Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5657585960616263646566...LastNext
Current Page: 61 of 86
Re: Add Photos of Your Rarities
Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: August 14, 2012 21:54

Stoneage
May I ask the price, Kurt? Was there charity involved?

Charity? No.

At the very beginning of the Bridges to Babylon tour in the fall of 1997, they would post a new auction item every few weeks on the Rolling Stones official website. I remember a Lion poster autographed by the four of them, and an autographed CD perhaps.

This jacket was the first item that they auctioned, I think. I don't believe that there were more than 3 bids. I remember that the poster went for more money than this jacket did!

The auctions didn't last long...I don't think they got nearly the response that they had hoped for. Remember, this wasn't even on eBay!

I remember being terrified that I'd been tricked, until the box showed up at my office sent directly from Anthill.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: August 14, 2012 22:15

Kurt
Stoneage
May I ask the price, Kurt? Was there charity involved?

Charity? No.

At the very beginning of the Bridges to Babylon tour in the fall of 1997, they would post a new auction item every few weeks on the Rolling Stones official website. I remember a Lion poster autographed by the four of them, and an autographed CD perhaps.

This jacket was the first item that they auctioned, I think. I don't believe that there were more than 3 bids. I remember that the poster went for more money than this jacket did!

The auctions didn't last long...I don't think they got nearly the response that they had hoped for. Remember, this wasn't even on eBay!

I remember being terrified that I'd been tricked, until the box showed up at my office sent directly from Anthill.

SWEEEEEEEEEEEETTT!!!

The moral (again) is... "Get it while the getting is good".

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: August 14, 2012 22:34

Licked by Mick, Keith, Ronnie, Charlie and Bill after the last show at the O2 in 2007

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: August 14, 2012 22:45

electricmud

Great, Tom! Here´s mine, Hamburg 2009:

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 14, 2012 23:30

Harm
Licked by Mick, Keith, Ronnie, Charlie and Bill after the last show at the O2 in 2007

That's great, Harm. Now you have their DNA samples. Maybe you should clone them? Then we will have a new Rolling Stones in twenty years time.

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: August 15, 2012 14:19

The works signed by the man himself.

Date: August 15, 2012 17:50

Ron Wood, Bill Wyman and David Bowie during an jam session 1974.
Signed By Bill Wyman and Ron Wood.

Date: September 1, 2012 15:54

My newest sixties autographs.
keith has draw a duck.

Posted by: peter wilson ()
Date: September 9, 2012 22:42

Nothing really very special at all, but it is always nice to stumble upon some things when doing a bit of a garage clean-up on a Sunday (and it is still sealed!). I was looking for my SF 1981 Candle Stick Park photos (still lookin'!!)

Date: September 19, 2012 12:55

Some other signed items:
Talk is cheap signed by Keith:

Honky Tonk Woman 45 signed by Bill Wyman, Charlie Watts and Mick Taylor:

Date: October 3, 2012 18:50

10x8 picture with nice and clear autographs from Charlie and Mick taylor.

Date: October 6, 2012 16:17

Very cool signed Keith picture. Signed at the Crazy Larrys club in the kings road London at a private party 28 feb 1987. I add 2 pictures from this party.
Picture credits: Paul lovell.
With great provenance, from the Paul Lovell collection!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-06 16:20 by steffiestones.

Posted by: arc-angel ()
Date: October 6, 2012 16:33

... A nice one Stefaan!
Congratulation ...
Andreas

Date: October 6, 2012 16:38

Thanks Andreas!

Date: October 6, 2012 16:53

... to bring some more color in this thread :-) Voodoo Lounge merchandise items from VW.

the only missing item is the backpack ...

Andreas

Date: October 6, 2012 17:09

Nice Andreas, when do you start your museum?

Date: October 6, 2012 17:21

... in lovely condition:

Tristar Tounge Clock & Tounge Phone from the 80's.

... including original packaging, all papers and a promo flyer

Not seen before in such a condition and completeness ...

Andreas

Date: October 6, 2012 17:25

This phone is still missing in my collection...

Date: October 6, 2012 17:36

... some nice press kits from Stones on TV

Andreas

Date: October 6, 2012 18:26

... my signed LIFE including the laminate pass and (still sealed!) promo guitar picks (there are two in the pack, but I hesitate to open it ;-)

Andreas

Date: October 6, 2012 18:31

... rare and not often seen on the market is the STU book (made from out-take, similar to Genesis publications, but published from William Nash), which includes a nice signed litho from Ronnie in a separate folder - all made from goat leather.
It is a great (bot expensive) book!

Andreas

Date: October 6, 2012 18:39

.... and the last one for today is this stunning 40 Licks award (made from certified RIAA company "Jewel Box Platinum" in Los Angeles) ...

Andreas

Date: October 6, 2012 18:48

My copy of Life signed edition with black wristband, ticket and the plastic bag from Waterstones London. Look to the likeness of Andreas autograph and my autograph, you almost think it's autopen signed but there are little differents.
Only 450 lucky people had the chance to get a signed copy of Life. The first 150 people in the queue did receive a numbered gold wristband. People in the queue from 151 to 450 got a black wristband. The people with a gold wristbands would get in to meet Keith but the black wristbands wouldn't, they would however get a signed book. Keith has presigned 300 copies, for the people with the black wristbands, on an extra page in the book which is headed 'Exclusive Signed Edition'. This page doesn't exist in the normal version of the book. Only 300 copies exist with the extra page 'Exclusive Signed Edition' and was only availlable at Waterstones on the 3th nov 2010. So there is never any dispute as to it's authenticity.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 6, 2012 18:50

arc-angel, you are missing a few things (that I know of) in the VW collection. There is a neck tie, tote bag, frisbee, pants suspenders, light jacket, t-shirt and watch. These things are not easy to find. Good luck, I've been trying for years.

Date: October 6, 2012 19:29

frankotero
arc-angel, you are missing a few things (that I know of) in the VW collection. There is a neck tie, tote bag, frisbee, pants suspenders, light jacket, t-shirt and watch. These things are not easy to find. Good luck, I've been trying for years.
Hi frankotero,

I have the frisbee, t-shirt somewhere but couldn't find now. The watch and stickers and notepaper is here ;-) (I really have too much to find them now).

The light jacket is new to me (and yes pant suspenders I miss as well), thanks for that info ... again something for my want list ;-)

Cheers
Andreas

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: October 7, 2012 02:32

electricmud
I`m so happy with it, I have to share this one with you:

Charlie signed my 10 inch vinyl at Cafe Ursprung, Rostock, Germany (12.3.2012).Very small venue , just around 100 people. I was lucky still standing right in front of his 1949 drumkit when all of a sudden he came back on this little stage to talk to his technician. Rolling his eyes and looking at the ceiling, when I gave him my From One Charlie. Laid it down on his Right-Tom and signed it. No , signing is not right. Drawing is better. Stopped two times, looked at it, added a little thing here and there, and gave it back to me when he thougt it was perfect. No words. It is perfect and looks so beautiful. I´m still smilingsmiling smiley. Thank you Charlie Watts for a perfect evening.

Tom

This is so cool - great drawing, great story, and great Charlie. Rock on!smoking smiley

Date: October 7, 2012 16:04

... to bring some more color in this thread ...

My Flashpoint collectibles ... I'm still looking for the Zippo (so if somebody wants to get rid of that Zippo, please contact me ;-)

Andreas

Posted by: boynamedsue69 ()
Date: October 8, 2012 08:52

bought this many years ago in london and carried all around europe. they had a matching keith one but was unable to buy it at the time as a backpacker. still rue that decission today

Date: October 8, 2012 10:25

Got the same but different colors. Comes from Vinyl Experience London.

Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: October 8, 2012 12:36

A rarely seen autograph of me. Ultrarare!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5657585960616263646566...LastNext
Current Page: 61 of 86

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2189
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home