Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 39
Re: OT:Bruce Springsteen Setlists 2009
Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: June 17, 2009 23:41

sweetcharmedlife
Bonnaroo 6/13
1. Badlands (w/Max)
2. No Surrender
3. My Lucky Day
4. Outlaw Pete
5. Out In The Street
6. Working On A Dream
7. Seeds
8. Johnny 99
9. Youngstown
collecting signs
10. Raise Your Hand
11. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town (lifesize request)
12. Growin' Up (request)
13. Thunder Road (request)
14. Waitin' On A Sunny Day
15. The Promised Land
16. The River
17. Kingdom of Days
18. Radio Nowhere (w/Jay)
19. Lonesome Day
20. The Rising
21. Born To Run

22 Hard Times
23. 10th Ave Freeze Out
24. Land Of Hope & Dreams
25. American Land
26. Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
27. Glory Days
28. Dancing In The Dark

Our very own Lukester,not only in the house,but working the event. Let's hope luke limited his involvement to driving the stars around and not giving tax advice.winking smiley...Two week break,then back to Europe for Glasto.

Excellent show. I was working and missed the first three songs. I was on stage for some of the acts, but got there too late for Bruce. I was out in the crowd. This was also the most sober I've been at a Bruce show. I met some people who said they were just watching the show just to say they saw him, then they got hooked and loved it. One guy said, now I know why they call him "the Boss." Bruce brought his "A game" to Bonnaroo. He really entertained the crowd a lot and it looked like the band was really putting everything into it. Lots of smiling.

Also as luck would have it, I heard that Bruce was hanging out the next day backstage at Neko Case's show, just minutes after I left. Dang it!!

I was listening when he guested with Phish. I was too relaxed (lazy) to get up and go watch him.

Too bad about those 'shrooms getting confiscated.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 18, 2009 05:39

Hey thanks for the first hand account Lukester. On the surface it looks like an average Springsteen setlist. But reading accounts from fans who were actually at the show. As well as some good media reviews. Proves that you can't judge a setlist or show from reading about it. Nice to hear you had a good time at Bonnarooce.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: June 28, 2009 02:40

Glastonbury 6/27

1. Coma Girl
2. Badlands
3. Prove It All Night
4. My Lucky Day
5. Outlaw Pete
6. Out In The Street
7. Working On A Dream
8. Seeds
9. Johnny 99
10. The Ghost Of Tom Joad
11. Raise Your Hand
12. Because The Night
13. No Surrender (W/ The Gaslight Anthem)
15. The Promised Land
16. The River
17. Radio Nowhere
18. Lonesome Day
19. The Rising
20. Born To Run

21. Hard Times
22. Thunder Road
23. Land Of Hope And Dreams
24. American Land
25. Glory Days
26. Dancing In The Dark

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-28 03:32 by sweetcharmedlife.

Posted by: fiftyamp ()
Date: June 28, 2009 05:10

Love that he opened with Joe Strummer's Coma Girl

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: June 28, 2009 05:40

Time to retire "Outlaw Pete" and put 2 other new songs in its place.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: June 28, 2009 11:03

Cool and unexpected opener and of course Outlaw Pete stays in the setlist since it's a fine song and the crowd like it.

Posted by: MacPhisto ()
Date: June 28, 2009 11:48

An HD-DVD of the BBC TV broadcast (13 songs) + Bruce's guest appearance with The Gaslight Anthem is now available down in Jungleland...

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: June 28, 2009 11:57

Watched Bruce at Glastonbury on tv last night. F-ing brilliant!

Posted by: OhNoNotMeAgain ()
Date: June 28, 2009 13:34

According to the rave reviews on Greasy Lake, Glasto appears to have been a killer performance. A few BBC videos are still available on YouTube, but I guess they'll be taken down real soon:

"Badlands"

"Working On A Dream"

"The River" (Bruce is really "smokin'" here!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-28 13:35 by OhNoNotMeAgain.

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: June 28, 2009 13:36

Am going to see him at Hyde Park tonight, and I have to say, for me it's one of my most eagarly anticipated gigs ever. I saw him at the O2 arena Dec 2007 and thought it was great but didn't know much of his material, but since then i've really got into him and i'm now a huge fan, so I really can't wait for tonight...

Saw some glasto footage last night - mesmerising...

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: June 28, 2009 13:50

Mr Jimmy
Am going to see him at Hyde Park tonight, and I have to say, for me it's one of my most eagarly anticipated gigs ever. I saw him at the O2 arena Dec 2007 and thought it was great but didn't know much of his material, but since then i've really got into him and i'm now a huge fan, so I really can't wait for tonight...

I'm going too. We'll compare notes later. Based on last night's performance, this should be the bollocks.

Posted by: MacPhisto ()
Date: June 28, 2009 14:22

Nikolai
Mr Jimmy

I'm going too. We'll compare notes later. Based on last night's performance, this should be the bollocks.

I hope you have a great time (well, little doubt about that)! Don't forget share your impressions with us! I would really like to read your reports. :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-28 14:24 by MacPhisto.

Date: June 28, 2009 19:58

Enjoy the show tonight fellas. Gazza is there as well. IORR will be well represented.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 28, 2009 20:10

Coma Girl is very close to the E.Street Band genre. Nice choice.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: June 28, 2009 20:34

earlier this afternoon at Hyde Park, he guested during
The Gaslight Anthem's set.

Date: June 29, 2009 00:11

Hyde Park Calling 6/28

Looks like a good one at Hyde Park for Gazza:

1. London Calling
2. Badlands
3. Night
4. She's The One
5. Outlaw Pete
6. Out In The Street
7. Working On A Dream (sea of arms-like a house party in the Queen's garden- simply amazing!)
8. Seeds
9. Johnny 99
10. Youngstown
Good Lovin'
11. Bobby Jean (request)
12. Trapped (request)
13. No Surrender (w/Brian Fallon from Gaslight Anthem)
15. The Promised Land
16. Racing In The Street (request)
17. Radio Nowhere
18. Lonesome Day
19. The Rising
20. Born To Run
21. Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)

22. Hard Times
23. Jungleland (request)
24. American Land
25. Glory Days (What time is it? Curfew breaking Boss time!!)
26. Dancin' In The Dark

Looks like an outstanding show in London tonight.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-30 17:43 by sweetcharmedlife.

Posted by: LastStopThisTown ()
Date: June 29, 2009 01:38

value for money - what's that 2.5 hrs set?

Date: June 29, 2009 02:37

LastStopThisTown
value for money - what's that 2.5 hrs set?

Nearly three hours. On at 7:13 off at 10:10. According to Backstreets.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: June 29, 2009 03:39

DAMN! Jungleland AND Racing in the Street....I feel ripped off!

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: June 29, 2009 04:02

Woah...

Absolutely beautiful, emotional, inspirational, fantastic night at Hyde Park.

My second Bruce show, and I'm now officially a HUGE HUGE fan. It blew me away. Had eyes welling up a few times, was just such a joy to see them on stage, played from 19:10 to 22:05, that's two hours and fifty-five minutes of rock 'n' roll, with no break.

This man just writes great music with words the world can relate to. We've all been there, broken hearted, jobless, etc...

Sublime setlist. Bobby Jean was lovely, Promised Land, Out In The Street, No Surrender, JUNGLELAND!!!! So many songs were more than outstanding it's hard to pick out highlights. Waiting on a sunny day was great. I really got a kick out of being close enough to see the interaction within the band, especially watching Bruce direct the band into the next song, and showing the band the request signs and pointing to them, as if to say, THIS IS NEXT!! ONE TWO THREE FOUR....!! and then they launch into a wonderful version of a wonderful song...

Can't really say too much more, words don't really do this show justice.

I'm just blown away. One of the best nights i've ever had. Thankyou Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band...!!

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Date: June 29, 2009 05:55

Nice review Mr Jimmy. Glad to hear the show was as good as the setlist looked.

Posted by: fiftyamp ()
Date: June 29, 2009 07:38

Hardest working man in RnR today

Posted by: Sjouke ()
Date: June 29, 2009 12:05

Really looking forward to see him in Bern tomorrow...

sjouke

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: June 29, 2009 12:47

Nice Hyde Park review, Mr Jimmy...sounds like it was an absolute cracker!

Can't wait for Dublin!

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 29, 2009 15:41

For summer vacation this year, I am taking the family to Vienna for the first time. What a coincidence, Bruce is playing at Ersnt Happel Stadium! What a coincidence, I have 4 tickets!

Date: June 29, 2009 19:02

drbryant
For summer vacation this year, I am taking the family to Vienna for the first time. What a coincidence, Bruce is playing at Ersnt Happel Stadium! What a coincidence, I have 4 tickets!

I'll be there too. This is going to be my 14th Springsteen show. Less than a week to go...

BTW, Vienna is a beautiful city I'm sure you guys will enjoy. I know, because I live here.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: June 30, 2009 14:04

according to Monday's London evening newspapers, Jon Bon Jovi, was left bitterly disappointed in the wings, at Hard Rock Calling,
when his planned duet with Bruce, "Hungry Heart" had to be cut, due to time constraints and the strict Hyde Park curfew.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 30, 2009 14:42

Well, I suppose for starters youd have to say its 27 songs as they did actually perform "Good Lovin' " in full. Bruce also guested earlier in the afternoon on '59 Sound' with Gaslight Anthem as he'd done at Glastonbury the day before.

To say he conquered the often cynical UK festival circuit over the weekend would be an understatement. The 90 minutes that the BBC showed of Glastonbury on Saturday night (even though it was delayed and hardly on at peak time plus the fact that they had multiple interactive channels and hundreds of staff present on their annual junket at the license payers expense, they reckoned that a 160 minute set from the headline attraction was "too long" to be shown in full) was an impressive enough appetizer for a highly energetic Sunday show at Hyde Park, which clocked in at about six minutes shy of three hours. (Although having read the above post, this may be the first time ever I've been to a Bruce show where I'm glad it didnt go on any longer than it did).

I really dont know where he gets the energy from. As he reminded us at one point, "I'm @#$%&' SIXTY!". This was one of the best shows I've seen from him, and after a few shows early on the tour where I thought they were taking a bit of time to find their feet and pace things as they should and where I though his voice sounded like it needed a longer rest after the last tour, this show (my first this year) was very much on a par with last year's Magic tour (which I thought were the best shows I've seen since 1981).

Highlights were a great choice of 'London Calling' to open (I should have guessed he'd have started with that) which the crowd went nuts to, the superb 'depression'; trilogy about a third of the way through (Seeds/Johnny 99/Youngstown). a glorious 'Racing In the Street' where he managed to achieve the near impossible by keeping a raucous festival crowd paying rapt attention for about 9 minutes, a beautiful gospel flavoured arrangement of 'Hard Times' and what appeared to BOTH be unplanned performances of 'Rosalita' and 'Jungleland'.

The crowds really lapped it up. I was a bit dubious about him playing festivals but its great to see a crowd which has a higher percentage of first timers 'getting it'. I was at the Saturday night show at Hyde Park too (what a moment to see Macca singing 'A Day In the Life' with Neil Young) and the whole thing was easily the most enjoyable and best organised festival I've ever been at.

Bruce should definitely now have opening acts at his show. Whilst Glasto was a genuine festival where the tickets were sold prior to the acts being confirmed, Hyde Park on Sunday was basically a Bruce show with four opening acts. Surely preferable to getting into a pit early and then waiting four hours for the show to start with only barely audible piped music for company. This was a far more enjoyable way to wait for his set and its also a good way for him to properly champion acts like the excellent Gaslight Anthem to an audience who may not have previously been aware of them. They certainly won me over as a fan with that performance.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 30, 2009 14:50

Chris Fountain
Coma Girl is very close to the E.Street Band genre. Nice choice.

At first I thought 'Coma Girl' a really odd choice of song to open with at Glastonbury, then listening to those lyrics yesterday on the way home about "playing a festival way out west' it made perfect sense.

Plus, Glastonbury is not only in the 'west country' but its actually in Somerset. The same county where Joe died in seven years ago.

I was crawling through a festival way out west
i was thinking about love and the acid test
but first i got real dizzy with a real rockin' gang
then i saw the coma girl, and the excitement gang

and the rain came in from the wide blue yonder
through all the stages, i wandered

oh coma girl, and the excitment gang
mona lisa, on a motorcylce gang
coma girl, coma girl

The coma girl was beating with the oil drum gang
some fast food fanatic was burning down a burger van
somebody was waling off their head
oh!
Nobody was rippin the teen scene dead

and the rain, came in from the wide blue yonder
i thought you and me might wander...

oh coma girl, and the excitement gang
mona lisa, on a motorcycle gang
coma girl, coma girl, on a motorcycle gang

And then the nineteenth hour was falling upon desolation row
some outlaw band, had the last drop on the go
lets siphon up some gas!! lets get this show on the road!!
said the coma girl, to the excitement gang
Into action , everybody sprang
and the oil drums were beating out, doolang, doolang

coma girl and the excitment gang
mona lisa on a motorcycle gang

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-30 15:44 by Gazza.

Date: June 30, 2009 15:26

Adrian-L
according to Monday's London evening newspapers, Jon Bon Jovi, was left bitterly disappointed in the wings, at Hard Rock Calling,
when his planned duet with Bruce, "Hungry Heart" had to be cut, due to time constraints and the strict Hyde Park curfew.

Lucky London Town! grinning smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 39

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1296
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home