Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344...LastNext
Current Page: 39 of 86
Re: Add photos of your rarities....
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 3, 2009 20:02

Burial Plot

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: April 4, 2009 03:40

Is that a lake in the background of schillid's pic? Heck, even it looks like the tongue logo!

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 4, 2009 07:56

Do you think they have Photoshop in the great beyond?

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: April 4, 2009 08:25

stones- relics, i get to dc at times, would like to see your collection.

U arent the guy who works in the National Archives (Archives I on Constitution Ave) are you?

And what has become of Matt Lee in this thread?

the plexi

Posted by: souldoggie ()
Date: April 4, 2009 09:50

1978 was the first Stones tour that I hit the road, so to speak, and saw multiple shows. Six shows all told. These Stones tour wearable's I picked up along the way. They are all officially licensed souvenirs, except the "After Six" yellow tux jacket which was a radio station give-a-way up in Buffalo. Pretty cool item though, as it was a replica of the coat Mick jumped around in on that tour. There really wasn't a lot of officially licensed stuff for sale in those days. You had to search far and wide to find a booth where they were selling this "Raindrop Productions" stuff. The belt buckle shows a cropped picture of the tour poster. I've never seen those blue basketball shorts on Ebay or anywhere else. Anybody else got a pair or seen these before?

Posted by: souldoggie ()
Date: April 4, 2009 10:07

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: April 4, 2009 12:11

a golden scarf, very cool, from the european tour '82.

Date: April 4, 2009 15:21

schillid
Do you think they have Photoshop in the great beyond?

Hey, how about a mirror-effect, where you just see an endless line of tongue logos going off into infinity? smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: arc-angel ()
Date: April 4, 2009 20:35

stone-relics
Here are some UK export block outs...likely the block out logos are for export records sent to countries without UK Decca rights. Note both all the logos on the covers AND labels are blocked out with colored tape. Red tape to match the LP labels, and blue to match the 7" labels. Black for the LP covers.

Satisfaction and the Last Time, both "Open Decca" so pretty early pressings...

Rolling Stones #2 1-A / 1-A matrices...again EARLY press...

Out of Our Heads, later press, 12-A / 8-B matrices, but "Open Decca" labels...

Here is an "Out Of Our Heads" bought from a collector in Canada (Greenish cover, boxed Decca, who bought in new in the early 70's, with a London Import Sticker, but NOT covering Decca and nothing unusual on the back...other than it has the misprinted "Decca 965" date on back cover.

Great and very interesting records JR - and these "block outs" are even new to me! Have seen one a some month ago at a record fair, but decided not to buy this one ... because of the "damaged" label .... (okay I'm wiser now :-) Is there also a Debut album "block out" I have to hunt for :-)?
Andreas

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: April 4, 2009 22:46

arc-angel
stone-relics
Here are some UK export block outs...likely the block out logos are for export records sent to countries without UK Decca rights. Note both all the logos on the covers AND labels are blocked out with colored tape. Red tape to match the LP labels, and blue to match the 7" labels. Black for the LP covers.

Satisfaction and the Last Time, both "Open Decca" so pretty early pressings...

Rolling Stones #2 1-A / 1-A matrices...again EARLY press...

Out of Our Heads, later press, 12-A / 8-B matrices, but "Open Decca" labels...

Here is an "Out Of Our Heads" bought from a collector in Canada (Greenish cover, boxed Decca, who bought in new in the early 70's, with a London Import Sticker, but NOT covering Decca and nothing unusual on the back...other than it has the misprinted "Decca 965" date on back cover.

Great and very interesting records JR - and these "block outs" are even new to me! Have seen one a some month ago at a record fair, but decided not to buy this one ... because of the "damaged" label .... (okay I'm wiser now :-) Is there also a Debut album "block out" I have to hunt for :-)?
Andreas

I think there SHOULD be a "block out" label for the 1st LP, but I haven't seen one. But possibly too early. Still trying to figure out exactly what they are.

Let me know if you find one!

JR

Date: April 6, 2009 00:56

All Known US variation of 1st US single, Stoned.

Top Left...Stock copy 1-a matrices; top right, 1st US Promo, 1-b matrices;
Bottom left, 2nd US promo 1-c matrices; bottom right, 1-e matrices.

No known 1-d, matrices, if you have one, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

JR

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: April 6, 2009 02:04

Tim, I am back! Sorry for the delay, been working all week after a very quick NYC trip.

A few random bits of my collection featured in the The Ronnie Wood Window at Harrods during the "Harrods Rocks" exhibition a couple of years ago (and the girl I am still in love with).....

Date: April 6, 2009 02:12

A Steel Wheels Skateboard (a trip NYC acquisition). The nicest of the designs (IMHO).

Date: April 6, 2009 02:13

The Window card for this show has already been posted... here is the Handbill (again a NYC aquisition).

Date: April 6, 2009 02:15

A couple of Birds Handbills.... get me started on the Birds and we could be here all night. Got a few more Faces bits in NYC too. Lots more to come....

Date: April 6, 2009 11:27

This is one of the original signature lithographs produced in 98. This is one of 5 Black and Blue Artists Proof prints. Note the thoughtful "Black and Blue" signature by Ronnie...

Date: April 6, 2009 13:22

Peachtree Celebration Faces Poster.... (large cardboard boxing style). I just picked up the smaller tree artwork poster for this concert in NYC last week too! I will post that later.

Date: April 6, 2009 13:33

mattleeuk

WOW! What year is this from?

My first-ever concert was Three Dog Night (headliners) supported by Faces at Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium.

Date: April 6, 2009 13:42

Date: April 6, 2009 13:53

mattleeuk

Yep, must have been within a few days of my first show.
Wish I was smart enough back then to save my ticket stub.

Date: April 6, 2009 18:01

Nice Scores, Matt! I saw that faces tour in 72, Salem or Roanoke, VA....

JR

Date: April 6, 2009 22:05

Here are the 60s variations of the 1st Stones Single, Come On, backed with Baby, I Want to Be Loved.

Top left, UK Decca Demo, top right, Original 1963 Stock copy, note --Recording 1st Published in 1963... print on left sided of label, bottom left, later edition (unboxed Decca Label), mid 60s without Recording 1st Published...; late 60's (Boxed Decca Label) reissue.

JR

Date: April 7, 2009 22:00

And for today's viewing pleasure, UK Stoned...I will TRY and do one of these a day...but it seems like interest is waning. Its been a good ride, though...

Top Left, misspelled UK Demo, StoneS!; Stock copy, mispelled StoneS; 1st issue, correctly spelled Stoned; late 60s reissue, Stoned.

JR

enjoy your rarities...
Date: April 8, 2009 02:59

JR

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-04-08 15:24 by stone-relics.

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: April 8, 2009 19:35

Signed by the artist himself!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-04-08 19:39 by steffiestones.

Re: enjoy your rarities...
Date: April 9, 2009 20:17

stone-relics
JR
Hi JR, coming back from business travel and just ran through the forum, but your pics are gone, so I'm curious what you showed :-)

Andreas

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: April 9, 2009 20:29

If you´re interested in 12" and maxisingles by the Stones, have a look here:
[mickijaggeroo.proboards.com]

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: April 9, 2009 20:34

mattleeuk
Peachtree Celebration Faces Poster.... (large cardboard boxing style). I just picked up the smaller tree artwork poster for this concert in NYC last week too! I will post that later.
Matt, I think you got some great faces stuff in NYC! I wished I had the time at the moment, but unfortunately I'm too busy.

Meanwhile I got the Faces promo box, which is really nice ... and rare.

Andreas

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: April 9, 2009 22:34

Here's my urban jungle press pack.

All in their wrappers.

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 10, 2009 00:00

Thanks for those pictures NickB. I saw that Urban Jungle box in a glass case one time in Tokyo. Was too afraid to ask the price or take a look inside. Now I know it's contents after all these years. Mystery solved. I love this thread!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344...LastNext
Current Page: 39 of 86

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1977
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home