Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

NO SECURITY TOUR '99 Live Vids - Some Girls, Bitch, Route 66, Rambler, Silver
Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: May 10, 2008 14:58

Trying to find footage of the under visually documented 1999 American NO SECURITY TOUR - still TRYING to find MOONLIGHT MILE Live. In the mean time, Here's some other ones from that short but GREAT Tour:

SOME GIRLS Live 1999 (not yet totally self censored by Mick - well, only slightly)

BITCH Live 1999

ROUTE 66 Live 1999 (B-Stage)

MIDNIGHT RAMBLER Live 1999 (B-Stage) - Rare B-Stage performance

YOU GOT THE SILVER Live 1999 - Very close to the LET IT BLEED version

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-10 15:12 by HelterSkelter.

Re: NO SECURITY TOUR '99 Live Vids - Some Girls, Bitch, Route 66, Rambler, Silver
Posted by: Tate ()
Date: May 10, 2008 15:24

Fantastic. YGTS is infinitely better here than on SAL. I saw this show in Boston, and loved it when Keith sang YGTS. I have a decent version from this tour lying around here somewhere... Thanks for posting, Helter. Some Girls is also great. The guitars sound terrific!

Re: NO SECURITY TOUR '99 Live Vids - Some Girls, Bitch, Route 66, Rambler, Silver
Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: May 10, 2008 15:34

Yeah Tate, it was a special tour with a some what unique sound IMHO, maybe cause it was so stripped down and just all about the music, much more raw sounding to me.... wish they had put together a DVD of it, I thought MOONLIGHT MILE was beautiful and totally agree with you on YGTS - that's the way that one should sound !!!

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: May 10, 2008 16:06

The 2nd show for NO SECURITY in Boston was probably the tightest I have ever heard them.

Posted by: olorin ()
Date: May 10, 2008 17:30

Good versions
But I prefer Beacon versions of SG and YGTS.
Route 66 is a pearl to hear and see. Just notice how near are the crowd from the stage ! Fantastic !

Sorry for my english ; I'm a french little boy (but I like it)

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: May 10, 2008 17:44

Actually there were many NS shows video taped. the only dvdr I have is OKC cause I was there but I have eight more on VHS as that format was more used at the time. Two of the best aud. shot videos I've ever seen(as far as clarity and closeness) are the 2 Hartford Conn. 99 shows.

Posted by: livewithme ()
Date: May 10, 2008 18:55

I got the Oklahoma City that is really an annoying audience shot. Lots of audience noise and back of heads.
I paid this guy, $15 as I recall, who swore he had Oakland that I was at. (I am pretty sure there is nothing on Oakland). He sent me Oklahoma city.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: May 10, 2008 20:18

Helter - Thanks for posting the Minneapolis links.
I was at the show in Milwaukee....we also got Route 66 and
Midnight Rambler on the B-Stage (along with Just My Imagination).

Memories from '99 No Security in Milwaukee:

Local TV video of band arriving at the airport.

Hung out in the lobby of the Pfister Hotel with hopes
of getting a glimpse of the guys....saw Darryl, Blondie Chaplain and
Mick's kids with their Nanny....and Larry Bird.

Mick had a birthday party for daughter Liz.

Ran into Bobby Keys at the Bradley Center before the show.

Excellent seats for the show! Excellent set! We were near the B-stage.

A few days later newspaper ran a blurb about what the Stones did while
they were in town....Charlie visited out Art Museum, Ronnie bought a shirt
at the Men's Clothing store in the Hotel, Mick went kite-flying at the lakefront
and Keith had dinner at the English Room (restaurant in Pfister)...and I think
Mick was also seen eating at a Thai restaurant.

Nice to know they don't seclude themselves in their hotel rooms while
touring the world.

IORR............but I like it!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-13 01:54 by sweet neo con.

Posted by: gmanp ()
Date: May 10, 2008 20:39

Had nosebleed Pyramid seats in Memphis; the sound was horrible up there, so very disappointed. Great show otherwise.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: May 10, 2008 22:12

livewithme
I got the Oklahoma City that is really an annoying audience shot. Lots of audience noise and back of heads.
I totally agree.My seat was 1st row/lower balcony on the side right in front of Keith B stage. I wanted a better momento! On VHS I have NS shows Hartford(both),Toronto,Memphis,Minneapolis,Charlotte NC and D.C.(cant remember if 1st or second). But I know theres a lot more that were taped.

Posted by: Ludwig8745 ()
Date: May 11, 2008 00:30

Some Hartford stuff to download and watch here: [www.iorr.org]

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 11, 2008 02:14

Excellent. I love seeing things I missed. Thank you!

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: May 11, 2008 03:38

Rambler was great. Where was that from? I saw Rambler on the "b" stage in Chicago and it was awesome!

Posted by: jimpietryga ()
Date: May 11, 2008 05:18

No video of the cage??????

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: May 11, 2008 16:35

This is one of the greatest youtube videos I've seen for a long time.
The No Security intro with the BTB stage set.

Posted by: BrianKeith ()
Date: May 11, 2008 20:11

Thanks for posting, HelterSkelter!
Great remember STUTTGART 29.5.1999 !!! smiling smiley

SOME GIRLS Live 1999
BITCH Live 1999
ROUTE 66 Live 1999 (B-Stage)
MIDNIGHT RAMBLER Live 1999 (B-Stage)
YOU GOT THE SILVER Live 1999

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-11 20:12 by BrianKeith.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 12, 2008 18:53

That was such a fantastic stage. Great intro - I've never seen it, only read about it.

Posted by: livewithme ()
Date: May 12, 2008 19:07

thank you the worst - that was the best!

Posted by: R ()
Date: May 12, 2008 19:11

The Worst.
This is one of the greatest youtube videos I've seen for a long time.
The No Security intro with the BTB stage set.

I remember being directly opposite of the screen in the second tier at MCI Center (CHEAP seats) you could see them all waiting at the bottom of the rear stage stairs as that intro movie played. Keith lurched forward on cue and the rest followed him up in rapid succession

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 12, 2008 22:39

Love the intro, very cool. This was the last time i got to see the Stones in the UK before they introduced all floor-seating to their shows. I wonder whether they'll ever revert back to all-standing... For me the shows lost something after this leg

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: May 13, 2008 02:20

I was at those Boston shows( and Hartford, Philly anf NYC) and Boston rocked! Both shows were incredible, and yes, very tight, well paced. I bought a boot DVD. Just ok. No Security was one of my top 3 tours!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1770
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home