Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 39
Re: OT:Bruce Springsteen 2009
Posted by: Sici ()
Date: July 22, 2009 11:09

Fantastic concert in Turin.
Some photos with my thelephone
Sici

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: July 22, 2009 14:20

Closing with a Beatles number, eh? That's Bruce with Twist & Shout and Neil Young with 'A Day in the Life'

Posted by: Nanker Phlegm ()
Date: July 22, 2009 14:54

Twist and Shout a beatles number !! ????

ya the firmly put their stamp on it, but its hardly a "BEATLES NUMBER"

Posted by: OhNoNotMeAgain ()
Date: July 22, 2009 18:09

Here's a video of "Drive All Night" from Torino (not complete, but in decent quality) - fantastic performance...

Posted by: UGot2Rollme ()
Date: July 22, 2009 18:43

I would say that Torino got the show of the tour, but the Boss has been so remarkably consistent in delivering fantastic shows across Europe this summer, that it wouldn't be true. It's amazing, really. I'm just glad I had the opportunity to see him and the ESB twice, but they were so good that I'm bordering on crossing over to "fanatic" status and trying to them at Madison Square Garden in the fall.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: July 22, 2009 21:27

trainarollin
He's still playing Mony Mony. That is STUPID! Why not play Kool and the Gang's "Celebration" while he's at it. They are the E. Street Band, not some Wedding band clowns.

This is coming from a Molly Hatchet fan.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 22, 2009 22:29

Lukester
trainarollin
He's still playing Mony Mony. That is STUPID! Why not play Kool and the Gang's "Celebration" while he's at it. They are the E. Street Band, not some Wedding band clowns.

This is coming from a Molly Hatchet fan.

Maybe Bruce will play Gator Country when he gets to Florida. Than trainarollin will be happy.smiling bouncing smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: July 24, 2009 01:06

Udine July 23

1. Sherry Darling
2. Badlands
3. Hungry Heart
4. Outlaw Pete
5. Darlington County
6. Something In The Night
7. Working On A Dream
8. Murder Incorporated
9. Johnny 99
10. No Surrender
11. Raise Your Hand
12. SUMMERTIME BLUES
13. BE TRUE
14. STREETS OF FIRE
15. My Love Will Not Let You Down
16. Waitin On A Sunny Day
17. The Promised Land
18. American Skin (41 Shots)
19. Lonesome Day
20. The Rising
21. Born To Run

22. BORN IN THE USA- full band
23. American Land
24. Bobby Jean
25. Dancing In The Dark
26. Twist And Shout

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-24 20:35 by sweetcharmedlife.

Date: July 24, 2009 02:35

A reminder to U.S. fans,about upcoming shows going on sale soon.

Friday, 7/24:
Tampa, FL (10 a.m.)
Ft. Lauderdale, FL (10 a.m.)

Saturday, 7/25
Nashville, TN (10 a.m.)

Monday, 7/27
Philadelphia, PA 1 (10 a.m.)
Philadelphia, PA 2 (10 a.m.)

NEW RULES: Be sure to note, especially if you're accustomed to trading tickets: beginning with these onsales, Ticketmaster will be implementing their new Paperless Ticketing system. For shows sold by Ticketmaster, like Nashville and Ft. Lauderdale, certain sections (GA floor, prime side seats) will be Paperless Ticket Delivery only. These tickets will be non-transferable, with original purchaser's ID and credit card required for entry at the venue. We recommend you pay close attention to the Event notes on Ticketmaster.com, and see their How It Works page for a more detailed explanation, with FAQ and video. Forewarned is forearmed!

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: July 24, 2009 06:10

Great setlist in Udine.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: July 24, 2009 10:06

There is a dicussion about possible European dates in winter at Greasylake: [www.greasylake.org]. That would be truly great. Any knowledge about that? Gazza? I would not miss Berlin!

Posted by: MacPhisto ()
Date: July 24, 2009 13:56

Happy24
There is a dicussion about possible European dates in winter at Greasylake: [www.greasylake.org]. That would be truly great. Any knowledge about that? Gazza? I would not miss Berlin!

Seems unlikely to me after those 5 "final gigs" in September (was it september?). They have toured Europe in 2007, 2008 and 2009, another tour so soon seems not likely. Although I, living there, would appreciate this idea.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 24, 2009 14:05

Happy24

Don't think there's a remote chance of a second European leg happening this year, and those 'projected' dates were just someone's 'fantasy list' - many of those venues are already booked on the dates mentioned.

Date: July 24, 2009 14:26

Thanks Gazza. At least I can relax and not be nervous whether I would get a ticket or not. I man - 1 arena show in Germany - the tickets would be really hot. But of course I would love spend a night in front of my computer waiting for the pre-sale if a Bruce arena show would be the beautifull reward.

Date: July 24, 2009 14:50

It'd be a futile wait. He doesnt do pre-sales!

Was disappointed he didnt play Berlin on the Magic/WOAD tours. Saw the Stones there in 2006 and wanted an excuse to go back!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-24 14:52 by Gazza.

Date: July 24, 2009 14:55

Gazza
It'd be a futile wait. He doesnt do pre-sales!

Maybe not Bruce, but eventim does. Sort of. All you have to do is to register for a "ticket alarm" and they send you an e-mail a couple of hours before the tickets go on sale with a link to the page where you can buy the tickets. That is how I got a GA for U2 in Berlin and that is how I got a ticket for Bruce in Vienna (oeticket.com works the same way.)

And well, I was also disappointed he didn't do Berlin this year. I would have been there for sure.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-24 14:57 by Happy24.

Date: July 24, 2009 14:56

MacPhisto
Happy24

Seems unlikely to me after those 5 "final gigs" in September (was it september?). They have toured Europe in 2007, 2008 and 2009, another tour so soon seems not likely. Although I, living there, would appreciate this idea.

Clarence will be having replacement hip surgery later this year after the tour. If they were to add dates AFTER the American leg ends in November, that would make that surgery unlikely to happen in 2009.

this new interview in the Italian edition of 'Vanity Fair' gives some idea of what may happen next (copied and pasted from 'Backstreets')

In advance of the Italian stretch of the Working on a Dream tour, which begins this very night, Vanity Fair Italy secured an exclusive interview with Bruce Springsteen, which ran as the cover story in their June 17 issue. Writer Leonardo Colombati spoke with Springsteen at length during the Stockholm stand, and has kindly provided us with the English version of his feature. Thanks to Colombati, and the permission of Vanity Fair and Conde Nast, here's Bruce looking forward to the shows in Italy—Rome tonight, Torino on Tuesday, and Udine on Thursday—and a couple other fun nuggets. We'll run the full interview in the upcoming issue of Backstreets Magazine, #88.

from
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN:
My Deal with the Devil
THE BOSS TALKS TO A NOVELIST (WHO'S ALSO A FRIEND AND A FAN) ABOUT TIME, LOVE AND MUSIC, CONFESSING HIS COMMITMENT TO ROCK THE HOUSE WHILE ON TOUR IN EUROPE
By Leonardo Colombati

With Working on a Dream, Bruce became the first foreign artist to reach the #1 position on the Italian album chart ten times.

"Wow, that’s incredible!" he says. "The Italian audience was always one of the most deepest and the most loyal and fanatic... It's an endless pleasure to come back to Italy, it's always magic. I always look forward to coming back."

It’s a love story that started 24 years ago when you played at S. Siro Stadium in Milan for the first time.

"I remember that show pretty well."

Last time that we met, we recalled your second concert at S. Siro, in 2003…

"Yeah. After a couple of songs it started to rain very heavily, and we thought that we had to stop because of the lightning. But none of you 60,000 crazy Italians moved, so we continued to play and the result was one of the five most amazing shows of my entire career."

Talking about Italy, Sergio Leone, a film director that exerted a big influence on your work, died exactly 20 years ago. The first track of Working on a Dream, "Outlaw Pete," reminds me of the atmosphere of the soundtrack of The Good, The Bad and the Ugly…

"It was a little homage," he laughs. "I had a cowboy song and I said I got to dress this up with a little bit of Ennio Morricone's style. They were fabulous movies, and of course Ennio is one of the greatest composers for film in the world. He made an incredible body of work. A lovely man, I had the honor of meeting him a couple of times."

Show time is near. But I want to know about Bruce’s future releases.

In the last couple of years you wrote some solo stuff…

"I’m always writing,” he laughs. "I write all the time."

Will it be your next project?

"I don't know. I think that the E Street Band will probably take a rest for a little while. But it all will happen again. We're lifers, we're gonna go on forever..."

What about the Darkness box set?

"Oh yeah, that's something we're working on. We take it slow and try to put something together that would be nice for fans."

Bruce, before we finish… We were talking about requests. Can I do mine?

"Sure."

I would love to hear "Once Upon a Time in the West" while you are entering on stage in Rome, like you have done a couple of times in the past.

"Okay, let me write it down and see what we can do! Take care, my friend."

VANITY FAIR ITALY 17.06.2009
©2009 LEONARDO COLOMBATI / EDIZIONI CONDé NAST S.P.A

- July 19, 2009

Posted by: OhNoNotMeAgain ()
Date: July 24, 2009 18:22

sweetcharmedlife
Udine July 23

27. Rockin All Over The World

"Rockin'" was not played in Udine. The show wrapped up with "Twist And Shout". Oh, and BTW, "Sherry Darling" was performed with Nils, Roy and Charlie all playing accordions!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-24 19:02 by OhNoNotMeAgain.

Date: July 24, 2009 20:36

OhNoNotMeAgain
sweetcharmedlife
Udine July 23

27. Rockin All Over The World

"Rockin'" was not played in Udine. The show wrapped up with "Twist And Shout". Oh, and BTW, "Sherry Darling" was performed with Nils, Roy and Charlie all playing accordions!

Ok,thanks. That's what I get for posting the setlist before it's confirmed.

Date: July 25, 2009 11:26

can someone tell me how many different tunes bruce has played on this tour?

Date: July 25, 2009 11:57

Last tour it must have been about 120. Probably more this tour as he's done so many requests for covers as well as requests for his own songs.

Date: July 25, 2009 13:56

i thought last tour it was like 157

Date: July 25, 2009 14:10

thats more likely to be accurate. I made a compilation of every song played on the spring US leg (about 30 shows) and it was something like 110 shows. He played several songs in the summer in Europe and the US and in 2007 that werent played on that leg.

Posted by: stones_serb ()
Date: July 25, 2009 23:05

I saw him in Rome.I managed to get into the pit and it was a completely otherworldly experience.No words or feelings can describe how great it is to see the legendary e street band on the stage.Now I just feel regret for not going to Udine.That setlist was made for me.Anyway it seems that he has so many great songs that regardless of what he plays he always puts on an amazing show.I have to admit that I like this show better than The Stones.There are rock concerts and there are Bruce Springsteen concerts

I must see him at least three times on the next tour.Nothing compares to the boss.Sorry if I seem too exalted but i never would have guessed that I'd see Bruce and the e street band in concert.It mat may seem strange to some of you here but I come form the country that Bruce Springsteen is not likely to visit any time soon.

Date: July 26, 2009 02:20

stones_serb
I saw him in Rome.I managed to get into the pit and it was a completely otherworldly experience.No words or feelings can describe how great it is to see the legendary e street band on the stage.Now I just feel regret for not going to Udine.That setlist was made for me.Anyway it seems that he has so many great songs that regardless of what he plays he always puts on an amazing show.I have to admit that I like this show better than The Stones.There are rock concerts and there are Bruce Springsteen concerts

I must see him at least three times on the next tour.Nothing compares to the boss.Sorry if I seem too exalted but i never would have guessed that I'd see Bruce and the e street band in concert.It mat may seem strange to some of you here but I come form the country that Bruce Springsteen is not likely to visit any time soon.

I know the feeling. I think Gazza once said,he would go to every show on the tour if he could. I would too. You never know what your going to get at every show and he just makes every night feel special.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: July 26, 2009 02:31

SCL Strange developments...

As you know, Bruce & Co. will be in Ft Lauderdale Sept 13. Unbelievably, at that time, I will be in Shanghai.

Dahmn Juniour it brakes mah dam heart!! Sonna of ....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-26 02:35 by Chris Fountain.

Date: July 26, 2009 09:02

Chris Fountain
SCL Strange developments...

As you know, Bruce & Co. will be in Ft Lauderdale Sept 13. Unbelievably, at that time, I will be in Shanghai.

Dahmn Juniour it brakes mah dam heart!! Sonna of ....

Bummer Chris....But their is always bootlegs to get you through the night.smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: July 26, 2009 21:03

Great show in Rome!!!
Here are two of my videos!

Date: July 27, 2009 02:31

Bilbao 7/26
1. The Ties That Bind
2. Badlands
3. Hungry Heart
4. Outlaw Pete
5. Working on the Highway
6. Working on a Dream
7. Murder Incorporated
8. Johnny 99
9. Because the Night
10. Factory
11. This Hard Land
12. Raise Your Hand
13. Santa Claus Is Comin’ to Town
14. Thunder Road
15. DOES THIS BUS STOP AT 82ND STREET?
16. My Love Will Not Let You Down
17. Waitin’ on a Sunny Day
18. The Promised Land
19. The River
20. Radio Nowhere
21. Lonesome Day
22. The Rising
23. Born to Run
-----------------------------------------------------
24. YOU NEVER CAN TELL
25. Jungleland
26. American Land
27. Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
28. Dancing in the Dark
29. Twist and Shout

Another amazing setlist as the European tour winds down. 4 more shows in Spain. For those wondering about the number of different songs played on the tour so far. I believe someone on Backstreets put the # at 142 with the debut of the Chuck Berry cover tonight.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-27 04:02 by sweetcharmedlife.

Date: July 29, 2009 02:09

Sevilla 7/28/09

Intro: "Sevilla tiene un color especial "

1. Badlands
2. My Love Will Not Let You Down
3. Hungry Heart
4. Outlaw Pete
5. Out In The Street
6. Working On A Dream
7. Seeds
8. Johnny 99
9. Youngstown
collecting signs
10. QUARTER TO THREE (request)
11. The E-Street Shuffle (requesdt)
12. Loose Ends (request)
13. Darlington County
14. She's The One
15. Waitin' On A Sunny Day
16. The Promised Land
17. I'm On Fire
18. American Skin (41 Shots)
19. Lonesome Day
20. The Rising
21. Born To Run
~~~~~
22. Glory Days
23. Seven Nights To Rock
24. American Land
25. Bobby Jean
26. Dancing In The Dark
27. Twist & Shout

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 39

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1964
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home