Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 16
Re: Met any big stars
Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: August 11, 2009 10:57

mckalk
Here's the Mick Jagger story.

I was on a Delta Airlines flight coming back from San Jose, CA to Salt Lake City in late January 1999 and this guy gets on in coach and sits down I think it was two rows in front me. He seemed like somewhat of a blowhard at first because he's talking loudly to the passengers around him about the Stones concert in SJ being cancelled. I catch that he is saying that he is some kind of tour manager for the Stones and then the next thing I know he is talking to Mick Jagger on the plane phone (very loudly I might add). He goes on with Mick about the reschedule and then asks the person sitted next to him if he'd like to say hi to Mick. The tour manager says Mick is up for speaking to some fans (not sure how the tour manager would know who's a fan or not). Anyway Mick goes on to speak to the passengers sitted next to the tour manager and also a female flight attendant. I guess if I had been aggressive I could have had a shot at talking to Mick though I was in a window seat.

Anyway if the story rings true I almost had a chance to speak with Mick Jagger on an airplane phone!

cool story- thanks.

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: August 11, 2009 11:58

moe howard (3 stooges), muhammed ali, ronnie wood.

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: August 11, 2009 12:21

I got an evil stare from Mark Lamaar at the Art Wood tribute gig.....not sure if that counts

Posted by: nanker phelge ()
Date: August 11, 2009 12:26

I met Gazza once!!

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 11, 2009 12:34

nanker phelge
I met Gazza once!!

I have met Gazza on nine seperate occasions! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: August 11, 2009 12:43

Big Al
nanker phelge
I met Gazza once!!

I have met Gazza on nine seperate occasions! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Blimey! That's impressive!smiling smiley

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: August 11, 2009 12:47

Big Al
nanker phelge
I met Gazza once!!

do you get a badge?

Date: August 11, 2009 12:48

Adrian-L
Big Al
nanker phelge
I met Gazza once!!

do you get a badge?

Only on the tenth meeting!

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: August 11, 2009 13:05

nanker phelge
Adrian-L
Big Al
nanker phelge
I met Gazza once!!

do you get a badge?

Only on the tenth meeting!

And then you get one free!

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: August 11, 2009 13:36

Adrian-L
mckalk
Here's the Mick Jagger story.

I was on a Delta Airlines flight coming back from San Jose, CA to Salt Lake City in late January 1999 and this guy gets on in coach and sits down I think it was two rows in front me. He seemed like somewhat of a blowhard at first because he's talking loudly to the passengers around him about the Stones concert in SJ being cancelled. I catch that he is saying that he is some kind of tour manager for the Stones and then the next thing I know he is talking to Mick Jagger on the plane phone (very loudly I might add). He goes on with Mick about the reschedule and then asks the person sitted next to him if he'd like to say hi to Mick. The tour manager says Mick is up for speaking to some fans (not sure how the tour manager would know who's a fan or not). Anyway Mick goes on to speak to the passengers sitted next to the tour manager and also a female flight attendant. I guess if I had been aggressive I could have had a shot at talking to Mick though I was in a window seat.

Anyway if the story rings true I almost had a chance to speak with Mick Jagger on an airplane phone!

cool story- thanks.

OK, I can see the guy flying coach if he's on Mick's dime but come on, it could have been anyone on the other end of that phone!

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: August 11, 2009 15:33

I saw Gazza pee once. We almost missed the show waiting for it to end.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: August 11, 2009 22:39

Ok, Musicians first: Mick ( two yummy times!), Chuck Leavell, Blondie, Lisa, Bernard, Tim Reis, Bobby Keyes( chatted with them all...had a delightful chat with Chuck, Lisa, Blondie, Bobby Keyes and Tim).
Other Musicians: Arlo Guthrie, Rick Ocasek, John Hall ( Orleans front man), Tom Rush, John Mayall, Chad and Jeremy, Carla Bonaff, Gary Puckett, twice...and The Union Gap.
Actors and Politicians: Ted Koppell, Julian Bond, Rob Lowe( OH MY, we had a real flirtatious visit!! HANDSOME MAN!), John Derrick, hubby to Bo, John Kerry, and Ted Kennedy.
I know I'm forgetting some, chalk it up to old age!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-08-11 23:45 by mickschix.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: August 11, 2009 23:15

CindyC
I saw Gazza pee once. We almost missed the show waiting for it to end.

must've been the first pee of the night...at least according to gazza's theory of pissability....

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: August 11, 2009 23:32

Mick, keith - thanks to the Great JC
Charlie
Bill
Van Morrison - also thanks to JC

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: August 11, 2009 23:33

I've met Van Morrison and Mick Taylor. Talked to Mick for a while but a friend of mine was so shy to meet such a prominent person that he pushed me away. Basically Mick is a nice person but I think that he does not want to talk about the Stones all the time. It's long gone....

Posted by: roundnround ()
Date: August 12, 2009 00:26

I met George Thorogood when he was on tour with the Stones in 1981. I saw him at the Keystone Palo Alto club, just after they played at Candlestick Park in San Francisco. He was there to see Mink Deville (RIP)... I saw George in the club and went up and chatted with him, told him I had seen him play several times. He was very friendly and polite, no rock star attitude at all. He sat down at a table with some friends and I bought him a beer... A cool guy...

Posted by: glencar ()
Date: August 12, 2009 00:31

Daryl Jones & Bernard Fowler from the Stones, Cyndi Lauper, Kareem, Ali, Madonna, others...Living in NY, you see them fairly often.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 12, 2009 01:04

nanker phelge
Big Al
nanker phelge
I met Gazza once!!

You think? I think the fact that he actually kept count is more than mildly disturbing.

At least he didnt watch me pee, though.

Posted by: Elmo ()
Date: August 12, 2009 01:29

I had a pee next to Tony McPhee from the Groundhogs in a pub some years ago. I met the members of Man ( a Welsh acid rock band from way back, great)....oh, and one William Perks, at a book signing, he shook my hand, never washed it since.....

My old lady once met the Duke of Edinburgh, was formally introduced and shook his hand...left handed, as he had broken his right arm in a riding accident.

Meanwhile, I was STILL thinking....

Posted by: guyrachel ()
Date: August 12, 2009 01:52

I met and chatted with:
Ian Stewart in a pub in Camden
Charlie Watts 3 times, always charming
Keith Richards just after having seen Dexy's Midnight Runners

Date: August 12, 2009 01:56

The 'peeing next to a celebrity' story reminds me of a strange fan encounter that Tony Curtis shared on a chat show a few years ago.

He's in some restaurant and needs to empty his bladder, so he's standing having a pee when he sees a guy standing next to him. The fan recognises him and says 'You're Tony Curtis!'. Tony smiles politely and nods in the affirmative.

He continues to pee and then notices that the guy is gazing at his (Tony's) cock while he does so. The guy points at it and says "Would I be right in saying THAT has been inside Marilyn Monroe?".

Curtis looks at him somewhat bemused and embarrassed and replies..."Er, well, yes actually, it has" and smiles nervously.

The fan shakes his head, says "Wow" and keeps gazing at it in admiration. He pauses, looks at Tony all doey eyed and says "Do you mind if I kiss it?"

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: August 12, 2009 02:09

yeah, lets show off!!! ;-)

the rolling stones 2006 (meet and greet)
izzy stradlin (smoked some weed after his gig in 1992)
the pet shop boys (had dinner with)
mando diao (played table soccer together)
jeff healy (he played my guitar)
danko jones (played live on stage with him)
beast of burboun (backstage)
joe satriani (interviewed him)
celtic frost (close friends)
dick dale (backstage)
simple minds (backstage)
backyard babies (interview)
gluecifer (went for drink)
peaches (performed with her)
bela b. (die ärzte)

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: August 12, 2009 02:14

I have met Rod Stewart, Ian Hunter, Mick Ronson, Ellen Foley, Ian Anderson and Ansley Dunbar to name a few, One of the nicest people I have ever met was Tiny Tim back in the late 1970's. He was in the music store I was running at the time and was looking for sheet music. Extremely friendly and very polite.

Mike

Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: August 12, 2009 02:16

Joe Namath - LaGuadia Airport

Woody Allen - Walking down 3rd Ave

Norman Mailer - While waiting for a table in El Coyote Mexican Restaurant

Sherman Hemsley - Stolling down 8th Street in Greenwich Village

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: August 12, 2009 03:34

Some, been around a ton of actors, directors, and some musicians - it's mainly boring and worthless, they're just people like everyone else and the ones that need the massive attention - not all do - are pretty f*cked up. Here's a couple cool one-

DENNIS HOOPER, right after BLUE VELVET. Got him laughing that Hooper laugh by going,"hey Dennis, WTF were you inhaling in BLUE VELVET, what was that sh*t?" After awhile he was LHAO, so was I (and my date who was egging the whole thing on by making that hissing noise and then going - what's that sound Dennis, owww - he's start busting up big time, dude's a rascal, loves to laugh (at least back then)

JOHN BELUSHI, Hollywood Palladium. Worked on THE BLUES BROTHERS film (that's where the last big concert in the film was shot, not in Chicago - movie magic). Went up and talked about Blues music with Belushi - he was engaged but bored. Film making takes FOREVER !!. Landis (Director, TWILIGHT ZONE killer) was sick as a dog and a real Prick, he's an arrogant big mouth in general IMHO....

BOB DYLAN, across the aisle on a flight from Sao Paulo, Brazil to Dallas with him. Already wrote about that one twice - do a search if you're interested.

GEORGE HARRISON, back stage at a Dylan show at the Greek Theater. Did more listening than talking, keep staring at my date (sorry George, no touchy-touchy, THE INNER LIGHT is good but not that good - lol)

ROBERT DeNIRO - NOT a great communicator....

DUSTIN HOFFMAN - loves to talk and tells stories. "I'm Walkin' Here" by Ratso Rizo from MIDNIGHT COWBOY was total improve... that was a real cab that didn't have a clue......

MARTIN SHEEN
STEVE MARTIN
JOHN HURT (Elephant Man, Heaven's Gate)- great guy, very humble
CLINT EASTWOOD
SYDNEY POLLACK
LAWRENCE KASDAN (Big Chill, Body Heat, Grand Canyon, French Kiss)
LENNY KRAVITZ/LISA BONET at I LOVE JUCIES on Melrose (gone now)
SANDRA BERNHARD - very sour mood - OTR
RICKY NELSON
STEPHEN STILLS - a very short guy (but what a talent)
KIETH MOON, one of my favs. We were at a tennis match in Hollywood/Beverly Hills. When the match was over he decided to act like a clown and heave this tennis ball, of course one of his many jeweled expensive rings flew off his finger and landed in the empty stands. He freaked, got a few of my friends to go look for it and it was found. The guy was SO relieved

Man, that's it for now, do a search, I did a real complete one once..... maybe it was under the old name.....

smiling smileyRe: Met any big stars
Date: August 12, 2009 10:59

Gazza
nanker phelge
Big Al
nanker phelge
I met Gazza once!!

You think? I think the fact that he actually kept count is more than mildly disturbing.

At least he didnt watch me pee, though.

Lol!

Re: smiling smileyRe: Met any big stars
Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: August 12, 2009 19:17

George Burns, who to my knowledge was not pissing at the time.

Date: August 12, 2009 19:19

Considering his age, he probably was and didnt realise.....

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: August 12, 2009 19:31

What exactly does that mean anyway, met? I guess hanging out with is different. So in that case I've "met" Wayne Gretzky.

But I've hung out with some famous, I guess, people.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: August 12, 2009 20:18

I've met skipstone.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1595
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home