Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Great Steve Goodman DVD
Posted by: Des ()
Date: May 12, 2008 23:35

After many years I fianly broke down an got a copy of Steve Goodmans's performances on Austin City Limits.

I like to be entertained. The Stones entertain me. Just saw Springstein and yes he entertained but I'm not a big fan of the music. After the Stones I like individuals that can deliver a night of song and story with personality. I'm talking John Prine, Arlo Guthrie, John Hiatt amunst others, but a true champion was Steve Goodman.

Not only a consumate acoustic gutar player he wrote either funny (How Much Tequila Did I drink Last Night, Talking backwards) or insightfull tunes (my old man), and yes, even The City of New Orleans. He is also responsable for all that kick ass acoustic guitar on early John Prine albums and this DVD includes my second favorite live song (next to Gimme Shelter) 'Souveniers', the best contemporary guitar duet and poinent lyrics you can see/hear.

What realy gets you though is the sincere personality as he jokes, bounces around, adlibs in the middle of songs, on and on,

Well worth the $15 delivered to my door. He is one of those guys you either know him or you don't, you should, as I'm sure others will atest, this DVD will give you a great retrospect.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1540
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home