Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...177178179180181182183184185186187...LastNext
Current Page: 182 of 210
Re: What is the next concert you have tickets for?
Posted by: Dan ()
Date: May 15, 2022 01:50

MC5 tonight and not happy about it. But I will make the most of it

Tickets are usually the last thing taken care of.

Otherwise have a $25 ticket for a Jack White show and maybe Still Corners in a few weeks.

Anyone got a spare for Testament in Salt Lake City May 20?

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 15, 2022 01:56

Dan
MC5 tonight and not happy about it. But I will make the most of it

Tickets are usually the last thing taken care of.

Otherwise have a $25 ticket for a Jack White show and maybe Still Corners in a few weeks.

Anyone got a spare for Testament in Salt Lake City May 20?

When I saw DKT (AKA MC5) several years ago they were great. They had Mark Arm of Mudhoney & Marshall Crenshaw(of all people) on vocals & a kick ass band. Kim Thayill of Soundgarden came out & played guitar on some songs, too.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 21, 2022 14:29

Possibilities for June include Plant & Krauss, Tears for Fears, and Steely Dan.

The next event I've actually got a ticket for is a small club VIP meet and greet with Howard Jones and Midge Ure on my birthday in July. cool smiley

Date: May 21, 2022 16:12

Catched a-ha in Oslo last night. Good show.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: May 21, 2022 18:52

Midnight Oil with a friend

busy summer for concerts as I have

1. Roger Waters
2. Satisfaction- a Rolling Stones tribute band
3. Gov't Mule
4. Extreme
5. North Mississippi Allstars

Still thinking about adding Santana, The Cult and Tesla

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 21, 2022 20:27

Santana, Las Vegas, NV
ZZ Top, Taos, NM

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 21, 2022 21:36

Dave Mason in Petaluma was postponed last night and Ben Harper in Vegas on Thursday was cancelled so....

Midnight Oil 6/4
Dave Mason 6/9 Rescheduled
Dirty Knobs 6/19
Bright Eyes 6/20

A few maybes in that time frame too.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: May 22, 2022 03:05

The Doobie Brothers? I bought the ticket so long ago I’m not exactly sure why, I feel like Michael McDonald is back with them….?

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 22, 2022 14:21

The Dirty Knobs & Bob Dylan, the week after Memorial Day. Not together.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 23, 2022 03:36

Rolling Stones - Hyde Park

...but that doesn't necessarily mean I won't see another concert before then smiling smiley

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 23, 2022 03:46

oldschool
Midnight Oil with a friend

busy summer for concerts as I have

1. Roger Waters
2. Satisfaction- a Rolling Stones tribute band
3. Gov't Mule
4. Extreme
5. North Mississippi Allstars

Still thinking about adding Santana, The Cult and Tesla

Damn good list

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: May 23, 2022 10:26

Stones @ Hyde Park

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: June 20, 2022 20:09

Iggy Pop, Utrecht
Rolling Stones, London

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: June 20, 2022 20:17

Bright Eyes tonight in SF, 2 days of British Summer Time (Stones, Eagles/Plant & Krauss) in London, LCD Soundsystem in Brixton, Pearl Jam/First Aid Kit/ Pixies/War on Drugs at Rock Werchter, British Summer Time (Stones), Stones Amsterdam (maybe), 2 days of Cactus Festival in Brugges, Ben Harper Amsterdam, Stones in Brussels.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: June 20, 2022 20:53

June 28- Willie Nelson (re-scheduled twice)
July 5- Rod Stewart and Cheap Trick
(Plenty of others in August and September)

Posted by: perkmo ()
Date: June 20, 2022 22:06

Dead and Co tomorrow

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: June 20, 2022 22:14

Kaleo
Stones Hyde Park 1
Dirty Strangers
Stones Hyde Park 2
Stones Vienna
Rival Sons
Black Crows

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: June 21, 2022 07:33

I almost never buy tickets any more, they just happen.

Just had a really nice 6 night run:

6/14/22 Rod Stewart & Cheap Trick @ Hollywood Bowl

6/15/22 Melvins, Helms Alee, Harsh Mellow (with Dale Crover) @ Alex's Bar

6/16/22 Allison Ponthier, Wens @ Hollywood Forever Cemetery Masonic Lodge

6/17/22 The Gories, The Losin' Streaks @ Zebulon

6/18/22 Santana, Earth, Wind & Fire, War @ Banc Of California Stadium

6/19/22 Kira, Pink Trash Can @ Zebulon

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 21, 2022 07:58

Dan

That's way too much. When I was younger the most shows I've seen is two in one night. The Moody Blues at the Aud in Buffalo then after we raced to a rock club to see Foghat who came on late that night.

Other than that, Neil Young and Crazy Horse and a couple nights later The Who played Quadrophenia at the same arena.

Posted by: rovalle ()
Date: June 21, 2022 15:03

Los Lobos & Tedeschi Trucks Band, two nights @ Red Rocks late July

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: June 22, 2022 20:54

Most recently saw Cowboy Junkies, Paul McCartney, and St. Paul and the Broken Bones. A Sarah Shook concert was postponed the day of the show when a band member caught covid -- that might sound familiar around here.

Next shows I have tix for are:

28.06.2022 - Garbage

[Had intended to see Beach House on July 8th but dawdled too long and the darned thing sold out.]

31.07.2022 - Chvrches

19.08.2022 - Snail Mail

28.09.2022 - Wilderado

Other opportunities will pop up.

Considered Blondie in August, but after watching vid of a few songs from a recent show I'm sad to say my impression is Debbie's performance has fallen off quite a bit. I don't want to go to a show and feel bad for her. (Maybe after Europe SIXTY Mick could look her up share some of his training routine with her? But hey, everybody in that biz can't be a superhuman like he is.)

The Strokes in September remains a possibility.

I'm also considering Florence and the Machine in September especially now that I've caught up a little bit on her opener, Sam Fender. I'm impressed.

I'm down in Virginia
with your Cousin Lou

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: June 22, 2022 20:57

Van Morrison, 16th of june, Stuttgart Jazzopen

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: June 22, 2022 21:21

TheBluesHadaBaby
Most recently saw Cowboy Junkies, Paul McCartney, and St. Paul and the Broken Bones. A Sarah Shook concert was postponed the day of the show when a band member caught covid -- that might sound familiar around here.

28.06.2022 - Garbage

[Had intended to see Beach House on July 8th but dawdled too long and the darned thing sold out.]

31.07.2022 - Chvrches

19.08.2022 - Snail Mail

28.09.2022 - Wilderado

Considered Blondie in August, but after watching vid of a few songs from a recent show I'm sad to say my impression is Debbie's performance has fallen off quite a bit. I don't want to go to a show and feel bad for her. (Maybe after Europe SIXTY Mick could look her up share some of his training routine with her? But hey, everybody in that biz can't be a superhuman like he is.)

I'm also considering Florence and the Machine in September especially now that I've caught up a little bit on her opener, Sam Fender. I'm impressed.

Aren't The Strokes playing with RHCP?

Posted by: happyjack ()
Date: June 22, 2022 21:22

:: FIRST
KISS - 1983/11/04 - Ausstellungshalle, Sindelfingen, Germany

:: LATEST
The Rolling Stones 2022/06/05 - Olympiastadion, Munich, Germany
my 7th Stones Show

:: NEXT
KISS - 2022/06/24 - Festhalle, Frankfurt, Germany
KISS - 2022/06/28 - Schleyerhalle, Stuttgart, Germany
my 20th and 21st KISS Show - always worth the Money!

Posted by: jmd ()
Date: June 23, 2022 02:05

Dan

Dan, surprised you didn’t catch Dylan last week…

Posted by: jmd ()
Date: June 23, 2022 02:07

rovalle
Los Lobos & Tedeschi Trucks Band, two nights @ Red Rocks late July

Seeing them in LA at the Greek in August. Looking forward to it…

Date: June 23, 2022 11:47

NashvilleBlues
TheBluesHadaBaby

28.06.2022 - Garbage

31.07.2022 - Chvrches

19.08.2022 - Snail Mail

28.09.2022 - Wilderado

Aren't The Strokes playing with RHCP?

Yes. The Strokes are 2nd bill, in fact... the opposite of what it should be. IMO. I'm not a Chili Peppers fan.

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: June 23, 2022 11:53

After nearly 5 Year's Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds Tonight in Prague!!!!! Outside the Weather is Perfect... Sweet!

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: July 3, 2022 12:20

Tonight - Howard Jones & Midge Ure (with Kajagoogoo's Nick Beggs playing bass in Howard's band)

Next week, I'm back at the same small club for Martin Fry's Lexicon of ABC

Guess I'm on a bit of an Eighties kick at the moment grinning smiley

Date: July 3, 2022 23:53

TheBluesHadaBaby
...Next shows I have tix for are:

28.06.2022 - Garbage

31.07.2022 - Chvrches

19.08.2022 - Snail Mail

28.09.2022 - Wilderado

Other opportunities will pop up. ...

Garbage rocked the house in their tour opener on Tuesday. The Richmond setlist is at
[www.setlist.fm]

Setlist.fm isn't a review site but I pushed their envelope under their allowance for adding information about significant, unique, first time, etc., aspects of a concert. Some here (well, after Hyde Park 2 is over of course), might find what's happened to the tour a little interesting -- shades (though much smaller shadows) of Amsterdam and Bern.

These are under the concert page's Edits and Comments link

________
June 30, 2022
ThBluesHadABaby commented:

Regarding the two Garbage songs which got their live debuts June 28, 2022 in Richmond, Virginia:

1. Godhead live has been much anticipated by Garbage fans since its release last year on No Gods No Masters. The band came roaring straight out of the gates with it and, fired up, delivered everything one could hope for from the song. Plus a little more. Look up pics in which the adornment Shirley Manson wore on the front of her belt is visible. It was there specifically as a prop for Godhead's remarkable, defiant lyrics.

[ Notes added that are not in my setlist.fm comment:
Shirley's belt adornment is viewable in the 2nd and 4th pic of this tweet:
[twitter.com]

And the 4th pic of this tweet:
[twitter.com]

Godhead is a blunt challenge to and very rude mockery of religions presenting god as a male authority figure and in doing so being instrumental in enshrining and enforcing male primacy and helping male power dominate and subjugate females. The lyrics rate a Parental Discretion Advised warning
[www.azlyrics.com]

Night 2 was June 29 in Pittsburgh. The 3rd show was July 1 in Wilkes-Barre PA. In both Shirley didn't wear her debut-night junk on her belt, and they played Godhead but it wasn't the opening song. (End of notes)]

2. Shirley introduced their first time to ever play Can't Cry These Tears, a 2001 release, live, by saying that in this unusual style of song for them, they were paying homage to the great, "wall-of-sound", girl-group sound of the 1960s, probably best represented by the Ronettes, led by Ronnie Spector. Duke tweeted in Nov 2021 that the band was working the song up to perform live. IDK if that was happening in response to Ronnie's illness, but I'm guessing maybe. On Tuesday Shirley stated in her intro, Ronnie Spector died this year (it was in January), and they want to try to honor the wonderful sound that the Ronettes created. Shirley did caution us, Remember, this is the first time for this... "so if we f*ck it up, hey, give a girl a break." They didn't need a break, their debut of Can't Cry These Tears was - different for them, yes - and gorgeous.

Overall:

In 2021 and until Tuesday in 2022 Garbage had limited itself to 12-song supporting band sets, usually outdoors and in daylight. It was clear on June 28th how much they'd been chomping at the bit craving to get back to peforming a set as long as they wanted (this was 20 songs; their 2019 concerts tended to be 18), to a crowd that was all there for them (instead of for Alanis or Tears For Fears too), in the closer setting of a theater instead of an outdoor amphitheater.

They came out stoked to be there, we were stoked to be there, and they were gunning hard to finally give No Gods No Masters(*) the proper introduction to the world of live music that it deserves. Garbage's first headlining concert in almost 3 years was a great night for everybody involved. We loved it, and the band pretty clearly did, too.

(* I recommend getting the Deluxe edition of No Gods No Masters, btw, because the bonus disc is loaded with great stuff too. Shirley + Brody Dalle on Girls Talk? C'mon.)

_________

July 3, 2022

I now have covid and I'm about 98% sure I caught it at this concert. No criticism whatsoever of anybody implied. Omicron b.a.5 is what it is, which is super transmissable, and you transmit it before you know you have it. (I was 4X Pfizered, I have only a mild case and am okay.)

I'm posting this because Friday July 1 Shirley Manson tweeted "This world is making me sick. Literally."

She soldiered through the Wilkes-Barre PA show that night. They cut only 1 song from the setlist. But in the vids of July 1 you can see she's conserving her energy between songs and that she is not feeling her best.

Saturday July 2 Garbage cancelled its July 2 and July 3 concerts due to sickness. (To my knowledge, to date they have not specified it is covid.)

This is very unfortunate for them and their fans because they'd scheduled only 7 headlining shows, their first headlining since 2019. They return to supporting Alanis Morrisette after this short tour.

The June 28, 2022 Garbage concert in Richmond VA was tremendous... in addition to being the live debut of two great songs. Shirley, Butch, Duke, and Steve were all "on." This comment is to also note for the record, though, that I strongly suspect covid was present in our crowd that night and it was what has untracked at least part of this tour.

Again, no criticism of the venue is intended or implied. Covid probably is present in nearly all concert crowds, the only variable being how much. Even all the resources, bubbles, protocols, security, and doctors of the Rolling Stones organization couldn't keep these Omicron b.a. variants away from their frontperson.
________

As I said above, yes I do now have covid, but it's mild and I'm fine. If I was gonna catch it, that was exactly the kind of place I'd prefer to.

_________

Edit:

Back to my setlist.fm commenting:

July 6, 2022

An hour and a half ago Garbage tweeted:

"URGENT: Gutted to have to inform you that tonight’s show and tomorrow’s are both cancelled due to ongoing health issues within our camp. 11:13 AM · Jul 6, 2022 from Financial District, Boston"

Those concerts were to be July 6 in Hampton NH and July 7 in Portland Maine. This ends their first headline tour in three years, with only 3 of the shows performed, and only the first 2 of them with Shirley Manson feeling fully herself.

The 2 1/2 yr old pandemic is still lashing the live music world. I caught covid the same place and time I'm virtually certain Shirley Manson did too: In the June 28 tour opening show in Richmond VA. Although now symptomless, early this morning I still tested positive. So I expected that Garbage probably would, too. And unfortunately that seems to be the case.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-06 21:56 by TheBluesHadaBaby.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...177178179180181182183184185186187...LastNext
Current Page: 182 of 210

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2021
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home