Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Will this really be "the Last Time"
Posted by: svendborg ()
Date: July 4, 2007 03:01

A few people in this forum including myself have indicated, that they think this will be the final Stones tour and that the concert in London 26th August will be their farewell.
Off course it will have to stop soon considering they are in their sixties now. But what are your feelings out there...do think that this is it or do you think they'll do another tour in say 3 or 4 years time ending in London in 2012 celebrating their 50th anniversary?

If they're not going to tour anymore...what do you think they should do? Enjoy life? Make another album? Put together the Stones Anthology of unreleased material?

Mind you I don't want them to stop, but sometime they have to.

Re: Will this really be "the Last Time"
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 4, 2007 03:02

Make another album...And let us enjoy life...

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-04 03:32 by Rockman.

Date: July 4, 2007 03:11

Rockman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Make another album?....And let us enjoy life...

Yeah let's do that.
Seems like you havn't got an opinion on this subject.

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: July 4, 2007 03:28

svendborg Wrote:

do think that this is it

Don't go there man. Too hard to handle...

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Date: July 4, 2007 03:28

No that's what I meant

Make another album .... So we can enjoy life

ROCKMAN

Date: July 4, 2007 03:33

Mr Jimmy Wrote:
> svendborg Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> do think that this is it
>
>
> Don't go there man. Too hard to handle...

That's the feeling I have as well :-(
No and I won't go there...as you say too hard to handle...and too expensive with the travels and all that.

Date: July 4, 2007 03:33

Rockman Wrote:
> No that's what I meant
>
> Make another album .... So we can enjoy life

Ah..okay...

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 4, 2007 03:34

Likely the last time on this scale. Unless they already have plans, I can seee them going their separate ways for a few years but, if they are still playing, I think the urge to play together will always be there. Smaller venues, less of a production, less hassle, more roots. Or am I a romantic?

Date: July 4, 2007 03:37

SomeTorontoGirl Wrote:
> Likely the last time on this scale. Unless they
> already have plans, I can seee them going their
> separate ways for a few years but, if they are
> still playing, I think the urge to play together
> will always be there. Smaller venues, less of a
> production, less hassle, more roots. Or am I a
> romantic?

You might be a romantic :-)
But we would all like this to continue, I'm sure.

Date: July 4, 2007 03:40

STG...Or am I a romantic?

Heck no The Stones have been a such romantic gang since 1963...Why can't you?

ROCKMAN

Date: July 4, 2007 03:42

Rockman Wrote:
> STG...Or am I a romantic?
>
> Heck no The Stones have been a such romantic gang
> since 1963...Why can't you?

LOL:-)

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 4, 2007 03:46

I know... This concert is going to rip our hearts out and throw them up into the stars! Only thing for it tonight is a trip back to the womb ... time to cue up 12 X 5...

Posted by: czr ()
Date: July 4, 2007 03:48

Nope,
they'll go till they physically can't play or sing.
I really belive that they'll perform in wheel chairs when the time comes.
Of cours it'll be smaller shows, but a farwell tour Na I don't by it.
Even if they say so.....they'll get bored sitting around the house. smiling smiley

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: July 4, 2007 03:59

If it was a farewell, Cohl would have raped us even more. you know, last time you'll ever see them live tour only 5500 dollars! I think the stadium shows are probably done and the yearlong tours as well.

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: July 4, 2007 04:02

This is the last tour of this size. Charlie agreed to go on this tour on the condition that this would be the last globe hopping tour. I would not rule out another album and a smaller tour.

And with the way fans are getting sick of these high prices I would not be surprised if the ABB record stands for quite some time.

Date: July 4, 2007 07:30

FrankM Wrote:
> This is the last tour of this size. Charlie agreed
> to go on this tour on the condition that this
> would be the last globe hopping tour. I would not
> rule out another album and a smaller tour.

That's right Frank, thanks for recalling that as I had forgot about that condition.

Perhaps they might do some shows here and there, like 3 shows in Vegas one week, 3 in NYC another week and 3 in London? Not really a tour per se but a string of shows in major cities... one can only hope huh?

Date: July 4, 2007 07:52

I agree. I think smaller tours or mini tours are a definite possibilty in the future and also another album, but if they are going to do another album it will have to be soon imo. I don't think they will wait another eight years and release an album when they are in their seventees.

Date: July 4, 2007 07:56

What are their current (recording) contractual obligations? Any?

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: July 4, 2007 07:59

I am sure the Stones themselves have no Idea when it's going to end. It will probably be when Mick or Keith (maybe even Ronnie or Charlie) can't do it anymore.

Date: July 4, 2007 08:08

I think they already fulfilled their obligations for their last recording contract but I don't know much about how that stuff works. Not sure if they can release more stuff than the contract calls for or if they need a new contract with someone before they release anything.

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: July 4, 2007 08:38

I think Bluz Dude is right, minus maybe Ronnie.

That makes the last London show interesting.

John

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: July 4, 2007 08:54

svendborg Wrote:
> A few people in this forum including myself have
> indicated, that they think this will be the final
> Stones tour and that the concert in London 26th
> August will be their farewell.
> Off course it will have to stop soon considering
> they are in their sixties now. But what are your
> feelings out there...do think that this is it or
> do you think they'll do another tour in say 3 or 4
> years time ending in London in 2012 celebrating
> their 50th anniversary?
>
> If they're not going to tour anymore...what do you
> think they should do? Enjoy life? Make another
> album? Put together the Stones Anthology of
> unreleased material?
>
> Mind you I don't want them to stop, but sometime
> they have to.

I don't think there'll be a major tour on this scale again. There may be some big marquee shows in their major markets - the US and the UK - with the tickets costing ten times what they do now , for their 50th, but I actually think this is it.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: July 4, 2007 09:00

no it won't. they will continue.
if the mega event paradigm changes for whatever multiple reasons...GREAT...
trim some flash and some personnel and be a good rockin' tight bluesy band...
have imagination...they can perform small theatres, they can perform live on the net or cable or whatever without hauling all that truckloads of rigging and fireworks and alla that...i know that is what everybody's exposure is to them in the 'modern' era...but they existed before that...they can exist after that...they can do what they want, when they want...limited, focused in scope, or something more elaborate if they so choose...there are a zillion ways to go...
i don't believe this will be the last time...even if they say goodbye from the stage last night in uk i won't believe it...they are lifers...
dion just released one of the best albums of his, (or anybody elses) career in 2005, and he was born in '39...
if 'last time' means changing the mega eventorama aspects, good...
then all y'all young uns callin' oldtimers nostalic will have to look at your own addiction to their being a certain way they MUST present themselves for YOUR paradigm...set 'em free...they set you free...this is not the end...
they are more creative than that...they are more intrinsically connected to their musics than that...look at ol' bill still out there...taylor still out there...these four will not break up or quit, even if there are more solo albums or whatever...they are here amongst us...i've resisted this 'last time' hype for decades; and i resist it now...they stop they die. this is serious shit, aside from all the show biz and the clowns...but a rolling stone gathers no moss....maybe a little arthritis, a brain surgery, some internal damage, hip replacements comin', throat cancer, liver damage, whatever...they will never die...we all know that...and as for as their corporeal reality as a working unit...they will work together again and again...it's too late to stop...they will always be the rolling stones...i'd give 'em at least ten more years...and i think the playing will improve without the sturm and drang and splash...i know people close to the band have posted here that this is it...
i don't care if it comes right from an official press release...they will rock on.

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: July 4, 2007 09:37

Very few artists know when there is time to stop playing live, they just go on and on, year after year. For example, I saw Chuck Berry recently, a really dreadful experience. It sounded like he played the guitar with ice hockey gloves on.
I donĀ“t think the Stones is an exception to that rule. They will carry on until we laugh them off the stage.

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: July 4, 2007 09:54

BB King will be 82 in a couple of months and still plays around 150 shows per year. Tony Bennett is 81 next month and tours regularly. Chuck Berry is still doing shows on a fairly regular basis, the same with Jerry Lee Lewis and Little Richard. Willie Nelson is 73 or 74 I believe and constantly tours.

The difference is these are individuals and the Stones are a band with 4 guys in their 60s, but there are other bands from the 1960s touring on a regular basis. The Moody Blues are down to 3 regular band members, but those guys are now about 60 and up and they do about 3 1-1.5 month long tour legs every year, which is an example of how the Stones could tour in the future. Crosby, Stills and Nash are another band of 3 who tour every year and those guys are pretty much as old as the Stones.

The Stones could easily do 3 months of touring per year, enough to make it profitable, but not overly strenuous. Next year they could focus on North America and maybe hit South America for a few shows. The next year they could hit Europe and alternate back and forth to where they aren't over playing a teritory. They could continue this for the next 5-10 years, as long as their health holds up. The Stones knew back in the 60s that they could see themselves playing until a very old age, just as their blues heroes were doing and I personally think they will continue to play in some capacity after 2007.

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: July 4, 2007 11:20

Keith needs to get back on track meaning he has to be sharp every night or almost. But the last time? No way. I hope they make a new album and play smaller venues. Ronnie played great on YGTS (a song Keith sang like there was no tomorrow, great number, a gem) but Im tired of those same licks during JJF to name one. The double door gig is amazing. They can still pull it off. And make new music.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-04 11:23 by LA FORUM.

Posted by: OILY_DIPSTICK ()
Date: July 4, 2007 11:24

Don't worry!!! Enjoy the 26th.
They will be back......but get saving, we will need to.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: July 4, 2007 11:36

They'll have to play festivals. That's where it's at. The Isle Of Wight gig turned out very well!

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: July 4, 2007 11:46

They'll roll on just not on such a large scale.

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: July 4, 2007 12:23

I think that it is highly unlikely that they'll do another tour. However, we can never be sure. Even if they come out and say publicly that this is it, you can't garuntee that they wont re-group for one off shows or for small tours in the future.

Most likely, we'll see more Jagger solo stuff, get some back catalogue re-releases and some back catalogue new releases. Keith will probably do a solo album and hopefully Ron will hook up with Rod and the gang to do a Faces album / tour!

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2177
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home