Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT : Michael Jackson To Announce 30 Date World Tour
Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: October 25, 2008 19:49

Michael Jackson To Announce 30 Date World Tour

More Michael Jackson

by Jason Gregory
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Photo by: WENN

More Michael Jackson
Michael Jackson will play a 30 date world tour in 30 different cities around the world next year, according to reports.

The singer flew to Los Angeles from his home in Las Vegas earlier this week to finalise details for the jaunt with his managers.

Jackson, who hasn’t toured since he was cleared of child molestation charges in 2005, is said to have discussed his plans with a fan.

“Michael said he wasn’t doing a Vegas residency but was going on a world tour, taking in 30 cities next year,” the fan told the Sun newspaper.

“He said he wanted to do it for his kids. He wants them to see what he does, and he wants to take them on the road.”

Earlier this year, Jackson was rumored to be in talks to perform a residency in Las Vegas.

As previously reported on Gigwise, Jackson was spotted on Thursday at Off The Wall, an antiques store in West Hollywood which is named after his 1979 album.

source

GIGWISE

Re: OT : Michael Jackson To Announce 30 Date World Tour
Posted by: R ()
Date: October 25, 2008 19:52

Will he be having his nose reattached between numbers? What if he's doing that head jerking think and it flies off?

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: October 25, 2008 20:22

R
Will he be having his nose reattached between numbers? What if he's doing that head jerking think and it flies off?

LMAO!! hot smiley

Posted by: SimonV ()
Date: October 25, 2008 20:24

Yeah yeah we've heard the nose and child molestation jokes before..

If he does I will be there (isn't that a Jackson's song?). Unless it's a combination of the Amsterdam Arena, high ticket prices and lousy reviews. I won't be going JUST BECAUSE he's Michael Jackson.

And "hasn’t toured since he was cleared of child molestation charges in 2005"? He hasn't toured since 1998 damnit! Why are people still so obsessed by his every move? I care about a decent album and a good tour. He hasn't done either for 7 years now (Invincible was alright).

Simon
myspace.com/koningsimon

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: October 25, 2008 20:30

He puts on a great show...lots of energy. I saw him solo as well as w/The Jackson 5. I would see him again...only at MSG though.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: October 25, 2008 20:47

didnt he do this before, only to cancel because of poor ticket sales LOL, and then he pretended it was an illness to avoid the humiliation

Posted by: batcave ()
Date: October 25, 2008 20:56

He always tells fans that he's working on a new album and plans to do shows, then never does. His brothers do the same thing, "Oh yes, we are going to tour and yep, Michael is going to be there too."....then nothing.

I think the best thing to do is simply listen to his past music, watch his concert videos and be happy with that because it's doubtful you'll see anything new from him at this point. I mean, fans are STILL waiting for the Hurricane Katrina charity single and if he can't get a single song together, what are the odds of putting together an album and tour?

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: October 25, 2008 21:04

May be, he really does the need the money, right now.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: October 25, 2008 21:11

Thanks for the warning!

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: October 25, 2008 22:36

It's his choice to work, our choice to support it.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 26, 2008 02:58

Sponsored by Ringling Brothers Circus.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: October 26, 2008 03:38

Maybe Donny Osmond will open for him!!

Date: October 26, 2008 03:55

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 26, 2008 12:09

scottkeef
Maybe Donny Osmond will open for him!!

there's a molestation joke in there somewhere, but I'll resist the temptation....

Posted by: the juf ()
Date: October 26, 2008 12:11

I don't:
for adults only

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-10-26 12:12 by the juf.

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: October 26, 2008 12:14

Prehaps, in 1982 at least, a musical genious. But I'd never go to his shows or buy his albums. I'd feel like I was supporting child molestation, and that's not going to happen - not even when hell freezes over.
I really hope people turn his back on him!

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: October 26, 2008 13:17

Addicted
I'd feel like I was supporting child molestation, and that's not going to happen - not even when hell freezes over.

that´s complete bullsh*t!

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: October 26, 2008 13:23

Addicted
But I'd never go to his shows or buy his albums. I'd feel like I was supporting child molestation

Haha!!! That made me laugh! So, using your way of thinking one could say that going to the Rolling Stones shows is like supporting drug use. Gimme a break!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 26, 2008 14:00

Addicted
Prehaps, in 1982 at least, a musical genious. But I'd never go to his shows or buy his albums. I'd feel like I was supporting child molestation, and that's not going to happen - not even when hell freezes over.

No qualms about watching the Stones when Wyman was still in the band, though?

Date: October 26, 2008 14:15

franzk
Addicted
But I'd never go to his shows or buy his albums. I'd feel like I was supporting child molestation

Haha!!! That made me laugh! So, using your way of thinking one could say that going to the Rolling Stones shows is like supporting drug use. Gimme a break!

Well not really, Michael Jackson was cleared of all charges and Mick and Keith have been busted numerous times for drugs posession and whatever.

Simon
myspace.com/koningsimon

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: October 26, 2008 14:25

Well, I have to say that I don't care about Jackson at all, but this article made me lugh. First - Sun is a very reliable source and as much as I understand, the article is based on an information that a fan of MJ told the Sun. Now the fans of Jackson should get really excited - it is alomost an official tour announcemet!

Date: October 26, 2008 15:38

stoneswashed77
Addicted
I'd feel like I was supporting child molestation, and that's not going to happen - not even when hell freezes over.

that´s complete bullsh*t!

Sure, and I guess you believed O. J. was innocent!

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: October 26, 2008 15:47

batcave
I mean, fans are STILL waiting for the Hurricane Katrina charity single and if he can't get a single song together, what are the odds of putting together an album and tour?

I know, it's almost all I ever think about anymore. Every day I get out of bed and say "Another day, and STILL no new Michael Jackson single!"

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 26, 2008 15:49

Off The Wall and Thriller are both fantastic albums. Everything after is meerly OK, or terrible.

He was the king of pop for a time and imo, is worthy of serious appreciation.

Date: October 26, 2008 16:02

that is true what gazza said about wyman, i would go a step further and suggest that old billy boy should be doing hard time somewhere

Date: October 26, 2008 16:12

Well, at least he held it down to teenage girls!!(I aint defending-I'm just saying it aint exactly the same thing)

and of course we've all heard the story about Mick and Papa Johns daughter.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-10-26 16:14 by scottkeef.

Date: October 26, 2008 16:35

was she under 18 at the time, if so mick is another perv

Date: October 26, 2008 16:40

"I swear to ya doc,she was 15 going on 30" (McMurphy "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest")!!

Date: October 26, 2008 17:14

The "age of consent" in most places, on average, seems to be about sixteen.
The link below shows age of consent for most countries and for the states within the U.S.
Interestingly, some places allow males to consent at a much younger age than females.

[www.avert.org]

Date: October 26, 2008 17:48

scottkeef
Well, at least he held it down to teenage girls!!(I aint defending-I'm just saying it aint exactly the same thing)

and of course we've all heard the story about Mick and Papa Johns daughter.

So a teenage girl is fine but messing with a teenage boy makes you a perv? Sounds a tad homofobic to me.

Besides, while Wyman was public about it, Michael has denied everything and has been cleared of all charges.

Simon
myspace.com/koningsimon

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1253
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home