Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: AC/DC expected to go on tour
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 5, 2008 22:39

RollingStonesFan
sweetcharmedlife
FrankM
Where is the great AC/DC ballad?

Gone Shootin

This isn't a ballad in my ears. Da-dam!

Not a ballad just a small attempt at humor on my part.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: July 5, 2008 23:20

FrankM
andy js
not really a ballad either. nor is Ride On

AC/DC just don't do ballads

isn't that reason enough to raise a glass and toast them ?

No but it does show they are totally one dimenional compared to other bands. Even Led Zep had some good ballads. AC/DC is a one trick pony- and their one trick isn't even all that good.

this is just a ludicrous statement! they are a kick ass rock and roll band....like the stones very influenced by chuck berry.....

can't wait for this tour.. in fact its the tour i most am looking forward to.. people dont' realize maybe but this could be their last tour.. their last album stiff upper lip is really excellent too..

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: July 5, 2008 23:41

How is it ludicrous? They are one dimensional whether or not they are influenced by Berry.

Date: July 5, 2008 23:48

FrankM
How is it ludicrous? They are one dimensional whether or not they are influenced by Berry.

one dimensionally great!

does the fact they don't sing some lame ballads detract from them kicking ass, no!

do they have different tempos.. yes.. do they have different subjects they write about! yes... they write about women, sex rock and roll.... they whole shibang..

its great stuff. and to somehow try to insinuate that they are a poor band because they don't slow down the tempo to a crawl and croon "i loved her.. she didn't love me.. i'm so down"

thats poppycock.. nothing says a band has to sing ballads to be a good rock and roll band....

they are true to their vision which doesn't include turgid ballads. .you ought to respect them for doign it their way instead of selling out like many others.. do you realize they are the only major artist in the history of music not to have a greatest hits album?? thats right: they don't believe in greatest hits albums..they think you should listen to an entire album (without ballads of course).. what you going to criticize them for not having a greatest hits album??

listen to back in black album or highway to hell and tell me they are not a rocking kickass band! you cant!

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: July 6, 2008 01:59

Have to admit I lost track of em during late 80sand 90s(doing the raising kids thing) but one listen to "Highway To Hell" and I know why I love em! As Charlie said in an interview "Well, they're very good at what they do, arent they?"!!

Posted by: roby ()
Date: July 6, 2008 02:36

Well...

[jam.canoe.ca]

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: July 6, 2008 02:42

Good news, AC/DC rocks.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: July 6, 2008 06:04

roby
Well...

[jam.canoe.ca]

I am not the least bit surprised.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: July 6, 2008 06:39

For fans sake I hope they take at least one night off between shows. Brain Johnson cannot handle two shows in a row.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: July 6, 2008 11:25

TooTough
I´ve been a hardcore ACDC fan from 1979 (11 years old) to 1982.
Then I saw the Stones in the cinema. ROCKS OFF.

The difference:

The Stones are a totally unpredictable riff band, even with
Chuck L. behind. They have different styles and loads of SONGS.

ACDC are so much playing the same style. I saw them twice:
2001 on their own tour, and 2003 opening for the Stones.
It was impressive, soundwise. But to be honest: Both gigs were
sounding the s a m e.

Even when I saw the Stones play back to back shows (Paris 95,
Giants 1997, London 99 i.e.) they were never sounding the same.

Indeed. That's my main gripe with Ac/Dc as well. It's too much of the same.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: roby ()
Date: July 6, 2008 13:01

Yes, with Ronnie and now Keith, always big surprises...

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: July 6, 2008 13:08

Excellent news. These guys always put on a good show. No screw-ups on the guitar department either. Plain rock'n'roll.

Date: July 6, 2008 13:41

is there a acdc site like this one where we can follow rumours ?

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: July 6, 2008 14:06

FrankM

because you are assuming that they can't do other styles. the point is THEY DON'T WANT, OR NEED TO!

if you wanna listen to ballads and shit, then fair enough. go and by yourself a Journey album

whatever next ???

Date: July 6, 2008 16:24

andy js
FrankM

because you are assuming that they can't do other styles. the point is THEY DON'T WANT, OR NEED TO!

if you wanna listen to ballads and shit, then fair enough. go and by yourself a Journey album

whatever next ???

Well if they choose not to do it it's their choice and some fans may like it but they open themselves up to criticism from people who want more than one dimension from a band. I don't have to buy a Journey album for ballads. Plenty of great rock bands like The Stone, Beatles, Zep and The Who have great ballads.

You spend plenty of time criticizing The Stones in this forum Andy. You have to have a thicker skin when someone has the audacity to criticize the almighty AC/DC.

"Lyin' awake in a cold, cold sweat. Am I overdrawn, am I going in debt?
It gets worse, the older that you get. No escape from the state of confusion I'm in.

Date: July 6, 2008 19:11

thats because the Stones leave themselves open to criticism by their actions and corporate cabaret style

the DC don't

quite simple

its no coinicdence that the 4 times they played together the DC boys whipped their arses. thats because they still mean it

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: July 6, 2008 20:55

No reason to pick on The AC/DC. They are the only band that Sticks to its Story.
You know in a couple seconds of hearing a new song that it's them. They have no need to add horns, orchestra, etc. They stick to what they know and it works for them and their fans. Their fans do not want to see AC/DC Unplugged, etc.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: July 6, 2008 21:35

From an AC/DC Interview some years back.

REPORTER: How do you feel if you accidently hit a wrong note?

ANGUS: Don't know, I've never hit a wrong note in my life.

Date: July 7, 2008 02:52

andy js
thats because the Stones leave themselves open to criticism by their actions and corporate cabaret style

the DC don't

quite simple

its no coinicdence that the 4 times they played together the DC boys whipped their arses. thats because they still mean it

You sound totally silly when you say caberet- just some constructive criticism. Everything you say in your posts is just your opinion as is most of the stuff in my posts. The only fact is that The Stones draw more people at higher ticket prices. AC/DC is not a bad band imo just very one dimensional.

Date: July 7, 2008 05:43

FrankM
andy js

the DC don't

quite simple

You sound totally silly when you say caberet- just some constructive criticism. Everything you say in your posts is just your opinion as is most of the stuff in my posts. The only fact is that The Stones draw more people at higher ticket prices. AC/DC is not a bad band imo just very one dimensional.

i'm not sure angus, malcolm and crew care as much about having a high average ticket price..

they certainly don't behave as if they care about money.. you know how many copies a greatest hits cd from acdc -incorporating both eras - would sell??? 20 million easily.. probably more.... do ac dc put out a greatest hits... hell no...we're talking big money there man....

we'll see when this tour comes how ac dc handles it.. we know demand is THROUGH THE ROOF........

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: July 7, 2008 06:05

Back In Black is their greatest hits, an average of 10,000-5,000 copies sold each week for the past 25+ years. It's the best selling album in the world after Thriller with 42 million copies! 22 million in US!

AC/DC could always play the same but they never jumped the shark and they rock like no other band in the world, Stones included.

Date: July 7, 2008 06:26

georgelicks
Back In Black is their greatest hits, an average of 10,000-5,000 copies sold each week for the past 25+ years. It's the best selling album in the world after Thriller with 42 million copies! 22 million in US!

AC/DC could always play the same but they never jumped the shark and they rock like no other band in the world, Stones included.

definetly no doubt back in black is like a greatest hits..and has sold tons ..i did know that actually.. BUT if they could put out one cd with both you shook me and highway to hell on it - a greatest hits incorporating both bon scott and brian johnson eras...well the sales would be incredible

although truth be told people dont buy cds anymore but instead mp3s..

anyways my point is that there is some compelling evidence that the young brothers don't give that much of a shit about money...

SO when they do go on tour- what i think will be their last tour- i am interested to see how they handle it.... i plan to catch a few of these shows...but i'll be curious how its priced.. how ticket sales are handled etc...where they choose to play.... that kinda of thing... the demand for ac dc in the US is through the roof...

Date: July 7, 2008 21:16

well they've NEVER charged a big price in the past so i can't see em doing it in the future. in the UK i'm guessing £30-40 quid a ticket tops. maybe up to £50 in some venues but unlikely

for Frank to use the Stones rip off prices as some sort of badge of honour is quite frankly (no pun intended) ridiculous. and another glaring example why AC/DC still reign supreme as the last great rock n roll band on the planet (*) and the Stones a corporate marketing machine

* although they're are some other decent younger ones of course

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: July 7, 2008 22:11

If AC/DC does´nt rock you, nothing will.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 8, 2008 00:06

I still by records. I know people that still buy records. Because they like them. MP3s suck.

AC/DC is awesome. There is no confusing them for anything else. And as far as the kind of tripe Frank said about criticism - it's way too far beyond that now to criticise AC/DC.

They have some songs that are slower, but overall, yeah, they are as high of an octane as you'll ever get that makes sense.

Date: July 8, 2008 00:08

Oh yeah, it is their last tour.

Date: July 8, 2008 00:59

Nah. it aint

Date: July 8, 2008 01:33

Well it's certainly been talked about as being their last go'round. I don't think they are kidding anyone. How long since the last tour?

Date: July 8, 2008 04:43

skipstone
I still by records. I know people that still buy records. Because they like them. MP3s suck.

AC/DC is awesome. There is no confusing them for anything else. And as far as the kind of tripe Frank said about criticism - it's way too far beyond that now to criticise AC/DC.

How's that? If you can criticize The Stones on a Stones board why can't you criticize an inferior band like AC/DC. Come on guys this isn't rocket science here. If you think they are awesome then go see them a hundred times. I won't lose any sleep over it but to say they are beyond criticism is totally laughable.

Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: July 8, 2008 04:51

I like Ac/Dc and I liked them at least a year before Stones,but I have to agree that they are most a one dimensional band.I mean the Stones besides the crap songs that they wrote like Streets of Love they have different songs.They have Jumping Jack Flash and they have Let it Loose.
However I want to see them live and I like them but they are not coming even close to Stones for me.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1541
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home