Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: Do ya hang out with anybody from IORR?
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 14, 2010 06:22

ChrisM
I've met and had a few drinks with StonesTod, sweetcharmedlife, Captain Jack Sparrow (where are ye Cap'n?) and mcparty who is one of my closest friends. Grand lads all...
Right back at you Chris. Gonna have to get back together soon. In the neantime I'm hoping to get together with some socal IORR's for Mick Taylor next month....And Sway and Carlitos,very nice picture.thumbs up

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: JordiStones ()
Date: July 14, 2010 12:22

Yes, I have had various meetings with different people. Many years ago I met Björnulf in the VIP room of a Stones concert. I had the pleasure to meet Susanne and Isabella of Austria, two lovely girls that I have really wanted to see again ;-). I also had the pleasure of meeting Gillian from San Francisco. A boy Dutchman, Menno, with whom I met at various shows. Stroosnijder Pauline, also of Holland. Joan "Silvertrain" I met at a concert of Mick Taylor in Perpignan. In Barcelona, Xavi "Llargueras." Carlitos Tenerife, a good friend who I had the pleasure of attending his wedding. Certainly I've met more people who can not remember now. I hope to meet many more in the future. Greetings from Barcelona to everyone!

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: July 14, 2010 13:10

Edith Grove
Where can I get a purse like that ? smiling bouncing smiley

I bought it in a supermarket but you can find one easily on internet ...although I am not sure it will fit you ,Mr Grove winking smiley

Here is the other side of the bag ,which one do you prefer :-))?

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: July 14, 2010 13:23

What a nice and GOOD LOOKING PEOPLE!!!!!
Annie happy to have you here, Tenerife is amazing, you saw the weather was fantastic and looking forward to see you anywhere!!!
And about meeting people from IORR´s first person I met was Yuha from Finland, he had vacations with his family over here, we went to El Teide and other places, great guy and family, I met BV in Madrid, Vicente Calderón show, we went to have lunch around the Stadium, BV loves bacalao! I met of course my great friend Jordi and Xavier Llargueras in Barcelona, Jordi and his wife are incredibles, they come from Barcelona to my wedding!! and Finally but no the last one Annie, Sway Stones,a s she says very lovely and beautiful woman and we had dinner over here at the south of the island, we had great time over here talking about the Stones, the world and everything!!
And Mr Grove more pics from the bag, I really liked too!!
Saludos to all of you and looking forwards more people from here!!
Carlitos

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 14, 2010 13:50

Unfortunately No.
I dont know anybody who lives near Castricum , near Alkmaar in the Netherlands.
jeroen

Date: July 22, 2010 22:45

carlitosbaez

Annie happy to have you here, Tenerife is amazing

Yes,it is !
I really loved it ...Amazing and different landscapes .

PS :
Don't forget that Laure follows Annie ....with -in between ...

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: July 22, 2010 22:54

SNC & ChrisM ,I am glad you liked the pics .Merci !smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-02 22:45 by SwayStones.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 22, 2010 22:57

Great to finally see a picture of Annie - one of the nicest people on this site. Hope we all can meet up in London next time the Stones play in their hometown.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 22, 2010 23:13

SwayStones
Edith Grove

I bought it in a supermarket but you can find one easily on internet ...although I am not sure it will fit you ,Mr Grove winking smiley

Here is the other side of the bag ,which one do you prefer :-))?

I think I change my vacation plans to France...............great pictures my friends

Date: July 23, 2010 04:01

I had the honour of dining w/Mathijs in Feb. '06. VERY good looking and charming man, such joie de vivre. Looks a bit like Brian Jones.

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: July 23, 2010 06:18

I came close to hanging out with wineaux and filstan a few weeks ago!

Date: July 23, 2010 06:55

Hopefully Mick Taylor keeps his scheduled Santa Monica gig next month and we can have an IORR get together.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-23 19:08 by sweetcharmedlife.

Date: July 23, 2010 13:09

Silver Dagger
Great to finally see a picture of Annie - one of the nicest people on this site. Hope we all can meet up in London next time the Stones play in their hometown.

That's very kind of you ,Silver Dagger ,thanks.
Would you be so kind to write my whole 1st name,that is to say Annie-Laure ...
As I tried to explain once to one of our fellow "Iorrean", when I was a pupil,a teacher of mine always called me Annie and I'd never answer her ...smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-02 23:27 by SwayStones.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: July 23, 2010 16:58

I'd like to hang with CindyC but she is spoken for! and who knows maybe the Stones would be all we have in common and we'd kill each other!! smiling smiley

Date: July 23, 2010 19:06

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-03 19:12 by SwayStones.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 23, 2010 19:25

I'm too busy posting messages to hang out with anyone from IORR...plus I have a family.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 23, 2010 19:27

sweetcharmedlife
Hopefully Mick Taylor keeps his scheduled Santa Monica gig next month and we can have an IORR get together.

Maybe I can make it to this.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 23, 2010 21:25

Edith Grove
SwayStones

Where can I get a woman like that? grinning smiley

Great pic of you both.

Date: August 3, 2011 18:35

Although I am a bit embarassed to bump this one year old thread -because of the nice compliments & the pics that still can be looked at - I have now some more things to add concerning the above question "Do you hang out with anybody from IORR"

I wouldn't use the idiom " to hang out" since the people I met or talked with are worth it -but so do I cool smiley

Sooo ....last year I met Carlos from Tenerife -BTW,man,where are you ?
yesterday I talked for the 1st time with whiskey from Australia .I really enjoyed it and I hope my accent wasn't that bad :-)

Here is another photo with another famous member from IORR .
For the record, I must say that the Corona you can see in front of EG wasn't his .When the waitress came to take the pic,I thought it wouldn't be nice if I had a bottle of Corona beer-the only one I drink BTW- when EG was drinking water only .
So I switched our glasses on the table .smiling smiley

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: August 3, 2011 18:48

Very nice pic Sway and EG.

Date: August 3, 2011 19:17

SCL, did you notice 2 funny things on the pic ?
1st : the white mark I have around my eyes -it came from my "skiing glasses"
2d: I hadn't noticed that before but both of us crossed our arms the same way -left hand over the opposite arm - may be because we're both right handed or what ?
EG,what do you think ?

Date: August 3, 2011 19:21

SwayStones
SCL, did you notice 2 funny things on the pic ?
1st : the white mark I have around my eyes -it came from my "skiing glasses"
2d: I hadn't noticed that before but both of us crossed our arms the same way -left hand over the opposite arm - may be because we're both right handed or what ?
EG,what do you think ?
The white mark around your eyes is hardly noticeable and I spent very little time looking at EG. So I didn't notice the arm thing either.cool smiley

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: August 3, 2011 19:22

SwayStones
I hadn't noticed that before but both of us crossed our arms the same way -left hand over the opposite arm - may be because we're both right handed or what ?
EG,what do you think ?

I was just trying to hold myself up after drinking all that Corona.

Date: August 3, 2011 19:23

Edith Grove
SwayStones
I hadn't noticed that before but both of us crossed our arms the same way -left hand over the opposite arm - may be because we're both right handed or what ?
EG,what do you think ?

I was just trying to hold myself up after drinking all that Corona.
What they don't have Boddington's in France?

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: August 3, 2011 21:21

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-03 21:23 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: mariannerl ()
Date: August 3, 2011 22:43

Some I met once and I do not really know them well, Marquess,Gazza (in Lisboa at the hotel where I could watch when he and his friend M had their picture with Charlie ), Susanne("Stoneslady"..from Austria) or mickjaggeroo (who gave me a present, a Stonesvikings lighter, in London), The Worst and BV.

Sometimes we were on the same train (Budapest-Brno) or plane (Zurich-Düsseldorf)

Some I met several times and know them well like Iris, Austrianstones (C & R), voodoohat, child-of-the-moon, crazy mama, wenzelchen, grisons, Roadster32 (Stray Cats & Brian Setzer gigs we attended together with his lovely wife), Pokalheld (also moderator on Stonestreff), MononoM Menno, JJHMick, latvianinexile and of course his Plexifull Highness Timbernardis

Like me some do not use the same nickname on other boards, like on the message board my friend LQ and me (also called Mrs M) have. Also on other boards. Their names here gekko, honkytonkwoman, Erhard, etc. So I am not even sure if I know someone here but do not realise it. I spent here more time years ago, got banned for about one year back (tour stress..) then, lost a bit contacts..but I am back

Some I really liked to meet last tour .. like little queenie, Rockman, Baboon Bro, Too Tough and others. But it did not happen. O2 Arena London in August 2007 my friend was sick.. we missed the party before the show in that pub near to O2. Or I was not able to go to Bukarest (little queenie)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-03 23:00 by mariannerl.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 3, 2011 22:48

Great to see you back, Marianne. That day in Lisbon was unforgettable!

Posted by: mariannerl ()
Date: August 3, 2011 23:05

Gazza
Great to see you back, Marianne. That day in Lisbon was unforgettable!

Yeah.>grinning smiley< Thank you.

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: August 3, 2011 23:29

mariannerl
Some I met once and I do not really know them well, Marquess,Gazza (in Lisboa at the hotel where I could watch when he and his friend M had their picture with Charlie ), Susanne("Stoneslady"..from Austria) or mickjaggeroo (who gave me a present, a Stonesvikings lighter, in London), The Worst and BV.

Sometimes we were on the same train (Budapest-Brno) or plane (Zurich-Düsseldorf)

Some I met several times and know them well like Iris, Austrianstones (C & R), voodoohat, child-of-the-moon, crazy mama, wenzelchen, grisons, Roadster32 (Stray Cats & Brian Setzer gigs we attended together with his lovely wife), Pokalheld (also moderator on Stonestreff), MononoM Menno, JJHMick, latvianinexile and of course his Plexifull Highness Timbernardis

Like me some do not use the same nickname on other boards, like on the message board my friend LQ and me (also called Mrs M) have. Also on other boards. Their names here gekko, honkytonkwoman, Erhard, etc. So I am not even sure if I know someone here but do not realise it. I spent here more time years ago, got banned for about one year back (tour stress..) then, lost a bit contacts..but I am back

Some I really liked to meet last tour .. like little queenie, Rockman, Baboon Bro, Too Tough and others. But it did not happen. O2 Arena London in August 2007 my friend was sick.. we missed the party before the show in that pub near to O2. Or I was not able to go to Bukarest (little queenie)

Thank you for mentioning me, Mariannerl, but the "honour" goes to latvianinexile in my case!
I was at Chuck Leavell's last concert in 2007 in Germany and saw somebody next to me taking pictures. He published his on stonestreff and here and I wrote him (in English!) an e-mail that I had been there too, a friend of mine had taken pictures too and I had written an article on Chuck's solo tour.
He answered in ... German. And the first sentence was something like Don't be shocked but look at my zip code of my signature first before reading on.
I realized we live 5 km from each other... (Probably even "stranger": We were born in the same town in a totally different area of Germany from where we are living now!)
He took me to Ronnie's Ambassador's concert last year and we were meeting lots of people of this board (I should have taken down the names; even talked to the author of a Stones book I have!) including shaking hands with somebody and when I asked who was that he said: That was bv...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-03 23:58 by JJHMick.

Posted by: Baxter Thwaites ()
Date: August 3, 2011 23:53

Edith Grove
SwayStones

You can get one from the rock and roll themed shop in Baker Street London opposite the Beatles shop.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-03 23:55 by Baxter Thwaites.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1394
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home