Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 6 of 10
Re: OT: Rod Says Faces Tour Is On!!!
Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: November 20, 2008 15:57

an 09 stones tour hasnt been on the cards - apart from a proposed asia run, 2 years ago.

OLDKR

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 20, 2008 16:06

Thommie
... which means a Stones tour 2009 is out of question?

Not necessarily - Rod says the tour will be on summer. The Stones usually start they US tours later in the autumn.

Then it would be like in 1975 - but this time The Stones borrrowing Ronnie for The Faces for a tour.

In any case, it will be exciting year for Ronnie (not that the present one is not that already for him...)

- Doxa

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: November 20, 2008 16:35

As a long-time fan, I really welcome this news. I've seen Rod many times since 1977, but never with Faces. I've also seen all of the living members with one band or another - again, never together. This should be fun.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: November 20, 2008 16:46

Doxa
Thommie

Not necessarily - Rod says the tour will be on summer. The Stones usually start they US tours later in the autumn.

Then it would be like in 1975 - but this time The Stones borrrowing Ronnie for The Faces for a tour.

In any case, it will be exciting year for Ronnie (not that the present one is not that already for him...)

- Doxa

Hope you're right. Faces tour, after that Stones rehearsals, then tour.
Do they really dare to announce a Rolling Stones tour, book venues, sell tickets and so on BEFORE the Faces tour even started?

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: November 20, 2008 16:47

Thommie
Doxa
Thommie

- Doxa

Hope you're right. Faces tour, after that Stones rehearsals, then tour. (I can't see a new album, too)
Do they really dare to announce a Rolling Stones tour, book venues, sell tickets and so on BEFORE the Faces tour even started?

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: November 20, 2008 16:51

Doxa
Thommie

Yes, but with The Faces and "Led Zeppelin" both touring in the summer of '09, I'm not sure if anybody will have any money left for Stones tickets in the fall.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: November 20, 2008 17:01

I don't think the Stones ever planned to tour in '09. They're waiting for the 50th Anniversary/Farewell Tour of 2010-12.

Date: November 20, 2008 17:23

ohnonotyouagain
I don't think the Stones ever planned to tour in '09. They're waiting for the 50th Anniversary/Farewell Tour of 2010-12.

This could be so, but the Stones seem to play with fire: none of them will get any younger, and Keith's fingers will not get any better, etc. so more their 'wait' to the tour to start, the bigger the risky of band's condition going downhill is. But, ironically, I think at the same time the time plays for them: the longer it gets from the 'last time' the bigger is the demand among the big crowds to see them again...they have toured so much and so often that people are so used to see them every second year or something... so, give people few years 'off', and they won't take the chance of seeing The Stones live so granted but more as a privilege or a golden chance...

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-20 17:27 by Doxa.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: November 20, 2008 17:30

"They're waiting for the 50th Anniversary/Farewell Tour of 2010-12."

Does anyone really want this?

Date: November 20, 2008 17:40

I am very excited about this tour... At the same time I have to wonder about what the demand will be for tickets in the US...I could see it being pretty easy to get good tickets.. I also don't expect the front rows to be $400 or what have you..

Its going to be so interesting to follow this tour.. I mean is Ronnie WOod going to be able to carry the band's entire guitar sound like he used to...?

Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: November 20, 2008 18:30

I'm sure Mick's keeping a watchful eye on Tina Turner's 50th anniversary tour...and as she is selling out everywhere...the "50" doesn't seem to keep people away.

PECMAN

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: November 20, 2008 18:33

Why should the Stones change their plans for the Faces and Led Zepplin? if they want to tour they will. How many other big names have toured at the Same time as the Stones, Paul McCartney, U2 , to name but two. Ronnie is one of the Stones and if the Stones play then I'm sure he'd be with them, Faces or no Faces.

Posted by: heinz_str ()
Date: November 20, 2008 18:40

I dont`t need the faces back and special not Rod Steward.
He better sing on the 60`birthday from Prince Charles, like he did.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 20, 2008 18:46

pgarof
Why should the Stones change their plans for the Faces and Led Zepplin? if they want to tour they will. How many other big names have toured at the Same time as the Stones, Paul McCartney, U2 , to name but two. Ronnie is one of the Stones and if the Stones play then I'm sure he'd be with them, Faces or no Faces.

Correct. If Ronnie - or any of the other band members - is going to tour with the Faces - its because they know that their 'schedule' is free during that timeframe. Theres no short term plans for a Stones tour so its no big deal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-20 18:47 by Gazza.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 20, 2008 19:35

I gotta brush up on some Faces material...never did get into them too much!

Hope ticket prices aren't a combination of The Stones and Rod's charges......

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: November 20, 2008 19:55

I'm sure Mick's keeping a watchful eye on Tina Turner's 50th anniversary tour...and as she is selling out everywhere...the "50" doesn't seem to keep people away.

.........there are plenty tickets available.....as someone quite famous always says.....wide open....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-20 23:04 by Rip This.

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: November 20, 2008 19:59

Mick's probably keeping a closer eye on the economy.

A reunited Faces sounds great. It could get Rod off auto-pilot and hopefully keep Ronnie out of trouble. (Now if he were touring with Faces circa 1972, that would be extremely troubling to hear.)

Date: November 20, 2008 21:00

cirrhosis
Mick's probably keeping a closer eye on the economy.

A reunited Faces sounds great. It could get Rod off auto-pilot and hopefully keep Ronnie out of trouble. (Now if he were touring with Faces circa 1972, that would be extremely troubling to hear.)

To keep Ronnie out of trouble... Hmm.. from outset it might not sound promising, namely if we consider that the essential part of mythical Faces was their constant drinking; the band was a nice excuse to keep a good bunch of drinking buddies together, and have a party every night... and Ronnie is nowadays an on/off rehab guy. And what would the totally straight Faces be like? The same band? Perhaps they could rename themselves... let me help them:

THE NEW FACES -> THE FACES -> THE SOBER FACES

grinning smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: November 20, 2008 21:16

The Faces tour probably won't be large scaled and most likely will just be during the summer. The Stones could start in the Fall 09 if they wanted to. The Faces Tour would be a great warm-up for Ronnie.

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: November 20, 2008 21:18

I just hope that they don't try and charge Stones prices, they were always a good time band more suited to smaller arenas and theatres.
Been listening to some of their boots recently, all very good and obviously great fun, pretty good sound recording for the time as well.

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: November 20, 2008 21:19

I would bet any decision Ronnie made was first discussed and cleared in a call or visit with MJ.

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: November 20, 2008 22:34

Doxa
To keep Ronnie out of trouble... Hmm.. from outset it might not sound promising, namely if we consider that the essential part of mythical Faces was their constant drinking

This is what I meant by the "circa 1972" comment. To have the 2008 Ronnie touring with that kind of wild atmosphere would be asking for trouble. But somehow, I don't see Rod or the other members trying to relive their 70's party image.

Date: November 21, 2008 02:06

Pecman

PECMAN

Hardly a fair comparison

Tina hasnt toured in eight years and her tickets are $60 to about $150 in most places.

Date: November 21, 2008 02:12

keep in mind when rod hit the dc area a few months back and played a pavillion outdoorsy place with say 18000 capacity they only sold half the tickets.. from what i heard through a reliable grapevine the promote (live nation) had paid rod such a heavy advance/fee to make the show happen that they took a bath

i think- and i think this is good news that it may be possible for the dedicated fan to get good tickets to this tour and at a reasonable price..

i just can't see them selling tickets at the level of the stones/u2/pearl jam.. the demand just isn't there

and thats a good thing for us!

either way wherever they play and whatever it costs i will be there and i will be there close... i love faces... they are definitely one of my bands cause they play that chuck berry shit like the ac dc, stones and all the other greats.

i take note that late february ian maclagan is playing a really small place out in virginia and i plan to go to that.. its the kind of place you stand a good chance of talking to the artist.. reminds me its time to get those tickets (only $17)..

i wonder if this tour was put together by the gang- the idea that is- at ron woods' daughters wedding... weren't they all there?

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: November 21, 2008 03:00

They (may be) waiting for the 50th Anniversary tour, period.

Which ever one of you wants to say farewell to them on that tour, go ahead.

They don't plan on doing the same.

plexi

Date: November 21, 2008 03:04

timbernardis
They (may be) waiting for the 50th Anniversary tour, period.

I seriously doubt they'll wait that long. A five year gap and then going out on the road when theyre about 70? No chance. Plus they have a new record contract. They wont wait 4 years to make a new record.

I think this "50th anniversary" tag is a bit pie in the sky to be honest. I doubt the Stones have thought about it much. I'd be amazed if they're still able to tour for any length of time by then anyway.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: November 21, 2008 03:09

The "official" Faces website (as described by Google), [www.the-faces.com], has nothing on this, so I ask again, has a site been set up for this reunion, or are these various news reports all we have so far?

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: November 21, 2008 05:42

stoned in washington dc
I am very excited about this tour... At the same time I have to wonder about what the demand will be for tickets in the US...I could see it being pretty easy to get good tickets.. I also don't expect the front rows to be $400 or what have you.

A lot depends on how much they're willing to spend on advertising and on how cleverly that money gets spent. I think if you're a Rod fan, you've got to be there, and if you're a Stones fan, this is the only game in town right now. As far as price goes, Rod's tickets have always been expensive. These will be more expensive than that, probably much more expensive.

Posted by: tippy2toes ()
Date: November 21, 2008 07:16

Well Rod and the boys had better have a new cd of new material. That will draw a crowd to the shows, I guess. I personally think it will sell good. Rod should include some solo material to go with the Faces in concert.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 21, 2008 07:32

tatters
stoned in washington dc
I am very excited about this tour... At the same time I have to wonder about what the demand will be for tickets in the US...I could see it being pretty easy to get good tickets.. I also don't expect the front rows to be $400 or what have you.

A lot depends on how much they're willing to spend on advertising and on how cleverly that money gets spent. I think if you're a Rod fan, you've got to be there, and if you're a Stones fan, this is the only game in town right now. As far as price goes, Rod's tickets have always been expensive. These will be more expensive than that, probably much more expensive.

I tend to doubt that. The "Rod" name will help sell some tickets. The fact that Ronnie Wood a current and or ex-stone as the case may be is on the bill may sell some tickets...But honestly I think they will struggle to sell tickets in arenas. If they do play theatres or small arenas,they may be able to sell better. If they do play large arenas,what might help is the now popular idea of having a GA floor and reserved seats.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 6 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1940
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home