Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...196197198199200201202203204205206...LastNext
Current Page: 201 of 210
Re: What is the next concert you have tickets for?
Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: August 16, 2023 17:51

Queens of the Stone Age. Saturday, August 19. Ascend Amphitheater, Nashville.
Grass tickets available for $18 right now.

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: August 23, 2023 20:57

Unexpected opportunity that popped up:

Tonight, Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Evening. Aka JBLZE

I've long regretted that as a young man I never made it a point to see Led Zep.

Earlier this year I considered seeing a Robert Plant & Alison Krause concert. But watched one of their full shows online, and, at over $100 for a good seat, naw.

I've made do with a few tribute bands the past few years, for other now-gone bands that I missed when they were active. Most have been not bad. I did hear one young lady singing the hell out of Linda Ronstadt classics. There certainly are Zep tribute acts aplenty to pick from. But I always have been skeptical. How well can anybody recreate Jimmy Page guitar or Robert Plant vocals (unless you're that Greta Van Fleet kid), really?

Yesterday I checked out a few youtube Led Zep covers by Bonzo's son's band. Jason Bonham at least has good reason to try to do his father's music justice. So, okay. Gonna give JBLZE a try.

From setlist.fm I see recently they've been opening for Government Mule, playing 11 song support act sets, but tonight it's gonna be all JBLZE. Their most recent full show setlist I see is:

May 17, 2023, Lexington Opera House,
Lexington, Kentucky
1. Immigrant Song
2. Good Times Bad Times
3. Over the Hills and Far Away
4. The Wanton Song
5. Ramble On
6. What Is and What Should Never Be
7. When the Levee Breaks (Memphis Minnie & Kansas Joe McCoy cover)
8. Thank You
9. Going to California
10. Since I've Been Loving You
11. The Ocean
12. Fool in the Rain
13. Misty Mountain Hop
14. Kashmir
15. Stairway to Heaven
16. Whole Lotta Love
17. Rock and Roll

No complaints with their song selection.

So, here's hoping for the best. But I'm not going in expecting it... and not gambling a lot of $.

Edit to report back on this band post-show:

That was fugging awesome. Highly recommended.

I'm down in Virginia
with your Cousin Lou

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-24 06:00 by TheBluesHadaBaby.

Date: August 23, 2023 21:47

GNR- Saturday, Nashville in the PIT. High temperature forecasted to be 97. eye popping smiley

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: August 23, 2023 21:51

An Evening with the Flaming Lips at the zoo tonight. Going with new friend girl & she's excited. We're working on getting that changed to girlfriend & it seems to be going well. The Lips are a great date concert.

Date: August 23, 2023 22:00

crholmstrom
An Evening with the Flaming Lips at the zoo tonight. Going with new friend girl & she's excited. We're working on getting that changed to girlfriend & it seems to be going well. The Lips are a great date concert.

Have fun and good luck!

Date: August 24, 2023 00:20

NashvilleBlues
crholmstrom

Have fun and good luck!

Thanks, NashvilleBlues. I've seen the Lips a lot & they're one of my faves. A friend taped the SF show & it's great. It was a free show & somewhat shorter though. There was no opener in Portland last night & none here. Portland got a 2 hour 45 minute show including a break between the Yoshimi set & the other stuff. I'm down with that!

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: August 24, 2023 03:11

Buddy Guy, September 7, at the Rady Shell in San Diego.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 25, 2023 22:39

Joss Stone Monday, 8/28 Ridgefield, CT!!!!

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: August 25, 2023 22:52

Sonny Landreth at Yoshi's in Oakland.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-25 22:53 by daspyknows.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: August 25, 2023 22:52

Connect Festival Saturday and Sunday

[connectmusicfestival.com]

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: August 25, 2023 22:56

RisingStone

Check out the boygenius set. They are a lot of fun.

Date: August 25, 2023 23:06

daspyknows
RisingStone

Definitely. Unmissable.
Sort of a three-female singer/songwriter supergroup (i.e. Julien Baker, Phoebe Bridgers and Lucy Dacus).

Looking forward to their Sunday headlining act!

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: August 25, 2023 23:09

Springsteen. Next week.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: August 26, 2023 00:52

My daughter wants to see Aerosmith so that's next month. Just saw Steve Miller a few weeks ago. that was an excellent show.

Date: August 26, 2023 19:24

VoodooLounge13

Be aware, even if the show is billed as Joss and no supporting act, there probably WILL be one, this unknown Nashville guy in a ballcap, Stephen Wilson Jr. Last night in downtown DC I couldn't find a midnight-closing parking garage and so made a painfully bad gamble the 8 PM show would be over in time to park in an 11 PM closing garage. When Wilson (a weirdly incongruous choice for a Joss show) walked out at 8 instead of Joss I realized, oh damn, BIG mistake. And it was. Joss didn't hit the stage til 9:22. I knew then I was going to miss, minumum, the encore -- which, I did. And it probably included I Put A Spell On You and Some Kind of Wonderful, both of which I'd really wanted to hear.

Ah well. Shit happens.

Joss herself was sublime. Fancy word, but that's my best one word description for her. What a singer, what a performer, what show she puts on -- you're in for a treat!

Edit:
[www.setlist.fm]

Edit:
Most of the 2023.08.25 DC concert is viewable in Gary Polinsky's youtube videos [youtube.com]

I'm down in Virginia
with your Cousin Lou

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-28 05:29 by TheBluesHadaBaby.

Date: August 26, 2023 19:34

chris girard
Joss Stone in DC end of August

Chris, what was her encore last night? (See above.)

I'm down in Virginia
with your Cousin Lou

Date: August 27, 2023 07:55

TheBluesHadaBaby
VoodooLounge13

Be aware, even if the show is billed as Joss and no supporting act, there probably WILL be one, this unknown Nashville guy in a ballcap, Stephen Wilson Jr. Last night in downtown DC I couldn't find a midnight-closing parking garage and so made a painfully bad gamble the 8 PM show would be over in time to park in an 11 PM closing garage. When Wilson (a weirdly incongruous choice for a Joss show) walked out at 8 instead of Joss I realized, oh damn, BIG mistake. And it was. Joss didn't hit the stage til 9:22. I knew then I was going to miss, minumum, the encore -- which, I did. And it probably included I Put A Spell On You and Some Kind of Wonderful, both of which I'd really wanted to hear.

Ah well. Shit happens.

Joss herself was sublime. Fancy word, but that's my best one word description for her. What a singer, what a performer, what show she puts on -- spinning smiley sticking its tongue outyou're in for a treat!

Edit:
[www.setlist.fm]

Ridge field is a small town in the woods. I’ve never been assuming it’s open air parking. It’s a small theater she’s playing - The Ridgefield Playhouse. Thanks for the tip though. This concert has been postponed a couple times from 2019. Once for COVID and once for her 2nd baby, so I’m pretty psyched it’s actually happening. She’s one I’ve always wanted to see live, and she as a person personifies everything that I think makes the perfect woman - beautiful, carefree, hippy spirit, sensual, artistic, creative, intelligent, fun, a genuine soul. She would have been my dream woman. And that British accent to boot! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: August 28, 2023 19:34

GNR Saturday was excellent. Band sounded great and Axl was strong throughout the first half of the show. He was pretty decent the second half but benefitted from some help from Carrie Underwood on a few numbers. Loved to see Axl happy and connecting with fans. Slash put on a clinic, as expected.

Ghost Sunday was solid, but I was way more satisfied seeing GNR.

Doobie Brothers this Thursday (first time).

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 28, 2023 20:16

Diana Ross at the RAH Saturday 14 October ....

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: August 28, 2023 21:39

RisingStone
daspyknows
RisingStone

Definitely. Unmissable.
Sort of a three-female singer/songwriter supergroup (i.e. Julien Baker, Phoebe Bridgers and Lucy Dacus).

Looking forward to their Sunday headlining act!

It was fun indeed. So euphoric, so infectious.
These girls rock!

Date: August 29, 2023 02:18

NashvilleBlues
GNR Saturday was excellent. Band sounded great and Axl was strong throughout the first half of the show. He was pretty decent the second half but benefitted from some help from Carrie Underwood on a few numbers. Loved to see Axl happy and connecting with fans. Slash put on a clinic, as expected.

Glad it was a good show, NashvilleBlues!!!

Date: August 29, 2023 02:20

TheBluesHadaBaby
VoodooLounge13

Ah well. Shit happens.

Joss herself was sublime. Fancy word, but that's my best one word description for her. What a singer, what a performer, what show she puts on -- you're in for a treat!

Edit:
[www.setlist.fm]

Edit:
Most of the 2023.08.25 DC concert is viewable in Gary Polinsky's youtube videos [youtube.com]

Not sure how big the DC venue was but Ridgefield is all of 400 seats!!! Don’t recall a smaller show I’ve seen!!

Posted by: masseywinos ()
Date: August 29, 2023 02:32

Seems I have been priced out of the concert scene. I have seen Dylan a dozen or so times, last time was before the pandemic. I was excited to see he was coming to Massey Hall in Toronto. This by far my favorite venue in Toronto. And it's been renovated so would love to see it in it's new glory. Was logged in with Ticketmaster a half hour before tickets went on sale. 5 minutes in all "sold out". Only seats available are now minimum $1000 a pair. How they are allowed to scalp their own tickets is beyond me. What a scam. No way I can afford $1000+ for a night out.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 29, 2023 03:24

If I lived in the UK (or the one off in California):

Date: August 29, 2023 14:46

VoodooLounge13
TheBluesHadaBaby
VoodooLounge13

Ah well. Shit happens.

Edit:
[www.setlist.fm]

Edit:

Not sure how big the DC venue was but Ridgefield is all of 400 seats!!! Don’t recall a smaller show I’ve seen!!

Warner Theater is 1,850 seats. It must've been incredible being one of only 400. Did she do her audience walk during Super Duper Love (Are You Diggin On Me?)?

And did she do I Put A Spell On You? As I related I missed the encore in DC, but the best I can tell that encore was just 2 songs and didn't include it... maybe due to the lateness of her start on Friday.

Her IPASOY is a crowd-pleaser. Two examples:

May 23, 2010 in a bullring in Mallorca Spain, with Jeff Beck. Joss is 23
[m.youtube.com]
Retired opera singer Elizabeth Zharoff in Oct. 2022 heard Joss for the first time, in reviewing that performance.
[m.youtube.com]

May 22, 2023 at the Jeff Beck tribute in Royal Albert Hall, Joss sings IPASOY to Eric Clapton and Robert Randolph's accompaniment.
[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-29 14:59 by TheBluesHadaBaby.

Date: August 29, 2023 19:02

TheBluesHadaBaby
VoodooLounge13
TheBluesHadaBaby
VoodooLounge13

Ah well. Shit happens.

Edit:
[www.setlist.fm]

Edit:

Warner Theater is 1,850 seats. It must've been incredible being one of only 400. Did she do her audience walk during Super Duper Love (Are You Diggin On Me?)?

And did she do I Put A Spell On You? As I related I missed the encore in DC, but the best I can tell that encore was just 2 songs and didn't include it... maybe due to the lateness of her start on Friday.

Her IPASOY is a crowd-pleaser. Two examples:

May 23, 2010 in a bullring in Mallorca Spain, with Jeff Beck. Joss is 23
[m.youtube.com]
Retired opera singer Elizabeth Zharoff in Oct. 2022 heard Joss for the first time, in reviewing that performance.
[m.youtube.com]

May 22, 2023 at the Jeff Beck tribute in Royal Albert Hall, Joss sings IPASOY to Eric Clapton and Robert Randolph's accompaniment.
[youtu.be]

She did do her crowd walking!!! First floor only - I was front row in the mezzanine. And she did do I Put A Spell On You! It brought down the house!! I'm trying to remember the encore now. I believe it was Right To Be Wrong, Piece of My Heart, and IPASOY. There might have been another snippet in there before POMH. She came on just before 9 and was all done at 10:30. Stephen Wilson Jr did open. Couldn't understand a damn thing he sang, which was unfortunate, I thought, because he was one helluva guitar player!!!

And in checking, I guess Ridgefield Playhouse holds 500, not 400. Still pretty damn small!

Date: August 29, 2023 19:17

NashvilleBlues

Glad you enjoyed yourself. I've got a few things in the fall already. Also, Pixies/Modest Mouse is under discussion for next week and Peter Gabriel early October. Was thinking about DEVO but $100 was too rich for me.

Date: August 29, 2023 19:26

VoodooLounge13
NashvilleBlues

Thanks, brother.

Date: August 29, 2023 19:29

crholmstrom
NashvilleBlues

Glad you enjoyed yourself. I've got a few things in the fall already. Also, Pixies/Modest Mouse is under discussion for next week and Peter Gabriel early October. Was thinking about DEVO but $100 was too rich for me.

Thanks! Nice! Love to see The Pixies, Gabriel and DEVO. DEVO's Satisfaction may be my favorite all-time cover.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-29 19:32 by NashvilleBlues.

Date: August 29, 2023 20:52

NashvilleBlues
VoodooLounge13
NashvilleBlues

Thanks, brother.

The Doobies put on a decent show as well. Saw them for free many years ago when they played The Big E, which is a state fair here in New England for all 6 NE states.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...196197198199200201202203204205206...LastNext
Current Page: 201 of 210

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1558
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home