Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819
Current Page: 19 of 19
Re: OT - Bob Dylan News & Setlists - 2010
Posted by: JJFlash2010 ()
Date: April 25, 2010 02:17

Summer's here and the time is right.......

Posted by: cbtaco19 ()
Date: April 27, 2010 17:40

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: April 27, 2010 18:00

Rockman

Melbourne AGE --------------------------------- 25 April 2010

good heavens. will refunds be given through the mail or must i pick them up in person?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 27, 2010 18:13

StonesTod
Rockman

Melbourne AGE --------------------------------- 25 April 2010

good heavens. will refunds be given through the mail or must i pick them up in person?
when is the last time joni mitchel was relevant ?

Date: April 27, 2010 19:34

be nice; joni's cool. bob ain't been relevant lately either; nobody has. anyhow, it's ALL relevant...

Date: April 27, 2010 19:37

StonesTod
be nice; joni's cool. bob ain't been relevant lately either; nobody has. anyhow, it's ALL relevant...

dylan's had 2 number 1 albums in a row not counting the christmas album. how is that not relevant?

Date: April 27, 2010 19:42

keefriffhard4life
StonesTod

dylan's had 2 number 1 albums in a row not counting the christmas album. how is that not relevant?

no no no. not album album sales, dude!! it's about following the bobster. it used to be when he told everyone to get stoned, they all followed. i haven't done one thing he told me to do or think for about 8 albums now! c'mon, bobby! get some relevance!!!

Date: April 27, 2010 20:34

StonesTod
keefriffhard4life
StonesTod

no no no. not album album sales, dude!! it's about following the bobster. it used to be when he told everyone to get stoned, they all followed. i haven't done one thing he told me to do or think for about 8 albums now! c'mon, bobby! get some relevance!!!
i think it's been more than 8 albums .still love the bard !!!!!!!!!!

Date: April 27, 2010 20:43

The Greek
StonesTod
keefriffhard4life
StonesTod

maybe so. i changed my way of thinking about the time he did....how many albums back was that?

Date: April 27, 2010 21:48

StonesTod
The Greek
StonesTod
keefriffhard4life
StonesTod

maybe so. i changed my way of thinking about the time he did....how many albums back was that?
what are we talking about maybe 1979?

Date: April 27, 2010 22:05

The Greek
StonesTod
The Greek
StonesTod
keefriffhard4life
StonesTod

yes - well, i think he actually changed his way of thinking in 1978, but didn't tell the world about until 1979. my change followed - say about springtime 1980.

Date: April 27, 2010 22:22

StonesTod
The Greek
StonesTod
The Greek
StonesTod
keefriffhard4life
StonesTod

yes - well, i think he actually changed his way of thinking in 1978, but didn't tell the world about until 1979. my change followed - say about springtime 1980.
pretty funny to me that i was in the ballpark as far as the time frame was ,pretty accurate statement above when bob said everybody must get stoned and we sure did a lot .

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: June 11, 2010 14:33

No updates on the current tour? That is too bad!

I know, I know...there are Dylan's forums and this is OT here, but I thinkl this topic was/is worth preserving. Bob plays Prague tonight, which is close where I live, but and I can not attend. There are some IORRians going to be there tonight, so let us know how it was.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-11 15:42 by Happy24.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 11, 2010 14:49

Happy24
No updates on the current tour? That is too bad!

I prominent member of IORR is seeing him in Prague tonight....hopefully we'll get a review from him, when he gets back to his homecountry

Here's Bob in Bratislava, 2 days ago

more photos here: [starcasm.net]

he sings and plays well this tour, but there's nothing new in the setlists compared to the previous year

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-11 14:50 by Erik_Snow.

Date: June 11, 2010 15:29

Erik_Snow
he sings and plays well this tour, but there's nothing new in the setlists compared to the previous year

the man has been in a rut for years, frankly. yeah, i know he's had some new albums, but his presentation overall on tour has gotten very stale. sad...never thought this would happen to restless bob who was always busy re-inventing himself.

Date: June 11, 2010 15:32

StonesTod
the man has been in a rut for years, frankly. yeah, i know he's had some new albums, but his presentation overall on tour has gotten very stale. sad...never thought this would happen to restless bob who was always busy re-inventing himself.

hmmmm....yes it's a bit disappointing that he's not stirring it up or trying something else, in concert, these last years. Bob used to be a lot more risky, only a few years ago. .....well at least he got Sexton back in the band - it helped to raise the standard of the guitarplaying taking place

Date: June 11, 2010 15:39

Erik_Snow
StonesTod

hmmmm....yes it's a bit disappointing that he's not stirring it up or trying something else, in concert, these last years. Bob used to be a lot more risky, only a few years ago. .....well at least he got Sexton back in the band - it helped to raise the standard of the guitarplaying taking place

yes, but that's not exactly pushing the envelope, is it? i miss my adventurous bob...even the last album, pleasant enough, seemed mailed in....

Date: June 11, 2010 15:43

StonesTod
Erik_Snow
StonesTod

yes, but that's not exactly pushing the envelope, is it? i miss my adventurous bob...even the last album, pleasant enough, seemed mailed in....

"mailed in"? you must mean "sleighed in"

Date: June 11, 2010 15:47

Erik_Snow
StonesTod
Erik_Snow
StonesTod

unless you're speaking about "Together Through Life"....I thought there were some real treats on TTL, but....I do agree to a certain extent; it doesn't have what his 1997-2006 albums had. But to me - Together Through Life is like an album without connection to his previous ones....like Shot Of Love and Good As I Been....so I don't take it that hard. But yes - it would be nice if Bob found a new spark somewhere - and stirred it up. He used to renew himself quicker than the audience could grasp. Not anymore....though he still puts on a great show - not always - but sometimes.

Posted by: humanriff77 ()
Date: June 11, 2010 16:05

Together through life is a great album especially for bedroom gymnastics winking smiley

Date: June 11, 2010 17:44

Erik_Snow
Erik_Snow
StonesTod
Erik_Snow
StonesTod

unless you're speaking about "Together Through Life"....I thought there were some real treats on TTL, but....I do agree to a certain extent; it doesn't have what his 1997-2006 albums had. But to me - Together Through Life is like an album without connection to his previous ones....like Shot Of Love and Good As I Been....so I don't take it that hard. But yes - it would be nice if Bob found a new spark somewhere - and stirred it up. He used to renew himself quicker than the audience could grasp. Not anymore....though he still puts on a great show - not always - but sometimes.

yeah, but it's a "been there done that" experience now....used to be a "wonder what he'll do now" kinda thing.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819
Current Page: 19 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2185
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home