Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 39
Re: OT:Bruce Springsteen Setlists 2009
Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: July 8, 2009 18:16

Happy24
Thanks Gazza for the link, it is really usefull - I found another much better quality audio from Vienna. Some people here might be interested...

[www.greasylake.org]

It is the version in the last post on this page - 3 rapidshare links. The quality is outstanding for an audience recording (I wish I had tha Stones' shows I have attended in this quality).

Edit - I just realized, it is already at Backstreets too. Surprise, surprise. smiling smiley

Thank you very much for the link to the links. Highly appreciated.

Posted by: OhNoNotMeAgain ()
Date: July 8, 2009 19:28

Vienna was AWESOME, to put it mildly - my 14th Springsteen concert, and certainly one of the best. KILLER!!!

You can read my show report for Backstreets.com here:

[www.backstreets.com]

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: July 8, 2009 19:58

OhNoNotMeAgain
Vienna was AWESOME, to put it mildly - my 14th Springsteen concert, and certainly one of the best. KILLER!!!

[www.backstreets.com]

Nice concert review. One question, please. Concerning the signs, which songs were not played?

Date: July 8, 2009 20:11

Chris Fountain
OhNoNotMeAgain

[www.backstreets.com]

Nice concert review. One question, please. Concerning the signs, which songs were not played?

Fanks. Although I watched the sign collecting on the big screens, I couldn't tell...

Date: July 8, 2009 20:16

OhNoNotMeAgain
Chris Fountain
OhNoNotMeAgain

[www.backstreets.com]

Fanks. Although I watched the sign collecting on the big screens, I couldn't tell...

You're Felcome! I thought it would be interesting to know what and how many songs were requested

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-08 20:16 by Chris Fountain.

Date: July 8, 2009 21:12

A few signs I spotted on the screens that Bruce didn't pick up included requests for "Pink Cadillac", "Jole Blon", Warren Zevon's "My Ride's Here", "Zero And Blind Terry" and "The Price You Pay". Apparently, Bruce and the band had soundchecked "TPYP" in Vienna - maybe it will be played tonight in Herningen.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 8, 2009 21:26

He hasn't played the TPYP in over 20 years. It is one of the most eagerly anticpated songs to be played by the die hards. Myself included.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-09 18:50 by sweetcharmedlife.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: July 8, 2009 22:00

OhNoNotMeAgain

[www.backstreets.com]

Nice review Peter.

Date: July 9, 2009 00:29

Denmark 7/8

Intro: en yndig og frydefuld sommertid (A sweet and full summertime delight.)
1. Badlands
2. No Surrender
3. My Lucky Day
4. Out In The Street
5. Outlaw Pete
6. Working On A Dream
7. Candy's Room
8. Seeds
9. Johnny 99
10. Atlantic City
Collecting Signs
11. Hungry Heart (request)
12. Rendevous (request)
13. Mony Mony (request)
14. Thunder Road (request)
15. Prove It All Night
16. Waitin' On A Sunny Day
17. The Promised Land
18. The River (request)
19. I'm On Fire (request)
20. Surprise Surprise (request)
21. Lonesome Day
22. The Rising
23. Born To Run

24. Hard Times
25. Bobby Jean
26. American Land
27. Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
28. Dancing In The Dark
29. Twist & Shout

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 9, 2009 18:07

sweetcharmedlife
He hasn't played the TPYP in over 20 years. It is one of the most eagerly anticipated songs to be pleyed by the die hards. Myself included.

27th May 1981 at the 2,000 seater Brighton Centre down in the south of England, to be exact. The longest any of his released songs has gone without a single live appearance, despite the fact that there have been numerous requests for it.

The next show 2 days later was my first one (Wembley Arena 29/5/81 - the night he played 'Trapped' for the first time). Maybe a good omen for getting it at one of the next three shows.

Gorgeous song. I'll be over the moon if he pulls this one out of the hat in Dublin or Glasgow.

Date: July 9, 2009 19:50

Gazza
sweetcharmedlife
He hasn't played the TPYP in over 20 years. It is one of the most eagerly anticipated songs to be pleyed by the die hards. Myself included.

27th May 1981 at the 2,000 seater Brighton Centre down in the south of England, to be exact. The longest any of his released songs has gone without a single live appearance, despite the fact that there have been numerous requests for it.

The next show 2 days later was my first one (Wembley Arena 29/5/81 - the night he played 'Trapped' for the first time). Maybe a good omen for getting it at one of the next three shows.

Gorgeous song. I'll be over the moon if he pulls this one out of the hat in Dublin or Glasgow.

Saw him play it at Hyde Park. A real highlight. Never has such a massive venue felt so intimate.

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: July 9, 2009 21:22

Gazza
sweetcharmedlife

I saw him perform it at the first Manchester show as well.

A lot gentler and slightly slower than the recorded version but brilliant, nevertheless.

...fingers crossed.

Posted by: MacPhisto ()
Date: July 10, 2009 00:42

There are some mighty fine videos now available from Munich and Frankfurt.

Some of them have already been dubbed with the available bootlegs, as for example this video which just made my day :-))

---------------------------

edit: I recommend going to the youtube website to view it. It's much bigger there!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-10 00:46 by MacPhisto.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: July 10, 2009 00:54

Great to see him using the teleprompter behind the cardboard.
It´s all sooooo improvised. Yawn.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: July 10, 2009 01:49

TooTough

The engineers had enough time to find the lirycs on the web and put them on the prompther while the band was rehearsing the chords. Put more trust in modern technology TooTough smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: July 10, 2009 02:45

<<Denmark 7/8>>

A few impressions from last night...

Went together with some fifteen friends and acquaintances in daily life being anything from bankers, students, drifters and jesters. Bruce-wise ranging from die hards, skeptics and to those just plain ignorant - I personally would fit into the last two categories

The weather wasn't that good. A bit windy and it started to rain a bit near the end. It took forever to get in. The beer was warm and thin. The sound was quite muddy hear and there. Anyway we all had a blast

Really cool to start things of by an ancient Danish folk song, although it might have been a bit too obscure as the crowd didn't really react to it, which seemed to slightly baffle Nils Lofgren

Can't say I knew all the songs. In fact the only Bruce-stuff I'm familiar with comes from his seventies output, as that was the songs my mom and dad used to listen to when I was a kid. However it was nice for a change to go to a concert being completely in the dark as to whether specific songs were being performed to the letter...or as good as somewhere x years ago

The crowd appeared very responsive throughout. Personally I thought the first 8-10 songs sounded a bit thin, but after that the bass became increasingly present in the mix, and things improved a lot. He really impressed me, when audible. The same with the sax-man. Lotsa soul. A joy whenever he took a solo. The cover of Mony Mony was a riot

The encores or whatever you wanna call it - as they never left the stage - was nothing short of brilliant. Loose, playful and joyful. Always great to see a band thoroughly enjoying what they are doing. Including Hard Times Come Again No More, which is such a lovely song, was a pretty cool choice, and the rendition was probably the highlight of the entire concert for me. Done with lots of soul and passion. So was the folk song that followed

Can't say the concert converted me or anything, but a very enjoyable evening indeed

Date: July 10, 2009 03:03

Nice review Sohoe. Glad you enjoyed the show.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: July 10, 2009 09:12

Bruce playing one of the smaller rooms. Mellon Arena Pittsburgh May 2009.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 10, 2009 11:31

Nikolai
Gazza
sweetcharmedlife

Saw him play it at Hyde Park. A real highlight. Never has such a massive venue felt so intimate.

I presume that's 'Trapped' youre referring to! I meant 'Price You Pay'....

Date: July 10, 2009 16:30

Rumours of a show in Tampa in late Sept.Mentioned on a local radio station according to someone on Backstreets.

Posted by: birdie ()
Date: July 10, 2009 21:39

TooTough

No kidding. He asked for the words. The song was obviously improvised.

Date: July 10, 2009 22:49

Gazza
Nikolai
Gazza
sweetcharmedlife

I presume that's 'Trapped' youre referring to! I meant 'Price You Pay'....

Indeed. The Hyde Park gig wasn't the best I've seen him, but there were still plenty of highlights, Trapped being one of them. Racing In The Street the other, Jungleland was perfect. And that blistering version of Seeds too ...

Date: July 12, 2009 01:02

Dublin #1 7/11

1. Who'll Stop the Rain
2.Badlands
3.Cover Me
4.Lucky Day
5.Outlaw Pete
6.Out in the Street
7. Workin' On A Dream
8. Seeds
9. Johnny 99
10.Ghost of Tom Joad
11.Raise your Hand sign collecting
13.You can look but you better not touch
14.Seven nights to Rock
15.For You
16.Thunder Road
17.Because the Night
18.Waitin on a sunny day
19.Promised Land
20.The River
21.Kingdom of Days
22.Lonesome Day
23.The Rising
24.Born to Run
25.Hard Times
26.Tenth Avenue Freeze Out
27.American Land
28.Bobby Jean
29.Dancing in the Rain(DARK)
30.Ramrod
31.Twist & Shout

A long wet one for Gazza today.smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-12 18:16 by sweetcharmedlife.

Posted by: textmonkey ()
Date: July 12, 2009 04:55

Just in from this gig in Dublin. Bloody horrible weather. Himself was on fire, the brother came along for his first Bruce gig and was blown away.

3 hours, 29 songs...hardest working man in showbiz.

Date: July 12, 2009 12:19

"E Street Shuffle" wasn't played last night (unfortunately). Here's the correct setlist from Backstreets.com:

[Nils solo accordion intro]
Who'll Stop the Rain
Badlands
Cover Me
My Lucky Day
Outlaw Pete
Out in the Street
Working on a Dream
Seeds
Johnny 99
The Ghost of Tom Joad
Raise Your Hand (instrumental)
You Can Look (But You Better Not Touch) (tour premiere)
Seven Nights to Rock
For You
Thunder Road
Because the Night
Waitin' on a Sunny Day
The Promised Land
The River
Kingdom of Days
Lonesome Day
The Rising
Born to Run

Hard Times
Tenth Avenue Freeze-out (w/ Jake Clemons)
American Land (w/ Evan Springsteen)
Bobby Jean
Dancing in the Dark
Ramrod
Twist and Shout

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-12 20:55 by OhNoNotMeAgain.

Date: July 12, 2009 18:26

I wasn't aware of a Christopher Clemmons. I did read once, many years ago, where Clarence's brother was a leader for one of the US Marine Corp bands

Date: July 12, 2009 20:54

Chris Fountain
I wasn't aware of a Christopher Clemmons. I did read once, many years ago, where Clarence's brother was a leader for one of the US Marine Corp bands

Backstreets.com have corrected that bit, and so have I in my setlist posting. It wasn't Christopher Clemons, but the Big Man's nephew Jake on sax during "10th Ave".

Date: July 12, 2009 21:08

OhNoNotMeAgain
Chris Fountain

Backstreets.com have corrected that bit, and so have I in my setlist posting. It wasn't Christopher Clemons, but the Big Man's nephew Jake on sax during "10th Ave".

Thanks for the clarification. It's astonishing that Clarence's brother is a great musician in his own right while engaging a completely different style of music.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-12 21:09 by Chris Fountain.

Date: July 13, 2009 01:26

Dublin #2 7/12

Intro: Nils - Fields of Athenry

1. No Surrender
2. Badlands
3. Night
4. My Lucky Day
5. Outlaw Pete
6. Hungry Heart
7. Working On A Dream
8. Seeds
9. Johnny 99
10. Youngstown
11. Darkness On The Edge Of Town
-collectign signs to Raise Your Hand-
12. Spirit In The Night (Request)
13. Sherry Darling (Request)
14. Proud Mary (Request)
15. Prove It All Night
16. Trapped
17. Waitin' On A Sunny Day
18. The Promised Land
19. Radio Nowhere
20. AMERICAN SKIN (41 SHOTS)
21. Lonesome Day
22. The Rising
23. Born To Run

24. Jungleland
25. American Land
26. Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
27. Glory Days
28. Dancing in the Dark
29. Twist and Shout

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: July 13, 2009 02:36

Dublin #2 7/12
20. AMERICAN SKIN (41 SHOTS)
another piss break song, thought we had seen the last of this garbage lol

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 39

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1950
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home