Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 22
Re: Ronnie Ronnie Ronnie
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 14, 2008 15:42

God, so much moralising going on round here. Is this IORR or the bleedin' Priory clinic. Fer gawd's sake, these are multi millionaire rock'n'rollers we're talking about - not the Cheltenham Ladies Afternoon Tea Club.

The reason most of us love The Stones IS for their rebellious DGAF stance and that includes the boozin', druggin', whoring that make the band such larger than life entertainers and so eminently hearable and readable.

That demon life, that currently holds Ronnie in its sway, is also the force that informs their music. Some people would even say their lack of the old demon life these days is the reason their music is missing the old bite.

God forbid that they should ever calm down. To all out there who are really worried about all this, get a life or get into Coldplay - a 'worthy' band with Christian morals that deserves you.

Ronnie will be OK. He has the money to get help not like some penniless drunk on the street corner. He will sober up just like he and Keith have done many times before. They are old pros and know the game. Trust them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-14 16:16 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 14, 2008 16:04

Silver Dagger, good points. Of course this is a true tragedy for Ronnie and his family, but the whole 'show' starts to look like a bizarre to me. It is true that those 'winos' have all the money to take care of them, but somehow it is not EASY to be a famous alcoholic. Namely, if you are 'nobody' and you hit the bottle - go Dublin like Gazza does and be lost for some days - no big deal. But this is not the case with 'poor' Ronnie. There are raports of the media people literally hunting him at that Irish Festival he was supposed to attend. This unbelievable attention for one guy who just seems to love too much drinks. I guess there is no pub anymore he can go without making a scene. Try to drink in peace, no longer funny... It most likely this Russian girl that seems to rise the huge interest, and make the press hungry for nailing that 'dirty old man'. Sex, drugs and rock and roll. Da Stones?

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-14 16:07 by Doxa.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 14, 2008 16:07

Doxa
Silver Dagger, good points. Of course this is a true tragedy for Ronnie and his family, but the whole 'show' starts to like a bizarre to me. It is true that those 'winos' have all the money to take care of them, but somehow it is not EASY to be a famous alcoholic. Namely, if you are 'nobody' and you hit the bottle - go Dublin like Gazza does and be lost for some days - no big deal.

Its bad enough being labelled a pisshead, but who are you callin' a nobody?? sad smiley

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: July 14, 2008 16:09

"go Dublin like Gazza does and be lost for some days"

Flippin brilliant! Gaz, I never knew......

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: July 14, 2008 16:09

These are the original Twelve Steps as published by Alcoholics Anonymous.[10]

1. We admitted we were powerless over alcohol—that our lives had become unmanageable. That's why Mick hired Michael Cohl.
2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity. The Glimmer Twins.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him. Clapton?
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves. I hate inventory.
5. Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs. Well...I get drunk make millions of dollars playing guitar.
6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character. ouch.
7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings. Oouuch!
8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all. Too drunk to remember their names.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others. Autographs & guitar picks.
10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it. More inventory?! Where's the clipboard?
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His Will for us and the power to carry that out. The Beatles said...that doesn't work.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs. Band meeting.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 14, 2008 16:10

Gazza
Doxa
Silver Dagger, good points. Of course this is a true tragedy for Ronnie and his family, but the whole 'show' starts to like a bizarre to me. It is true that those 'winos' have all the money to take care of them, but somehow it is not EASY to be a famous alcoholic. Namely, if you are 'nobody' and you hit the bottle - go Dublin like Gazza does and be lost for some days - no big deal.

Its bad enough being labelled a pisshead, but who are you callin' a nobody?? sad smiley

Sorry, Gazza, You surely as hell are not a nobody, but a CONCEPT and the next round is mine in Dublin? smileys with beer

- Doxa

Date: July 14, 2008 16:12

Now you're talking ..

Date: July 14, 2008 16:21

Posted by: terry ()
Date: July 14, 2008 16:33

On the local tv news that jo has left him, now whos going to prop him up.
If its all true about ronnies drinking, then his going the same way as george best.
besty was given a new kidney, but he still went back to the bottle, now his dead.
Drinking is an illness, and you need the right people around you for support.
That young russian tart who looks about 14,is just after her 15 minutes of fame,he need to ditch her and quick.

Date: July 14, 2008 16:39

"besty was given a new kidney"

Liver!

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: July 14, 2008 16:42

ablett
Liver!

...than you'll ever be

Date: July 14, 2008 16:45

Suddenly everyones an expert on alcoholism!

Its the most distructive, painful, humiliating thing a person can go through. Nothing to do with a rebellious life style or having a good un. An alcoholic doesn't drink for fun I can assure you.It just destroys the drinker and the ones he loved....

Posted by: terry ()
Date: July 14, 2008 16:54

You got it adrian-l lol , i knew it was one or the other, but you get me drift.
in reply to ablett post , well im an expert on alcoholism, as my mothe died thru drink,it taught all my family about the dangers of drink, the hardest drink for me is a shandy, thats a lemonade shandy,not a hand ....

Date: July 14, 2008 17:01

Who Went To Church This Sunday?

Date: July 14, 2008 17:06

"the hardest drink for me is a shandy, thats a lemonade shandy,not a hand ...."

LOL, superb

My step mum was a raging Alcoholic but just survived and so was my grandad....

Its a terrible, terrible thing.....

Date: July 14, 2008 17:17

While we're on the subject of temperence I think this gem from the pen of Ray Davies sums it all up pretty well.

ALCOHOL

Here is a story about a sinner,
He used to be a winner who enjoyed a life of prominence and position,
But the pressures at the office and his socialite engagements,
And his selfish wife's fanatical ambition,
It turned him to the booze,
And he got mixed up with a floosie
And she led him to a life of indecision.
The floosie made him spend his dole
She left him lying on skid row
A drunken lag in some salvation army mission.
Its such a shame.

Oh demon alcohol,
Sad memories I can recall,
Who thought I would say,
Damn it all and blow it all,
Oh demon alcohol,
Memories I can recall,
Who thought I would fall a slave to demon alcohol.

Barley wine pink gin,
He'll drink anything,
Port, pernod or tequila,
Rum, scotch, vodka on the rocks,
As long as all his troubles disappeared.
But he messed up his life and he beat up his wife,
And the floosies gone and found another sucker
She's gonna turn him on to drink
She's gonna lead him to the brink
And when his moneys gone,
She'll leave him in the gutter,
It's such a shame.

Oh demon alcohol,
Sad memories I can recall,
Who thought I would fall,
A slave to demon alcohol.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-14 17:20 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: July 14, 2008 17:31

ablett
Suddenly everyones an expert on alcoholism!

Its the most distructive, painful, humiliating thing a person can go through. Nothing to do with a rebellious life style or having a good un. An alcoholic doesn't drink for fun I can assure you.It just destroys the drinker and the ones he loved....

Spot on, ablett.

My sister was 13 years as an alcoholic before her liver (and just about everything else) finally packed in. A bottle of whiskey was her minimum daily requirement, just to feel 'normal', while her family and friends could only look on in a state of sheer helplessness; like watching someone drowning and not being able to jump in and save them.

Regarding Ronnie's current 'situation', I'm actually quite confident that he can pull through all of this, but to do so, he does need rehab, and probably more than ever, needs the love of his family and friends.

Posted by: Bimmelzerbott ()
Date: July 14, 2008 17:36

I don't give Ronnie another 10 years. Maybe 7 at best. He's lost.

Date: July 14, 2008 17:47

Bimmelzerbott

You're being optimistic. Left to his own devices without his long suffering wife to prop him up, I'd be surprised if he lasts 10 months unless he sorts himself out.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: July 14, 2008 18:12

Gazza
Bimmelzerbott

You're being optimistic. Left to his own devices without his long suffering wife to prop him up, I'd be surprised if he lasts 10 months unless he sorts himself out.

Gazza...I know almost nothing about RW's wife Jo.
But...I've seen/heard her in tv clips with Ronnie etc...and
sometimes she seemed more stoned than Ronnie.

You say she's "long suffering"....I always thought of them as 2 peas in the same pod.
I'm not saying you're wrong...I just don't know.

I'm sympathetic/empathetic about the affair but.....if you're
saying she a "long suffering wife" because of his alcoholism...I'm not sure.

IORR............but I like it!

Date: July 14, 2008 18:29

Ya marry a Rolling Stone and ya pays ya price. Anybody marrying into their lifestyle knows exactly the deal they're going to get. Anyway, it's high time we had a good Rolling Stones scandal. Keeps the image up at least.

Posted by: Bimmelzerbott ()
Date: July 14, 2008 18:39

Silver Dagger
Ya marry a Rolling Stone and ya pays ya price. Anybody marrying into their lifestyle knows exactly the deal they're going to get. Anyway, it's high time we had a good Rolling Stones scandal. Keeps the image up at least.

True. It was time for a fresh Stones related scandal.

Cheers!

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: July 14, 2008 18:39

Get well Ronnie. I have been listening to "Slide On This" a lot lately. It is my favorite Ron's album. Ron sings about himself mostly here. He tells about what he loves and what he hates and sometimes the line between the 2 isn't easy to find; he loves is wife and his quiet life but he confesses ; "That ain't rock and roll." I wish you well, you little @#$%& rock and roller!
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Date: July 14, 2008 18:51

"Keeps the image up at least"

Image? A pensioner whisks a teenager away and almost kills himself with booze whilst destroying his family.

Sod the 'image'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-14 18:51 by ablett.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: July 14, 2008 18:57

Stargroves
It would indeed be useful if CindyC could summarise all threads so well, cheers Cindysmileys with beer

Glad I could be of help! I might need some assistants to handle all the threads though, will you and SweetNeoCon help me out?

I hope Ronnie's got his butt on a plane home by now. Jo needs to go beat the crap out of that skank-ho bitch, I wish I was in Europe, I'd do it for her.

Date: July 14, 2008 18:58

Date: July 14, 2008 19:02

ablett
"Keeps the image up at least"

Image? A pensioner whisks a teenager away and almost kills himself with booze whilst destroying his family.

Sod the 'image'

Listen, if I wanted puritanical behaviour from musicians I'd go to church and listen to the choir sing. This is rock'n'roll for christsake. Ronnie will OK. Stop fretting fer feck's sake and get a grip. Anyone upset by rock'n'roll behaviour is either too old or shouldn't like the Stones.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-14 19:11 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: July 14, 2008 19:06

Silver Dagger - you are off your rocker here!

We like our boys naughty too, but more importantly - we like them alive.

ablett - that picture is scaring me.

Date: July 14, 2008 19:13

Cool. We'll we're clearly divided on this one. Have faith. Ronnie will be alright.

Date: July 14, 2008 19:23

"Anyone upset by rock'n'roll behaviour is either too old or shouldn't like the Stones."

Superb!

Let me guess, you like to wear a bandanna and pose like 'keef' in front of the mirror!

Grow up, there aint nothing glamorous about Ronnies behaviour!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1806
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home