Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 22
Re: Plundered My Soul Reviews
Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: April 17, 2010 12:46

Sorry, weak composition, boring arrangement, it doesn't fit to the atmosphere of Exile. I can't believe that it is from the Exile sessions. It should be titled "Plundered My Garbage Can".

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: April 17, 2010 14:36

I quite like the song, the tempo of the song is great. The backing vocals sound sweet.
What could be better is the sound. You hardly hear Nicky Hopkins for example, and the vocals are too high in the mix for my taste, as are the low frequencies. I like the song very much, but the production could be better. The balance of the instruments could more pronounced. I'm happpy with it but the production aspects leave a lot to be disered. I'm curious what part Keith plays in the song. The bassguitar pattern is very basic (almost like Darryl), drums sound seems very 'modern Charlie'
Don't get me wrong : I quite like the single, maybe it sounds like moaning about the sound. It isn't, I'm preoccupied with itwinking smiley

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: April 17, 2010 14:41

If you're moaning about this song I feel somewhat sorry for you. If you're expecting better you'll have a long wait, personally I think it's out of this world.

Date: April 17, 2010 14:45

flairville I'm not moaning! Great song (great song) production could be better. Is that okay to write?, or are you offended? I just bought the single, and tried to post my first impressions.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: April 17, 2010 14:56

flairville
If you're moaning about this song I feel somewhat sorry for you. If you're expecting better you'll have a long wait, personally I think it's out of this world.

thumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: April 17, 2010 15:36

barbabang
What could be better is the sound. You hardly hear Nicky Hopkins for example, and the vocals are too high in the mix for my taste, as are the low frequencies. I like the song very much, but the production could be better.

I'm agree with you, the song is great but it's ruined by Don Was production.

Plumbered my sound is most accurate for the name of the song.

Re: Plundered My Soul - reviews and comments
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: April 17, 2010 17:47

if this were an instrumental, the vocals prolly wouldn't bother me so much....

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: April 17, 2010 17:51

i like the song quite a bit. i've never heard a bootleg of how it originally
sounded..but..I'd guess that it didn't make it to the official release (Exile) because
it's similar to Tumbling DIce. (i haven't read every post...sorry if this was already surmised)

was it an instrumental until re-worked for the 2010 deluxe edition?
obvious new vocals & guitar etc...but didn't know if it ever had lyrics or to what degree
it was "finished". has it appeared on bootlegs in its original form?

i'm looking forward to the DVD of "the Making of Exile" and presumably studio footage of
the new stuff.....to explain and put everything in context. could be quite interesting...showing Don Was
unearthing lost gems and the 2 Micks polishing them up.

IORR............but I like it!

Plunder This!!!
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: April 16, 2010 21:28

TWELVE threads! As of 1:30PM CDT today, April 16 of '010!

Is that possibly a record?

Re: Plunder This!!!
Posted by: FreeBird ()
Date: April 16, 2010 22:22

Clearly, this must be their best song ever.

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: April 16, 2010 22:27

Yes, this site got plundered!

Date: April 17, 2010 08:10

Best Stones song released in the Twenty Hundreds or best Stones song OF the Twenty Hundreds? Neither? Of course, there are others to consider.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 17, 2010 09:02

I think what we are experiencing is the release of pent up joy upon hearing an actual new Stones song from the classic period, with all the elements intact. No wonder people are a little goofy. It's fun. 12 threads or 1200. Who cares? Let's roll with it.

Date: April 17, 2010 16:17

Exactly. For once there's something that's actually interesting to talk about.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: April 17, 2010 17:28

all the threads in the world still wont make this a hit single, it is pretty good though i must say

Date: April 17, 2010 17:31

Har har - I guess it depends on the definition of hit single these days. Let's say they made 3000 singles and all were bought - that would technically be a hit.

Date: April 17, 2010 17:38

I guess BV is letting all these threads for the same topic go on for a while because of the novelty of a new tune being released, what else could it be?

Date: April 17, 2010 17:46

That's all. I thought a silly positive backlash thread was in order making fun of all the other ones. Think UMG has plundered the soul of the Stones? I'm guessing this is good regardless. It's bringing Exile, an album in dire need of some exposure, just that.

Date: April 17, 2010 17:48

sounds good to me

Date: April 17, 2010 18:11

I just heard the classic 21 radio version (posted by Ket) maybe it's just me, but this seems like a very different mix than the 7" version!

The radio version seems to be a better balanced and thus superior mix. This is far better than the 7"version. I really hope this will be the cd version.

What do you think??

Posted by: thamasterrr18 ()
Date: April 17, 2010 18:30

barbabang
I just heard the classic 21 radio version (posted by Ket) maybe it's just me, but this seems like a very different mix than the 7" version!

The radio version seems to be a better balanced and thus superior mix. This is far better than the 7"version. I really hope this will be the cd version.

What do you think??

yesterday I said the same, Mick T guitar on the radio version is mixed right and centered on the 7'' single version...anybody??

Posted by: charlystone ()
Date: April 17, 2010 18:30

I think is the real stones song since 1972, very very good

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: April 17, 2010 19:07

Even if everyone's not happy with the song,at least we have catchy a title for the tour......................"PLUNDER MY WALLET TOUR 2011" lol.

why are we fighting people

sc uk

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: April 17, 2010 19:36

No quotes from Keith till now? Very interesting.
I'm sure there will be some 'dogshit in the doorway' statement soon...

Date: April 17, 2010 19:39

So...are the youtube video posts of the song all the same mix? This would be very interesting if there is some different mixes to listen to!

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 17, 2010 21:12

sweet neo con
i like the song quite a bit. i've never heard a bootleg of how it originally
sounded..but..I'd guess that it didn't make it to the official release (Exile) because
it's similar to Tumbling DIce. (i haven't read every post...sorry if this was already surmised)

was it an instrumental until re-worked for the 2010 deluxe edition?
obvious new vocals & guitar etc...but didn't know if it ever had lyrics or to what degree
it was "finished". has it appeared on bootlegs in its original form?

i'm looking forward to the DVD of "the Making of Exile" and presumably studio footage of
the new stuff.....to explain and put everything in context. could be quite interesting...showing Don Was
unearthing lost gems and the 2 Micks polishing them up.
Mick Jagger about Plundered My Soul
A lot of times, I remembered where they (the songs on Exile) were done or where I was sitting. And some of them I just didn't remember at all. I was playing guitar or something, and I don't remember any of it. Where was that recorded? So I tried to find out where it was recorded and when. They weren't all recorded in the same place. Some of them I really remembered, but some I didn't remember at all. Some of them were really together — maybe the one you've heard, it was called "Plundered my Soul," that was perfect, you didn't have to edit, it was all perfect. Some of the others were much more loose jams.

Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: April 17, 2010 21:42

i dont wanna be negative but I have to say

I find the "soundwall" boring, cant hear charlie and keith cutting through that,
micks voice sounds under pressure..
kinda overworked song ?
maybe it needs time..

Posted by: mitchflorida ()
Date: April 17, 2010 23:21

Thumbs down.

Posted by: CaledonianGonzo ()
Date: April 17, 2010 23:25

maybe it needs time..

Another 38 years should do it.

For me, it's their best single since Waiting On A Friend.

(or maybe She Was Hot).

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: April 18, 2010 00:33

Since it's from EXILE period people say it's great. If The Rolling Stones put out a press release and said Jones and Leavell played on it and it was recored in recent years people would hate it. Half the people on this board bash things for NO reason at all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-18 00:41 by More Hot Rocks.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1659
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home