Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...197198199200201202203204205206207...LastNext
Current Page: 202 of 210
Re: What is the next concert you have tickets for?
Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: August 29, 2023 23:09

VoodooLounge13
She did do her crowd walking!!! First floor only - I was front row in the mezzanine. And she did do I Put A Spell On You! It brought down the house!!

I'm trying to remember the encore now. I believe it was Right To Be Wrong, Piece of My Heart, and IPASOY. There might have been another snippet in there before POMH.

Recently Joss has been doing Piece of My Heart (in honor of which I chose a Janis teeshirt for Friday's show) as the culminating song in a medley of three, the first two being her song Put Your Hands on Me, and Son of a Preacher Man. She closed the main set in DC with that medley.

VoodooLounge13
She came on just before 9 and was all done at 10:30.

I'd not have had to miss the encore Friday had that been her start time then. It's all good, tho. We got a great show; and she didn't sing I Put A Spell On You at all in DC, it appears, meaning at least I didn't miss it over a stupid parking garage's closing time.

I'm down in Virginia
with your Cousin Lou

Posted by: HonkyTonkJan ()
Date: August 30, 2023 00:25

The Waterboys, Edinburgh.
After The Stones, the band I've seen the most live.
Always fantastic...

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 31, 2023 19:10

Charley Crockett at SPOT/De Oosterpoort, Groningen, Saturday September 16th.

Unzipped exhibit that same day, and some live music in the evening.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: August 31, 2023 19:29

Doobie Brothers tonight at mini-Red Rocks (First Bank Amphitheater, Franklin, TN). First time seeing them.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: August 31, 2023 19:37

I saw Dolly Parton twice this past Saturday in Philadelphia Mississippi.
Once inside the gorgeous Ellis Theater for the 3:00pm show from the fourth row and again outside on the "Dollytron" as part of a huge block party for the 7:00pm show.

Absolutely fabulous.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: September 1, 2023 04:19

I just noticed that Dylan is playing a small theatre outside of Albany, NY in October!! Wow! I've seen him already, but man, I'd almost be tempted. Almost. I was not a fan the first time around......

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 1, 2023 22:35

NashvilleBlues
Doobie Brothers tonight at mini-Red Rocks (First Bank Amphitheater, Franklin, TN). First time seeing them.

Hey Nashville, how was the concert? Will be seeing them again in a couple months near Vancouver.

Posted by: birdie ()
Date: September 1, 2023 22:36

Springsteen…Met Life…9/3

Date: September 1, 2023 23:02

DGA35
NashvilleBlues

Hey Nashville, how was the concert? Will be seeing them again in a couple months near Vancouver.

The sound started off thin, trebly and boomy. A few songs in, they sounded pretty solid. I don't know if my ears needed to be popped, or if the sound guys were really that bad for the first few songs, but it was like a bad trip for a few minutes.

Other than that, it was fun. Like many bands today, they could've played for 90 minutes instead of 2 1/4 hours and it'd have been more enjoyable to me. Well-worth the $25 all-in tickets I got, though. As far as all the shows I've ever seen (by any band; first time seeing Doobie Bros.), it was in the middle of the pack. Enjoyable but not unforgettable. And Tom Johnston is still out due to back surgery.

Let me know what you think after you see them!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-02 00:02 by NashvilleBlues.

Date: September 1, 2023 23:53

NashvilleBlues
DGA35
NashvilleBlues

The sound started off thin, trebly and boomy. A few songs in, they sounded pretty solid. I don't know if my ears needed to be popped, or if the sound guys were really that bad for the first few songs, but it was like a bad trip for a few minutes.

Other than that, it was fun. Like many bands today, they could've played for 90 minutes instead of 2 1/4 hours and it'd have been more enjoyable to me. Well-worth the $25 all-in tickets I got, though. As far as all the shows I've ever seen (by any band; first time seeing Doobie Bros.), it was in the middle of the pack. Enjoyable but not unforgettable. And Tom Johnston is still out due to back surgery.

Let me know what you think afer you see them!

Damn, I didn't know Tom was out, hopefully he's better by the time I see them! I was mad that I bought tickets when they first came out, not too expensive, but then to see them as part of the $25 promo was frustrating! Got Black Crowe tickets in the same venue last year for the $25 promo. Any opening band or just them?

Date: September 2, 2023 05:31

DGA35
NashvilleBlues
DGA35
NashvilleBlues

Let me know what you think afer you see them!

Damn, I didn't know Tom was out, hopefully he's better by the time I see them! I was mad that I bought tickets when they first came out, not too expensive, but then to see them as part of the $25 promo was frustrating! Got Black Crowe tickets in the same venue last year for the $25 promo. Any opening band or just them?

I could’ve sworn I responded to this earlier. Weird. Guess I didn’t send it. Anyway, Dylan McDonald opened. I just missed his last song, so I can’t comment on him.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: September 2, 2023 23:31

Just noticed a listing for a free Mika Miko show at Zebulon Sep 9 and snagged a ticket. First time in months I have had a ticket more than a few hours in advance but their Teragram Ballroom show was one of my top 3 of the year and it was sold out.

[youtu.be]

Posted by: slew ()
Date: September 3, 2023 02:58

George Thorogood and the Destroyers and John Fogerty

Date: September 3, 2023 22:37

Ed Sheeren just played Vancouver last night and drew a record crowd for the venue, 65000, beating U2 by 1000. Both stages were "in the round". Ed also played in Vancouver Friday at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre. Seems like a smart thing to do to design a stage in the round so you utilize every seat as well as all the floor. I remember the U2 documentary about their tour and a possible problem is if you don't sell as many tickets as you thought you would, and have thousands of empty seats. Imagine how many more tickets Taylor Swift would have sold if she did this!

Posted by: Mr. Jimi ()
Date: September 5, 2023 00:23

Across to Dallas, Texas with the Butter Queen

Just got a ticket for Pearl Jam next week in Dallas Ft worth. Will be first time in Texas!!

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: September 5, 2023 02:34

Black Uhuru at Sweetwater in Mill Valley, Ca.then off to Houston and Austin for 2 more First Aid Kit shows.

Date: September 5, 2023 11:33

A Jerry Lee Lewis-tribute show in Norway. Will be fun!

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: September 8, 2023 01:58

Buddy Guy tonight at the Shell in San Diego!

Date: September 8, 2023 08:13

Was supposed to have been Bruce in Syracuse but now will be ZZ Top/Skynyrd tonight in Saratoga NY!!!! I’m wearing my Neil Young shirt!!! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: lelandsundries ()
Date: September 8, 2023 09:42

Meadowlark fest this weekend in the Hudson Valley, ny state, w/ the Detroit cobras! Gonna be bittersweet. Their singer Rachel Nagy died last year and this is a tour w a new singer to celebrate Rachel's life and music. Chris smither is also playing. I hope itndoesnt rain...

Date: September 8, 2023 13:25

lelandsundries
Meadowlark fest this weekend in the Hudson Valley, ny state, w/ the Detroit cobras! Gonna be bittersweet. Their singer Rachel Nagy died last year and this is a tour w a new singer to celebrate Rachel's life and music. Chris smither is also playing. I hope it doesnt rain...

I only discovered their music a few years ago and have never seen them live but wanted to. I have a hard time imagining their music without Rachel as frontwoman and just assumed they were done. Let us know how this goes.

Next concert is the Black Crowes tonight.

Next up after that was to have been Springsteen in DC Sep. 29. With that date now open, considering seeing Grace Potter here in Richmond. Her new album Mother Road is about as old-school thematically unified an album that tells a story from a distinctive point of view as you could ask for. There are some strong songs on it, and I appreciate what I regard the cover art to be, that being a Sticky Fingers homage, female version.

I'm down in Virginia
with your Cousin Lou

Date: September 8, 2023 15:37

Smashing Pumpkins tonight. Pearl Jam Sunday. Yep. I’m Gen X.

Date: September 8, 2023 16:07

TheBluesHadaBaby
lelandsundries
Meadowlark fest this weekend in the Hudson Valley, ny state, w/ the Detroit cobras! Gonna be bittersweet. Their singer Rachel Nagy died last year and this is a tour w a new singer to celebrate Rachel's life and music. Chris smither is also playing. I hope it doesnt rain...

I only discovered their music a few years ago and have never seen them live but wanted to. I have a hard time imagining their music without Rachel as frontwoman and just assumed they were done. Let us know how this goes.

Next concert is the Black Crowes tonight.

Next up after that was to have been Springsteen in DC Sep. 29. With that date now open, considering seeing Grace Potter here in Richmond. Her new album Mother Road is about as old-school thematically unified an album that tells a story from a distinctive point of view as you could ask for. There are some strong songs on it, and I appreciate what I regard the cover art to be, that being a Sticky Fingers homage, female version.

Thought about getting a ticket to see Grace. I loved her early stuff, and then she kinda missed for after the Lion album, though I did enjoy her pop-ish one immensely. The lead single off Mother Road didn't grab me, and I forgot to check out the whole thing! I'm gonna give that a listen now! Thanks for the reminder!!!

Date: September 14, 2023 08:54

About another "last" rather than "next":

Five nights ago at Meadow Event Park in Virginia I saw for the first time the Black Crowes live. Wish I'd known for decades what a number of you have believed since the 1990s: they're IMO a great rock band live. And while I've seen criticism of him on IORR, as overdoing it, I appreciate Chris Robinson's "all in" approach to being frontman. Something that all of the best in the business know about performing rock n roll live is that while having the goods musically is essential, it's all not just about the music. A lot of it is in the performance. Like another frontman we know, the guy throws himself fully into the job.

No complaints from me, either, about his taste in rock n roll. After the main set and the requisite moments offstage, coming back out for the encore, after thanking us, he asked,

"Do you like...the Beatles?"

WTF?

Where'd that come from? We'd come there for gritty, raw, rude, borderline unintelligible feral-sounding rock n roll! Hits to the gut and the groin. The Beatles? Really?

Some scattered "yays" of approval were voiced amid light (/confused) applause.

Chris Robinson grinned. He was just yanking our chains.

"Here's some Rolling Stones"

Real applause, hoots, and whoops burst out as the Crowes launched into Rocks Off.

That was a good one, he'd thrown us for a second there.

[Looked for an OT: Black Crowes thread to post this, but if there is one my search skills didn't turn it up.]

Posted by: perkmo ()
Date: September 19, 2023 03:06

Ringo on Saturday, First time seeing him, very excited.

Posted by: adamw3405 ()
Date: September 19, 2023 12:31

Went to see Echo and the Bunnymen last night at the Royal Albert Hall with an orchestra for Ocean Rain - absolutely superb! Wednesday its Dexys Midnight Runners at the Palladium....busy week!

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: September 19, 2023 22:24

Crossroads. Not really looking for to Clapton as much as the other artists performing.I have seen Samantha Fish and Sonny Landreth the past 2 weeks and more excited for them.

Posted by: bakersfield ()
Date: September 19, 2023 22:31

'The Sheffield Beatles Project' playing Sgt Pepper and Pet Sounds in full in December. Last year they played Revolver in full plus much of Rubber Soul and a few other beats cuts. the band consists of university music lecturers and students. The quality last year was fabulous. Strings, horns, you name it. About 20 bodies on stage.

Also going to see Darkside - a Floyd tribute at Geleri in Caernarvon.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 19, 2023 22:31

coming off an 'oldies tour' so to speak with Rod Stewart/Cheap Trick, Lionel Richie/Earth Wind & Fire, next month it will be Doobie Bros...who knew I'd be so into septugenarian rock?

Posted by: angee ()
Date: September 20, 2023 01:14

Clapton's Crossroads Guitarfest, Sunday only.

~"Love is Strong"~

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...197198199200201202203204205206207...LastNext
Current Page: 202 of 210

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2105
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home