Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 5 of 10
Re: RONNIE WOOD AND ROD STEWART REFORM THE FACES
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: November 16, 2008 19:03

Braincapers
he brought in Jesse Ed Davis, who was not just a brilliant guitarist, but a character and a raver like Ronnie and me, and we warmed to him immediately. I knew his guitar playing from Taj Mahal's albums and his slide guitar on John Lennon's version of 'Stand By Me.' But having met this Native American, "

Native American as in American Indian? If so, what tribe and was he a reservation or an urban Indian or spend some time in both?

p

Re: Faces
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 16, 2008 19:11

some detail about Jesse Ed Davis: [en.wikipedia.org]

Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: November 16, 2008 19:20

Gazza
Fan Since 1964
Could it be that simple, Ronnie has had it with the Stones and
the steady flow of booze on Stones tours. Maybe he really wants to become sober
once and for all..

and hanging out with the Faces - the ultimate in pissed-up party bands - is the way to achieve that, ya think?

To be honest, I don't really know about their drinking habbits but I for sure know about Keith's intake. Don't we all?
I really hope that Ronnie is concentrating on Stones, cause he's part of that band.

I don't really know what to expect!

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Posted by: R ()
Date: November 16, 2008 19:21

I predict a Faces reunion would be staged much like a Stones show. The original surviving members and a bevy of back up players.

Chuck on second keyboard and Blondie on back-up guitar anyone?

Date: November 16, 2008 19:23

IF this tour ends up happening, just what if he ends up loving it so much, get a fresh shot of adrenaline (along with his young thing), is allowed to be a shining star, is it possible, conceivable that he could decide to leave the Stones and become a permanent member of a renewed Faces, assuming all the others agree to re-form as well?

I can hear all the "no"s, "wont happen", are u out of yer mind, etc.

anyone see this as even a remote possibility?

And please no "oh god then taylor will return", no such useless thinking, though I suppose mine is too. Hit me.

the likely thing is there will be no replies to this, as to most of mine.

p

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: November 16, 2008 19:24

timbernardis

no.

and there you were hand-wringing over the possibility of no replies.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: November 16, 2008 19:33

Maybe my chance to see a great act in the Royal Albert Hall

Date: November 16, 2008 20:43

T&A
timbernardis

no.

and there you were hand-wringing over the possibility of no replies.

Thank you. I now feel refreshed and rejuvenated, much as Ronnie will.

p

Posted by: Jack Knife ()
Date: November 18, 2008 08:44

Why not Bill Wyman playing bass like he did when the Faces reformed for one performance in the 90's. I think that would have a bit of symmetry to it! I can't wait to see them again after all the years--last saw them in 1975. I wouldn't pay $5 to see Rod Stewart these days. This I will pay whatever they're asking.

If it's 1/100th as good as the New York Dolls shows have been since they reformed, it'll blow you out the back of the concert hall.

I DO hope the Faces will record a new album first though--could be amazing!

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: November 18, 2008 08:49

>If it's 1/100th as good as the New York Dolls shows have been since they reformed, it'll blow you out the back of the concert hall.

That's a tall order!

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: November 18, 2008 18:11

Native American. That's anyone born in the US.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 18, 2008 18:26

Jack Knife
Why not Bill Wyman playing bass like he did when the Faces reformed for one performance in the 90's. I think that would have a bit of symmetry to it!

BILL...DOESNT....FLY.....!!

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: November 18, 2008 19:01

Gazza
Jack Knife
Why not Bill Wyman playing bass like he did when the Faces reformed for one performance in the 90's. I think that would have a bit of symmetry to it!

Not even if someone sprinkles some magic pixie dust on him and tells him to think happy thoughts?

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 18, 2008 19:25

timbernardis
IF this tour ends up happening, just what if he ends up loving it so much, get a fresh shot of adrenaline (along with his young thing), is allowed to be a shining star, is it possible, conceivable that he could decide to leave the Stones and become a permanent member of a renewed Faces, assuming all the others agree to re-form as well?

I can hear all the "no"s, "wont happen", are u out of yer mind, etc.

And please no "oh god then taylor will return", no such useless thinking, though I suppose mine is too. Hit me.

the likely thing is there will be no replies to this, as to most of mine.

p

Not sure if I see him voluntarily leaving the Stones as a real possibility, if only because first and foremostly (as you yourself point out), the Faces reunion would probably have to (a) be successful and (b) all members would have to want to permanently reunite ... etc etc. BUT, I do think that perhaps regardless of what HIS thoughts about the STONES might be, I think it's well possible that THEY'VE got a few thoughts of their own about HIM ... conceivably fuelled by all this bollocks about him falling off the wagon and running off with the Russki and so on. I know there's a school of thought out there on IORR that would say "they wouldn't give a toss about all that stuff", but I'm inclined to think that they actually WOULD. And in that respect I think the issue might be less of how Ron would see his future with them ... but a bit more of how they see theirs with him.

Anyway, a Faces reunion would be music to my ears, so I'll concentrate my thoughts on THAT for the moment, and what will ultimately be of the Stones ... prefer not to think on it to be honest. Qui sera sera !! Hope they continue to roll obviously, but how and when and whether with/without Ron ............. f f f f f f f*** knows !! And I'm CERTAINLY not thinking one Mr Taylor might rejoin them, don't see that as even the remotest possibility.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: November 19, 2008 04:10

From Wikipedia:

During 2004 and early 2005 the surviving Faces had several near-reunions, none of which featured more than three members at the same time: In May 2004 Kenney Jones and Ronnie Wood joined Ian McLagan on stage at his concert at The Mean Fiddler in London. In August 2004 Wood and McLagan joined Stewart at the Hollywood Bowl; Wood also appeared at several other of Stewart's 2004 gigs, including New York's Madison Square Garden, the Royal Albert Hall and a street performance in London for an audience of 80,000.[citation needed] In March 2005 McLagan joined Ronnie Wood's band at a London show, which also featured Kenney Jones on drums for the final encore; and in December 2005 Wood joined Ian McLagan & the Bump Band for three numbers at a concert in Houston, Texas.[10]

On 11 June 2008 Rod Stewart announced that the surviving Faces are discussing a possible reunion, envisioning making a recording and/or performing at least one or two concerts.[11]. After more than 30 years since they split, surviving members Rod Stewart, Ronnie Wood, Ian McLagan and Kenney Jones will reunite for a rehearsal on Monday November 17 "just to check if they can remember the songs".[12]. The band's official reunion website was launched earlier the same month. [13]

Anyone know if the meeting happened on Monday?

On their website, [www.the-faces.com]
there's a link to ask Woody a question - however, the link goes straight to a magazine subscription ad - I guess Woody doesn't want to be bothered...

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 19, 2008 05:49

ohnonotyouagain
Gazza
Jack Knife

Not even if someone sprinkles some magic pixie dust on him and tells him to think happy thoughts?

Works for me...

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: DaisyGrace ()
Date: November 19, 2008 06:32

From Austin360 (linkage: [www.austin360.com] )

Faces reunion on the horizon?

By Michael Corcoran | Thursday, November 13, 2008, 10:30 AM

Manor’s leading British keyboard icon Ian McLagan will neither confirm nor deny the report, found here that his old band the Faces are looking into a reunion show.

“Never say never,” is the cryptic comment McLagan issued through publicist Jo Rae DiMenno. The Billboard report says original members McLagan, Rod Stewart, Ron Wood and Kenney Jones will have a rehearsal this Monday “just to check if they can remember the songs,” a source said.

The pub-rock band, best known for “Ooh La La” (sung by Wood, not Stewart) and “Stay With Me,” broke up in 1975.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: November 19, 2008 06:36

It's hard to imagine The Faces reforming without Ronnie Lane. He was by far my favorite member and to my way of thinking the heart of the band, Still, I wish them luck...

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: November 19, 2008 10:25

I am not a die-hard fan of the Faces, I just own the box set, and a few live stuff, but I'm sure I'd go and see them if they happen to play in Paris.
The band really sounded good.

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: November 19, 2008 12:57

If the re-form take place it could tie Ronnie (on and off) up at least till late summer 2009. I personally think its a one-off, Stewart hardly needs it, perhaps he's really thinking of "one final opportunity"-its a bit corny, show biz, but there you go.
It does imply that the Stones had nothing concrete for the first half of 2009- this seems strange, Mick doesn't seem to have much on his plate other than the usual wheeler dealing around Jagger Films and Keith only has his autobiography to destract him and that job of work will in the main fall to the hands of his "co-writer".

Date: November 19, 2008 15:20

<It's hard to imagine The Faces reforming without Ronnie Lane. He was by far my favorite member and to my way of thinking the heart of the band, Still, I wish them luck...>

They did with Tetsu, and that worked out fine, even though not the same.

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: November 19, 2008 19:02

OK, so they've booked a rehearsal room. It's good for the promotion that they tell us this detail. But if it's worth it, they'll only know after the first rehearsal.
I actually think that it's good for him that Ronnie keeps making music even through all of this.

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: November 19, 2008 21:17

ChrisM,

I was going to say what Dandypowderman said. Ronnie Lane was great - but they continued well with Tetsu. 74 and 75 I believe.

Never quite the same though! cf Ronnie replacing Taylor!

Woof.

Posted by: kath51 ()
Date: November 23, 2008 05:25

well, what does it all mean??? no more stones tours ever? has he left the stones? surely they would tell us.....so where does this leave the every day stones fan who NEEDS one more concert??

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: November 23, 2008 07:36

Four Stone Walls
ChrisM,

I was going to say what Dandypowderman said. Ronnie Lane was great - but they continued well with Tetsu. 74 and 75 I believe.

Never quite the same though! cf Ronnie replacing Taylor!

Woof.
Woofs to you, FSW. I suppose that's as maybe regarding Tetsu-san but monsieur Lane has a certain je ne sais quoi that to me was irreplaceable. Like I said, I wish them well. By the way send an electronic postie will tha?

Posted by: kath51 ()
Date: November 25, 2008 03:19

blondie does indeed deserve a LOT more credit than he gets, T&A. i remember for b2b i couldn't figure out why he was there, but i didn't mind. now i adore blondie, he has worked VERY hard to earn his place in that back up spot. fills in guitar for keef a LOT, and a lot of great vocals. he is really important to the band!

sorry, just didn't see a blondie thread.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: November 25, 2008 07:02

Maybe the tour will be sponsored by AA. Surely Ronnie will be back in it 3 more times before the Stones decide to do anything.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: November 25, 2008 09:27

seein' faces live at fillmore east was very easily one of the best shows i've ever ever seen any band pull off anywhere. a real blessing. it was '70 or so, circa long player and 'a nod is as good as a wink' it was really way beyond the greatest rock party with the crunchiest soulful boogie, anyone could hope for...a gift to see them relatively early on in a theatre. boy i think a lot of big rock stars from yesterday and today should give those theatre shows another good look, even tho they're not the total cash machine that might be equal to their draw.
this includes the stones too imo.
hey, if it happens, it's big news for me. love kenney and mac and ronnie and rod. go for it. all fond memories and many thanks to the still missed ronnie lane.
and hats off to steve mariott too; i was a fan before rod and ron took over.
steve did so awesome on that live humble pie album. we are so gifted by these artists work. grateful. hope they go for it, what the hell.

OT: Rod Says Faces Tour Is On!!!
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: November 20, 2008 15:43

Re: OT: Rod Says Faces Tour Is On!!!
Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: November 20, 2008 15:51

... which means a Stones tour 2009 is out of question?

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 5 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1982
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home