Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345678Next
Current Page: 1 of 8
stones should take mick taylor on tour.
Posted by: backofmyhand ()
Date: November 30, 2009 20:08

it will be great if mick taylor will play a few numbers with the stones on the next tour
it will be good for both.
the stones will sell more tickets
and micks gets paid for what he deserved
he did a lot for the group in the past

Re: stones should take mick taylor on tour.
Posted by: ablett ()
Date: November 30, 2009 20:09

oh no not this again......

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: November 30, 2009 20:10

backofmyhand
it will be great if mick taylor will play a few numbers with the stones on the next tour

check
check
check
check
and....check

Posted by: olorin ()
Date: November 30, 2009 20:19

No, the Stones shouldn't. Mick T. is not a RS anymore and he will never be again. No nostalgy please, he left more than 30 years ago.

Sorry for my english ; I'm a french little boy (but I like it)

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: November 30, 2009 20:20

What is he like a dog that will tag along? Mick taylor should take them on tour!

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: November 30, 2009 20:27

backofmyhand

More tickets? What, like 12 more?

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: November 30, 2009 20:31

Yes MT should join the tour and play on every song, he and Ronnie can trade lead guitar, Keith will play rhythm.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: November 30, 2009 20:37

J.J.Flash
What is he like a dog that will tag along? Mick taylor should take them on tour!
I LIKE THAT!!!

MT and Ronnie can take turns on lead and playing bass (since both are fully capable!) Then it can be THE ROLLING STONES once again.

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: November 30, 2009 20:41

Why would they want to? Why would Mick T want to? Again back in the real world.....

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: November 30, 2009 20:41

I prefer Mick T over Ronnie, but most of all I would rather see Bill put down his silly metal detector.....

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: November 30, 2009 20:43

this is gonna be the best tour ever!!!

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: November 30, 2009 20:50

MKjan
I prefer Mick T over Ronnie, but most of all I would rather see Bill put down his silly metal detector.....

You and me both MKjan, you and me both. That would be marvellous if Bill was to rejoin.

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: November 30, 2009 21:03

NickB
MKjan

You and me both MKjan, you and me both. That would be marvellous if Bill was to rejoin.

Yes NickB, to see Bill on stage would be looking at 4 of the original members together, and his playing was wonderful, not to mention his demeanor :-)

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: November 30, 2009 22:05

people have been going on about this for years and it was always a joke before but in 2010 its not a bad idea.the guitar sound in the stones has become almost non-existent.they need three guitar players to stop the mish-mash of plinking keyboards and horns that has become their live sound.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: November 30, 2009 22:13

I'd go to the States again if that would happen. I'm not sure MT would love our (my) dream.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-30 22:51 by Harm.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 30, 2009 22:16

... Why don't you just put me in a bloody time capsule to 1969...?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-01 14:12 by schillid.

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: November 30, 2009 23:03

Mick Taylor could be a great support act for the club shows because these attract the kind of crowd that know and love him. I don't think he should join them on stage during their set, though. At least not on the first few nights.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 30, 2009 23:11

They do already have two permanent guitar players plus Mick and Blondie. Mick Taylor quit way back 35 years ago and is today a blues artist, very far from what the Stones do.

Bjornulf

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: November 30, 2009 23:12

you have a better chance of mick and keith using brian's dna and creating a clone of brian jones than them having mick taylor on tour with them

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 30, 2009 23:50

While we are waiting for this to happen, let's also hope for a solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, the Vatican to give away all its money and George Bush to say he's really, really sorry he lied his way in the Iraq War.

The Stones should also get rid of about half the extra people on stage with them, play smaller venues and disown their entire catalog from 1991 onward.

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: November 30, 2009 23:53

bv
They do already have two permanent guitar players plus Mick and Blondie. Mick Taylor quit way back 35 years ago and is today a blues artist, very far from what the Stones do.

Quite true indeed.

Date: December 1, 2009 00:02

<< They do already have two permanent guitar players plus Mick and Blondie. Mick Taylor quit way back 35 years ago and is today a blues artist, very far from what the Stones do. >>

Yes, MT is "so far" from it that he plays Stones tunes during his set. The point is he is a real, living fomrer member of the band, who happened to be in the group during their most creative musical period, and that group is nearing the end of their career. All the more reasons to include MT and BW, not that they will.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: December 1, 2009 00:03

schillid
... Why don't you just put me in a bloody time capsule to 1969...?

thats not a bad capsule to be in, arguably the stones best capsule

Posted by: 72stones ()
Date: December 1, 2009 00:26

Should this ever have a snowball's chance in hell of happening, you may want to consider if you think if Taylor is going to have the same chops he had back when he was originally with the band. If he does not, will it have turned out to be a big disappointment? We can dream about something like this, but I'm really scared of the reality of how it would really turn out.
I really walk a tightrope on this issue. I'd like to see it happen, but I would really like it if the circumstances would be to Taylor's benefit. Also, I'd like it if it was in a musical situation where Taylor wouldn't have to prove if he was still the same young Taylor playing vs. the older Taylor of nowadays. I'd like to see it where Taylor, Keith and Ronnie are all playing on a level playing field so that there's no risk embarrassment whatsoever for any of the three.

Date: December 1, 2009 00:37

<< Should this ever have a snowball's chance in hell of happening, you may want to consider if you think if Taylor is going to have the same chops he had back when he was originally with the band. If he does not, will it have turned out to be a big disappointment? >>

Whatever disappointment there will be will pale in comparison to the perennial disappointment of Ronnie's playing on any Stones songs that pre-date his joining the band,

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: December 1, 2009 01:02

Mick Taylor is the Only person on Earth who can save the Rolling Stones from destroying themselves. He's also the only reason Anyone would want to see them on tour again in 2010. End of Thread.

Date: December 1, 2009 01:05

<< Mick Taylor is the Only person on Earth who can save the Rolling Stones from destroying themselves. He's also the only reason Anyone would want to see them on tour again in 2010. End of Thread. >>

The voice of reason at last. Thank you.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: December 1, 2009 01:18

"who happened to be in the group during their most creative musical period"

So the period 63-69 counts for nothing except most of their hits?

I don't even recall MT being keen on rejoining so its all rather pointless!

Date: December 1, 2009 01:39

<< So the period 63-69 counts for nothing except most of their hits? >>

No. Didn't say it counts for nothing. But unless you can figure a way for them to clone Brian Jones, not sure what can be done for the 63-69 period. At least Taylor is alive and they could do something interesting.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: December 1, 2009 01:52

Mick Taylor may choose to be a "blues" artist now but its pretty small-minded to think thats all he is capable of.

Goto Page: 12345678Next
Current Page: 1 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1442
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home