Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 22
Re: IN LIEU OF RONNIE'S BEHAVIOR...
Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: July 12, 2008 03:17

Ket It Loose and forget about it...the stuff is over, and god bless it. Its Ronnie saying he wants out. Ronnie, YOU ROCK!

HR

Re: IN LIEU OF RONNIE'S BEHAVIOR...
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: July 12, 2008 03:17

Keith's an original Stone--you don't replace that. Woody is a retread--a loveable one, but a retread. I say grab Taylor, do a theater tour with tons of blues covers and call it a day. anything to spare us from one more RW version of YCAGWYW.

Re: IN VIEW OF RONNIE'S BEHAVIOR...
Posted by: Justin ()
Date: July 12, 2008 04:14

I can't believe how fresh Mick Taylor is in the minds of some fans that they think it's still plausible for the stones to insert Taylor at any point. To say grab Taylor, do a theatre tour of all blues covers is the pinnacle of impossible on so many levels. Unrealistic to say the least.

Taylor is far from the Mick or Keith's list of potential new guitar players. Taylor was 30 years ago....he's done.

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: July 12, 2008 04:46

J--this is all a bit tongue in cheek, just FYI

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: July 12, 2008 05:09

hbwriter
J--this is all a bit tongue in cheek, just FYI

hbwriter...you are a genius.

smileys with beer

Posted by: bumbum ()
Date: July 12, 2008 10:53

"yeah!!!!!!! just have plenty of fish n chips on stage"

Rather fish and "chicks"

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 12, 2008 11:00

Well, if you want the Stones to go back to a one person playing rhythm and the occasional solo and one person playing solo after solo (even over the singing - very uncool) and the occasional rhythm...then go listen to those records or whatever live boots there are.

There is no way they would even think of considering of thinking of Mick Taylor.

Remember? Mick Taylor QUIT.

Nobody wants to hire a quitter.

Posted by: bumbum ()
Date: July 12, 2008 11:08

"Well, if you want the Stones to go back to a one person playing rhythm and the occasional solo and one person playing solo after solo (even over the singing - very uncool) and the occasional rhythm...then go listen to those records or whatever live boots there are.

There is no way they would even think of considering of thinking of Mick Taylor.

Remember? Mick Taylor QUIT.

Nobody wants to hire a quitter."

Other bands have done so - just take a look at Deep Purple.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 12, 2008 11:17

AHEM. Let me clarify - nobody in The Rolling Stones...

Posted by: kees ()
Date: July 12, 2008 11:27

I think all current and ex Stones guitarists are way over their piek, face it.
It's the show/the atmosphere covering up a lot.

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: July 12, 2008 12:02

No need to call Mick Taylor! Replacing one alcoholic with another? MT sometimes doesn't even show up for gigs... Ronnie has always showed up, and on the ABB tour, he's been brilliant. He's carried so many shows on his skinny shoulders. Even Keith has commented on Ronnies beautiful guitar playing. He's a man who doesn't give compliments if he doesn't seriously mean it.
But Ronnie needs help, and I just don't see the humoristic elements in his situation. Some people on the board seem to find it amusing that he's drinking. It's not. It's just very, very sad. And dangerous. We don't wanna loose that man. So, Ronnie - PLEASE. Go home to Richmond, get help, and stay with the important people in your life. Wife and kids. They're the ones who have stuck with you, through thick and thin. I'm sure they're there for you now.

Posted by: Adi Tyler ()
Date: July 12, 2008 12:45

Well, there's always Blondie.....

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 12, 2008 13:26

No need to call Mick Taylor! Replacing one alcoholic with another?

How do you know MT is an alcoholic?

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: July 12, 2008 13:55

Amsterdamned
No need to call Mick Taylor! Replacing one alcoholic with another?

How do you know MT is an alcoholic?

exactly! it seems Mick T has ongoing substance abuse problems as well not to mention an obestiy problem and stage fright.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: July 12, 2008 13:55

I wondered how long it would be before this crock of shit rose its head!

Totally with Gazza!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 12, 2008 14:05

ablett
I wondered how long it would be before this crock of shit rose its head!

You mean the topic or are you referring to MT?

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: July 12, 2008 15:00

the topic

Re: Ronnie Ronnie Ronnie
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 12, 2008 15:47

>> I wouldn't trust The Star!!!!!!! eye popping smiley <<

okay - noted, Big Al! it can be difficult for people outside the UK to keep track of the various papers' profiles.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: July 12, 2008 15:50

with sssoul
Lady Jayne, i recall you saying just after the wedding that Keith didn't look well to you.
if you said that Ronnie looked like he's been drinking heavily i must have missed that.

You did not miss it, with ssoul because, being very aware of the libel laws (and basic fairness and decency) I didn't write it! Nor did I attribute Keiths' state (apparently barely able to stand straight) to drink. It could have had several explanations for eg drink, drugs, legal or illegal or illness - he had plainly injured his hand for eg. In the case of Ronnie he was very jittery and heavily made up - again, plainly 'unwell' although cause might be debateable and I wasn't near enough to comment further. I think I did mention Ronnie appeared to me to be wasted at the SAL premiere. His public behaviour and some fairly obvious tensions within the group and their minders was a much clearer indication of the problem.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 12, 2008 15:55

Ain't .... I Can Feel The Fire One sluttin' groove rattlin'...Rocker....

ROCKMAN

Date: July 12, 2008 15:59

with sssoul
>> Well, as it turns out I seem to have been right as the Woods' publicist has now gone on record <<

all right, i'll be glad to take those reports on board, Lady Jayne -
if they present a more coherent story than what the Sun first wrote that will be enlightening.
do you have links to the stories in the Daily Mail and/or the Star, by any chance?

[www.dailymail.co.uk] is the on line version of the Mail

Date: July 12, 2008 16:02

Yes, it is, Rockman!
For some reason, I've played Ronnie's box today.
Hoping he's well, fearing he's not.

Date: July 12, 2008 16:02

>> You did not miss it, with ssoul because, being very aware of the libel laws
(and basic fairness and decency) I didn't write it! <<

okay. in fact it wouldn't have been libel, legally, to write that someone didn't look well to you - but anyway!
here's a link to the Daily Mail article ... oh sorry, you gave it already while i was writing this - thanks.

there's a lot of "said to be" and "alleged" and unnamed sources in it but at least it avoids contradicting itself.
i'm curious why the name of the publicist being quoted isn't given - maybe someone versed in the ways of UK newspapers
can give us outsiders some clues as to why they'd be so specific about the source but coy about the name?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-12 16:09 by with sssoul.

Date: July 12, 2008 16:09

with sssoul
>> You did not miss it, with ssoul because, being very aware of the libel laws
(and basic fairness and decency) I didn't write it! <<

okay. in fact it's not legally libel if you believe that what you write is true - but anyway!
here's a link to the Daily Mail article ... oh sorry, you gave it already while i was writing this - thanks.

there's a lot of "said to be" and "alleged" and unnamed sources in it but at least it avoids contradicting itself.
i'm curious why the name of the publicist being quoted isn't given - maybe someone versed in the ways of UK newspapers
can give us outsiders some clues as to why they'd be so specific about the source but coy about the name?

I understand that in the UK, "a spokesman for the band/star" or if it's a woman: "A spokesperson for the star" is usually quoted. Whereas in the US, they often name the publicist. In Scandinavia most of us follow the UK tradition. (I'm in this business myself.)

Date: July 12, 2008 16:11

so who is Ronnie's publicist?

Date: July 12, 2008 16:13

with sssoul
>> okay. in fact it's not legally libel if you believe that what you write is true - but anyway!

Are you a lawyer, with ssoul? I am - and always interested to learn more about American law where it differs from English!
It's so easy to assume they are the same.

Why would the name mean anything to Joe Public? Its the function that's germaine to the story isn't it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-12 16:15 by Lady Jayne.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: July 12, 2008 16:17

ugh!

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: July 12, 2008 16:19

sweet neo con
Oh Elmo...now I get it.

That's great, neo!

"No Anchovies, Please"

Date: July 12, 2008 16:23

as i already noted, Lady Jayne, i'm acquainted with libel law from my spell as a journalist in the US,
and yes, it might be different in the UK. is it possible in the UK to successfully sue someone for libel
for writing that they thought you looked unwell??

>> Why would the name mean anything to Joe Public? Its the function that's germaine to the story isn't it? <<

i don't know about Joe Public, but i would like to know the name of the publicist who made these statements.
does anyone here know who "Wood's publicist" would be?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-12 16:27 by with sssoul.

Date: July 12, 2008 16:35

The answer is...GET TAYLOR AND WYMAN BACK!!! You know it and I know it and guess who else knows it. Word!

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1893
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home