Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: Undercover complete recording sessions
Posted by: GJV ()
Date: April 5, 2017 01:17

I don't know about this particular box, but the Sweet Black Angels label released in the past their titels not on factory made silver discs, that's why their titles are always limited to only 50 copies, so don't pay too much!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-13 22:24 by GJV.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: April 5, 2017 11:11

GJV
I don't know about this particular box, but the Sweet Black Angel label released in the past their titels not on factory made silver discs, that's why their titles are always limited to only 50 copies, so don't pay too much!

The 5CD is actually factory pressed. I don't have the other releases from the label yet, but I never heard they are NOT factory pressed. Look at the hotwacks reviews for instance. They are probably all factory pressed, but bad pressings (see above).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-05 20:38 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 5, 2017 15:00

Now that blakeeik has kindly shared the "Virchov Tape" with the early version of SWH (and more!) is there anything left of interest on that box set ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: April 5, 2017 20:40

gotdablouse
Now that blakeeik has kindly shared the "Virchov Tape" with the early version of SWH (and more!) is there anything left of interest on that box set ?

The Virchov stuff is missing on the 5CD (except She Was Hot). All other known takes are included I think. Anyway it's a great compilation.

Posted by: Sam4741 ()
Date: April 5, 2017 21:07

So basically is there any way to listen to all of this? Some sort of download?

Date: April 5, 2017 22:02

Sam4741

Nobody has the 5CD except me it seems. But I cannot upload.

Date: April 6, 2017 00:44

Monsoon Ragoon
GJV
I don't know about this particular box, but the Sweet Black Angel label released in the past their titels not on factory made silver discs, that's why their titles are always limited to only 50 copies, so don't pay too much!

The 5CD is actually factory pressed. I don't have the other releases from the label yet, but I never heard they are NOT factory pressed. Look at the hotwacks reviews for instance. They are probably all factory pressed, but bad pressings (see above).

In the past I asked a seller who is friends with the guy who makes/releases the cd's from Sweet Black Angel and he told me it's not factory made, but on black discs like computer games (I have no idea what that means). That's why only 50 are made for every title.

You have also black blu ray's as bootlegs, they are also not factory made.

Are you realy sure the discs are factory made and how can you tell? These are very different discs instead of the regular cd-r's ofcourse.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 6, 2017 01:09

Monsoon Ragoon
Sam4741

Please don't mind me asking but what's the problem with uploading?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 6, 2017 11:15

EddieByword

Maybe because it has cost €70 - [iorr.org] ....

Date: April 6, 2017 12:14

Irix
EddieByword

Maybe because it has cost €70 - [iorr.org] ....

Maybe but he says he cannot upload it, not doesn't want to - (I can see Pablo www.rockmusicbay.com doesn't want to because he's selling) - so maybe there's a technical issue stopping monsoon that someone on here can solve? - oh well ........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-06 12:14 by EddieByword.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 6, 2017 12:22

Maybe it would be wise to let this set sell (out) before it's offered for free here? winking smiley

Date: April 6, 2017 13:55

I am not able to upload AND I don't want to. In serious reviews SBA releases are seen as "real" bootlegs, but poorly pressed. As mentioned they are the only CDs ever that my CD system didn't want to play. The BR player does and he "says" CD not CD-R. That's all I can say.

Date: April 6, 2017 16:01

Monsoon Ragoon
I am not able to upload AND I don't want to. In serious reviews SBA releases are seen as "real" bootlegs, but poorly pressed. As mentioned they are the only CDs ever that my CD system didn't want to play. The BR player does and he "says" CD not CD-R. That's all I can say.

Ok, from the horses mouth............thumbs up

Date: April 7, 2017 01:23

But what makes this so special? Is this better than the Red Tongue Records release, The Real Alternate Undercover Album, from a couple of years ago?

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: April 7, 2017 08:16

Monsoon Ragoon
Sam4741

People tend to automatically assume that when somebody spends his money on a bootleg, that he will upload it for all to get it for free.

It should be possible that someone tells that he bought something without "pressing" him to share his acquisition with everybody.

This is not directed to Sam4741; it's a general remark.

There's not a week that passes without me getting an e-mail from someone asking to upload or send him a download link, even for officially released material!

Don't get me wrong, if someone has problems downloading something or missed the deadline for a WT link or would like an mp4 from a circulating DVD, I'll be glad to help,
but when I pay Euro 55.23 + S&H + import taxes + ? for the "From The Vault Extra - Live in Japan - Tokyo Dome 1990.2.24 [Regular Edition]",
I'm not immediately going to share it for free with the world.

Chris from Belgium

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-07 08:51 by coowouters.

Date: April 7, 2017 16:59

coowouters
Monsoon Ragoon
Sam4741

People tend to automatically assume that when somebody spends his money on a bootleg, that he will upload it for all to get it for free.

It should be possible that someone tells that he bought something without "pressing" him to share his acquisition with everybody.

This is not directed to Sam4741; it's a general remark.

There's not a week that passes without me getting an e-mail from someone asking to upload or send him a download link, even for officially released material!

Don't get me wrong, if someone has problems downloading something or missed the deadline for a WT link or would like an mp4 from a circulating DVD, I'll be glad to help,
but when I pay Euro 55.23 + S&H + import taxes + ? for the "From The Vault Extra - Live in Japan - Tokyo Dome 1990.2.24 [Regular Edition]",
I'm not immediately going to share it for free with the world.

If everyone just downloads and nobody buys then there will be no releases anymore in a couple of years.

Date: May 13, 2017 22:17

Monsoon Ragoon
I got the 5CD/1DVDR set. Beautiful, CDs are most probably factory pressed and black on both sides. I've never seen something like this before. The DVD ist a "R", but profesionally made, it has the apple picture (from the Undercover innersleeve) on it. Two booklets with lots of details. Haven't listened to it yet, but this seems to be a must. You cannot download something like this. How to get: www.rockmusicbay.com. - Update: all 5 CDs do not play on my CD system (which accepted EVERY CD for 8 years), I use the BR player. And it seems like they didn't always use the best possible sources, unfortunately. Many takes are just good-very good and/or with much hiss. Maybe not the classic release we expected, but surely usefull release.

You had convinced me and I bought this set too!smiling smiley
Till now, but I didn't listen to everything yet, the discs play fine on my cd player. I still think it are the black cd-r's "blueswithafeeling" mentioned before and not fabric made discs.

Meanwhile Goldplate released their version too, with basically the same stuff, but now with even more tracks (9 more tracks) and a sixth silver disc with a Undercover radiospecial incl. an exclusive Jagger interview, instead of the dvd-r with the promovideo's.

Date: May 13, 2017 23:22

GJV
Monsoon Ragoon
I got the 5CD/1DVDR set. Beautiful, CDs are most probably factory pressed and black on both sides. I've never seen something like this before. The DVD ist a "R", but profesionally made, it has the apple picture (from the Undercover innersleeve) on it. Two booklets with lots of details. Haven't listened to it yet, but this seems to be a must. You cannot download something like this. How to get: www.rockmusicbay.com. - Update: all 5 CDs do not play on my CD system (which accepted EVERY CD for 8 years), I use the BR player. And it seems like they didn't always use the best possible sources, unfortunately. Many takes are just good-very good and/or with much hiss. Maybe not the classic release we expected, but surely usefull release.

You had convinced me and I bought this set too!smiling smiley
Till now, but I didn't listen to everything yet, the discs play fine on my cd player. I still think it are the black cd-r's "blueswithafeeling" mentioned before and not fabric made discs.

Meanwhile Goldplate released their version too, with basically the same stuff, but now with even more tracks (9 more tracks) and a sixth silver disc with a Undercover radiospecial incl. an exclusive Jagger interview, instead of the dvd-r with the promovideo's.

What's the new tracks? The 6cd has the full rehearsals tape incl. Wanna Hold You and the Can't Find Love embryonic takes, AND? Btw I sold my 5cd because it doesn't play on my system. But I never saw the Goldplate on Discogs or Ebay until now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-13 23:24 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Date: May 13, 2017 23:41

Look at the Hotstuff site on [wwr6.ucom.ne.jp] at Bootlegs New Arrivals and you can see it for yourself. I didn't see this new version yet, but it will appear the coming weeks for sure on the market.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-13 23:42 by GJV.

Date: May 13, 2017 23:49

They seem to have two different "country" versions of She Was Hot...

"2. She Was Hot (Country Version - Unedited)
3. She Was Hot (Country Version - Source 2)"

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: gomper076 ()
Date: May 16, 2017 00:45

coowouters
Are these found on some of those bootlegs?

- The Golden Mile
- Christine
- Dance Mr K
- Forty
- Heartbeat
- Identification
- In Your Hand
- All About You (Train Song, diff vocals)

Snippets:

(valid until March 22nd):
[we.tl]

Chris do you still have these snippets?

Posted by: gomper076 ()
Date: May 16, 2017 01:00

GJV
Look at the Hotstuff site on [wwr6.ucom.ne.jp] at Bootlegs New Arrivals and you can see it for yourself. I didn't see this new version yet, but it will appear the coming weeks for sure on the market.

I hope this one makes the rounds. That first disc looks good to me with the video and 12" versions.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: May 18, 2017 11:20

listening smiling smiley
some new things for me like High school girl in great quality
too bad that the Keith Think Im going mad is still so bad. I dream of a cristal version (fantastic piano, sax and guitars)

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Date: May 18, 2017 12:30

gomper076
coowouters
Are these found on some of those bootlegs?

- The Golden Mile
- Christine
- Dance Mr K
- Forty
- Heartbeat
- Identification
- In Your Hand
- All About You (Train Song, diff vocals)

Snippets:

(valid until March 22nd):
[we.tl]

Chris do you still have these snippets?

Here you go:

[we.tl]

This is one of those cases where I had to promise the person who sent me the complete tracks not to make them public, sorry.....

Chris from Belgium

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-18 12:52 by coowouters.

Date: May 18, 2017 16:15

coowouters

This is one of those cases where I had to promise the person who sent me the complete tracks not to make them public, sorry.....

Good for you! thumbs up
Can you give us the duration of each song?

Date: May 18, 2017 17:15

dcba
Good for you! thumbs up
Can you give us the duration of each song?

- The Golden Mile 00:08:15
- Christine 00:02:23
- Dance Mr K 00:02:13
- Forty 00:04:28
- Heartbeat 00:03:15
- Identification 00:06:41
- In Your Hand 00:04:41
- All About You (Train Song, diff vocals) 00:04:24

Chris from Belgium

Date: May 18, 2017 19:10

Thx Chris!
No super-extra-mega-extended track à la "Keep It Cool" then... grinning smiley

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: May 18, 2017 19:10

I was pretty sure about that Chris when I listened to the awesome quality of those snippets in the Undercover files, that some have such quality files that they cannot give everything. Like for the dirty works snippets we have

Christine is a real blues !
Dance with Mr K is just the fantastic Still in Love without piano
Heartbeat is like Far away eyes
In your hand could be as strange as Heaven
All about you duet is great

I always noticed something. When Keith works by his side the recording does not sound properly. When Mick arrives in the studio they really work and with the console and the sound is better.

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Date: May 18, 2017 20:55

Why re-record a released track (All About You)? Just for fun?

Date: May 19, 2017 00:18

What makes you think they re-recorded it ? It was tried like that during the sessions.

--------------

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1995
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home