Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 36
Re: Photo thread - TOTA '75 Only--New Mission (& new photos)
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: August 14, 2009 20:22

i was at the clapton one--the guy next to me was screaming, "Lennon! Lennon!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-08-14 20:38 by hbwriter.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 14, 2009 20:43

Mathjis I respect your knowledge immensely but imho Keith did not always handle the bass duty on Sympathy in `75 : sure hey did in June 22 but listen to the fantastic July 9 version. There are clearly TWO guitars on this one.

Posted by: jeanmarie ()
Date: August 14, 2009 21:16

hbwriter
Jean Marie--is your 1975 book still available?

HB n as I complete this document , I did a new version , I have to reprint, but send me an email if you want more detail, my email is in my profile

Date: August 14, 2009 22:11

done!

Date: August 15, 2009 01:51

dcba
OTOH the no-Happy shows affair is not clear.

Vermeille says June 25 & 26 but the boot "I Can Sing Lady Jane" (VGP-305) shows it wasn't played either on June 24.
Vermeille also says he witnessed Keith losing his voice that night (June 24) during You Gotta Move. So logically Happy was skipped that same night.

So either :
- the "no-Happy shows are June 24+25 and Vermeille's account is flawed : he saw 2 Happy-less shows which were June 24+25 but he remembered June 25&26.

- or there were indeed THREE no-Happy shows : June 24-25-26 and Vermeille did not notice the absence of Happy at the June 24 gig (secondhand ganja smoke?) smoking smiley

I checked all my NYC 75 boots:
22 the was the Eric Clapton show. "Happy" was played.
23 was the first "Cherry Oh Baby" show. "Happy" was played.
24 was the Lady Jane show. "Happy" was NOT played.
25 was the Wizard show on DAC; "Happy" was NOT played.
26 is the show from the Annie L photo. This is the hardest one to get straight - no recording from the 26th I have has "Happy" on it, but none are complete.
27 was the Hold on Tight show; "Cherry Oh Baby" was played again; "Happy" was played; Santana sat in on SFTD

Gazza's Rox Off site shows "Happy" being played on the 26th.
Nico's Complete Works shows "Happy" being played on 26th.

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: August 15, 2009 02:41

Palace Revolution 2000
26 is the show from the Annie L photo. This is the hardest one to get straight - no recording from the 26th I have has "Happy" on it, but none are complete.

Which Annie L photo are we referring to here?

Date: August 15, 2009 07:22

B--i wondered the same

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: August 15, 2009 12:12

Tornandfrayed
hbwriter
Jesse Ed Davis was up there?? Any photos?

Not at MSG. There are rumours that he played with them at one of the L.A. shows but they are probably false since this has never been confirmed and there is no evidence whatsoever.

It is certainly true, he most likely joined July 12. I have seen one picture of the Stones with Davis in the background, stuck behind Wood between Charlie and the Ampeg amps. That picture was posted on this board several years ago. Isn't it in the book by Jeanmarie as well?

Mathijs

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: August 15, 2009 12:14

dcba
Mathjis I respect your knowledge immensely but imho Keith did not always handle the bass duty on Sympathy in `75 : sure hey did in June 22 but listen to the fantastic July 9 version. There are clearly TWO guitars on this one.

I meant the New York shows. In LA Keith played guitar, Wyman bass.

Mathijs

Date: August 15, 2009 13:00

Britney
Palace Revolution 2000

Which Annie L photo are we referring to here?

Sorry Britney and HB,it is the LA Friday shot; the one that Britney posted on Page 18. It is used as the cover for the 6/26 NYC boot.

Date: August 15, 2009 20:13

No problem--i thought that might be it--best photogs in NYC that week were, I think, Bob Gruen in second place--and in first, our own ROPENI

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: August 16, 2009 02:14

hbwriter
No problem--i thought that might be it--best photogs in NYC that week were, I think, Bob Gruen in second place--and in first, our own ROPENI
Thank you HB, here are a few more from your show 6/22,enjoy.

Re: Photo thread - TOTA '75 Only!
Posted by: batonrouge75 ()
Date: August 16, 2009 18:24

These photos are from the two Baton Rouge shows.

Date: August 16, 2009 19:36

Roland--amazing--so you swung to the other side of the stage for Sympathy? I'm in that shot!

Date: August 16, 2009 20:19

hbwriter
Roland--amazing--so you swung to the other side of the stage for Sympathy? I'm in that shot!

Actually Chris,l put the slide the wrong way in the scanner so it seems like l had moved,my mistake,but its great if you can see yourself in that shot,where are you in relation to the stage?

Date: August 16, 2009 21:09

Roland--the Sympathy shot--the piano is still stage right so it seems to be printed the proper way--in all of the other shots, the piano and Preston are stage right -- all except that one where the drummers are all on stage--sure you didn't move around the stage?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-08-16 21:16 by hbwriter.

Date: August 16, 2009 21:34

Well Chris,its has been such a long time that maybe l did move around,l am amazed how some people here remember song lists from different nights,who played what solos,did they played Happy?
All l can remember is the music,and ,having taken lots of pictures,but the details
are hazy,maybe l was under the influence.drinking smiley lol

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Date: August 16, 2009 22:10

smiling smiley

last question--might the sympathy shot be from another night or is it 6/22 for sure?

Date: August 16, 2009 22:49

Chris ,It could be 6/23,from looking closely Micks pants,actually look white(could be the lighting),on 6/22 the pants were pink,and on 6/23 white with stripes,so the mistery continues,later l will look at other slides and see if
l can get the answer.
"The truth is out there"

Date: August 16, 2009 23:22

smiling smiley

this is fun

reason i ask--look at the photo that kicked this thread off - page one - see that white box above? I'm right under that--also--see all those empties in front of us? i remember they all rushed down during JJF and never came back up--in your shot there, the seats look loaded--

they should have had this iorr '75 group work on the zapruder film smiling smiley

Date: August 17, 2009 05:39

Here we go again
6/26 and 6/27

Date: August 17, 2009 06:02

what's amazing about these are the nuances they reveal-the wedge monitors, mixing board, cooling fans--these are the definitive msg shots and some of the best '75 shots ever--bravo bravo bravo

on the rope swing--was that a dangerous move then? seems so low tech--his foot slips out, it's over

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: August 17, 2009 10:29

Might the Mick on a rope pic in your last be from the 23 or 24 show? His outfit is very similar to that of the 26th but he's wearing a green shirt instead of the green jacket and his pants are not rolled up (to showcase his striped socks).

Re: Photo thread - TOTA '75 Only--New Mission
Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: August 17, 2009 13:23

with sssoul
if i'm thinking of the same Charlie shirt that hbwriter is thinking of,
i believe it was similar but not the same. it's barely visible in this Toronto shot:

- Toronto june 18th 1975 by David Brown, courtesy of Shad

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 17, 2008 19:11

like i say i believe it's different, but i might be wrong.
and he has worn some stuff over the years that's outside the boundaries
of what one might normally think of as "Charlie-like" ... so we can broaden the boundaries :E

i have another shot around here somewhere where Charlie's in a very similarly stripey-geometric shirt
it's not from the 75 tour, though ... if i can locate it i'll post it for comparative purposes

And you're right with sssoul because i own this magazine with a larger shot
and it's from a 1976 show here's the French Magazine and the larger pic
(Don't know which show from 1976, it's not mentionned) and the pic is from Jean-Yves LEGRAS

HMNwinking smiley

HMN

Date: August 17, 2009 13:53

well now that's weird, Honestman - the person who passed that shot on to me (Shad)
said it was taken in Toronto by a personal friend of his (David Brown), so i'm now Officially Very Puzzled.
of course finding it in a book about the 76 tour doesn't actually mean it's not from 75, but ... [scratching head]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-08-17 13:56 by with sssoul.

Date: August 17, 2009 14:17

Britney
Might the Mick on a rope pic in your last be from the 23 or 24 show? His outfit is very similar to that of the 26th but he's wearing a green shirt instead of the green jacket and his pants are not rolled up (to showcase his striped socks).
Britney, you have such an eye for details,and of course once again you are correct,its probably from the 24,the outfit on the 23 was the striped pajama type,anyway like hb says this is fun.
Here is one l think is from the 23

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: August 17, 2009 14:20

with sssoul
well now that's weird, Honestman - the person who passed that shot on to me (Shad)
said it was taken in Toronto by a personal friend of his (David Brown), so i'm now Officially Very Puzzled.
of course finding it in a book about the 76 tour doesn't actually mean it's not from 75, but ... [scratching head]

I didn't want to be weird eye rolling smiley, when i look at the shot, and this thread, it remains me my magazine
but sometimes there are big mistakes in books. so...

HMNwinking smiley

HMN

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: August 17, 2009 15:16

with sssoul

Hi with Sssoul, I was thinking, last year, that the Richards photo labeled as Toronto 75 didn't fit in with others of that show....unless Keith made a shirt-change during the concert. Now as we can see Ronnie next to Keith....it's from 1976. But other Toronto photos you have posted on IORR are....true Toronto photos.

Posted by: jeanmarie ()
Date: August 17, 2009 17:14

Honestman
with sssoul
if i'm thinking of the same Charlie shirt that hbwriter is thinking of,
i believe it was similar but not the same. it's barely visible in this Toronto shot:

- Toronto june 18th 1975 by David Brown, courtesy of Shad

Date: September 17, 2008 19:11

like i say i believe it's different, but i might be wrong.
and he has worn some stuff over the years that's outside the boundaries
of what one might normally think of as "Charlie-like" ... so we can broaden the boundaries :E

i have another shot around here somewhere where Charlie's in a very similarly stripey-geometric shirt
it's not from the 75 tour, though ... if i can locate it i'll post it for comparative purposes

And you're right with sssoul because i own this magazine with a larger shot
and it's from a 1976 show here's the French Magazine and the larger pic
(Don't know which show from 1976, it's not mentionned) and the pic is from Jean-Yves LEGRAS

HMNwinking smiley

It' definitively a shot from the fist 76 Frankfurt show (ron and keith outfits, I have a look on other pics from that show) , and you can see Keith'mouth swell, as he has big teeth problem that day

Date: August 17, 2009 17:27

this thread is one of the most interesting documents i have ever read (the "keith/mouth swell thing" offically put it over the top) :

(and Britney--stunning observations as always)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-08-17 17:57 by hbwriter.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 36

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2126
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home