Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 39
Re: OT:Bruce Springsteen Setlists 2009
Posted by: stones_serb ()
Date: July 13, 2009 02:54

Slick

Dublin #2 7/12
20. AMERICAN SKIN (41 SHOTS)
another piss break song, thought we had seen the last of this garbage lol

I love that song.I hope I get to hear it in about a week when I get to see him in Rome.I just wonder why some people detest that song.Is it because it criticizes one segment of American society?I don't see what's wrong with that.In fact the song's message is universal and it could be applied to many other countries as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-13 02:55 by stones_serb.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: July 13, 2009 05:40

stones_serb
Slick

Dublin #2 7/12

I love that song.I hope I get to hear it in about a week when I get to see him in Rome.I just wonder why some people detest that song.Is it because it criticizes one segment of American society?I don't see what's wrong with that.In fact the song's message is universal and it could be applied to many other countries as well.

well said, me serbian friend

Posted by: OhNoNotMeAgain ()
Date: July 13, 2009 20:05

Slick

Dublin #2 7/12

With this kind of attitude, I'd suggest you better stay home and take your piss breaks there.

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: July 13, 2009 20:23

Off to see him tomorrow in Glasgow for the first time. Would love some advice about the following:
What time should I get there? I'm assuming he will play from about 8pm.
Do the stadiums tend to fill up early. Its a Tuesday and I have work then
baby-sitter to wait for.
Is it easy to manouvre your way relatively close to the front of the pitch without being an ar**hole.
Is the merchandise any good? I am sick of buying expensive tour t-shirts which shrink on the first wash (shame on you AC/DC).

I know Hampden well (I'm from Glasgow). Its the Springsteen schedule/fans etc I am unsure about

Oh and Gazza, have you made any plans. Are you heading for the Solid Rock?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-13 20:25 by letitloose.

Posted by: skelly ()
Date: July 13, 2009 23:00

letitloose
Off to see him tomorrow in Glasgow for the first time. Would love some advice about the following:
baby-sitter to wait for.
Is it easy to manouvre your way relatively close to the front of the pitch without being an ar**hole.
Is the merchandise any good? I am sick of buying expensive tour t-shirts which shrink on the first wash (shame on you AC/DC).

I know Hampden well (I'm from Glasgow). Its the Springsteen schedule/fans etc I am unsure about

Oh and Gazza, have you made any plans. Are you heading for the Solid Rock?

From what I hear the show should be on for about 3 hours and Hampden are quite strict about an 11 o'clock finish - I'd expect him to be on just before 8. I'm like you, heading in after work (in Edinburgh) and waiting on my mum to arrive and babysit, I'll try and get there for 7.

I think I've bust a button on my trousers....

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: July 13, 2009 23:33

Hi Skelly, hope you enjoy the show. We should both make sure to post reviews.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: July 14, 2009 14:49

letitloose
baby-sitter to wait for.

You should be there early to be in the FOS area (I queued in Vienna since about 2.30 p.m.) The FOS is qiute large, so a lot of people will get in, but I am pretty sure that if you don't come before the gates open (5 p.m?) you will not be in the FOS.
Enjoy the show with Gazza!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-14 14:49 by Happy24.

O/T Bruce Springsteen & The E-Street Band,The RDS,Dublin,July 2009
Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: July 14, 2009 11:17

Hello,

A few from the best weekend!

Cheers,

Si.

Re: O/T Bruce Springsteen & The E-Street Band,The RDS,Dublin,July 2009
Posted by: franzk ()
Date: July 14, 2009 11:28

Nice! I wish I was there. Especially on the 2nd night. The setlist looked awesome.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-14 11:29 by franzk.

Re: O/T Bruce Springsteen & The E-Street Band,The RDS,Dublin,July 2009
Posted by: stones_serb ()
Date: July 14, 2009 14:53

Beautiful!!!Can't wait until Sunday for my first Springsteen show.Thanks god Max is back on the drums for this part of the tour.I don't think that his son could hold a candle to him at this moment.

Re: OT:Bruce Springsteen 2009
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 14, 2009 17:32

Great pics Simon. Thanks for posting.

Date: July 14, 2009 18:11

New U.S. dates just announced:

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN & THE LEGENDARY E STREET BAND 2009 US TOUR DATES

19-Aug Hartford, CT Comcast Theater On Sale Now
22-Aug Mansfield, MA Comcast Center On Sale Now
23-Aug Mansfield, MA Comcast Center On Sale Now
25-Aug Saratoga Springs, NY Saratoga Performing Arts Center On Sale Now
10-Sep Nashville, TN Sommett Center 25-Jul
12-Sep Tampa, FL Ford Amphitheatre 24-Jul
13-Sep Ft. Lauderdale, FL Bank Atlantic Center 24-Jul
16-Sep Greenville, SC Bi-Lo Center 31-Jul
20-Sep Chicago, IL United Center 1-Aug
30-Sep East Rutherford, NJ Giants Stadium Sold out
2-Oct East Rutherford, NJ Giants Stadium Sold out
3-Oct East Rutherford, NJ Giants Stadium Sold out
8-Oct East Rutherford, NJ Giants Stadium On Sale Now
9-Oct East Rutherford, NJ Giants Stadium Sold out
13-Oct Philadelphia, PA Spectrum 27-Jul
14-Oct Philadelphia, PA Spectrum 27-Jul
25-Oct St. Louis, MO Scottrade Center 8-Aug
26-Oct Kansas City, MO Sprint Center 8-Aug
2-Nov Washington, D.C. Verizon Center TBA
3-Nov Charlotte, NC Time Warner Cable Arena 28-Aug
7-Nov New York, NY Madison Square Garden TBA
8-Nov New York, NY Madison Square Garden TBA
10-Nov Cleveland, OH Quicken Loans Arena 22-Aug
13-Nov Auburn Hills, MI Palace At Auburn Hills 22-Aug
15-Nov Milwaukee, WI Bradley Center 1-Aug

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: July 14, 2009 18:24

sweetcharmedlife
New U.S. dates just announced:

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN & THE LEGENDARY E STREET BAND 2009 US TOUR DATES

19-Aug Hartford, CT Comcast Theater On Sale Now
22-Aug Mansfield, MA Comcast Center On Sale Now
23-Aug Mansfield, MA Comcast Center On Sale Now
25-Aug Saratoga Springs, NY Saratoga Performing Arts Center On Sale Now
10-Sep Nashville, TN Sommett Center 25-Jul
12-Sep Tampa, FL Ford Amphitheatre 24-Jul
13-Sep Ft. Lauderdale, FL Bank Atlantic Center 24-Jul
16-Sep Greenville, SC Bi-Lo Center 31-Jul
20-Sep Chicago, IL United Center 1-Aug
30-Sep East Rutherford, NJ Giants Stadium Sold out
2-Oct East Rutherford, NJ Giants Stadium Sold out
3-Oct East Rutherford, NJ Giants Stadium Sold out
8-Oct East Rutherford, NJ Giants Stadium On Sale Now
9-Oct East Rutherford, NJ Giants Stadium Sold out
13-Oct Philadelphia, PA Spectrum 27-Jul
14-Oct Philadelphia, PA Spectrum 27-Jul
25-Oct St. Louis, MO Scottrade Center 8-Aug
26-Oct Kansas City, MO Sprint Center 8-Aug
2-Nov Washington, D.C. Verizon Center TBA
3-Nov Charlotte, NC Time Warner Cable Arena 28-Aug
7-Nov New York, NY Madison Square Garden TBA
8-Nov New York, NY Madison Square Garden TBA
10-Nov Cleveland, OH Quicken Loans Arena 22-Aug
13-Nov Auburn Hills, MI Palace At Auburn Hills 22-Aug
15-Nov Milwaukee, WI Bradley Center 1-Aug

Ft Lauderdale Sept. 13 Guess who will be there kicking some you know what?? YES

Date: July 14, 2009 18:54

Good for you Chris. Looks like I'm gonna have to hit the road again if I'm going to see more shows.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-15 01:27 by sweetcharmedlife.

Date: July 15, 2009 01:28

Glasgow 7/14

Flower of Scotland - Nils (TBC)

1. Badlands
2. Out in the Street
3. My Lucky Day
4. She's the One
5. Outlaw Pete
6. Working on the Highway
7. Working on a Dream
8. Seeds
9. Johnny 99
10. Atlantic City
11. Raise Your Hand (Instrumental Gathering Signs)
12. Incident on 57th Street - Full Band
13. PINK CADILLAC
14. Cover Me
15. Waitin' on a Sunny Day
16. The Promised Land
17. The River
18. Kingdom of Days
19. Radio Nowhere
20. Lonesome Day
21. The Rising
22. Born to Run

23. Hard Times
24. Thunder Road
25. American Land
26. Bobby Jean (Now they're payin for Incident)
27. Dancing in the Dark (See above re: Incident)
28. Twist & Shout

Looks like another good one for everyone who went to Glasgow. Even in the rain. Can't wait to hear from a soggy Gazza.winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-15 01:45 by sweetcharmedlife.

Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: July 15, 2009 01:43

ye this is way out of topic !
get to another webside! smiling smiley

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: July 15, 2009 05:02

Opinions posted for this particular show will be interesting.

No matter what, K some A JR

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-15 05:10 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: silverstones69 ()
Date: July 15, 2009 05:40

For the Bruce fans in the USA, can you please help clarify a question for me -

Looking at the tour dates posted above, is he simply "super popular" in New York area?

He plays like 5 shows @ Giants & 2 shows @ MSG, [I think these 2 venues are fairly close to one another?], and that would be about 400000+ people wouldn't it? Just in the one part of the US of A.

In all the other areas he is lucky to be doing 1 or 2 at most, as arena shows which I assume are the regular 15000 - 25000 seaters? Example 1 show in Chicago & 1 show in Washington etc.

Sorry if I have missed something, but I can only read the above dates as he being "The 1 & Only Boss Of NY" where everyone must love him & everywhere else he would be a regular size act.

Just trying to get some more accurate clarification on The Boss's fan base in the USA.

I know he is huge everywhere, but that ratio of about 20 to 1 seems to be quite extraordinary.

I find this interesting, any info would be appreciated from any Boss fans on IORR.

Thanks

Silverstones

Date: July 15, 2009 06:15

silverstones69
For the Bruce fans in the USA, can you please help clarify a question for me -

Looking at the tour dates posted above, is he simply "super popular" in New York area?

He plays like 5 shows @ Giants & 2 shows @ MSG, [I think these 2 venues are fairly close to one another?], and that would be about 400000+ people wouldn't it? Just in the one part of the US of A.

In all the other areas he is lucky to be doing 1 or 2 at most, as arena shows which I assume are the regular 15000 - 25000 seaters? Example 1 show in Chicago & 1 show in Washington etc.

Sorry if I have missed something, but I can only read the above dates as he being "The 1 & Only Boss Of NY" where everyone must love him & everywhere else he would be a regular size act.

Just trying to get some more accurate clarification on The Boss's fan base in the USA.

I know he is huge everywhere, but that ratio of about 20 to 1 seems to be quite extraordinary.

I find this interesting, any info would be appreciated from any Boss fans on IORR.

Thanks

Silverstones

Yes Silverstones. You are quite correct in your assesment. Yes,Bruce is from New Jersey. The east coast of the United States and most of his tours feature more shows in that area than others. But the announcement today of more shows in the U.S. has left even the most seasoned Springsteen fan scratching our heads. Yes he is very popular in the east. But the fact is,he has also had trouble selling shows here in the states and some of the major markets on the east coast have been saturated with Springsteen shows in recent years. Yes, he lives in New Jersey and has children that are attending school back there. But,the fact that he completely ignored the west coast in today's announcement of shows is very puzzling. He hasn't done a show in the Pacific Northwest the entire tour. He started the tour on the west coast and traditionally, California,both north and south have been very strong markets for him. Hopefully with the number of open dates still in the schedule and rumours of the tour ending in LA (A lot better than Milwaukee) he will get back to the west coast.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-15 06:59 by sweetcharmedlife.

Date: July 15, 2009 06:55

Thanks very much Sweetcharmedlife.

That makes clear sense to me.

I do agree with you however, that his choice of tour stops must be a bit confusing for all you US Boss fans if he tends to always ignore some areas & go heavy on others. I can only assume he would sell loads of tickets if he decided to get out to areas like the Pacific Northwest & back to the West Coast.

As you say, with the open dates left, I would place a bet he will be heading back to LA again.

Thanks again mate, that was some good information I was seeking an answer for & you were a great help.

Cheers

Date: July 15, 2009 07:05

silverstones69

I do agree with you however, that his choice of tour stops must be a bit confusing for all you US Boss fans if he tends to always ignore some areas & go heavy on others. I can only assume he would sell loads of tickets if he decided to get out to areas like the Pacific Northwest & back to the West Coast.

As you say, with the open dates left, I would place a bet he will be heading back to LA again.

Thanks again mate, that was some good information I was seeking an answer for & you were a great help.

Cheers

Cheers to you as well mate...As you can see,my passion for Springsteen is quite great....and while I my complain about his current tour schedule...I am also checking out airfares to see what cities I can get to.smiling smiley

Date: July 15, 2009 07:33

bruce is a touring machine at the moment..

Date: July 15, 2009 08:13

sweetcharmedlife
silverstones69

Cheers

Cheers to you as well mate...As you can see,my passion for Springsteen is quite great....and while I my complain about his current tour schedule...I am also checking out airfares to see what cities I can get to.smiling smiley

I hope you get to many more Boss concerts SCL. Bruce would be my number 2 right behind the Stones & next to Alice Cooper.

I remember when he last played Australia & in our 2 biggest cities [Sydney & Melbourne], he did 2 massive shows in each city at around 50000 each, but when he moved up to Brisbane [our 3rd biggest city], he was set to play a 45000 seater, but only moved about 10000 or so tickets, so they moved it to the indoor arena which of course was an instant 12000 sell out. They then added another show for 12000 more & he ended up playing the second show to reports of about 4000 or 5000. Apparently he took a hit on that leg of the Brisbane tour.

Funny how some markets are massive & others not so far away can be just luke warm. Same goes for the Stones I guess.

One thing is for sure, he always puts on one hell of a live show. Love him.

Best of luck with those extra shows you are looking into Sweetcharmedlife - I hope you make it.

Date: July 15, 2009 15:22

Hello,

Some show-thanks again to all the band!

Cheers,

Si.

Date: July 15, 2009 17:32

Hey nice pics as always Si...Good to see the big man actually standing upright. Reports of his demise have been greatly exaggerated.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: July 15, 2009 19:28

Many thanks for the great Dublin pics, Simon!

It was great to meet up with Gazza, SimonN, McCawber K, and numerous other IORReans over the weekend, not to mention the many other Boss fans who I'd become acquinted with over so many years, all of whom chose Dublin as an important alcohol-friendly stop on the tour.

However, although Bruce gave us two wonderful shows (including a maginificent rendition of For You on the Sunday night), he desperately needs to rip out his pathetic sound system and start all over again with a new one. I was in the pit for both nights but for the first hour of each of these shows it was like we were listening to the stage monitors.

AC/DC it wasn't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-15 19:29 by LOGIE.

Posted by: Ged Rambler ()
Date: July 15, 2009 22:34

HAMPDEN PARK - 14TH July.

When you drive 260 miles to a gig,it had better be worthwhile - and last night was worth every single mile it took to get there.

Managed to get in the front of stage area about 25 feet from the front.

The start almost took me by surprise - some of the road crew were still on stage when Nils strolled out playing 'Flower of Scotland' - much to the delight of the crowd.
After that,from Badlands through to Twist & Shout the show was an absolute joy.Great moment during 'Waitin on a sunny day' when Bruce picked out a little girl in a pink top in the crowd & she sang along to great applause.
Even the rain cleared off when the band came on stage.

The E-Street band are a 'band on fire' - playing with a passion & a hunger like their lives depended on it & this enthusiasm certainly rubs off on the crowd.What a great crowd in Glasgow - everybody really into the show.

It has to be said,in my humble opinion,that this is surely the best value for money show on the planet at £55 for a ticket & 3 hours of pure brilliance.Bruce & the E-Street band have raised the bar to a new level - the sheer energy of the show is mind blowing.Coupled with that - here is a man who does'nt give a stuff about set lists - almost anything can happen - he knows exactly what his audience wants & is able to deliver time & time again.

I love the Stones dearly,but in some ways they have lost the plot - surely it is not beyond a band who has spent the best part of 50 years on the road to at least follow Bruce's lead with the set lists.Come the next tour,there will be the inevitable moaning about the war horses - we all know that won't change - it can't - the majority going through the gate are'nt die hards,so thats what they go to hear.All the same - time to mix it up a bit Mick & Keith - it aint rocket science.
As for last night - thank you Bruce,thank you E-Street band & thank you Glasgow for an unforgettable night.When Jon Landau said ' I have seen the future of Rock n Roll,& his name is Bruce Springsteen' - seems he was right - from what I saw last night - this is Rock n Roll EVEREST.

Posted by: CaledonianGonzo ()
Date: July 15, 2009 22:52

Sadly, outwith the arena, the crowd were, in parts, pretty awful.

We had to move four times to get away from idiots, e.g. the folk who spent the first 20 minutes or so singing different songs to the ones coming from the stage - Summer of '69, Mustang Sally, etc.

Then there was the guy guy who kept chanting 'Play something we f*cking know' and starting up singing 'Born In the USA' on his own when he relaised that he didn't know what was coming from the stage - time and time again.

And the woman who kept falling over and nearly dragged my other half to the ground during The River, which was pretty much the song she most wanted to hear.

There was also a terrible echo from the back of the stands to the middle of the crowd as well. Combined with the puny volume levels, the band were getting drowned out by itself on occasion. I've heard about that problem with Hampden before, but it's the first time I've experienced it in the flesh.

Bruce and the band were on fire - but the experience itself was far from perfect. A better concert than AC/DC, but not as good a night out.

Posted by: birdie ()
Date: July 15, 2009 22:55

LOGIE
Many thanks for the great Dublin pics, Simon!

It was great to meet up with Gazza, SimonN, McCawber K, and numerous other IORReans over the weekend, not to mention the many other Boss fans who I'd become acquinted with over so many years, all of whom chose Dublin as an important alcohol-friendly stop on the tour.

However, although Bruce gave us two wonderful shows (including a maginificent rendition of For You on the Sunday night), he desperately needs to rip out his pathetic sound system and start all over again with a new one. I was in the pit for both nights but for the first hour of each of these shows it was like we were listening to the stage monitors.

AC/DC it wasn't.

As stated in a previous post, I wonder if the layout of the stadiums in Europe has something to do with the sound. I've seen Springsteen about 70 times from the BITUSA tour up until now.(arenas and stadiums.US only) The sound to me has always been very good to excellent. Even on this tour.And I have had seats in all different locations. Maybe it is the location. Some people have said the sound is bad and some said it is crystal clear. All at the same show. Who know's. At least the shows have been great.

Date: July 16, 2009 00:41

LOGIE
It was great to meet up with Gazza, SimonN, McCawber K, and numerous other IORReans over the weekend...
However, although Bruce gave us two wonderful shows (including a maginificent rendition of For You on the Sunday night), he desperately needs to rip out his pathetic sound system and start all over again with a new one.AC/DC it wasn't.

Hi Logie,

Right back at you,hah-hah!
Great to meet you and Jan again,and meeting up with other like-minded loons too.
I'd agree re Bruce's ropey sound for the fist 7 songs or so on Dublin 1,but I had no problems with Dublin 2 or Glasgow.
I'd imagine Mr. Cohen's sound was immaculate?

Cheers,

Si.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 39

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1876
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home