Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 39
Re: OT:Bruce Springsteen Setlists 2009
Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: June 5, 2009 00:29

Great videos! Thank you for the link.

Posted by: honkytonkwomen ()
Date: June 5, 2009 10:32

A friend of mine is in Sweden for all 3 shows - he said, there are crazier peoples like Stonesfans. They was 3 day before on stadium for front row... Hehe!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 5, 2009 14:02

JK
I´m sure someone has posted this.. Cindy Mizelle (Steel Wheels tour) is singing backing vocals for Bruce.

yeah..she also sang on the Seeger sessions tour.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 5, 2009 16:10

Gazza
There was a PBS exclusive 5-track CD of the Seeger Sessions "Live In Dublin" shows,consisting entirely of songs which werent included on the double live CD.

Its pretty hard to get and finding it on e-bay will cost a packet. Absolutely superb EP though, including a glorious version of "Ghost of Tom Joad".

I thought I'd found a website not that long ago where you could still purchase this EP by donating $100 to PBS. I'll have to research again now, but I didn't do it because I couldn't justify the $100 for 5 songs of Bruce, as much as I love him. I mean it's not the Stones LOL

I'll have to look for one of those Promos as well - I really hate when artists do iTunes only crap. What about us hardcore album loving fans?!?!?!

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 5, 2009 16:23

VoodooLounge13
Gazza
There was a PBS exclusive 5-track CD of the Seeger Sessions "Live In Dublin" shows,consisting entirely of songs which werent included on the double live CD.

Its pretty hard to get and finding it on e-bay will cost a packet. Absolutely superb EP though, including a glorious version of "Ghost of Tom Joad".

I thought I'd found a website not that long ago where you could still purchase this EP by donating $100 to PBS. I'll have to research again now, but I didn't do it because I couldn't justify the $100 for 5 songs of Bruce, as much as I love him. I mean it's not the Stones LOL

I'll have to look for one of those Promos as well - I really hate when artists do iTunes only crap. What about us hardcore album loving fans?!?!?!

I understand, however, please keep the support for PBS, which is a good cause. They recently had a four part series covering the origins of Blues music. It was unbelievably moving. Also, it's neat to wake up early on a Sunday morning,turning on the tube to catch artists from the past such as Cheryl Lynn, Four Tops, etc... performing live. In addition, Austin City Limits has been a winner for the most part. Finally, PBS does a great job of presenting history overall.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-05 16:28 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: June 5, 2009 16:29

OhNoNotMeAgain
One more from Stockholm - "My Lucky Day":

[www.expressen.tv]-.

What a great video. Bruce seems to have some special relation to Sweden...However, from the video I can't help feeling like Bruce is constantly short of breath or I don't know how to say it bebetter. Just that his voice is not what it used to be.
Well, I have never seen him live unfortunately (and I am so much looking forward to July, when I will finaly see him), so I can only compare what I know from recordings. Just the last week I was watching the 1993 show from Stockholm and it is relly one of the best things I have seen ever. It would be even better if he played with the E-Street band, but it is still gret. His voice is just perfect, very strong.
The perfect song to compare is a classic - Born to Run. All the versions after 2000 seem to me like he is more whispering than singing, the 1993 version is so much better.
Don't get me wrong, I don't want to bash Bruce, I am happy as a little kid before Christmas that I will finally see him.
Anyway, now the question to the ones who have seen him during the years...is my impression correct, or am I wrong?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-05 16:42 by Happy24.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 5, 2009 17:04

Chris Fountain
VoodooLounge13
Gazza

I understand, however, please keep the support for PBS, which is a good cause. They recently had a four part series covering the origins of Blues music. It was unbelievably moving. Also, it's neat to wake up early on a Sunday morning,turning on the tube to catch artists from the past such as Cheryl Lynn, Four Tops, etc... performing live. In addition, Austin City Limits has been a winner for the most part. Finally, PBS does a great job of presenting history overall.

Chris - I could not agree with you more, my friend! Fantastic channel.

Posted by: stones_serb ()
Date: June 5, 2009 17:37

Does anybody know if Max will be back for July shows?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 5, 2009 17:41

Happy24
OhNoNotMeAgain
One more from Stockholm - "My Lucky Day":

[www.expressen.tv]-.

What a great video. Bruce seems to have some special relation to Sweden...However, from the video I can't help feeling like Bruce is constantly short of breath or I don't know how to say it bebetter. Just that his voice is not what it used to be.
Well, I have never seen him live unfortunately (and I am so much looking forward to July, when I will finaly see him), so I can only compare what I know from recordings. Just the last week I was watching the 1993 show from Stockholm and it is relly one of the best things I have seen ever. It would be even better if he played with the E-Street band, but it is still gret. His voice is just perfect, very strong.
The perfect song to compare is a classic - Born to Run. All the versions after 2000 seem to me like he is more whispering than singing, the 1993 version is so much better.
Don't get me wrong, I don't want to bash Bruce, I am happy as a little kid before Christmas that I will finally see him.
Anyway, now the question to the ones who have seen him during the years...is my impression correct, or am I wrong?

Well one reason might have been the weather. It was raining and about 43 fahrenheit. He still went on to play almost 3 hrs. I'm gonna guess his vopice got better and hopefully the weather will warm up as well. But yes the Swedes really love Bruce.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: June 5, 2009 20:09

I've been reading this thread a lot, because it's always fun to see what he comes up with for the setlist. I've seen quite a few songs from YouTube from the current tour, and every time I hear the same thing about the band and Bruce: It all sounds so friendly. I'm sorry and I don't mean to bash anybody or put down anyone, but I can't see what's so great about him in concerts. They have no crunch whatsoever and they don't knuckle down the grit and R 'n R. Seems like it's supposed to be good just because it's him doing it. It's not. It's like a badly rehearsed re-run. Kudos, of course, for doing the sign thing and all, but I haven't heard much I liked. The problem is that it stays on the same level all the time. Like the dynamics of a MP3 file. He doesn't pump it up, and every time he tries to, it doesn't sit right with my ears.

And again I must point out that I didn't mean to be a prick or to hassle anybody. I'm just telling what I feel is true. After all: This is not a Bruce Springsteen site. Nobody can expect 100% worshipping for this guy.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: June 5, 2009 20:14

JumpingKentFlash
I've been reading this thread a lot, because it's always fun to see what he comes up with for the setlist. I've seen quite a few songs from YouTube from the current tour, and every time I hear the same thing about the band and Bruce: It all sounds so friendly. I'm sorry and I don't mean to bash anybody or put down anyone, but I can't see what's so great about him in concerts. They have no crunch whatsoever and they don't knuckle down the grit and R 'n R. Seems like it's supposed to be good just because it's him doing it. It's not. It's like a badly rehearsed re-run. Kudos, of course, for doing the sign thing and all, but I haven't heard much I liked. The problem is that it stays on the same level all the time. Like the dynamics of a MP3 file. He doesn't pump it up, and every time he tries to, it doesn't sit right with my ears.

And again I must point out that I didn't mean to be a prick or to hassle anybody. I'm just telling what I feel is true. After all: This is not a Bruce Springsteen site. Nobody can expect 100% worshipping for this guy.

You ain't alone ! Bruce = zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 5, 2009 20:45

Great videos, thanks

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: June 5, 2009 20:55

socialdistortion
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Did you fall asleep reading one of your own posts.

Posted by: birdie ()
Date: June 5, 2009 23:03

JumpingKentFlash

I respect your opinion but you really need to go to a show and see for yourself. There is no better show. You really don't get the effect from a video.To say it stays on the same level really means you need to see a live show.All he does is pump it up for 3 hrs.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 5, 2009 23:24

I have to agree with birdie. Never saw Springsteen live until last saturday at the Pinkpop festival. He blew my mind off. That guy really is amazing

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: June 6, 2009 00:03

JumpingKentFlash

To each their own Kent. But at least you expressed yourself far more intelligently than those that just post zzzzzz.

Posted by: OhNoNotMeAgain ()
Date: June 6, 2009 00:35

Stockholm, night 2:

Idas Sommarvisa/Downbound Train
Badlands
My Lucky Day
Candy's Room
Outlaw Pete
Darlington County
Working On A Dream
Seeds
Johnny 99
Youngstown
La Bamba
Good Lovin'
Hungry Heart
Growin' Up
Thunder Road
Queen Of The Supermarket
Waitin' On A Sunny Day
The Promised Land
Lost In The Flood
Radio Nowhere
Lonesome Day
The Rising
Born To Run

Hard Times
Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
Land Of Hope And Dreams
American Land
Glory Days
Detroit Medley
Dancing In The Dark

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: June 6, 2009 00:37

JumpingKentFlash
MKjan
JumpingKentFlash

You ain't alone ! Bruce = zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I respect the man. Not for his "availability" or his "staying with the people", 'cause I don't care one iota about that. I respect him for being a decent musician that's much better than many others out there. But come to think of it: How many more songs do I need of Bruce tryin' to "feel" the songs by singing through his teeth and a balcony jaw??? The answer is none (And the Springsteen cheerleading section will prolly ask me how many more songs I'd need of Jagger doing the usual howl. The answer is: THOUSANDS). I have the Best Of collection (Called "The Essential Bruce Springsteen") and it's more than enough. Too much actually. And I have a DVD of the concert in MSG 2001 (I think). Good one, but the trouble about it is the same as I stated in my above post. But I have respect for him, because he's a working musician. Just like Bryan Adams and many others, but Bruce does it better. Still he's not good enough in my mind. Mainly because his songs lack in quality and that his live stuff isn't good enough.

BTW: What's up with Clarence Clemmons? Don't know much about him, but is he sick or something. In the DVD I have (2001) he seems in great shape, but on the current tour he's like an old man. What's up with him???

The Big Man had a hip replacement op a while back and moves about with some difficulty. He sits on a big gold throne when he's not taking his sax solos. Nils Lofgren also had a hip op after the Magic tour, but he's still doing the whirling dervish stuff.

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: June 6, 2009 00:40

OhNoNotMeAgain
Stockholm, night 2:

Badlands
My Lucky Day
Candy's Room
Outlaw Pete
Darlington County
Working On A Dream
Seeds
Johnny 99
Youngstown
La Bamba
Good Lovin'
Hungry Heart
Growin' Up
Thunder Road
Queen Of The Supermarket
Waitin' On A Sunny Day
The Promised Land
Lost In The Flood
Radio Nowhere
Lonesome Day
The Rising
Born To Run

Hard Times
Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
Land Of Hope And Dreams
American Land
Glory Days
Detroit Medley
Dancing In The Dark

OH NO! He's gone and done that @#$%& awful Queen of the Supermarket!!!! Poor Stockholm. I do believe he tortured them with the equally odious Car Wash too in 1999.

Thanks for posting this though.

Date: June 6, 2009 00:44

sweetcharmedlife
JumpingKentFlash

To each their own Kent. But at least you expressed yourself far more intelligently than those that just post zzzzzz.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz is very economical. It simply states that Bruce is boring, and he is.

Date: June 6, 2009 00:44

Nikolai
OhNoNotMeAgain
Stockholm, night 2:

Badlands
My Lucky Day
Candy's Room
Outlaw Pete
Darlington County
Working On A Dream
Seeds
Johnny 99
Youngstown
La Bamba
Good Lovin'
Hungry Heart
Growin' Up
Thunder Road
Queen Of The Supermarket
Waitin' On A Sunny Day
The Promised Land
Lost In The Flood
Radio Nowhere
Lonesome Day
The Rising
Born To Run

Hard Times
Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
Land Of Hope And Dreams
American Land
Glory Days
Detroit Medley
Dancing In The Dark

OH NO! He's gone and done that @#$%& awful Queen of the Supermarket!!!! Poor Stockholm. I do believe he tortured them with the equally odious Car Wash too in 1999.

Yeah but Lost in the Flood easily makes up for it.smiling bouncing smiley

Date: June 6, 2009 00:45

MKjan
sweetcharmedlife
JumpingKentFlash

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz is very economical. It simply states that Bruce is boring, and he is.

So then why even bother to post on this thread?

Posted by: birdie ()
Date: June 6, 2009 00:53

Nikolai
OhNoNotMeAgain
Stockholm, night 2:

Badlands
My Lucky Day
Candy's Room
Outlaw Pete
Darlington County
Working On A Dream
Seeds
Johnny 99
Youngstown
La Bamba
Good Lovin'
Hungry Heart
Growin' Up
Thunder Road
Queen Of The Supermarket
Waitin' On A Sunny Day
The Promised Land
Lost In The Flood
Radio Nowhere
Lonesome Day
The Rising
Born To Run

Hard Times
Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
Land Of Hope And Dreams
American Land
Glory Days
Detroit Medley
Dancing In The Dark

Not surprised you found something wrong with the setlist. 30 songs and 14 different from the previous night. That is what a rock show should be. I wish to god the stones would do that.

Date: June 6, 2009 00:55

I'm bored :-) in this moment. sweetcharmedlife I mean no malice, but on a Stones site, all this worship of Bruce is a bit much when I am so unmoved by his music and performance, and feel a sense of phoniness about him. If I had tickets to his show, I would send them to you.

Date: June 6, 2009 01:06

MKjan
I'm bored :-) in this moment. sweetcharmedlife I mean no malice, but on a Stones site, all this worship of Bruce is a bit much when I am so unmoved by his music and performance, and feel a sense of phoniness about him. If I had tickets to his show, I would send them to you.

It's one thread. Try the other 500 threads that aren't about Springsteen.

Date: June 6, 2009 01:14

MKjan
Send the tickets to me and go to another thread!

Date: June 6, 2009 01:28

dimrstone
MKjan

I would be doing you a favor by not sending them.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: June 6, 2009 01:28

Highlights for me tonight were Candy's Room, Lost in the Flood and Queen Of the Supermarket. I can't wait to see the Boss for the third time this week on Sunday.

Date: June 6, 2009 01:48

MKjan
dimrstone
MKjan

You couldn't be more wrong that that!

Date: June 6, 2009 01:50

dimrstone
MKjan
dimrstone
MKjan

You couldn't be more wrong that that!

OK I'd send one to you and one to sweetcharmedlife.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 39

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1808
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home