Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 22
Re: Ronnie Ronnie Ronnie
Posted by: Barn Owl ()
Date: July 12, 2008 22:09

Justin
We shouldn't be worried about the fate of the Stones...just Ronnie the individual.

The Stones PROBABLY won't even start a tour for another 6 months....there's tons of time for Ronnie to shape up. As much as some don't want to believe it....the Stones don't tour without him. Why would they even consider touring without him at this point? There's no concrete plan for a tour...nor even a contract signed. Why would they be thinking about a replacement?

At this point, they're not ready for someone different to come in...that would disrupt their flow to much. The group includes Ronnie. Period. There's still a huge window for him to clean up and by then...the Stones will roll out.

So why were they going to do the Lick tour without him?

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: July 12, 2008 22:10

...anyone fancy a pint?

Posted by: micawber K ()
Date: July 12, 2008 22:14

Baboon bro I never said that disliked Ronnie I'd be the first to sing his praises for the Work he done on the Euro 2007 tour in my opinion he salvaged the O2 London shows and to a lesser extent the Slane show with his input! Take a look at this and get the wider picture as Gazza so galantly puts it!

Date: July 12, 2008 22:15

Haha Logie you're a gas man! Good times had again in the marquee this year!

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: July 12, 2008 22:15

Gazza's post says it all. Agree 100 %. Including the last word... "Idiots", was it?
Where's the empathy here?
And please stop the "publicist name" discussion. Totally not relevant. The publicist's name doesn't change the facts: Jo interviewed. Confirms the drinking and the young Russian. Publicist interviewed. Confirms same things. Do you need this confirmed in writing from Ronnie himself?
And about Mick, Keith & Charlie calling... They could have told Jo about this, don't you think? No wonder they're worried. And there's no way they're gonna replace Ronnie with anyone else. Particularly NOT MT. He has a drinking and a substance problem, is very obese and has stage fright. Smells like many cancelled shows in a row. Just forget it. The boys would never back stab Ronnie like this.

"Worried About You".

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: July 12, 2008 22:20

Just got this in the mail: So, perhaps there's hope...

[www.contactmusic.com]

LATEST: ROLLING STONES star RONNIE WOOD is reportedly planning to check himself into rehab for the second time in a month - after his wife JO went public about her fears over his drinking.
Wood, a self-confessed alcoholic, has been at the centre of controversy after a British tabloid newspaper reported that he had left his wife for an 18-year-old Russian waitress.
But although Jo Wood has dismissed stories that her husband is having an affair, she confirmed rumours he has begun drinking heavily again - admitting she is seriously worried about the 61-year-old rocker's health.
Wood has been staying in Ireland with teenage Muscovite Ekaterina Ivanova - who is rumoured to be romantically involved with the musician.
Now, following Jo's public outburst, it is reported that he is planning on returning to the family home in England and seeking help to combat his drinking.
A source tells British newspaper The Sun, "It gave him a slap round the face and hopefully shocked him back onto the wagon. He called and said he was coming back on Monday and will check into rehab. Let's just hope he does."
Last month (Jun08), Wood checked himself into rehab before his daughter Leah's wedding amid fears he was losing his battle with the booze.

07/12/2008 02:16:06 PM

Date: July 12, 2008 22:38

micawber K
Haha Logie you're a gas man! Good times had again in the marquee this year!

Good times indeed, 'cept I wish I could have made it to the Morrissey gig as well.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: July 12, 2008 22:40

Barn Owl
Justin
We shouldn't be worried about the fate of the Stones...just Ronnie the individual.

The Stones PROBABLY won't even start a tour for another 6 months....there's tons of time for Ronnie to shape up. As much as some don't want to believe it....the Stones don't tour without him. Why would they even consider touring without him at this point? There's no concrete plan for a tour...nor even a contract signed. Why would they be thinking about a replacement?

At this point, they're not ready for someone different to come in...that would disrupt their flow to much. The group includes Ronnie. Period. There's still a huge window for him to clean up and by then...the Stones will roll out.

So why were they going to do the Lick tour without him?

To my thinking, they told him he'd be replaced to scare him straight. The Stones won't jeopardize their streak of continuity by having their biggest and most media covered tour such as Licks labeled as "the tour with that new guitar player."

Date: July 12, 2008 22:41

U should be glad you were at the Neil Young one!

Date: July 12, 2008 22:42

Addicted

And there's no way they're gonna replace Ronnie with anyone else. Particularly NOT MT. He has a drinking and a substance problem, is very obese and has stage fright. Smells like many cancelled shows in a row. Just forget it. The boys would never back stab Ronnie like this.

"Worried About You".

As mentioned above, the Stones were going to do the Licks Tour without Ron.

In fact, some would argue that they should have...

Date: July 12, 2008 22:45

micawber K
U should be glad you were at the Neil Young one!

A Lesson in guitar playing!

Posted by: drummer_dude ()
Date: July 12, 2008 23:13

We can't have Ronnie drunk and having alcohol problems on a Stones tour. He is ruining himself and making his family suffer. He's got it made he is a Rolling Stone, he has a wonderful wife and family, his artwork, the guy got it made and still don't realize it . There won't be another Stones album and tour with him in that condition. Come on Ronnie straighten up for your fans and for your family to. And for Mick, Keith and Charlie to..... your band mates....

drummer_dude

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 12, 2008 23:16

Who was in line to take over for Ronnie? I don't recall anything like that ever even being mentioned. That's still news to me.

Date: July 12, 2008 23:42

skipstone
Who was in line to take over for Ronnie? I don't recall anything like that ever even being mentioned. That's still news to me.

It is widely known.

Even BV was discussing it recently on these very pages.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 13, 2008 00:02

>> And please stop the "publicist name" discussion. Totally not relevant <<

LoFL, angel/gstone/Addicted - that "discussion" stopped two pages ago, all by itself,
but since you bring it up again: yes, i'm still interested in the publicist's name, even if you aren't.
(it's peaceful interest, not meant as a threat or insult, and not a "trick question". just plain interest.)

meanwhile, all kinds of blessings & well-being on Ronnie and his tribe, and on all the Stones & their tribes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-13 00:17 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 13, 2008 00:26

Barn Owl
Gazza
toomuchforme
coming back from holidays I read again the same craps ! MT instead of Ronnie. Come on...

Great to see how many fans are capable of grasping the wider picture isnt it? angry smiley

Its amazing that there are actually people who profess to be Rolling Stones fans who would actually welcome something horrible (and maybe even fatal) happening to a band member if it meant there would be an extremely remote (to the point where its non existent) possibility of the Stones reacting to it by re-hiring a band member who quit 34 years earlier, and the even slimmer possibility that it means they're all going to make records and perform like they did back then.

Its not an exaggeration either - we've read this crap before when Ronnie's had problems in the past.

Idiots.

...and no doubt you decided to jump to the same conclusions back then, choosing to take a somewhat pious and sanctimonious stance against those who were merely introducing a bit of light-heartedness and levity to an otherwise serious situation.

Levity is all well and good (and theres a fair amount of this stuff which is laughable), but there are some people who are totally serious with the "this is great news - now's a chance to get Taylor back" attitude. And yes, they're idiots.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 13, 2008 00:28

micawber K
Gazza
Great to see how many fans are capable of grasping the wider picture isnt it?

Its amazing that there are actually people who profess to be Rolling Stones fans who would actually welcome something horrible (and maybe even fatal) happening to a band member if it meant there would be an extremely remote (to the point where its non existent) possibility of the Stones reacting to it by re-hiring a band member who quit 34 years earlier, and the even slimmer possibility that it means they're all going to make records and perform like they did back then.

Its not an exaggeration either - we've read this crap before when Ronnie's had problems in the past.

Idiots.

Gazza in all fairness you're tarring these fans with the one brush,

No, I'm not. I never said that all (or even a sizeable proportion of) Taylor fans were like that, so dont twist my words. I said there are "actually people" who would welcome it.

micawber K
The plain truth is that Taylor is still a more gifted lead player than Ronnie, Keith, Blondie and whoever else is hiding behind the curtains put together!

And your point is what? Whats this got to do with his current predicament?

micawber K
Even Taylor in his current state would still make mince meat of any other current Stones member on the guitar. If you profess to be a Stones fan then I can't believe that you would not be the least bit tempted at the slimmest possibility of this prospect!

Come on, JP..- dont set down guidelines on what it takes to be a "Stones fan". we all have our definitions of that.. but hey, its good to see you see the big picture here. smiling smiley

I'm a fan of the band, not specifically one current or ex-member - but I'm not living in a fantasy world which seems to suggest a change in personnel is going to see a time-machine style return to 1972.

The main thing is that the guy sorts his health out and his family problems too. The Stones, at the minute, come a very distant third priority in all of this, and the Mick Taylor issue shouldnt even be on the radar.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-13 00:40 by Gazza.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: July 13, 2008 00:42

LOGIE
skipstone

It is widely known.

Even BV was discussing it recently on these very pages.

which thread (s)? I couldn't find that using the search function.

Im under the impression that Ronnie has been given ultimatums before because they want him to stay in the band and that's the only way they can get him to shape up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-13 00:45 by ryanpow.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: July 13, 2008 03:44

All I will say is I hope Ron can get it together(for his health sake) and I wanna see the Stones again even if they use Ron AND Mick and all sit down for the entire show just like Muddy and Hooker used to do. Dont bother me a bit!!

Date: July 13, 2008 05:17

Gazza
I'm not living in a fantasy world which seems to suggest a change in personnel is going to see a time-machine style return to 1972.

Me
No one is expecting them to do it like they did back in 1973 and no one is expecting a new record but you cannot tell me that it would not be heaven on earth to see someone up there with them that sprinkled more of his fair share of musical magic on the Stones in a period of just five years!

Gazza

My point is that if God forbid that anything happened to Ronnie & that he was not able to continue with the Stones (and I hope that this does not happen Rock on Ronnie!) that they have an ideal contingency option. Someone who is already versed in the richness and rawness of the Stones music. A guy that walks out on stage and does incredible versions of Stones songs from the heart. They were mentioning Jeff Beck the last time Ronnie was close to losing his place! I mean please how awful would that have been! If the situation did arise where ronnie had to be replaced again (and I can't reiterate the fact enough that I hope it doesn't!), swallow your pride Mick & Keef and give the best guitarist you ever had a chance! Interesting how Keef mentioned Mick Taylor on that youtube Living Legends questions & answers? ... I don't think that I could go and see the Stones anymore if they drafted in a completely new guitarist I think that even the Stones themselves would rather end the game and call it a day! However if Taylor was willing to give it a shot then I think that we would be in for some really interesting Stones gigs indeed!

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: July 13, 2008 05:22

Ronnie-drink-18 y.o. bird...Now that's Rock and Roll!!!

I wish I had Ronnie's problems.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 13, 2008 05:37

micawber K
Gazza
I'm not living in a fantasy world which seems to suggest a change in personnel is going to see a time-machine style return to 1972.

Me
No one is expecting them to do it like they did back in 1973 and no one is expecting a new record but you cannot tell me that it would not be heaven on earth to see someone up there with them that sprinkled more of his fair share of musical magic on the Stones in a period of just five years!

Gazza

My point is that if God forbid that anything happened to Ronnie & that he was not able to continue with the Stones (and I hope that this does not happen Rock on Ronnie!) that they have an ideal contingency option. Someone who is already versed in the richness and rawness of the Stones music. A guy that walks out on stage and does incredible versions of Stones songs from the heart. They were mentioning Jeff Beck the last time Ronnie was close to losing his place! I mean please how awful would that have been! If the situation did arise where ronnie had to be replaced again (and I can't reiterate the fact enough that I hope it doesn't!), swallow your pride Mick & Keef and give the best guitarist you ever had a chance! Interesting how Keef mentioned Mick Taylor on that youtube Living Legends questions & answers? ... I don't think that I could go and see the Stones anymore if they drafted in a completely new guitarist I think that even the Stones themselves would rather end the game and call it a day! However if Taylor was willing to give it a shot then I think that we would be in for some really interesting Stones gigs indeed!

What a load a rubbish^^ (@ micaber K that is)

like vultures - how disgusting! he's not dead yet - remember!!!

I guess Ronnie will collect some heat when he sobers - but that may be a one they all need.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-13 05:41 by open-g.

Date: July 13, 2008 06:00

Open g what's rubbish about it? I've been totally honestly stating my opinion and you haven't even taken the time to do the same yourself! I see you figured out how to use photo bucket and google image search well done you!

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 13, 2008 06:37

Heck yeah - I'm totally honest about it aswell - stating my opinion 'bout your kind of view^^

you, stating:
"I don't think that I could go and see the Stones anymore if they drafted in a completely new guitarist"

jeeezzz!
...and you mention Taylor aswell

First of all - Ron Wood is the guitarist next to Keith.
He's not dead, kicked or gone.
You worry about a "completly new guitarist" - and thats what I consider as complete & utter BS!
...and yes, I know how to use photobucket, google + other resources of the web.
don't you?

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 13, 2008 07:53

If it is widely known, name who it was to be. Otherwise it's bullshit. He was gonna get replaced by George whatisface for 1981 - didn't happen. Who's worried about Ronnie being too whatever on tour?

Look at Keith.

Widely known. No it's not. The rumour might be but there are no facts that I am aware of. SOSDD.

Date: July 13, 2008 08:02

what's my kind of view?? If you took the time to read my praises of Ronnie's efforts last year you'd realize that I've a great deal of respect for Ronnie! You really have ratified nothing you have said! Try and find another picture on google image search because you really are struggling with words to express yourself! And no if it came to it I would not go and see the stones with a completely new guitarist! It nearly happened in 2003 so wake up and smell the roses! It's a bitter pill to swallow to watch Blondie hiding in the wings for the first few songs of the show, filling in the cracks with his gold top les Paul! I witnessed it for myself last year at the 02!!

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: July 13, 2008 09:55

NUMBER 1

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: July 13, 2008 10:08

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 13, 2008 11:53

A picture can say more than a thousand words. Thank you Harm

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Barn Owl ()
Date: July 13, 2008 13:06

open-g
Heck yeah - I'm totally honest about it aswell - stating my opinion 'bout your kind of view^^

you, stating:
"I don't think that I could go and see the Stones anymore if they drafted in a completely new guitarist"

jeeezzz!
...and you mention Taylor aswell

First of all - Ron Wood is the guitarist next to Keith.
He's not dead, kicked or gone.
You worry about a "completly new guitarist" - and thats what I consider as complete & utter BS!
...and yes, I know how to use photobucket, google + other resources of the web.
don't you?

Apart from using photobucket, perhaps you could crawl out of your little Stones bubble once in a while and learn how to read. Nobody here is saying that Ronnie is dead.

However, in circumstances where his health COULD be endangered (and alcoholism is a serious condition by the way) and the Stones wished to tour, then we all have a right to speculate on what we personally would prefer as a possible replacement.

Don't use it as a patheitic juvenilistic excuse to start bashing Mick Taylor, especially as you've probably never seen him.

...now get back to page three of your photoshop manual.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1616
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home