Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 36
Re: Photo thread - TOTA '75 Only--(featuring MORE new ROPENI classic MSG photos!)
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: August 20, 2009 00:59

This is from one account:

"Back in 1975 the Rolling Stones played a July 4th concert to a crowd of 50,000 in Memphis. The morning of the fifth, Keith Richards, Ron Wood, bodyguard Jim Callaghan and a fan, Fred (or maybe "Red") A. Sessler, who had been following the tour, rented a yellow Chevrolet Impala and took the scenic route to their next show in Dallas.
"

Re: Photo thread - TOTA '75 Only--(featuring MORE new ROPENI classic MSG photos!)
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 20, 2009 01:07

Yeah Yeah hb...that's more like what I recall.....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: photosfromphilly ()
Date: August 20, 2009 03:46

Rockman, I suppose we have another homework assignment. When I read about that incident a few weeks after meeting the stones, what struck me from the report was the description of Keith Richard's Bently. But I certainly could be wrong, and this shouldn't be too difficult to confirm or refute.

Would Keith be driving a Bently cross country..probably unlikely....

Okay, now I have an OLLIE BROWN look a like walking backstage with Jagger, and now a phantom Bentley being driver by Keith.

We have two facts that need checking....

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: August 20, 2009 03:53

I, personally, would be scared shitless to be within a mile of Keith behind the wheel.

Date: August 20, 2009 17:23

[www.foxnews.com]

This is a link to a news story about Keith Richards auto accident in Arkansas

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 20, 2009 20:38

here's the Fordyce account hbwriter is quoting: [users.aristotle.net] -
which is the same account SwayStones posted in this recent thread: [www.iorr.org] , which has some other photos & stuff in it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-08-20 21:00 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 21, 2009 02:11

Hey yeah that's okay photosfromphilly.....

Was just the image of a Bentley in Fordyce .. something like
George Bush wanderin' around Baghdad in an Hawaiian print shirt ....

ROCKMAN

Date: August 21, 2009 02:31

[www.cbsnews.com]

hucklebee recalls the Keith Richards affair;

[www.cbsnews.com]

I read several stories that mentioned Keith smashing his Bentley...had the AP clipping in my files, but everything we've produced so far just mentions a "swerve' reckless driving violation.

Can we review the repair records for the Bentley? If not, can we determine the Ollie Brown Look a like in the backstage shot?

Date: August 21, 2009 03:25

photosfromphilly
[www.foxnews.com]

This is a link to a news story about Keith Richards auto accident in Arkansas

Seen this yet, Roger ?

Date: August 21, 2009 08:54

>> I read several stories that mentioned Keith smashing his Bentley <<

but that was a different incident, photosfromphilly - or rather a few different incidents -
that took place in the UK, nothing to do with the Fordyce 75 arrest.

Posted by: jeanmarie ()
Date: August 21, 2009 10:32

with sssoul
>> I read several stories that mentioned Keith smashing his Bentley <<

but that was a different incident, photosfromphilly - or rather a few different incidents -
that took place in the UK, nothing to do with the Fordyce 75 arrest.

yes on the 76 UK leg

Date: August 21, 2009 10:56

thanks jeanmarie. he had a few other crashes in the Bentley as well, of course -
if memory serves there was one incident in 1969 when Anita's collarbone was broken,
and on another occasion (73, maybe?) he was fined for damage to a tree

Date: August 21, 2009 11:53

just remember the 76, won't have to pay his insurance ... does he still drive his cars !

Date: August 22, 2009 22:04

thanks, JM--

Date: August 22, 2009 22:06

and some great Charlie Auringer stuff here from 75 (and other years as well)

[www.backstagegallery.com]

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: September 5, 2009 01:39

One more from 6/22/75-
l will refrain from commenting on it,but you are welcome to it.

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Date: September 5, 2009 04:49

Ropeni, the KING returns smiling smiley

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: September 5, 2009 04:56

if mick wasnt a fruit back then it was a pretty damn good imitation

Date: September 5, 2009 17:00

-and jmarie's '75 book is amazing!

Date: September 5, 2009 20:04

hbwriter
-and jmarie's '75 book is amazing!

from St malo Beach to Huntington beach ... Book atlantic crossing to destination HB

Date: September 5, 2009 20:44

Honestman
Palace Revolution 2000
Honestman, I have a question: the Frankfurt shot on previous page, where Keith's mouth is swelling because of teeth problem; is that from the same gig, where we have the famous picture of Keith with his scarf over his face? I think you posted that shot in the "Fave Keith pic" thread. It's the one used n the cover of "Seid Ihr Wach" CD.

Hi Palace Revolution 2000,

i don't want to spoil the thread with 1976's pics, but to answer to your question,(hope the others will forgive me) i will make an exception.
From the same French magazine BEST (An awesome one), there's only two pics from this show

here it is

And for the shot posted in The Fav Keith Thread, i think you mean this one,
I'm not sure that's from the same gig,(It's not mentionned in the book, but i think so)

again from the same magazine and same photographer for both pics
Jean-Yves LEGRAS

The other pics i've posted for Keith with the scarf are taken from Rock'n'folk
and Best again and there are not Live show pictures, there are for the front cover of the magazines only (Studio Pictures and well known)!

HMNwinking smiley

Thanx Honestman. But the 76 photo I am referring to is the one used for the boot "Seid Ihr Wach". Keith has a scarf all over his face, and I wonder if that might be the toothache show.

Date: September 6, 2009 02:43

A few more from those glorious shows- MSG 1975: Enjoy

Date: September 6, 2009 04:42

all hail.... ROPENI!!!!

Date: September 6, 2009 05:31

Roland is putting up the most amazing shots.
The one shot from behind the amps seems to lend creedence to Mathijs' statement that several of those Amps (cabs) are not hooked up.

Date: September 6, 2009 14:57

Palace Revolution 2000
The one shot from behind the amps seems to lend creedence to Mathijs' statement that several of those Amps (cabs) are not hooked up.

And why would that be ?

Date: September 6, 2009 15:52

Because they are back there, not hooked up.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: September 18, 2009 15:38

Here's a great Poster taken from this US magazinewinking smiley

HMN

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: September 18, 2009 16:47

Many thanks Roland.Beautiful photos as always.thumbs up

HonestmanWhere did you actually hang it ? I am not allowed to hang Jagger's posters upstairs....winking smiley Too many books already ! Only in the office at the ground floor....One day will come when I'll fall in the stairs...

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: September 18, 2009 20:17

SwayStones

HonestmanWhere did you actually hang it ? I am not allowed to hang Jagger's posters upstairs....winking smiley Too many books already ! Only in the office at the ground floor....One day will come when I'll fall in the stairs...

The 2 Mankowitz's ones are in my living room and the one above is...in the hallway!
As i wrote yesterday, be kind with your husbandwinking smiley and all should be right!
(But don't talk him about T.O.T.A now>grinning smiley<)

HMN

Date: September 19, 2009 03:02

SwayStones
Many thanks Roland.Beautiful photos as always.thumbs up

You are very welcome Sway--More to come

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 36

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2013
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home