Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: AC/DC expected to go on tour
Date: July 8, 2008 04:55

of course people can criticize ac dc.. its just the criticism ought to be a bit better than to say they have a lower average ticket price.. or they are one dimensional...

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: July 8, 2008 05:00

Well do you really think they are multi facted Stoned? I mean all their stuff sounds the same to me. If you like it that's fine but it doesn't mean others can't criticize them for being one dimensional. The Stones get criticized for everything and anything here so I reserve the right to criticize other bands especially when it is so obvious that I am right lol.

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: July 8, 2008 05:02

I'll get out of this thread and leave you AC/DC fanatics alone. Go see as many shows as you want but try not to sit too close to Angus Young. You may get a headache watching him jerk his head up and down lol.

Date: July 8, 2008 05:13

oh no worries frankm...

its cool.. i know MANY people feel that way...

i just love them so much iprobably can't be too objective...

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: July 8, 2008 05:30

I believe they are kinda one-dimensional but its a good dimension.Hey FrankM-I agree with you about Angus but at least his hair doesnt get in the way anymore!!!

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 8, 2008 05:33

Nit pick. Damn. Their sounds, songs, are similar. But there are differences. All one has to do is listen. Hearing the same old songs on the radio is one thing. But listening to their albums is a whole other trip.

Besides, AC/DC is one of Keith's favourite bands. I like them no matter of the Stones.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: July 8, 2008 05:36

Yeah, and Charlie-boy digs em too.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: July 8, 2008 06:25

AC/DC is one dimensional? Ok, if you say so, then so is Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Bill Haley. Let's go further, Howlin Wolf, Robert Johnson, Muddy Waters, well maybe not Muddy Waters.

But then again "Ride On" and Given' the Dog a Bone" are just a little different from each other.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: July 8, 2008 09:01

I can't wait to seen them back on stage, even if I fear it really may be the last time they tour.

They have always been my 2nd favorite band after the Stones

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: kees ()
Date: July 8, 2008 09:54

the only thing I can critize AC/DC for is their boring set lists, they hardly change them and play in general few songs from their last album.
But their shows are great and they rock like the Stones use to rock during their 78 tour.
And they care about their fans, released two great DVD's with some 11 hrs of great sought after footage.
Talking about opening the vaults......
And no rock star attitude where Mr. jagger and Mr. Richards suffer from. Straight down to earth guys.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: July 8, 2008 14:26

skipstone
Well it's certainly been talked about as being their last go'round. I don't think they are kidding anyone. How long since the last tour?

thats been talked around since god knows when. the last 'tour' ended in 2001. then they did a few bits n bobs in 2003

they only signed a new deal for god knows how many albums after Stiff Upper Lip so i very much doubt they'll be calling it a day

you do have to wonder why they're talking such long breaks at this stage in their career though. i'd have thought they'd want to spend as much time doing their thang now than ever as the clock ticks down

but. i think one of em said they'd spent 25 years SOLID on the road and all missed their kids growing up etc so they wanted some down time to get back to being real people

Date: July 8, 2008 14:31

the whole 'one dimensional' moaners are completely missing the point of AC/DC fulls top

THATS WHAT THEY ARE. A ROCK N ROLL BAND. NO MORE, NO LESS. THEY DON'T DO BALLADS, THEY DON'T DO COUNTRY, THEY DON'T DO MIDDLE OF THE ROAD, THEY JUST DO ROCK N ROLL

pick out 3 albums. Powerage, Highway To Hell and Back In Black for example. Throw in Let There Be Rock as well if you wish

they're all DIFFERENT, but the SAME. all 4 have different vibes and slants on their own brand of rock n roll

the one thing i hate above all else are bands that force themselves to do something different, probably because their record label suggests it

BULLSHIT

a band should do exactly what THEY want. and thats all i want too

Date: July 8, 2008 18:40

Givin' the dog a bone....

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: July 8, 2008 18:48

I saw them open for Ted Nugent @ MSG in 1979 and a couple of times during the 90's, the last time was Roseland Ballroom 2002.

I would definitely see them again. Always a good time.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: July 9, 2008 15:49

Got an e-mail: ticketalarm ACDC
>grinning smiley<

Date: July 9, 2008 16:07

waht does ticketalarm mean??

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: July 9, 2008 16:49

stoned in washington dc
waht does ticketalarm mean??

You can inscribe your eMail-adress at German top-ticket-seller eventim (http://www.eventim.de/cgi-bin/acdc-tickets.html?doc=kuenstlerreg/topseller/acdc/kreg_sta&id=TUG_NO_SESSION)

You can sign in for a special group, if there are rumours about a forthcoming tour. This is called "ticketalarm" (=alert) Last year, eventim was the first official "institution", which gave signals to us about a new Stones-tour...I guess it was in last January.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: July 9, 2008 23:05

If they start touring in a few months, than that means arena concerts, no? So more good news thumbs up

Date: July 10, 2008 04:25

The new LP is going to be titled either Black Ice or Runaway Train. Most likely Black Ice.

Date: July 10, 2008 04:31

It cracks me up that the record label made TNT into High Voltage:

TNT
It's A Long Way To The Top (If You Wanna Rock)
Rock 'N' Roll Singer
The Jack
Live Wire
T.N.T.
Rocker
Can I Sit Next To You Girl
High Voltage
School Days

And the original Dirty Deeds is almost completely different too. Typical I guess.

Date: July 10, 2008 04:51

love ac dc but those titles are nothing to get excited about UNLESS those songs are really awesome..

Date: July 10, 2008 05:17

Well they certainly don't seem very AC/DC now do they? I would expect something like Electrocuted or Total Ohms.

Date: July 10, 2008 05:31

skipstone
Well they certainly don't seem very AC/DC now do they? I would expect something like Electrocuted or Total Ohms.

i agree..

i think the early hints are not encouraging but i'm hoping it turns out allright.. so far we have that the title will either be black ice or runaway train....and that it will only be sold at walmart.. geez louise..

i will give them a break until i actually know whats what.. thats how much i like them..

Posted by: mexicostone ()
Date: July 10, 2008 06:39

theyre the law!
at least angus can move , keith cant move anymore!!
he cant even move his fingers these days!

Date: July 10, 2008 08:41

Maybe. They haven't toured yet.

Date: July 10, 2008 12:34

skipstone
The new LP is going to be titled either Black Ice or Runaway Train. Most likely Black Ice.

WANNA BET ?

Posted by: roby ()
Date: July 11, 2008 22:37

New album : October 27 2008...

[www.highwaytoacdc.com]

Date: July 11, 2008 22:53

This one is in English:

[www.mountainfm.net]

Date: July 11, 2008 22:55

A little more info on their 'farewell tour':

[www.metalunderground.com]

Date: July 11, 2008 22:56

Hey andy js - I'm only saying what's been said. Do you still wanna bet?

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1787
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home