Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...162163164165166167168169170171172...LastNext
Current Page: 167 of 205
Re: Satisfaction '69........what is this?
Posted by: keith56 ()
Date: July 4, 2017 23:55

Available since 2009, on official bonus dvd gyyyo

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: July 5, 2017 00:38

sorry i missed this first time around

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: July 5, 2017 13:12

Interesting this one: Honky Tonk Women: youtube
It says it's also from MSG 1969, but Mick is singing the Divorcee in NYC lines
instead of the Saylors from Paris version.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: July 5, 2017 13:32

marcovandereijk
Interesting this one: Honky Tonk Women: youtube
It says it's also from MSG 1969, but Mick is singing the Divorcee in NYC lines
instead of the Saylors from Paris version.

It's from "Gimme Shelter".

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: timmyj3 ()
Date: July 5, 2017 15:05

The Satisfaction version in Gimme Shelter is the best version ever laid down live on Satisfaction.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: July 5, 2017 15:48

The bonus dvd material in the GYYYO box set is simply phenomenal and was the real reason I bought the box when it was released. That MSG version of Satisfaction is more hard driving and intense than the equally incredible over the top version we all know and love from the GS documentary. Keith really gets after it. The MSG footage from 1969 that has been released reveals the Stones on top of their game. While not mentioned often, it is the medley of Under My Thumb/I'm Free that is equally inspired. Having seen them play in 1969 all I can say is they just had this incredible sound. That sound is revealed on those MSG videos. I hope someday we get more audio and video in good quality from that 1969 tour before we are all dead and gone.

Posted by: keith56 ()
Date: July 5, 2017 16:39

filstan
The bonus dvd material in the GYYYO box set is simply phenomenal and was the real reason I bought the box when it was released. That MSG version of Satisfaction is more hard driving and intense than the equally incredible over the top version we all know and love from the GS documentary. Keith really gets after it. The MSG footage from 1969 that has been released reveals the Stones on top of their game. While not mentioned often, it is the medley of Under My Thumb/I'm Free that is equally inspired. Having seen them play in 1969 all I can say is they just had this incredible sound. That sound is revealed on those MSG videos. I hope someday we get more audio and video in good quality from that 1969 tour before we are all dead and gone.

I hope too

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: July 5, 2017 17:05

Wow! What an incredible version. They were on fire.

Re: YouTube Post a NEW or FAVORITE video(s)
Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: July 9, 2017 00:11

Hey look! This might be new, Stones '73 at the Wembley Empire Pool with video and sound in sync!!!

Feed your addiction!

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 9, 2017 21:23

While looking for infos about Mick's new single I've found this video which is new to me (there's probably a lot of people here who already have seen it, but others maybe did not), from the Alfie Sessions.

Jamming With Jagger - Robin Davey Bass Cam

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: July 10, 2017 01:53

Cristiano Radtke
While looking for infos about Mick's new single I've found this video which is new to me (there's probably a lot of people here who already have seen it, but others maybe did not), from the Alfie Sessions.

Lovely, like I had an unobtrusive chair on the side. Thank you.

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: July 10, 2017 05:44

Cristiano Radtke

Good stuff, new to me too, thank you CR

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-11 09:27 by HankM.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 12, 2017 20:04

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 12, 2017 21:27

Still naughty after all these years grinning smiley Hotdog

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 12, 2017 21:46

Looks like I have to do something about my signature confused smiley.......maybe I should HACK Photobucket and change the this stupid 3rd Party Host....Log into mine....so the whole world would Let It Bleed

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: July 13, 2017 01:00

Bill Wyman is amazing. He went from the silent almost invisible Stone to this man with an incredible variety of interests and success in all sorts of endeavors. He is always mentally active and in the zone. At 81 years old, he is perhaps only now slowing down just a little a bit.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: July 13, 2017 23:01

This is currently being shared on social media as being by "our" Charlie Watts! grinning smiley

[www.youtube.com]

Despite this comment by the original YT uploader:
This is, of course, Charlie Watts, singer/songwriter from the band Frayed Knot and not the Rolling Stones drummer.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

1969 outtake I Don't Know Why video on YouTube
Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: July 9, 2017 03:34

Just found this clip on YouTube. Is Gram Parsons in the pictures at the begining and ending of the video?

video: [youtu.be]

Re: 1969 outtake I Don't Know Why video on YouTube
Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: July 9, 2017 16:27

Could be Gram. At first glance I thought it was Mick.

But Jolie Jones--Quincy Jones daughter? Like her sister--the much younger Rashida Jones--she's beautiful. I never heard about anything between Keith and her before.

Great photos/footage.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: July 10, 2017 05:46

great Jagger vocal.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 10, 2017 06:46

That's interesting about Jolie Jones. I always wondered who she was when I'd see Robert Frank's footage. She's gorgeous. And agreed that "I Don't Know Why" is one of the stunning highlights of METAMORPHOSIS right alongside "I'm Going Down" and "Jiving Sister Fanny."

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: July 10, 2017 07:02

In retrospect, it must've took enormous chutzpah on Mick's part to even take this song on. Stevie Wonder's original in '68 is such a great track and features a stunning vocal performance by the 18-year-old.

But, somehow, with the help of mates Richards, Taylor, and Stew, Mick pulled one out of his ass and came up with as expressive a vocal as he'd ever recorded. Only a notch or so below "Let It Loose" for me.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 10, 2017 07:04

....Jolie Jones ......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 10, 2017 07:10

LongBeachArena72
In retrospect, it must've took enormous chutzpah on Mick's part to even take this song on. Stevie Wonder's original in '68 is such a great track and features a stunning vocal performance by the 18-year-old.

But, somehow, with the help of mates Richards, Taylor, and Stew, Mick pulled one out of his ass and came up with as expressive a vocal as he'd ever recorded. Only a notch or so below "Let It Loose" for me.

Not to mention that killer slicing guitar solo from Mick Taylor. This and Jiving Sister Fanny were always my favorites on Metamorphosis, and it's a mystery to me why they weren't included on official albums.
That said, nothing will ever match Stevie Wonder's original though - having all of his albums around the house when I was a kid, there's something truly deep about most everything he writes and records.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 10, 2017 11:27

Lovely. Thanks for posting Rip.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 10, 2017 13:15

Great track , great vocals ,and some really killer hard rocking guitars.

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: July 10, 2017 13:49

Yes, fantastic song. Absolutely one of their best.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: July 10, 2017 14:17

loog droog
Could be Gram. At first glance I thought it was Mick.

But Jolie Jones--Quincy Jones daughter? Like her sister--the much younger Rashida Jones--she's beautiful. I never heard about anything between Keith and her before.

Great photos/footage.

It's Keith. I would recognize him from that perspective any day...that sway back, slopey shoulders, and high...posterior.

Jolie and Keith have been discussed -- here's one particularly relevant mention:

gotthasilva
It's not just Keith who fails to mention Jolie Jones though, I've never seen her mentioned in any bio and given the photos around this is quite surprising - the only book I know that mentions it is Bill's Rolling with the Stones where he talks at one point about a press report that some people were glad to see the back of the band in 72 especially a particular band leader whose teenage daughter was with Keith Richards on the tour. Bill then quips 'Hopefully Quincy got over it' - I got the feeling Bill was enjoying being able to point the finger at another band member's dalliance with a teenager...
( [iorr.org] ) and here's another I posted a few years ago after watching this same video: [www.iorr.org]

btw....here she is now:

-swiss

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-10 14:37 by swiss.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: July 10, 2017 15:01

Swiss: "It's Keith. I would recognize him from that perspective any day...that sway back, slopey shoulders, and high...posterior".

Hi Swiss, in the first (color) picture of the video you see Keith and Jolie kissing. I mean the guy with the sunglasses at the right in that picture could be Gram Parsons.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: July 10, 2017 15:31

looks like gram to me!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...162163164165166167168169170171172...LastNext
Current Page: 167 of 205

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2143
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home