Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 22
Re: Ronnie Ronnie Ronnie
Posted by: whiskey ()
Date: July 13, 2008 14:08

Jeez, 9 pages of crap. Its a disease and Ronnie cant help it, there is no cure and he is a nice guy who doesnt wish to hurt anyone but he is powerless to stop. If tragedy comes his way the Stones are finished. He has been a Stone for over 30 years. He cannot be replaced and I seriously doubt if the others would want to continue. He has done more for the Stones than either Jones or Taylor have done, he has given of himself to us for 3 decades and I refuse to put him in the ground while he is still a Stone. Bloody hell, this thread is so morbid.

Posted by: Barn Owl ()
Date: July 13, 2008 14:25

whiskey
Jeez, 9 pages of crap. Its a disease and Ronnie cant help it, there is no cure and he is a nice guy who doesnt wish to hurt anyone but he is powerless to stop. If tragedy comes his way the Stones are finished. He has been a Stone for over 30 years. He cannot be replaced and I seriously doubt if the others would want to continue. He has done more for the Stones than either Jones or Taylor have done, he has given of himself to us for 3 decades and I refuse to put him in the ground while he is still a Stone. Bloody hell, this thread is so morbid.

Yes, reality CAN be morbid at times, but remember that it's alcohol addiction we're talking about here, and not some sort of massive hangover that a couple of aspirin can put right.

However, in the event of Ronnie being unable to tour, don't think for one second that Jagger would allow it to upset whatever his latest business plan happened to be. As far as business is concerned, we're all replacable.

...morbid isn't the word.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: July 13, 2008 14:30

True, Jagger wouldn't let Wood's addiction upset his plans for the Stones to continue, but I seriously doubt if he would embark on a giant world tour. The Stones as a concept since 1989 would need serious adjustment. I don't see a new guitar player stepping in and the Stones touing machine rolling as usual.

But hey, a new tour is still months away and they don't need Wood to record a new album. Besides that, they dealt with this problem before. Nothing new here.

Just a sad new chapter.

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: July 13, 2008 14:47

Let's hope Ronnie does as he's said, head back to his family tomorrow, and check into rehab. The best of luck and recovery to Ronnie. Shine A Light On You!
Though alcoholism is an incureable disease, one can learn to live with it. It takes a lot of strenght, and a lot of love and support. We can provide some love and support, but the most important thing is that he'll be back with his family.

And: I'm deeply disappointed with some of the posters here, who have behaved like hungry vultures. You know who you are. Not a pretty sight. angry smiley

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: July 13, 2008 14:59

We MUST have him back on the road with The Stones. He does a great job. This guy is one of my all time favourite guitar slingers.

Get well soon Ronnie! We love you. Hugs and kisses for my man Ron.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: July 13, 2008 15:35

I'll second that.

Posted by: humanriff77 ()
Date: July 13, 2008 15:37

I thought all this about the 19 year old was just tabloid bullshit, but today there is another double page spread in the sunday mirror, with an interview with the girls ex boyfriend, apprently the relationship has been going for a while.
Sorry but Woody is a sad case, not just because of the drinking, I bet they have really interesting conversations together.................

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: July 13, 2008 15:40

bless you, ronnie

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 13, 2008 15:40

Barn Owl
open-g
Heck yeah - I'm totally honest about it aswell - stating my opinion 'bout your kind of view^^

you, stating:
"I don't think that I could go and see the Stones anymore if they drafted in a completely new guitarist"

jeeezzz!
...and you mention Taylor aswell

First of all - Ron Wood is the guitarist next to Keith.
He's not dead, kicked or gone.
You worry about a "completly new guitarist" - and thats what I consider as complete & utter BS!
...and yes, I know how to use photobucket, google + other resources of the web.
don't you?

Apart from using photobucket, perhaps you could crawl out of your little Stones bubble once in a while and learn how to read. Nobody here is saying that Ronnie is dead.

However, in circumstances where his health COULD be endangered (and alcoholism is a serious condition by the way) and the Stones wished to tour, then we all have a right to speculate on what we personally would prefer as a possible replacement.
...now get back to page three of your photoshop manual.

And another one goes on about photobucket/shop^^
what's that got to do with anything? pffffffffffft

of course nobody said Ronnie is dead, but a few poster are speculating as if he was, just like vultures.

Don't use it as a patheitic juvenilistic excuse to start bashing Mick Taylor, especially as you've probably never seen him.

where was I bashing Taylor?
you'd better quote me, mate. ...and good luck finding anything.
I have seen the Stones with Mick Taylor, so what does that prove, besides that you're totally off?

Now back to your barn, it's daytime already

Posted by: whiskey ()
Date: July 13, 2008 16:02

Barn Owl
whiskey

Yes, reality CAN be morbid at times, but remember that it's alcohol addiction we're talking about here, and not some sort of massive hangover that a couple of aspirin can put right.
Thats what I said
However, in the event of Ronnie being unable to tour, don't think for one second that Jagger would allow it to upset whatever his latest business plan happened to be. As far as business is concerned, we're all replacable.
Jagger is a Stone, He is not THE Stones, lets assume that Charlie would not want to continue, what are you left with.
What word would you use

Date: July 13, 2008 16:23

whiskey
Barn Owl
whiskey

Thats what I said
Jagger is a Stone, He is not THE Stones, lets assume that Charlie would not want to continue, what are you left with.
What word would you use

There are too many to choose from.

Date: July 13, 2008 16:36

open-g

where was I bashing Taylor?
you'd better quote me, mate. ...and good luck finding anything.
I have seen the Stones with Mick Taylor, so what does that prove, besides that you're totally off?

Now back to your barn, it's daytime already

[/quote]

So you've seen Taylor play with the Stones but are STILL dismissive of those who would consider him as a suitable replacement for Ronnie!

What freaking planet are you on?

Date: July 13, 2008 17:22

Barn Owl
So you've seen Taylor play with the Stones but are STILL dismissive of those who would consider him as a suitable replacement for Ronnie!

STILL dismissive?! that was freaking 34 years ago!
dismissive? yes, there's a german phrase saying stl this:
One shouldn't distribute the bears fur, before he's hunted down.

go and read Gazza's posts on page 8 - he rally nails it and I have nothing to ad.

...and I'm on planet earth, dunno about you.

end of transmission.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 13, 2008 18:03

Bingo
I need a drink after reading this thread.

I've just had one ... and that was after only reading through to page 5 !! I'll be in a right state by the time I get to the end of this thread.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: July 13, 2008 18:12

pauly, no need to read the rest, here let me sum it up for you.

1. Ronnie's on a bad bender
2. with sssoul wants the name of Ronnie's publicist
3. Some people want Mick Taylor back
4. Some people are vultures
5. Everyone hates each other.

THE END.

Date: July 13, 2008 18:12

LOGIE
...anyone fancy a pint?

Quite !! Anything to lighten the mood, this thread's gettin' me down !! Mine's a lemonade, what'll yours be ... ya northern rufty tufty ??

Date: July 13, 2008 18:23

CindyC
pauly, no need to read the rest, here let me sum it up for you.

4. Some people are vultures
5. Everyone hates each other.

THE END.

A most eloquent summary, fankew kindly Ms Cindy my dear girl. Well I persevered and have actually managed to read right through to the end. You're absolutely right, a good few vultures lurk here n' there, and indeed there's no shortage of hatred on display either. Personally, I'm a little surprised (it must be because he's out fishing in some far flung fjord) that he who wields the big stick and has the power to dissolve threads hasn't as yet waded in with a supersized stab of the DEL key and shut this thread down !!

Stay tuned eh ????

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 13, 2008 19:19

..maybe the vultures, like the parrots, are "pining for the fjords.."

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 13, 2008 19:59

I've added to it:

4. Those people are obviously out of their minds
5. Some people are vultures
6. Everyone hates each other
7. Some people need or could use a drink from reading all of this
8. Ronnie doesn't need a drink

THE END.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 13, 2008 20:11

Oh, what was that live video? No Expectations. That is such garbage. Is there a point to that video?

Posted by: micawber K ()
Date: July 13, 2008 20:25

This is coming from the person who didn't even know that Ronnie came very close to being replaced on the Licks tour! Come back when you're up to scratch on the Stones!

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: July 13, 2008 20:55

4. Those people are obviously out of their minds
5. Some people are vultures
6. Everyone hates each other
7. Some people need or could use a drink from reading all of this
8. Ronnie doesn't need a drink
9. I´ve got a bad headache after reading all this.
THE END.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: jeroen starink ()
Date: July 13, 2008 21:06

Dear dear Ronnie, what are you doing to yourself?? i Like a drink too, but watch your health!!
I will pray for your soul and your health!!
Please please let us Stones and Ronnie Wood fans enjoy your being here for a long time to come!!

Stay alive, I Love you

Thanks for your guitar playing but keep on playing on please !!

bye jeroen

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: July 13, 2008 21:11

ronnie has been on a bad bender since he was around 15, what does that mean question mark

duck geese!!!!!!!!! duck geese??????????

Date: July 13, 2008 21:18

I'd rather like to see him back on the B-bender.

get better Ronnie.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: July 13, 2008 21:52

JumpingKentFlash
We MUST have him back on the road with The Stones. He does a great job. This guy is one of my all time favourite guitar slingers.

My favorite poster, that's you, Kent!

Posted by: wesley ()
Date: July 13, 2008 21:55

Baboon Bro
JumpingKentFlash

My favorite poster, that's you, Kent!

Couldn`t say it better, I agree Kent and BB on this!!
Get better Ronnie, and be goode

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: July 13, 2008 22:43

Micawber and Barn Owl -- bug off open g.

Barn Owl, I like your barnowl trip and micawber, i know your name but thats about it but both of u -- QUIT ON OPEN G !!!

more appropp to the topic later.

p

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 13, 2008 22:53

Gazza, really! "Pining for the fjords? What kind of talk is that?"

Date: July 14, 2008 00:38

open-g
Barn Owl

STILL dismissive?! that was freaking 34 years ago!
dismissive? yes, there's a german phrase saying stl this:
One shouldn't distribute the bears fur, before he's hunted down.

go and read Gazza's posts on page 8 - he rally nails it and I have nothing to ad.

...and I'm on planet earth, dunno about you.

end of transmission.

Am I missing something here?

Micawber expresses an OPINION about something, supporting it with a quite detailed argument which you choose to dismiss with a one-liner.

No reasoning, no explanation, nothing at all. Just piss and wind.

So what actually IS your viewpoint on this? Or are you going to be hanging on to Gazza's coat tails for the rest of your life?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1933
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home