Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 22
Re: Plundered My Soul!!!
Posted by: liddas ()
Date: April 16, 2010 13:20

S***T!!!

after haring the 30 secs on amazon, I promised to my self to keep calm: don't download it, don't listen to it until I have the official record, don't read the reviews, don't spoil the pleasure of playing the real thing as is it should be ...

until it was only a clic away ...

What can I say, sounds just great, and as I said before, I particularly like Jagger's work!

C

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: April 16, 2010 13:23

I too wanted to wait until I got the vinyl but it was here , I was anxious .

Great song !!

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: April 16, 2010 13:26

JumpingKentFlash
It's a good outtake for sure, but to say that it's their best song in 25 years? Pffff. Not even close.

Agree. It's only a good outtake but I like it, yes I do.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: April 16, 2010 13:37

Great! One of the absolutely best outtakes we've heard if you ask me. Has the feel from the Exile period.
Mick's way of singing doesn't disturb me at all. When he is as low in the mix as he is here it's perfect!

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: April 16, 2010 13:41

I wonder if with sssoul has heard it yet? would be interested in your opinion of it, admire you waiting and not giving in to the temptation of the 30 sec snippet.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: April 16, 2010 13:44

...loving it even more this morning....that falsetto is outstanding.....

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: April 16, 2010 13:45

PMS is a decent song, it will not become a classic, I did not expect that. The falsetto is not good, but apart from that Mick Jagger did a good job.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: April 16, 2010 13:48

I love this song - it sounds fantastic, and Mick Taylor's guitar work is brilliant. To me it sounds like the vocals and Mick T's guitar are all new. It also sounds like there is an acoustic in their which I suspect Keith has added. Brilliant track - a real return to form. Would love to hear this one live!!

Posted by: morkos1 ()
Date: April 16, 2010 14:03

Bärs
I think it sounds like a song from Ron's first solo album with Ron himself on lead guitar.

My thought exactly. The beginning sounds like a Faces song.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 16, 2010 14:43

Got it via i-tunes last night.

A big thumbs up

Can understand some of the misgivings about a 2009 vocal over a 1971 recording, but some of the comments on here in the last day or so about the song itself defy belief and have no sense of perspective. Its a bloody leftover for goodness sake, yet some people are expecting another Tumbling Dice or Brown Sugar.

The song stands on its own merits - and Taylor's contribution is absolutely stellar.

Posted by: mrfancyman ()
Date: April 16, 2010 14:59

I think it is a great song.
Although you can hear clearly that this is not MJ begin 70-ties but it still has a good 70-ties feel.

Mr.Fancyman

Date: April 16, 2010 15:06

I think it was a very good gesture on Mick Ts behalf to come back - could easily have told them to " get stuffed" when approached.Certainly his guitar work shines on this track,and it is good to see him back.Whether this is just a once off,or maybe something else in the future ( Im not trying to open up a can of worms here} Im glad he did come back, and I think without him,the track wouldnt be what it is.

Date: April 16, 2010 15:09

........I think it was a great gesture by Mick and Keith to go in and "plunder" the vaults a little bit and let us have a peak....

Date: April 16, 2010 15:15

Rip This
........I think it was a great gesture by Mick and Keith to go in and "plunder" the vaults a little bit and let us have a peak....
For sure it was, and hopefully if the Exile reissue goes down well, we might get more of a "plunder" of whats down in the depths of the vaults.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: April 16, 2010 15:44

I'm so excited now!! Now I really wanna hear this song! What amazes me is how much everyone on here loves it - is it because it's that good, or is it because Mick T is back doing stuff with the Stones, and is it good only because Mick T is there to make it shine???

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: April 16, 2010 15:48

VoodooLounge13
I'm so excited now!! Now I really wanna hear this song! What amazes me is how much everyone on here loves it - is it because it's that good, or is it because Mick T is back doing stuff with the Stones, and is it good only because Mick T is there to make it shine???
You didn't hear it yet ?
The links are here :

[www.iorr.org]
Do you want me to send it to you ?

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: April 16, 2010 15:50

Gazza
Got it via i-tunes last night.

A big thumbs up

Can understand some of the misgivings about a 2009 vocal over a 1971 recording, but some of the comments on here in the last day or so about the song itself defy belief and have no sense of perspective. Its a bloody leftover for goodness sake, yet some people are expecting another Tumbling Dice or Brown Sugar.

The song stands on its own merits - and Taylor's contribution is absolutely stellar.

I would like to add that MJ sings this song with genuine conviction.

Date: April 16, 2010 15:50

VoodooLounge13

...well when you hear the song..you are reminded how M and M worked so well together...so it's a nice throw back...

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: April 16, 2010 15:53

Its absolutely magnificent. So, so good. I almost can't believe what I'm hearing.

I was kinda lukewarm about the Exile re-issue, but now, BRING IT ON!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 16, 2010 15:56

WOW WOW ,oh my god that's mick taylor's guitar and jagger is singing out of this world good .great fuc@#$ song killer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 16, 2010 16:19

FANTASTIC! What a beauty. It has that classic Stones swagger with some soaring guitar from Mick Taylor. He is a angel to come back and add some magic to this track. And Mick is sining his heart out with some great strange phrasing and timing. The bass reminds you why we all miss Bill Wyman! Charlie is hot tonight, isn't he? And Keif is the riff meister, is that him on the acoustic? Wonderful! Thanks boys!

Posted by: Eirik ()
Date: April 16, 2010 16:21

It's fantastic! Why the h... must the single be a limited edition? I want a copy now!

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: April 16, 2010 16:32

The Greek
WOW WOW ,oh my god that's mick taylor's guitar and jagger is singing out of this world good .great fuc@#$ song killer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A great new song and Marlins are on track. What more can one ask for?

Date: April 16, 2010 16:37

Wow! This version has far better sound than the version I listened to yesterday. The acoustic is more up front in the mix as well (Keith overdub?). Actually, this song really grows on me. And Jagger's singing is stellar, imo. Can't believe all the complaints...

Posted by: FolkyFireKitten1 ()
Date: April 16, 2010 16:41

The more I listen to it, the more I like it... errr... no, I LOVE it!

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: April 16, 2010 17:04

smiling smileyIts wonderful. thanks to all who sent it to me. I LOVE IT TOO!! CHEERS! smiling smiley

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: April 16, 2010 17:13

DandelionPowderman
Can't believe all the complaints...
It was bound to get some flac. You know the people on here. *Rolls eyes*

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: OneHit ()
Date: April 16, 2010 17:14

100% agree with this.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 16, 2010 17:21

Chris Fountain
The Greek

A great new song and Marlins are on track. What more can one ask for?
what do you mean by marlins are on track?

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: April 16, 2010 17:22

Its a great song!!!Jaggers Vocals are awesome. Thanks, Rolling stones!!!

under the boardwalk---down by the sea

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1890
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home