Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8586878889909192939495...LastNext
Current Page: 90 of 205
Re: Interview w/ The Beatles & Rolling Stones Assistant, Chris O'Dell
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 23, 2013 21:33

That was fun. Thanks for posting.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 23, 2013 21:36

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 24, 2013 00:08

Great post Cristiano and seitan...was a nice listing

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 24, 2013 18:32

When it says "new memoir"--I have the one called Miss O'Dell, does she have another one out? (Sorry, can't play the clips here at work!)

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 24, 2013 18:50

Aquamarine
When it says "new memoir"--I have the one called Miss O'Dell, does she have another one out? (Sorry, can't play the clips here at work!)

I think it's the same book.

Posted by: Bellajane ()
Date: October 24, 2013 19:21

I wish Georgia "Jo" Bergman would write a book about her life with the Rolling Stones (maybe she has?). I believe she was Jagger's PA from 1969-1972. That's a lot of territory to cover! I'm not looking to read a trashy tell-all, just the facts from an insider. Her tenure covers just about all of the Mick Taylor Years, so it would be interesting if she could write about him if she was close to him at all. There's got to be more to his character other than he was quiet, shy, and morose.

Youtube: Knebworth great audio upload
Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: October 24, 2013 22:21

Thank you George King who uploaded this fantastic show. And...it sounds great! They were actually really good that night. Love it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-24 22:27 by Redhotcarpet.

Re: Youtube: Knebworth great audio upload
Date: October 24, 2013 22:24

Observation: Aint too proud to beg: Ronnie plays a riff/fill/lick similar to his fantastic riff/fills at the ending of Under my thumb 1982 Wembley. One of his best fills.

Date: October 24, 2013 22:31

And oh yes I love Stray cat Blues. Druggy, floating around and yes falling apart but thats no hanging matter. Fan-@#$%&-tastic and the way Mick sang it. Awesome. Unique even. And Around and Around? Yes, Bill, you are missed.

And what I meant in some post about Keith being at his best in 1976/1977: listen to those minimalistic tight almost stabbing little riffs on Red Rooster. Or Stray Cat. Keith Richards was a genius.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: October 25, 2013 04:42

This is a must for Keith fans. He is high in the mix and playing all over the place. Contributing to the maximum. (for those who don't know) Go to the original on the you tube site and you can skip around. Go down to the killer version of Street Fighting Man near the end. Keith is all over it the way Mick Taylor used to dominate certain tunes. Maybe everyone (or just Keith) was enhanced due to the cocaine??? Just saying because many tunes are done in the "speedy version"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-25 04:44 by triceratops.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 25, 2013 08:19

triceratops
...(for those who don't know) Go to the original on the you tube site and you can skip around. Go down to the killer version of....
Awesome man!! That is a great tip and it is really done well by the OP of the video. It is very well done. Just click/open the "Show More" on youtube.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-25 08:22 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: October 25, 2013 09:56

Yes - they were great. Don't listen to detractors. Even when the Stones are supposedly sloppy they're great.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 25, 2013 09:59

Even when the Stones are supposedly sloppy they're great.

....and there ain't many things ya can say that about.....

ROCKMAN

Date: October 25, 2013 10:38

Listening now to Satisfaction...

Oh....that Bill Wyman sound.....

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: October 25, 2013 12:20

Sounds awesome. I never really listened properly to this show before. I like how they opened with Satisfaction instead of Honky Tonky Women. (Is that the first time, and the only time before 1998, they open with Satisfaction?)

Date: October 25, 2013 12:22

<Is that the first time, and the only time before 1998, they open with Satisfaction?>

1997 winking smiley

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: October 25, 2013 12:38

Excellent, I'cve always loved this show!

Finally re-obtained 'Hot August Night' after many years not hearing it (thanks absolutely the the people at StonesVault) - and it's just a wonderful show. Majority of the tracks soundboard, with maybe 6 or 7 good audience.

I'll check this YouTube link at home to see if it's the same audio, looking forward to it

Date: October 25, 2013 12:38

Ah, yeah, I was one year off there.

Gotta say Ronnie's solo on Hand of Fate was amazingly smooth!

Date: October 25, 2013 12:47

LieB
Ah, yeah, I was one year off there.

Gotta say Ronnie's solo on Hand of Fate was amazingly smooth!

Just like it is here smiling smiley

Date: October 25, 2013 13:05

IrelandCalling4
Finally re-obtained 'Hot August Night' after many years not hearing it (thanks absolutely the the people at StonesVault) - and it's just a wonderful show. Majority of the tracks soundboard, with maybe 6 or 7 good audience.

I'll check this YouTube link at home to see if it's the same audio, looking forward to it

Let us know about your findings, I'd love to know which version to download.

Thanks for the vid, Dandelion, I'll check it out.

Ronnie's on fire at Knebworth ... Hey Negrita was the best version I've ever heard. Ronnie's playing great in unison with Billy Preston, and then there's a sudden loud feedback squeal which only makes the song better. When the squeal stops, Keith restarts the riff and it all seemed like a weird break, without breaking the song apart. I luv it. thumbs up

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: October 25, 2013 13:19

Let us know about your findings, I'd love to know which version to download.

Thanks for the vid, Dandelion, I'll check it out.

Ronnie's on fire at Knebworth ... Hey Negrita was the best version I've ever heard. Ronnie's playing great in unison with Billy Preston, and then there's a sudden loud feedback squeal which only makes the song better. When the squeal stops, Keith restarts the riff and it all seemed like a weird break, without breaking the song apart. I luv it. thumbs up[/quote]

Agreed, Ronnie was brilliant;, on those 70s tours he was amazing. The 'Live in Texas 1978' another great example of Ronnie's playing; the Stones guitar-weaving at another peak on those tours

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: October 25, 2013 18:15

Historic concert, as said many times it was a lovely hot summers day and the stones were around 3-4 hours late coming on stage.

Oh the memories of them younger days.smileys with beer

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 25, 2013 18:27

It was a very long day !

New Bomb Turks - Summer Romance
Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 24, 2013 22:58

...furious version!

Re: New Bomb Turks - Summer Romance
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 25, 2013 00:44

thumbs up

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: October 25, 2013 03:47

I always have a chuckle when I hear the band name "New Bomb Turks" because it reminds me of the (1980) movie Hollywood Knights in which there was a character called Newbomb Turk (played by Robert Wuhl), which is where they must have gotten the band name from....

And who could forget the "one-armed violinist"?

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: October 25, 2013 10:03

Yes, they did get the name from there. Great version, great band. Played with 'em back in '94 and '95 and they did Summer Romance, as well as a pretty impromptu Waiting On A Friend the first time. We bonded on our love of the Stones among other things.

As well as a lot of great originals, they really had a way with covers-Bad Girl by the Dolls, Chip Away the Stone by Aerosmith, a fine version of Jiving Sister Fanny and of course their show-stopper live, Mr. Suit by Wire.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 25, 2013 13:05

andrewm
Yes, they did get the name from there. Great version, great band. Played with 'em back in '94 and '95 and they did Summer Romance, as well as a pretty impromptu Waiting On A Friend the first time. We bonded on our love of the Stones among other things.

As well as a lot of great originals, they really had a way with covers-Bad Girl by the Dolls, Chip Away the Stone by Aerosmith, a fine version of Jiving Sister Fanny and of course their show-stopper live, Mr. Suit by Wire.

OT: Any fans of Primal Scream
Posted by: seitan ()
Date: October 25, 2013 14:13

I think Primal Scream are great, whatd ya think ?

Re: OT: Any fans of Primal Scream
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: October 25, 2013 14:17

I love Primal Scream ever since "Screamadelica".

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8586878889909192939495...LastNext
Current Page: 90 of 205

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1931
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home