Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 5 of 8
Re: stones should take mick taylor on tour.
Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: December 3, 2009 05:11

They made the effort to invite Bobby Keys to rejoin, when he is probably not the greatest horn player they could have gotten. He doesn't add anything visually to the band. At some level, they must realize that there is a certain integrity and authenticity in having the very same horn player who performed and recorded with them during their Golden Era.

So this thinking could apply to inviting any other former members or sidemen who are still available.

Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: December 3, 2009 05:40

Bliss
They made the effort to invite Bobby Keys to rejoin, when he is probably not the greatest horn player they could have gotten. He doesn't add anything visually to the band. At some level, they must realize that there is a certain integrity and authenticity in having the very same horn player who performed and recorded with them during their Golden Era.

So this thinking could apply to inviting any other former members or sidemen who are still available.

I Agree Bliss, I see where MJ/KR "Forgave" Bobby for his Transgressions, why not
just do what is RIGHT & make a 2010 Tour there best by bringing back as many people
who helped contribute to the Stones music through the Years, besides BW & MT bring back others for certain Songs, "Miss You" could sure use that Harp player Sugar Blue
just as Gimme Shelter sure could use MT's Gun Slingin' Guitar Playing, I'm just sayin'

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: December 3, 2009 05:43

just put a blow up doll on stage thats pretty much what he is now anyway

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: December 3, 2009 05:51

Heyyyyyyyyyyyy-that was rude!!

Date: December 3, 2009 05:57

melillo

Dude, you're on the wrong list, undercover members make those STUPID comments

Date: December 3, 2009 06:06

then you should know then rookie

duck geese!!!!!!!!! duck geese??????????

Date: December 3, 2009 06:20

btw the mick taylor fat jokes are just that, jokes, they have been made by many people on this board so lets not go crazy on me, i know MT era stones are the best and i was not in anyway making fun of his health condition

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: December 3, 2009 06:32

melillo

u must mean Ron Wood. He looks like a cardboard cutout half the time. Never seen a lead guitarist hit more random notes ever!

Date: December 3, 2009 07:32

melillo
btw the Mick Taylor fat jokes are just that, jokes, they have been made by many people on this board so lets not go crazy on me, i know MT era stones are the best and I was not in anyway making fun of his health condition

I'm cool. if you're cool

Shine on ...

Date: December 3, 2009 09:29

Other than the extremely remote possibility of a one off guest appearance this ain't ever gonna happen.

The average Stones concert goer could care less about seeing a fat assed Mick Taylor touring with the band. John Q Public wants War Horses and plenty of them.

Keith and Ronnie most certainly aren't welcoming the idea of Taylor joining the band for an entire tour.

Having Taylor join won't help sell any more tickets or bring the Stones any extra cash.

P.S. Did I mention that Having Taylor join won't help sell any more tickets or bring the Stones any extra cash?

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: December 3, 2009 12:09

I don't think it's right that the Stones wouldn't make more money than ever before if Bill and Mick T. joins for a tour. If they get to rehearse together, and also get to contribute to a new record, it will mark someting new and special. The Stones would not have to promote, once again, that the new record is the best since Exile, cause this is the first and mabye only chance to actually make a classic, that can stand beside Exile and Fingers. Second, even though the maiority of consertgoers don't know who Bill and Mick T. are, there will be words about a classic line up. Third, it will probably be a more guitar driven sound, and that will clarely ad to their musical credability other than beeing a "we're only in it for the money" band. Last, I bet the conserts will make the most selling DVD box afterwards because it simply will be closer to Ya Yas than any oficial live release post the seventies anyway, and we all know what kind of reputation Ya Yas have out there...

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: December 3, 2009 13:58

After five pages now the big question:

Is there a recent quote either from BW or MT that they are willing and want to rejoin the band for one song or more?

Please post...if you can!!!

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: December 3, 2009 14:18

Smokey
stoneswashed77
Doxa
Smokey
Deluxtone
Smokey

Whose answer?

Jagger from a couple of years ago

"It's an interesting question" = "I'm very diplomatic today. The next one please."grinning smiley

yes right, what i meant was it doesn´t mean he even thinks about having m.t. back.

- Doxa

>grinning smiley< , exactly, means nothing.

To me, it means alot. First, Jagger has some desire to be diplomatic. Second, he is not interested at all. Just read between the lines.

Date: December 3, 2009 14:22

yes right, i wanted to say it doesn´t mean mick even thinks about having m.t. back.

Date: December 3, 2009 14:25

the more the fans ask for mick taylor the less likely it is that the egos of mick jagger, keith and ronnie could stand the attention a coming back of mick taylor would get him. and take away from the current band members.

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: December 3, 2009 15:57

Roadster32

Is there a recent quote either from BW or MT that they are willing and want to rejoin the band for one song or more?

How recent do you want it to be? I don't have any quotes around to refer to, but I bet most people that are interested in these things have read about Bill wanting to join the band for a last time in England (London), and as far as I can recall Taylor have several times expressed that he'd like to do a gig or two any time, anywhere. There are plenty of sites around that may have the information that your looking for. Have a nice searchthumbs up

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: December 3, 2009 16:09

Roadster32

Please post...if you can!!!

Wyman told UNCUT, a couple of years' back, that he would only join the Stones if they toured the UK in small venues.

Date: December 3, 2009 18:06

I think Mick Taylor is a bit past his prime.. pains me to say it..

They should get rid of Ron Wood and get a young hotshot guitarist who can PLAY... it would make the live experience better.

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: December 3, 2009 18:10

Mick taylor in a wheelchair wiould be betterthan R Wood (or keith). Sad to say, but true

Date: December 3, 2009 18:12

In other words if they are going to get a new guitarist to replace Ron Wood- who looks like he needs to be replaced frankly- they should find the "new Mick Taylor" or "new Ron Wood"...

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: December 3, 2009 18:12

The Mick T playing the solo to Time Waits For No One bit is from that thing he did in that mall last year or whenever it was. He couldn't play the solo in time yet alone the right notes...

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: December 3, 2009 18:17

If given time and a commitment perhaps he could "shape up" in time

Date: December 3, 2009 18:18

Sad to say but Mick Taylor just ain't going to happen guys. give it up already..

If the Stones ever hire a new guitarist its going to be a total pro.. a guy who can cover up the holes Keith is leaving and who is so good he can play the hell out of the guitar AND not overshadow Keith too much.. Think about it: thats a tall order!

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: December 3, 2009 18:59

S.T.P
Roadster32

How recent do you want it to be? I don't have any quotes around to refer to, but I bet most people that are interested in these things have read about Bill wanting to join the band for a last time in England (London), and as far as I can recall Taylor have several times expressed that he'd like to do a gig or two any time, anywhere. There are plenty of sites around that may have the information that your looking for. Have a nice searchthumbs up

2008,2009 maybe,and yes you've got nothing to refer to, just rumours and hot air.

In Classic Rock mag from Sept./Oct. 2009 BW said that he never regretted leaving the Band although the others begged him to stay. No word that he liked to join them again for whatever songs or gigs.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: December 3, 2009 19:00

I don't think it really matters if Mick T or anyone else replaces Ronnie because unfortunately Keith can't hack it as player these days so "overshadowing" him would not to be too tall an order in my view. I don't say this out of malice, but from what I hear him playing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-03 19:20 by ChrisM.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: December 3, 2009 19:02

One couldn't stick a broken glass !
French quotewinking smiley

HMN

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: December 3, 2009 19:47

How bout adding Buddy Guy instead

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: December 3, 2009 20:09

NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: backofmyhand ()
Date: December 4, 2009 17:18

thanks everyone for you re reply

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 4, 2009 18:06

What were Bobby Keys' transgressions?

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 5 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1391
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home