Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 4 of 8
Re: stones should take mick taylor on tour.
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: December 1, 2009 22:17

I'm sure they're not concerned with sales on their 433rd album...

Posted by: Deluxtone ()
Date: December 1, 2009 22:32

skipstone
I'm sure they're not concerned with sales on their 433rd album...

I disagree. I think it would mean a lot to them to have a hit record. Single or album.

It must hurt at least a bit to keep being accused (justly) of being a nostalgia act. I good hit album would silence the critics - and justify/enliven a tour.

I do think they tried (esp Jagger) last time - but ABB was the best they could do - with no stand-out single material.

They should really at least work on a good single.

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: December 1, 2009 22:33

lets forget about Mick Taylor.. he has "good-ones- with John mayall--the Stones--69-74 Period. A good first solo-Album. --But thats it

under the boardwalk---down by the sea

Posted by: Deluxtone ()
Date: December 1, 2009 22:46

Havo
lets forget about Mick Taylor.. he has "good-ones- with John mayall--the Stones--69-74 Period. A good first solo-Album. --But thats it

No, that's not it -

try again!

Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: December 1, 2009 23:18

Deluxtone
Smokey

Whose answer?

Jagger from a couple of years ago

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 1, 2009 23:36

<< lets forget about Mick Taylor.. he has "good-ones- with John mayall--the Stones--69-74 Period. A good first solo-Album. --But thats it >>

I really hate this sentiment. Why not just say "let's settle for the crap state the band has been in for years". ?

Eat your porridge and LIKE it, children. It's all you're going to get!

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: December 1, 2009 23:38

It just does not seem probable.

Posted by: boogie1969 ()
Date: December 2, 2009 00:09

1. It's interesting that the "anti-Taylor" folks here seem to think MT's being overweight is an issue, but seem not not mind a guitarist in the current lineup who is an apparently incurable alcoholic.

2. Taylor fans are accused of being nostalgic, when the Rolling Stones Inc. of the last several tours is about nothing more than raking in big bucks based on their brand, which means filling stadium seats mostly with people who only know the hits, and know little about the history of the group. In another words, they are marketing nostalgia.

3. The people here advocating Taylor joining for a tour are doing so because they want to see songs they love performed with the lineup that created them, not because they think it will sell more tickets (it won't). Many of us are desperate for the Stones to do something, anything, that challenges them and us, instead of giving us another stadium oldies show full of predictability, preening, and poor playing.

Amen brother. Exactly how I feel. They are a nostalgia act for the most part now, milking fans out of their money with high priced tickets by riding on past glories because they are no longer capable of- or at the very least have any interest in- doing anything new and challenging.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: December 2, 2009 00:22

Yes, without question, Mick T should rejoin the band for the 2010 tour.

For one thing, the money would be a way of the Stones paying him some of what they owe him, without losing face or involving litigation.

And as to his weight...I'm sure a stint at a weight-loss spa would not cost more than what Ronnie's perennial drying-out cures at the Priory cost.

Keep posting this! On the off-chance the Stones org reads it.

We love you, Mick T!

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: December 2, 2009 00:28

Well Well - my favorite topic ever since Mr. Taylor walked away..

Only way this is going to happen is if somehow someone can convince Jagger he'll
make more money, or if Keith get's his balls back and tell's Jagger, were doing
it this way, back to the guitar-driven sound with Taylor included..

Taylor would jump at the chance to do one more tour, NOT re-join the band.

Can someone get thru to Jagger that enough time has passed, forgive Taylor and
let's see what Taylor can add to the LIVE sound!!!!!!!!!

We can only hope...
MLC

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: December 2, 2009 00:32

leteyer
Yes, they should, but in todays touring world, ruled by $$$$, Mick T is more a liability to the Stones than an asset. He does not seems fit to embark on a 3 year world tour and with insurance and sponsors and all that sh*t, don't think they go along with the idea.

But boy do I wish I'm wrong and if dreams do come true, he and Bill should join them on tour.

right; keith can get insured; ANYBODY can get insured in that case; that is not an issue imo.

Date: December 2, 2009 00:43

<< Keep posting this! On the off-chance the Stones org reads it. >>

I didn't dare say it, but yes, it is possible pressure like this from fans will "inspire" Jagger & Co. to do it. After all, they don't have many gimmicks left. They've done the stadiums, the "Stripped", the "B" stage, then the Scorcese filmed show. All that's left is doing one of their classic albums front-to-back - like Springsteen and Van Morrison have done - Exile being the obvious choice. For THAT you need Bill and Taylor. Most songs had three or more guitars anyway, and they have the horns and back-up singers in place to do the other parts.

We COULD make this happen folks! Not that I think it's likely, but it's POSSIBLE.

Contact your favorite Stone now and make your voice heard.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-02 00:57 by 71Tele.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: December 2, 2009 01:11

71Tele
1. It's interesting that the "anti-Taylor" folks here seem to think MT's being overweight is an issue, but seem not not mind a guitarist in the current lineup who is an apparently incurable alcoholic.

2. Taylor fans are accused of being nostalgic, when the Rolling Stones Inc. of the last several tours is about nothing more than raking in big bucks based on their brand, which means filling stadium seats mostly with people who only know the hits, and know little about the history of the group. In another words, they are marketing nostalgia.

3. The people here advocating Taylor joining for a tour are doing so because they want to see songs they love performed with the lineup that created them, not because they think it will sell more tickets (it won't). Many of us are desperate for the Stones to do something, anything, that challenges them and us, instead of giving us another stadium oldies show full of predictability, preening, and poor playing.
Very well said, 71 Tele.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: December 2, 2009 01:27

While Mick T isn't skinny, the last photos I saw of him(after getting over his illness) looks pretty good!

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: December 2, 2009 01:39

Anyway, who cares about Mick T's weight? Apart from charlie being considered 'the handsomest man in Britain of his generation', none of the Stones are oil paintings at this point. Bobby Keyes and Lisa Fisher are certainly rotund, and no one has considered replacing them.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: December 2, 2009 10:23

You can't always get what you want ...

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 2, 2009 11:17

Smokey
Deluxtone
Smokey

Whose answer?

"It's an interesting question" = "I'm very diplomatic today. The next one please."grinning smiley

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-02 11:17 by Doxa.

Date: December 2, 2009 15:35

Actually, if they were concerned about the sales of A Bigger Bang they would have picked much better tracks for singles instead of Streets Of Love, Rain Falls Down and Biggest Mistake first and foremost and they would have played more songs from it, thus hopefully inspiring people to buy it because they liked hearing She Saw Me Coming, which they never played, or Dangerous Beauty, which they never played, or It Won't Take Long, which they never played, or Laugh I Nearly Died, which they never played. And if they did play one of those a couple of times, well, that just doesn't really count now does it.

They didn't play any of the good tracks from the album with the exception being Rough Justice - and they basically destroyed that one. The album was seemingly fun to do and I like the album but it was just an excuse to name the tour. That's it.

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: December 2, 2009 16:01

Doxa
Smokey
Deluxtone
Smokey

Whose answer?

"It's an interesting question" = "I'm very diplomatic today. The next one please."grinning smiley

- Doxa

>grinning smiley< , exactly, means nothing.

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: December 2, 2009 19:20

This subject has been beaten to death but my 2 cents are that you can't really go back there.

I say let MT open some shows and then join in on the obligatory Stones encores.

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: December 2, 2009 19:34

71Tele

We COULD make this happen folks! Not that I think it's likely, but it's POSSIBLE.

Contact your favorite Stone now and make your voice heard.

Sure I'll soon pay Mick and Keith a visit...

Any phone numbers or email adresses?

No one can tell them what to do or not to. THEY JUST DON'T CARE.
And they are in the comfortable position that they don't have to care anymore what a minority of potential concert visitors want. They want to fill Stadiums and make big money. They have to play the warhorses and they don't need a MT/BW for this because 68.000 out of 70.000 don't know who these guys are or have been.

Date: December 2, 2009 19:44

Look, they could get rid of Charlie and Ronnie, get other people to play those instruments, and still sell out stadiums. There enough people out there who don't care who's in the band, just as long as they play the hits. And that will fill stadiums.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: December 2, 2009 19:47

1cdog
This subject has been beaten to death

name one stones-related subject that hasn't....

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 2, 2009 19:54

Brain Jones sisters Pamela † and Barbara

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: December 2, 2009 20:01

30,000 more troops to Afghanistan, and we can't even get a guitarist and a bass player into a band for a splendid tour.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 2, 2009 20:02

Oeps politics.........

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: December 2, 2009 23:42

We can put a man on the moon to play golf but we can't get The Rolling Stones to hire Mick Taylor to play a proper guitar.

It ain't right I tell ya.

It jest ain't right.

Date: December 3, 2009 00:29

Is playing the solo to Time Waits For No One behind the signature and poorly 'proper' guitar playing?

Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: December 3, 2009 00:39

stoneswashed77
Doxa
Smokey
Deluxtone
Smokey

Whose answer?

- Doxa

>grinning smiley< , exactly, means nothing.

To me, it means alot. First, Jagger has some desire to be diplomatic. Second, he is not interested at all. Just read between the lines.

Date: December 3, 2009 03:17

<< Is playing the solo to Time Waits For No One behind the signature and poorly 'proper' guitar playing? >>

When did he do this? Do you mean on IORR?

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 4 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1853
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home