Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...195196197198199200201202203204205...LastNext
Current Page: 200 of 210
Re: What is the next concert you have tickets for?
Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: August 5, 2023 19:10

The very last show in carreer (if they don't add dates) of Aerosmith at Bell Center, Montreal next January.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 5, 2023 19:49

Rod/Cheap Trick

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: August 10, 2023 04:36

Didn’t have a ticket but made a last minute decision to go see Elkie Brooks on show day, the “British Queen of Blues”. Amazing. To say I was impressed would be an understatement. She is a true legend no doubt.
Told the sound man who gave me the setlist, “I can’t believe she is seventy-eight.”
He replied, grinning, “Age is just a number.”
Indeed. So true.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: August 11, 2023 02:32

Buddy Guy tonight. Waiting for my friend with the tickets to call.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 11, 2023 09:44

Nobody. Can't afford them any longer. Or at least there's no one to see with Jeff Beck gone. I wanted to see Lucinda Williams at the Ford in L.A., but even that small venue is a couple hundred bucks. I think the highest I ever paid was $225 in '99 for the Stones. That was worth it to see them close up at least once.

Posted by: Woody24 ()
Date: August 11, 2023 18:48

Beach Boys tonite! Outdoor venue in Cincinnati on a hot Summer night!

"Take all the pain...It's yours anyway"

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 11, 2023 20:43

Patti Smith in Frankfurt in October

Posted by: chris girard ()
Date: August 11, 2023 22:35

Joss Stone in DC end of August

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: August 11, 2023 22:53

treaclefingers
ROD & Cheap Trick, Aug 16

Date for Rod is tomorrow August 12 not 16

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 12, 2023 21:00

babyblue
treaclefingers

I hope treacle just made a keyboard mistake! Driving down tonight, have to time my driving because the Abbotsford Airshow is on so I want to get past Abbotsford before that gets out. Also, BC Lions are playing at BC Place across from Rogers Arena so I want to get downtown before that is over!
Looking on setlist fm, looks like a good set list, he played Broken Arrow in Seattle and dedicated it to Robbie Robertson so I'm sure he'll do the same tonight.

Posted by: HouseBoyKnows ()
Date: August 13, 2023 00:04

Springsteen Aug 18 Philadelphia

Posted by: esqcjh ()
Date: August 13, 2023 01:51

Tomorrow, Joe Bonamassa, Styx & Don Felder at Bethel NY, the actual site of Woodstock in 1969. Very cool museum.

Date: August 13, 2023 01:59

The Flaming Lips on August 23

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: August 13, 2023 03:43

John Oates, of Hall and Oates fame, with his band, at the Musical Instrument Museum (MIM) in Phoenix, this November. The MIM is a 300 seat venue with excellent acoustics. My kind of concert hall these days. Imagine the Stones there. Check out the website - MIM.org

Y'all might wanna visit.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: August 13, 2023 04:52

The Corrs
Matchbox 20
Simple Minds
Texas
Collective Soul
Pseudo Echo
The Feelers
Jordan Luck
Don McGlashan

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: August 13, 2023 16:05

crholmstrom
The Flaming Lips on August 23

Saw them at The Ryman (front row) earlier this year. Elite show! So fun and engaging!

Date: August 13, 2023 17:27

DGA35
babyblue
treaclefingers

I hope treacle just made a keyboard mistake! Driving down tonight, have to time my driving because the Abbotsford Airshow is on so I want to get past Abbotsford before that gets out. Also, BC Lions are playing at BC Place across from Rogers Arena so I want to get downtown before that is over!
Looking on setlist fm, looks like a good set list, he played Broken Arrow in Seattle and dedicated it to Robbie Robertson so I'm sure he'll do the same tonight.

No Broken Arrow!

Great show though vocally some songs we're really stretching it. What did you think of Cheap Trick?

I thought Ain't That A Shame, Dream Police and Surrender were excellent and the band was hot overall.

Yeah, got the keyboard stroke wrong! Also hit that Airshow traffic and I didn't know what the hell was going on until I saw jets streaking across the sky.

NEXT UP...Lionel in September, then Doobies in October in Abbotsford.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: August 13, 2023 18:15

The National (5th time for me) at Leeds First Direct Arena

Date: August 13, 2023 20:32

treaclefingers
DGA35
babyblue
treaclefingers

No Broken Arrow!

Great show though vocally some songs we're really stretching it. What did you think of Cheap Trick?

I thought Ain't That A Shame, Dream Police and Surrender were excellent and the band was hot overall.

Yeah, got the keyboard stroke wrong! Also hit that Airshow traffic and I didn't know what the hell was going on until I saw jets streaking across the sky.

Date: August 13, 2023 20:45

treaclefingers
DGA35
babyblue
treaclefingers

No Broken Arrow!

Oops, clicked post message accidentally the first time. Thought it was a really good concert, took 2 hours to get from Chilliwack to downtown, longest drive ever! Cheap Trick was decent, Robin Zander's vocals are still good. The nepotism of having Rick Neilsen's son as the drummer and Robin's son as the rhythm guitarist! Miss Bun E Carlos. Didn't really need a 5 minute Tom Peterson bass solo. The finale of The Flame, I Want You, Dream Police and Surrender was excellent!
Rod did change up his setlist from his Seattle show. Great video screen, a very Vegas style show, 3 beautiful blonde backup singers and longtime violinist/mandolin Anna Jacoby. Nice to see him dedicate songs to Christine McVie/Mick Fleetwood and Tina Turner. Ooh La La is now one of his concert staples which is ironic since he didn't like it when it came out which is why Ronnie sang it. Good to see the images of the Faces during the song.
I was very surprised he didn't play Broken Arrow especially since Robbie's Canadian! I recall reading before that Rod has played Rogers Arena more than any other artist! I think he came here regularly in the late 90s and early 2000's. Traffic was a lot better driving home, was 40 minutes quicker.

Date: August 13, 2023 22:24

DGA35
treaclefingers
DGA35
babyblue
treaclefingers

No Broken Arrow!

Oops, clicked post message accidentally the first time. Thought it was a really good concert, took 2 hours to get from Chilliwack to downtown, longest drive ever! Cheap Trick was decent, Robin Zander's vocals are still good. The nepotism of having Rick Neilsen's son as the drummer and Robin's son as the rhythm guitarist! Miss Bun E Carlos. Didn't really need a 5 minute Tom Peterson bass solo. The finale of The Flame, I Want You, Dream Police and Surrender was excellent!
Rod did change up his setlist from his Seattle show. Great video screen, a very Vegas style show, 3 beautiful blonde backup singers and longtime violinist/mandolin Anna Jacoby. Nice to see him dedicate songs to Christine McVie/Mick Fleetwood and Tina Turner. Ooh La La is now one of his concert staples which is ironic since he didn't like it when it came out which is why Ronnie sang it. Good to see the images of the Faces during the song.
I was very surprised he didn't play Broken Arrow especially since Robbie's Canadian! I recall reading before that Rod has played Rogers Arena more than any other artist! I think he came here regularly in the late 90s and early 2000's. Traffic was a lot better driving home, was 40 minutes quicker.

I think we had the same drive from Chilliwack last night, though the drive home was really fast. I really enjoyed everything about both acts last night.

They weren't the best shows I've ever seen by a long stretch, but lots of energy, excellent playing, loved all the 14 piece band (including Rod), especially the ladies who were such great performers. Just thoroughly enjoyable and ending with Stay With Me was a highlight.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: August 14, 2023 04:57

slewan

Just saw Patti Smith in SF. She was good!

Next up The Flaming Lips

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: August 14, 2023 05:09

daspyknows
slewan

Next up The Flaming Lips

I have some pink robot confetti from their Ryman show. Oklahoma City’s finest psychedelic band!

The test begins… NOW!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-14 05:10 by NashvilleBlues.

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: August 14, 2023 07:23

daspyknows

Next up The Flaming Lips

I was there too! Fun show. Took awhile for her to play a song from the '70s, but I appreciated that. Her '90s work is great.

I'll be at a different free show next weekend: John Cale in Brooklyn.

Date: August 14, 2023 18:43

daspyknows
slewan

Next up The Flaming Lips

Glad you are seeing the Lips. I think you will enjoy them. Pay attention to the keyboard/guitar/vocals on the left side of the stage. Steven Drodz is an amazing musician & the musical guts of the band. I can't wait for the show here!

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: August 15, 2023 14:52

Saw a phenomenal Samantha Fish show a couple nights ago.

Next up:

Danielle Nicole (Aug 23)
Shakti 50th anniversary tour, featuring John McLaughlin & Zakir Hussain (Sept 14)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-15 14:54 by tatters.

Posted by: roryg ()
Date: August 16, 2023 14:12

Lemme see:
The Menzingers with Prince Daddy and the Hyenas, and Mercy Union
then: Old 97s
and: Father John Misty with The Head and the Heart

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: August 16, 2023 16:38

24FPS
Nobody. Can't afford them any longer. Or at least there's no one to see with Jeff Beck gone. I wanted to see Lucinda Williams at the Ford in L.A., but even that small venue is a couple hundred bucks. I think the highest I ever paid was $225 in '99 for the Stones. That was worth it to see them close up at least once.
I don't go to big venue's these days and prefer fairly local music pubs.
I'm a bit lazy and usually just stay in my local area for live music.
Got plenty of local gigs in my area of SW London for free, or The Jug goes round towards end of gig and I usually put a fiver in.
This coming Sunday afternoon at The Cavern Pub, Raynes Park, we got Robbie Macintosh and his current bandmates.
He was previously lead guitarist with The Pretenders and Paul Mccartney some years ago.
Another guy is James Walbourne who plays at same venue with friends at times when he's not playing with his own band His Lordship, or else The Pretenders.
Always love the gigs locally on a Sunday afternoon. smileys with beer

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: August 16, 2023 16:40

boygenius, Halifax Piece Hall, 22 august (just got these today, last minute TM drop)

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: August 16, 2023 17:44

Amyl and the Sniffers and The Interrupters--separately

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...195196197198199200201202203204205...LastNext
Current Page: 200 of 210

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2800
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home