOTA DE ORO!

VAMOS URUGUAY CARAJO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: July 10, 2010 16:58

Silver Dagger
too Klose to call

I don't understand how but I've missed that one. Compliments to Silver Dagger!

Btw: Everything all right over there, Carlitos? The sun is shining here as if we are on Tenerife: about 30 degrees Celcius. So: smileys with beer

Date: July 10, 2010 18:26

Rolling Hansie
Max'sKansasCity

I would say that yahozna said it quite well in the POLL thread:"People from outside the North and South Holland provinces used to mind it a lot but in my experience most people can't be bothered anymore". There is a piece of history involved. The 2 provinces "Noord Holland" and "Zuid Holland" (North Holland and South Holland) have always been the most "important" provinces. People in other provinces, especially way up in the north east like Groningen and way down in the south east like Limburg sometimes felt neglected by those 2 "important" provinces. I have been born and have been spending most of my life in Limburg. Most Limburgers will never call themselves "Hollanders", because that term is only used for those who actually live in those "important" provinces. When you come from Amsterdam to Limburg you will always stay a "Hollander", no matter how long you wil live in Limburg. When I was young this was a very serious matter, but as yahozna said, nowadays it is not that serious anymore. When I am abroad I always say that I come from Holland. But there is still some friendly and kindly meant rivalry when I visit my Dutch friends in Hilversum or Amsterdam. In those cases we all live in Nederland, but I will never become a Hollander and always will be a Limburger. But you can rest assured that you will not insult any Nederlander when you call our country Holland. We call it Holland ourselves in HUP HOLLAND HUP smiling smiley But indeed, the official name for our country is Nederland.

I had no idea, I wish someone had said something earlier. One almost needs a secret decoder ring to keep this all straight .... "football" vs "futball" vs "fussball" vs soccer etc etc ...... as I mentioned in another post trying to learn another language/game/country is full of pitfalls with mis-rules and mis-names and mis-regions and mis-genrder asscoiations and misunderstandings ..... geeezzz I was just digging the game.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: July 10, 2010 18:30

Germany's poor performance against Spain land's them in the loser game. An embarrassing way to end the tournament. But an accomplishment for Uruguay who has a good shot at winning.

Of course this game is for the teams that lost the World Cup and the winner of this match gets the third place prize: A set of steak knives.

Date: July 10, 2010 18:49

Max'sKansasCity
I had no idea, I wish someone had said something earlier.

As I said in my earlier post, it really is not a problem at all Max. It is just a friendly rivalry amongst the Dutch themselves. No reason for you to bother at all.

-------------------

Date: July 10, 2010 18:55

Max'sKansasCity

I had no idea, I wish someone had said something earlier. One almost needs a secret decoder ring to keep this all straight .... "football" vs "futball" vs "fussball" vs soccer etc etc ...... as I mentioned in another post trying to learn another language/game/country is full of pitfalls with mis-rules and mis-names and mis-regions and mis-genrder asscoiations and misunderstandings ..... geeezzz I was just digging the game.

Hey Max, you've made not even one mistake here and you're absolutely one of the, if not THE, topposters here. So don't be discouraged at all, we really can't have that now, right before the all decisive game! Keep up your spirit like you've done all the time in such a great way. Holland is the football term for Nederland. When we speak of football we often use the name Holland ourselves, even people from Limburg! Hup Holland hup, remember?!

BTW: It's Voetbal, even King Voetbalwinking smiley.

Date: July 10, 2010 18:57

The Sicilian
Germany's poor performance against Spain land's them in the loser game. An embarrassing way to end the tournament. But an accomplishment for Uruguay who has a good shot at winning.

Of course this game is for the teams that lost the World Cup and the winner of this match gets the third place prize: A set of steak knives.

Steak knives?? I'd rather have an octopus carver!!!

Date: July 10, 2010 19:19

Silver Dagger
The Sicilian

grinning smiley

A third place is a fantastic achievement in my eyes. The third best football country in the world, with so many excellent football countries (Brazil, Italy, France, Chile, Mexico, Ghana, Argentina, Portugal, England etc.) behind. Something to be very proud of.

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: July 10, 2010 19:49

I think we'll have a great game toonight, I'll be chearing for Germany!

Date: July 10, 2010 19:49

Why thank you kleermaker. You're right. Nothing to be ashamed of. Still would have loved a Germany v Holland final though. Two teams playing the same style of attacking football. Still, maybe next time.

Date: July 10, 2010 20:04

Thanks Hansie and Kleer. I had started to wonder when
I was the only one going ballistic, I wondereed if I was off
on some part of it, cuz I think this is a pretty big deal.
THIS IS THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP!!!! Really the only true WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP.

still 26 hours to go

Date: July 10, 2010 20:27

Silver Dagger
Still would have loved a Germany v Holland final though. Two teams playing the same style of attacking football. Still, maybe next time.

Well, Silver Dagger, I disagree about "the same style of attacking football". We have a more flashing way of attacking this time, with Sneijder and Robben. Very explosive and surprising. Secondly, a final Holland - Germany would only have been nice for us if we would have won, because we still suffer from the lost final of 1974. So a repeat of that final would be killing for us! But such a final in 2012, the EC, would be very welcome here! Especially if we are WC then.

But for now I'm looking forward to Uruguay - Germany. Enjoy!

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: July 10, 2010 20:29

kleermaker
Silver Dagger
The Sicilian

grinning smiley

A third place is a fantastic achievement in my eyes. The third best football country in the world, with so many excellent football countries (Brazil, Italy, France, Chile, Mexico, Ghana, Argentina, Portugal, England etc.) behind. Something to be very proud of.

No one will remember the third place finisher except the country that won the game and the country that lost it.

2nd, 3rd, and 4th place finishes mean only one thing, you lost the World Cup.

Take that for what its worth, here in Buffalo, NY we lost 4 straight Super Bowls and 2 Stanley Cups in hockey. That lives with you forever until you win one of course.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6566676869707172737475...LastNext
Current Page: 70 of 97

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1884
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home