Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 13
Re: Something is really wrong with Keith
Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: June 30, 2007 10:42

Strange phenomenon this Keith thing. The show threads seem to change on a dime. You will get a lot of people saying he is okay then a bunch of people saying something is wrong and someone will start a new thread after each show to tell us how bad Keith is. Not saying either side is right or wrong- just a little bizzare with the difference in opinion.

If you look at the first few posts one guy said he started a worry thread after the Nijmegen show and then another guy says Keith was great in that show so I don't know what to think

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-30 10:45 by FrankM.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 30, 2007 10:47

Yeah dig ya drift FrankM....

Strange thing is that most ear/eye clinics offer free check-ups now days..???

ROCKMAN

Re: Keith
Posted by: RiffKichards ()
Date: June 30, 2007 10:57

with sssoul Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> >> I prefer to see a smiling Keith on stage, with
> fire in his eyes <<
>
> i can dig that, RiffKichards!
> what i don't get is why anyone would think thread
> after thread like this is a way to contribute to
> that.
> you were at Paris? so you witnessed Keith Richards
> standing on that stage saying "i'm short on love
> these days"
>
> that's so wrong, it makes me feel ashamed to be on
> these boards.

Why ? I didn't say the concert was bad.. I didn't say I don't like the Stones anymore... I just compared this tour and the others I have been too. But I can speak about them for hours, and a little message in this forum can be misunderstood.

Keith last year looked very fresh (he looked younger an fresher than me, and I am 42), Keith on the BEGINNING of this tour looks much more older than I could expected.

>
> those are real live irreplaceable human beings on
> that stage night after night.
> all kinds of blessings & joy & well-being & love
> on Keith and all the Stones.

I agree with you on that point. Last year I was thinking they were from outter space since they were absolutely and purely brilliant (last year, a french journalist has wrote "The Rolling Stones are not old.. they are coming from outter space".. good sentence, I use it now).

They were so fantastic in Nice (France).. I was here and I can witness the Rolling Stones are number ones... and very far from the others.

They are just human beings after all.. and I like them so much.

But I think I will stop to write about Keith. I feel it is not very smart for him... If he read this messages (or if someone read this messages for him because fans' point of view may be interesting for the stones), I would say fans' point of view is clear now. It is not necessary to insist.

I will see the Rolling Stones until the end (mine or their). I hope keith will get better in the end of the tour.

Good luck for everyone.. have fun... life is short..

Re: Keith
Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: June 30, 2007 11:53

RiffKichards Wrote:
>>
> Good luck for everyone.. have fun... life is
> short..

Life is rich, but it's way too short
You make a lot of money, but you just want more
I don't need the pain right here in my heart
But I hate every minute when we're so far apart

I said don't tear me up...

...Gonna finish it quick, gonna finish it clean
Don't wanna be bitter. I don't wanna be mean
I feel like we're driving down a dead-end street
I've come so far I wanna crash the car
I wanna land right on my feet...

...Life is a bitch, it's way too short
Unlike a politician it just can't be bought
Think about the tenderness, and think about the craziness
And if you ever wanna hate me come and
Stick a knife right in my chest

I said don't tear me up
I said don't tear me up

(jagger)

Posted by: ISAKAPI ()
Date: June 30, 2007 12:02

To me, Keith troubles are not related to the sound or the way he is playing. If you close your eyes probably you will say 'who is telling Keith has problems?' But when you look at him from near it is clear sometimes he does not control his movements in a good way. In BCN and SS he started to run but he had to stop. But in Madrid he almost fell down! And this is a fact. If this is due to some medication effects or other things I don't know. After see that, I was really worried. Imagine what would happen if he fells on stage.

I saw them about 20 times in the last 4 years and never I remember Keith in such condition. I really appreciate him as the heart of the Stones and I hope he will be better in future shows lile today in El Ejido, but I'm trying to be objective and honestly speaking I'm still worried.

Come on Keith, why not a surprise like Little T&A tonight in El Ejido?

Posted by: heinz_str ()
Date: June 30, 2007 12:50

>>>>>>>>>>>>Gonna give this thread a rest, no worry (unless someone else
jumps my throat). <<<<<<<<<<<<

That`s the best, you can do "BABOON BRO"

>>>>>>>>>>>>Peace & Love to the US>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

and also a lot of Bullshit to your President.

IORR
Heinz

Posted by: bumbum ()
Date: June 30, 2007 13:34

Can't see Keith falling on this song YGTS - seems like he is doing more than fine:

Where is he falling?

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: June 30, 2007 13:38

Yeah, Heinz: and thank you for aaaaalll your witty contributions!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-30 13:44 by Baboon Bro.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 30, 2007 14:47

...er - those of us who are getting a bit older will know that it's easy enough to go down on your knees, but getting up again can be unexpectedly tricky! Also a knee can suddenly "seize" for a moment. Doesn't mean you are at death's door.

I am no expert, medical, musical or whatever, but the Keith I saw on stage recently looked happy to be where he was and to be doing what he was doing. I enjoyed the show, and he looked as if he did too. As I'm finding out for myself, getting older means that you probably can't rely on your body to do strenuous things without thinking about it, like you once did, and it takes longer to recover from serious effort. Doesn't mean you can't do anything at all, but there will be good times and bad times.

I'm happy to take the rough with the smooth for as long as Keith is happy to continue playing - and I hope it will be for a very long time to come!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 30, 2007 16:13

OILY_DIPSTICK Wrote:
> Thread put to bed by our correspondent Gazza.

Well, I thought he looked a bit more 'delicate' in Madrid than in Lisbon. I do get the impression he's not in good health and has days where he's more 'agile' than others and as a result is maybe more 'medicated' than on other days. Some people suggested last autumn that his movements suggested he was having problems with mobility in his lower back and I can believe that. On the two shows that I've seen this week, I thought that for the most part he played really well (with occasional cock-ups, although nothing I havent seen before) and he looked like he doesn't want to be anywhere but on a stage. People read stuff by others that hes in a bad way and then, with that in mind, notice a few mistakes and tend to magnify them. I certainly dont think there's any malice in these posts because we all care for the man. For every cock up anyone can highlight in Madrid, I can list several more instances where I thought he sounded REALLY good.

It didnt strike me that there's anything to be overly alarmed about.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: June 30, 2007 16:32

I was gonna say something, but, really, I'm sick of this whole conversation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-30 16:35 by tatters.

Posted by: Steen G ()
Date: June 30, 2007 17:04

I don't go to the live shows anymore but from listening to SFTD on You Tube it is obvious that most nights the solo just doesn't work. Paris is so far a nice exception. I think it is partly health issues and then maybe KR just doesn't play this type of music anymore when not on stange with the Stones. I feel I can hear a lot of jazz in his playing (some of the BS intros seem to be very jazzy) mixed with something XW stuff.

Questions is if this tour should have been something different from a stadium tour with traditonal Stones songs?

Posted by: pay pay ()
Date: June 30, 2007 17:08

Heres what they say about you on Rocksoff. They are refering to the opening night Happy vid on youtube:

maumau
Rocks Off Member
Posted 28th June 2007 05:55 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
that clip has been around for a long time now and has nourished dozens of threads about keith's "brain damage" at least on the IORR forum

i must say: ad nauseam

glad to see someone feel that there's more of it that we need

also, how does it match with the expression: "Rough Justice" from Japan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 420 | Registered: Mar 2005 | Profile | PM | IP Logged

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: June 30, 2007 18:00

ISAKAPI Wrote:
..... But in Madrid he almost
> fell down! And this is a fact. If this is due to
> some medication effects or other things I don't
> know. After see that, I was really worried.
> Imagine what would happen if he fells on stage.

I saw Keith fall down and struggleing for nearly a whole song to get back on his feet.
That was way back in '73 and I remember being shocked and worried then...

today I'd say - have more faith

Date: June 30, 2007 18:07

ISAKAPI Wrote:
> But in Madrid he almost
> fell down! And this is a fact. If this is due to
> some medication effects or other things I don't
> know. After see that, I was really worried.
> Imagine what would happen if he fells on stage.

>

"Almost fell down" actually means that he didnt fall down. Its meaningless. Any idiot can slip or lose their footing temporarily. Chuck actually DID lose his when stepping off the back of the stage at the end of HTW in Madrid. no one's suggesting HE's seriously ill.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: June 30, 2007 18:16

I keep promising that I'll leave these threads alone
...But I've never had any will power ;^)

1, It's hardly news that Keith Richards can be erratic. It always and still is primarily because his nature is to wing everything... and he sometimes get himself lost in that world of his own that he wanders off into

2, If Keith Richards started to LOOK healthy, there would be someting wrong with him.

3, I haven't seen a whole show yet this year..but go and watch the IOW footage from Channel 4...and then tell me theres something wrong with him.

Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: June 30, 2007 18:17

But talking of HTW in Madrid...check the video on youtube.com. Keith's solo and the very ending of the song...makes a grown man cry.

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: June 30, 2007 18:25

HTW from Madrid. This is not one of his finest moments. And this is worse than I thought. It really sounds like he tries to play and can't. Is it a monitor problem? Maybe he's lost some hearing - it has to do with the accident or the fact Ronnie is sober and Keith has some crisis. Keith didnt play like this last year. I dont care what anybody says, it's a fact.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-30 18:29 by LA FORUM.

Posted by: RiffKichards ()
Date: June 30, 2007 18:29

rrronnie Wrote:
> But talking of HTW in Madrid...check the video on
> youtube.com. Keith's solo and the very ending of
> the song...makes a grown man cry.

I have checked.. It sounds OK for me.. a little bit unusual but OK.. I have heard worse from him..

You think it is bad played ?

Date: June 30, 2007 18:37

It's horrible and before I get slapped: I'm embarrassed about clips like this one because I want to take my girlfriend to at least one show and I dont want her to see my idol like this. He is so much better. He was great when he sang YGTS, 100% pure Keith even if he didnt play on that one.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: June 30, 2007 18:41

I really have to get used seeing him without guitar...why not he just hold it...but is there sometning wrong.....every thing is wrong since me and y baby parted Come on!!Power to Keith! This is so serious R&R is not suposed to be serious....it even kills it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-30 18:47 by rooster.

Date: June 30, 2007 18:42

well, yeah - uhm, it does sound cringe-worthy...

he's half tone off - could be bad monitors, he's not hearing what he's doing.
or maybe he's way to loud...
... and the sound is also changeing on the moving b-stage between monitors and PA.

not nice, but shit happens

Date: June 30, 2007 18:42

Then again: Brown Sugar, Madrid, some mistakes but good

Date: June 30, 2007 18:44

SFTD Madrid, does he play the solo or is it just a bad video?

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: June 30, 2007 18:49

he's half tone off -

Happens to the best of us to be one fret off - especially after indulging in party favors.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Date: June 30, 2007 19:21

rrronnie Wrote:
> But talking of HTW in Madrid...check the video on youtube.com. Keith's solo and the very ending of the song...makes a grown man cry.

The solo on HTW was pretty horridly off-key. From where I was (near the rail at the main stage) I couldnt see who was playing it, but they both sounded off. IORR and Satisfaction, however, which preceded it, were both absolutely marvellous. Hardly worth getting worked up about because of a bum solo.

Posted by: klypp ()
Date: June 30, 2007 19:24

Keith's problem these days is that whenever he thinks of this thread he has a really hard time avoiding ROTFL!!!

Date: June 30, 2007 19:28

There seems to be alot of anger about this thread, and other similar posts. For 99.9% of us, this is the only way to get current news about our favorite band. For those of you that feel only 'good' threads should be posted, start your own website. Maybe call it 'Only The Good News Stones Website'. This site allows us to discuss EVERYTHING about the band, good and bad. Check out the Freejack thread. Some not so nice comments about Micks acting ability on that one. I hope the observations about Keith are wrong. But if they are correct, it makes me very sad. I'd really like to see one more solo tour from him. Maybe the years of physical abuse on his body are finally catching up, like it will for most of us. As Pete Townshend said, 'Hope I die before I get old'.

Scotty

Posted by: monkeyman07 ()
Date: June 30, 2007 19:44

Hes really ok to be a rocknroll grandpa!!!
[youtube.com]

SFTD Madrid, does he play the solo or is it just a bad video?

He plays well , and the video is bad , its recorded with a cellphone , see the video from newport , hes great!

wipeacdc@hotmail.com
never too old or young to rocknroll!!!!!!

Date: June 30, 2007 20:04

Elmo Lewis Wrote:
> he's half tone off -
>
> Happens to the best of us to be one fret off -
> especially after indulging in party favors.

Agree - it has happend to me, you get a fiercy look of your band colleagues - then it's over. next song.
now if there's a bummed solo of Keith on YouTube it gets watched and discussed over and over.
it didn't spoil the whole show for those who were there - maybe some cringed for a moment, but I bet most folks didn't even notice.

just like RiffKichards above, innocently stated:

>>I have checked.. It sounds OK for me.. a little bit unusual but OK.. I have heard worse from him..

You think it is bad played ?<<

and thats OK. Keith has proved many times that he's the Riffmaster - don't worry about one off.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2136
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home